[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 13:17

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 17:12
ziplock815 wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 14:58
Reporting issues: sectors Black hole sun 7-8 etc are still completely black with big blue-purple dots (Using last version of "Stars"). Low fps in some sectors of Family Tkr system. Background asteroid in Silent witness is largely pixelated. Superhighway bug remains in some sectors, but after discovering the next pair in adjacent sector (using cheat menu) seems to work fine, but only with autopilot.

Spaceflight through superhighway after last patch feels like elite dangerous/freelancer now. Excellent work :)
holy cow, what could be? I assure you that black hole sun is ok here... :gruebel: anyway, I am uploading a new version and will upload STARS too thereafter

btw what other mods are you using?
I'm using Encounters, Jumpdrive for player ships, NPC recovered by Gramston, Crystal rarities, Emergent missions and some other mods tied to it and orange mouse cursor :D
Is there a possibility that Black hole sun 7-8 are black because there's some interference with these mods?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 15:58

Any mod adding sectors or changing the regions can...will break my mod.
In your list maybe Crystal mod, don't know it, the others should be fine

It would be best to test my mod without any....it is already huge as it is, bug finding is a pain in the ass :doh:

IMPORTANT
This mod is under testing. It is a huge overhaul that changes everything related to universe creation.
If you decide to help me finalize it, please DON'T USE OTHER MODS, EXPECIALLY NOT MODS THAT ADD SECTORS. THEY WILL BREAK THE MOD 100%
After testing I will make it more compatible, but in general this universe is a big overhaul, other mods adding sectors should be patched and made compatible by their authors. I can only see some, after I've finished with testing
Many mods are compatible but remember that many small mods could be not necessary. If using XRSGE + REM you already have a lot of small features like increased scanner, etc. I had to change many small vanilla features to work better in an enlarged universe.
Last edited by Realspace on Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Radrakin

Post by Radrakin » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:10

I'd take a look at Encounters too, even though I am not using this mod as of yet since it being in a testing phase Encounters could potentially influence sectors to some degree - if not directly in terms of locations, potentially in distance and size of said sector.

EDIT: Just noticed the image you (Realspace) posted, since it didn't appear when I read your post the first time. Ignore my above statement. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:23

Radrakin wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 16:10
I'd take a look at Encounters too, even though I am not using this mod as of yet since it being in a testing phase Encounters could potentially influence sectors to some degree - if not directly in terms of locations, potentially in distance and size of said sector.

EDIT: Just noticed the image you (Realspace) posted, since it didn't appear when I read your post the first time. Ignore my above statement. :)
Not really, don't apologize, you made me think about it, Encounters...you're right, I am using it too. Must look...thanks!

edit: ok, I looked...no it seems ok.
I think some players could have other mods adding sectors that could do these things: break the gates, break the scenery, break the regions (fog, asteroids, etc.)
That said it is possible that the cause is my mod but I am quite confident that most of the issues here are only related to the regions (that I am redoing right now).
There are some overlapping (fps drop), some that I changed without testing...I'd have to load each sector with all its regions for any test...they are +200!!
I am actually doing it for may sectors...but keep in mind that for any bug report that is not due to my mod I have either to start a game or create a setting of that sector and load the regions inside.........this means a lot of time :doh:

so please people help me test it without interferences from other mods :roll:

Radrakin

Post by Radrakin » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 17:47

To be fair there are only a few "Region Adding/Changing" mods out there atm. Below I composed a list of mods that may cause issues.

(Please note I am building this off of my current mod list (both enabled and disabled) and assumptions.)

Compatible:
  • Egosoft's DLCs (Obviously.)
Potentially Incompatible:
  • DeadAir Faction mods (Adds new sectors.) (i.e Caldari, Minmatar, Gallente & Amarr)
  • DeadAir Gate (Changes the way the universe is set up.)
Definitely Incompatible for obvious reasons:
  • Star Wars Interworlds.
Those mods that depend on certain elements being the same in a vanilla universe could potentially break but would need testing are below:

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 19:45

Could you post some images that show how the map (connections/highways if possible) looks like? A global one would probably not work, but maybe images from the four corners of the map? Or at least areas of interest, or the ones you are most proud of. :P
Iucundi acti labores

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 20:26

Radrakin wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 17:47
To be fair there are only a few "Region Adding/Changing" mods out there atm. Below I composed a list of mods that may cause issues.

(Please note I am building this off of my current mod list (both enabled and disabled) and assumptions.)

Compatible:
  • Egosoft's DLCs (Obviously.)
Potentially Incompatible:
  • DeadAir Faction mods (Adds new sectors.) (i.e Caldari, Minmatar, Gallente & Amarr)
  • DeadAir Gate (Changes the way the universe is set up.)
Definitely Incompatible for obvious reasons:
  • Star Wars Interworlds.
Those mods that depend on certain elements being the same in a vanilla universe could potentially break but would need testing are below:

Thank you ;-)
Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 19:45
Could you post some images that show how the map (connections/highways if possible) looks like? A global one would probably not work, but maybe images from the four corners of the map? Or at least areas of interest, or the ones you are most proud of. :P
I will...as soon as I end this exhaustive bug fixing :mrgreen:

I've found the cause of some strange bugs that randomly few people have...it's STARS mod :rant:

The mod contains some modifications to the cluster's meshes and some modified regions. They were made for people using STARS alone, these are not needed in XRSGE that changes every single cluster and region with its own.
Even if XRSGE has priority, it happens that stuff rom STARS is used instead if they add the same thing.

I noticed today that the regions I changed kept their old aspect, that's bc the engine was reading the materials from STARS instead.
This thing was driving me crazy! :doh:

I'll make two release then, a standalone STARS and one that is only for XRSGE.
In the meantime you can open the STARS mod and delete these files:

libraries/region_definition.xml
assets/environments/* (all the folder)
extensions/* (all the folder)

DON'T START A NEW GAME YET
I've almost finished reworking all the regions, this is fundamental to make new updates not requiring a new game
I've done a big reduction in memory size, now save files are equal to vanilla, game start in less than 2 minutes, save/load is 40 secs
Regions are huge but resources are spread in pockets, so we have both: huge dramatic sceneries (you can virtually fly for 100.000 kms inside an ore belt and not see an end) and performance

Also, I've redone the diff patch for better compatibility of regions, this should avoid conflict with other mods as long as they DON'T LOAD AFTER XRSGE
Next last compatibility diff to remake is galaxy.xml to make other mods that add sectors work with mine. They still need to be patched by their authors.
Remember that my galaxy is spread on a large map, systems are far apart, so ANY MOD adding sectors won't work out of the box, they overlap positions for sure

Will upload this version later today

Realspace
x4

BETA RELEASE: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Realspace » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 13:44

BETA READY - V9.01
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
This release can be considered fully playable.
From here on all corrections won't require a new game's start...I hope :mrgreen:

Allow up to 10 minutes for a new game to start. If the loading wheel is stuck don't worry. You can try exit/enter the game's window.
Save/load time and size is back to normal, save is less than a minute with a ssd
Some stuttering at the beginning of a new game is normal, it should pass after some minutes. Settings at full screen (no windowed) and vsync on can help minimize

What this mod offers
* huge map (4/5x nr of sectors) that is not random. All the universe is made of systems, real systems with eclyptics, "orbiting" planets, orbital logic.
* Every faction starts in its own system, it can have full control or not. Some sectors at the border of the systems can be ownerless or controlled by pirates/xenons. Spilt's systems are plagued by Xenon's control over some eclyptics
* Internally, every system is connected either through superhighways or accelerators (Terran kind). Superhighways can even reach another planets at 16.000.000 kms far away (game's real scale). Superhighway's transit is slower, you can feel the distances. Of course, there are NO (basic) highways.
Using my Realspace Engines mod, in addition, greatly increases immersion: accelerations are not instantaneous but high speeds are possible with any ship. So what normal highway offered is useless
* Regions are spread into two kinds: SCENERIES AND RESOURCES. Resources are spread in various pockets (gas, roids, debris etc) that can or can not be close to the exit of accelerators/superhighways. Flying towards planets, gas giants, broken moons etc usually opens to new dense resources and threasures.
* Resources are not random. I took great care to create new custom ringed gas giants having their own rings you can cross through. So I've added broken moons, collapsed asteroids, ore belts, low orbit gas giants, sun coronas, etc. In these locations you find the respective resources.
These are strategically spread but follow a logic that is similar in each system: helium is oc close to the sun, roids in the belts, etc. Each in its own environments.
*Vanilla sectors keep their resource's regions (for now). As we know, they are bland random spots, not making any logical sense. I left them quite untouched simply opened their distribution in some thousands kms instead of few tens. Changed or removed the local spot volumetric fogs.
After long playing and feedbacks from player we can think of almost removing most of them that don't make much sense, things as a spot close to a planet having all inside: methane, ores, etc. The logic of the mod instead is: you want roids? Navigate towards the rings or the belts or the collapsed moons... you want helium? go to the sun...you want hydrogen or methane, go to lower orbit of a gas giant or methane-sea moon. You want ice? Go the external sectors, and so on...
*Sceneries are huuuuge regions of space that serve only as nice dramatic view. They can be asteroids belts, fogs, etc that are +100.000 kms large, sometimes millions kms covering half of a system. I've doublechecked all to see that they don't affect fps too much but these can be changed later in game without issues
* Gates connect systems, so they are usually at the border of any system, towards the external planets or even in the belts far away. Gates can also be close to the sun in the core of the system
* Many systems have access to their sun. It can be an harsh area with radiations but plenty of treasures. Its access should be limited to high ranks (feature not implemented yet)
* Pirates etc have bases in the external regions of the systems and use the less crowded routes

Things to test
* Any scene that has errors, such as a sun behind a planet, etc. This can be patched easily, no new game required
* Low fps due to fog regions, etc. Since I separated resources from sceneries, this should not require a new start after issues are corrected
* Missing meshes, textures, etc. Be sure NOT to use other mods that could mess in, NO OTHER MODS ADDING SECTORS, PLEASE
Setting volumetric fog at ZERO in the settings helps a lot

Extra requirements
The mod NEEDS the other mod, STARS, to be active. Mandatory!
The third mod, Realspace Engines MOD (REM) is NOT mandatory, it greatly increases the experience thou. I am updating it and making compatible with the major added-ships mods. For now It is compatible with Ship Variation Extension
Please update STARS mod too at version 3.1 where I removed the files that could conflict with XRSGE. Or if you have version 3.01, you can do the following,
open the STARS mod and delete these files:
libraries/region_definition.xml
assets/environments/* (all the folder)
extensions/* (all the folder)

Major issues
The original big save files issue is resolved. Starting a game is quite fast now, save files not bigger than vanilla
The superhighways that don't work if you don't know the arriving sector (and use autopilot), still remains :| Seems that it happens with the very long superhighways
There are some walkarounds, one is to wait for a ship passing through and follow it with autopilot :D or in starting scenarios as Terran cadet, f.i., docking the carrier and let be transported through various sectors
I eventually want to resolve this thing but am clueless now. This thing randomly happens in vanilla map too

Things to do
Creating core/external sectors restrictions in every system. It makes sense that faction protect their main planet more than external ones
Using the new galaxy layout, it'd be nice to create other additions in game's logic. I.e. pirates avoiding central sectors, xenons using the sun's connections, etc.
Please be inspired by the mod to add other npc's behaviors. Unluckly I am a total noob at scripting :oops:

To other modders
If you like the new setting I created please be inspired. I'll gladly include any new idea, with credits, such as a different pathfinding, security behavior or whatever AI logic that is inspired by the new galaxy template.
As told, I am total noob at scripting, so will only implement other static things from here on. The rest it to your creativity

Thanks
I want to thank all who helped me to nail any small or big issue I faced when started this project months ago, jumping out in the blue...thanks guys!

DeadAirRT
tomchk
Shuulo
Dr Reed
John Colman

...and all the players for their precious feedbacks
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 15. Jul 22, 11:01, edited 3 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 00:05

Strange bug in sector Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma+Jump Gate :gruebel:

Can't pass through North - East accelerator even when following some passing ship using autopilot. Tried to dock to a big freighter, it jumped and I found myself back to this sector and game just froze.
Using the last version. No mods interfering.
Here're some screenshots

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 08:19

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 00:05
Strange bug in sector Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma+Jump Gate :gruebel:

Can't pass through North - East accelerator even when following some passing ship using autopilot. Tried to dock to a big freighter, it jumped and I found myself back to this sector and game just froze.
Here're some screenshots

Well...at least is a new bug :D do you mean the superhighway or the accelerator?

Go figure..I had the Silverback stuck in terran plot..an issue that was resolved in hotfix 4.1 and I never had in the starts I had tested in last days :gruebel:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 08:37

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 08:19
ziplock815 wrote:

Here're some screenshots

Well...at least is a new bug :D do you mean the superhighway or the accelerator?

It seems my images weren't uploaded properly. Don't know how to do this, it's easier to show you.
In two words: accelerator looks...deformed, and when using external camera it looks like 2D and space/planets/asteroids look deformed too like near black hole. Maybe this accelerator suffered Boso Ta's anomaly research and really turned into black hole : D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 10:45

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 08:37
Realspace wrote:
ziplock815 wrote:

Here're some screenshots

It seems my images weren't uploaded properly. Don't know how to do this, it's easier to show you.
In two words: accelerator looks...deformed, and when using external camera it looks like 2D and space/planets/asteroids look deformed too like near black hole. Maybe this accelerator suffered Boso Ta's anomaly research and really turned into black hole : D
wtf....what happens inside that pc of yours? Are you inside an anomaly? :lol: ...will loook for it..but can't think of a reason why my mod should do this :gruebel:

btw are the past bugs resolved?

----------------------------------------------------------------

X4RSGE - Patch 9.02 available
Increases performance
New game not mandatory but recomended :D

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 16:33

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 10:45
ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 08:37
Realspace wrote:

wtf....what happens inside that pc of yours? Are you inside an anomaly? :lol: ...will loook for it..but can't think of a reason why my mod should do this :gruebel:

btw are the past bugs resolved?

----------------------------------------------------------------

X4RSGE - Patch 9.02 available
Increases performance
New game not mandatory but recomended :D
I'll look at it today evening, especially to black "black hole sun 7-8" which I didn't have a chance to check out yesterday.
And I also will try to pass through this strange accelerator in Grand Exchange and not end up in some other universe :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 19:04

Ok I found the reason of stuttering occurring for too long.

It's all from that damn region_definition file.

I tried different combinations and of course the large sceneries do impact the lag (but not the save-file).

Then as last I tried also removing all the vanilla regions and, just to see...and stuttering is gone! So this means that it is a problem of quantity of regions to process, not how they are made or how large.
I was sure that too big regions were the cause but seems not, not entirely at least. They affect save file if contain resources, otherwise not. Still cause the lag if the general quantity is too much.

I read that some players had this issue of stuttering even in vanilla after the dlc's. so now this makes sense. Because it's the quantity of new regions that sums up and seems that at a certain point the engine is stuck in processing too much stuff.

So this is both a good and bad news. The bad news is I must spend more time on modding :doh: , the good is that we will be able to use the vast regions, like entire rings of 100.000 kms or large sun coronas or vast gas giant's low orbits, instead of the vanilla random pockets put anywhere, if I remove the vanilla one by one (not all).
This was in the aim of the mod nevertheless, because I moved resources where they make sense, as in description of mod. But had planned to keep vanilla regions active for an easier gaming.

About superhighways...in one of latest patches, ego removed the possibility to select the superhighway for autopilot. If someone can find how to reactivate this feature, then the issue is resolved

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:48

Well, seems like deformed accelerators and not working superhighways/jumpgate start to work as soon as I have a chance to dock to capital ship passing by. Checked out Black hole sun 7 / 8 - they're still completely black :gruebel:

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 01:17

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:48
Well, seems like deformed accelerators and not working superhighways/jumpgate start to work as soon as I have a chance to dock to capital ship passing by.
I use the following workaround: I have my main ship and a scout ship, both with an AI pilot. I let my scout ship follow another AI ship which hopefully passes through a few sectors, and I let the captain of my main ship follow my scout ship. I stand by as passenger in the main ship. This way the sectors become known and the highways and accelerators active. After all are discovered, I can use the highways and accelerators finally by myself.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:34

I think Avarice plot is broken. After picking up teladi pilot of the doomed Pelican there's a mission to transport him to Tidebreak, but when docked - nothing happens. Mission log says just: "dock at", and that's all. After docking to station mission changes to: "take control of your ship" and then again changes to: "dock at" and there's no waypoint :cry:
Maybe that happens because there must be a tide from the star that triggers some script, but it doesn't happen and the script doesn't work too.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:36

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 01:17
ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:48
Well, seems like deformed accelerators and not working superhighways/jumpgate start to work as soon as I have a chance to dock to capital ship passing by.
I use the following workaround: I have my main ship and a scout ship, both with an AI pilot. I let my scout ship follow another AI ship which hopefully passes through a few sectors, and I let the captain of my main ship follow my scout ship. I stand by as passenger in the main ship. This way the sectors become known and the highways and accelerators active. After all are discovered, I can use the highways and accelerators finally by myself.
Yeah, tried it too. Seems to work fine for now.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 21:26

ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:34
I think Avarice plot is broken. After picking up teladi pilot of the doomed Pelican there's a mission to transport him to Tidebreak, but when docked - nothing happens. Mission log says just: "dock at", and that's all. After docking to station mission changes to: "take control of your ship" and then again changes to: "dock at" and there's no waypoint :cry:
Maybe that happens because there must be a tide from the star that triggers some script, but it doesn't happen and the script doesn't work too.
Mmm.. that's strange. I only add sectors in toa, even regions are untouched. Maybe the script is looking for an accelerator that does not exist? Must look

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 13:11

Well, I had a savegame before talking to that teladi (lucky me) so I just left him floating in hazardous environment of Avarice with broken engines. Let's just hope his ship is immortal :D
I decided to continue to explore the universe in my Elite
(Avoiding scary black Black Hole sun 7), when multiple xenon M's attacked me and destroyed my made-of-glass-and-paper elite and space suit when trying to pass not working jumpgate to Morning star from Windfall. 20 mins later after waiting the savegame to load I've met Zeus of Expeditionary fleet, which was shooting down xenons and (luckily) heading for Morning star, where I was heading too. I docked and passed through the gate. Really cool experience, need to be more careful now to avoid being killed and wait another 20 mins of loading :D

Btw, your mod already feels immersive as hell. I like to explore huge locations and it'd be cool to read some kind of news during traveling between sectors (like GNS in X-Tended terran conflict).
Remembering X-Tended, there were a plenty of systems with 2 or more suns. Not very realistic maybe, but it added more variety to the universe. Are there any plans to make some systems with 2-3-4 stars of different type/colour? Binary star system for example with red giant and white dwarf etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”