[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Newinger » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 01:17

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:48
Well, seems like deformed accelerators and not working superhighways/jumpgate start to work as soon as I have a chance to dock to capital ship passing by.
I use the following workaround: I have my main ship and a scout ship, both with an AI pilot. I let my scout ship follow another AI ship which hopefully passes through a few sectors, and I let the captain of my main ship follow my scout ship. I stand by as passenger in the main ship. This way the sectors become known and the highways and accelerators active. After all are discovered, I can use the highways and accelerators finally by myself.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:34

I think Avarice plot is broken. After picking up teladi pilot of the doomed Pelican there's a mission to transport him to Tidebreak, but when docked - nothing happens. Mission log says just: "dock at", and that's all. After docking to station mission changes to: "take control of your ship" and then again changes to: "dock at" and there's no waypoint :cry:
Maybe that happens because there must be a tide from the star that triggers some script, but it doesn't happen and the script doesn't work too.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:36

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 01:17
ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:48
Well, seems like deformed accelerators and not working superhighways/jumpgate start to work as soon as I have a chance to dock to capital ship passing by.
I use the following workaround: I have my main ship and a scout ship, both with an AI pilot. I let my scout ship follow another AI ship which hopefully passes through a few sectors, and I let the captain of my main ship follow my scout ship. I stand by as passenger in the main ship. This way the sectors become known and the highways and accelerators active. After all are discovered, I can use the highways and accelerators finally by myself.
Yeah, tried it too. Seems to work fine for now.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 21:26

ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:34
I think Avarice plot is broken. After picking up teladi pilot of the doomed Pelican there's a mission to transport him to Tidebreak, but when docked - nothing happens. Mission log says just: "dock at", and that's all. After docking to station mission changes to: "take control of your ship" and then again changes to: "dock at" and there's no waypoint :cry:
Maybe that happens because there must be a tide from the star that triggers some script, but it doesn't happen and the script doesn't work too.
Mmm.. that's strange. I only add sectors in toa, even regions are untouched. Maybe the script is looking for an accelerator that does not exist? Must look

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 13:11

Well, I had a savegame before talking to that teladi (lucky me) so I just left him floating in hazardous environment of Avarice with broken engines. Let's just hope his ship is immortal :D
I decided to continue to explore the universe in my Elite
(Avoiding scary black Black Hole sun 7), when multiple xenon M's attacked me and destroyed my made-of-glass-and-paper elite and space suit when trying to pass not working jumpgate to Morning star from Windfall. 20 mins later after waiting the savegame to load I've met Zeus of Expeditionary fleet, which was shooting down xenons and (luckily) heading for Morning star, where I was heading too. I docked and passed through the gate. Really cool experience, need to be more careful now to avoid being killed and wait another 20 mins of loading :D

Btw, your mod already feels immersive as hell. I like to explore huge locations and it'd be cool to read some kind of news during traveling between sectors (like GNS in X-Tended terran conflict).
Remembering X-Tended, there were a plenty of systems with 2 or more suns. Not very realistic maybe, but it added more variety to the universe. Are there any plans to make some systems with 2-3-4 stars of different type/colour? Binary star system for example with red giant and white dwarf etc.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 20:08

X4RSGE_Patch_0.93
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

Version
0.93 (BETA)
Important update to increase performance, regions all redone
New game is necessary
Some reported bugs are still not checked by me

this update should reduce stuttering quite a lot, after some time from start
There is still margin for improvement but I need time to rework sector by sector, again.. :doh:
I focus first on this, then bug fixing that should not require a new start

Edit:
AFTER FURTHER INVESTIGATION, AKA REMOVING REGIONS AT BLOCKS, IT SEEMS THAT ALL PROBLEMS ARE CREATED BY TIDES OF AVARICE
MY MOD + BASE + SPLIT + TERRAN = 200MB UNCOMPRESSED SAVE FILE, NO STUTTERING
:evil:

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 18:25

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 19. Jul 22, 20:08
AFTER FURTHER INVESTIGATION, AKA REMOVING REGIONS AT BLOCKS, IT SEEMS THAT ALL PROBLEMS ARE CREATED BY TIDES OF AVARICE
Is it ToA, or is it just the number of sectors?

How is it if you use
- Mod + Base + ToA + CoH (without SV)
- Mod + Base + ToA + SV (without CoH)
?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 30. Jul 22, 11:26

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 20. Jul 22, 18:25
Realspace wrote:
Tue, 19. Jul 22, 20:08
Is it ToA, or is it just the number of sectors?

How is it if you use
- Mod + Base + ToA + CoH (without SV)
- Mod + Base + ToA + SV (without CoH)
?
I am still figuring out. Seems both. Don't start a game without any of the dlc's, unless it is for testing only. My mod needs ALL dlc's resources and adds gates and multi-sectors to all existing sectors

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.1) - "Engines Mod" (1.6) - "X4RSGE" (0.94)

Post by Realspace » Sat, 30. Jul 22, 20:45

PATCH 0.94 AVAILABLE

I've further redone all the regions, for look and performance

Better distribution of resources but, most important, big performance increase:
* Stuttering still occurring at start, minimizes after less time
* Ram usage reduced to 4/8gb (it was 12gb)
* New game start and load about 4-5 minutes, save is reduced (15-20 secs). So, save often

Unfortunally, NEW GAME START is required

I am 5 minutes into a new game, STUTTERING IS TOTALLY GONE! :x4:

tip:
use the cheat mod you find in Steam workshop. Use the function: reveal all map.
This momentary trick solves the un-targettable superhighways

Take a tour of the new galaxy and share your impressions :-D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH 0.941 AVAILABLE

RESOLVES THE PITCH BLACK SECTORS ISSUE and some other minor issues
New game start NOT necessary if you update from version 0.94 already

------------------------------
Next level bug correction....
From now on I will focus on correction of not working superhighways. I don't mean those that don't trigger when you pass through. I mean those that are displayed but are INACTIVE. You can reveal all map by cheat and see which ones don't show on the map even if you see them in space. Up to now I found 3, one in getsu fune alpha, the others in black hole sun vi and vii. Those are corrected for next update. So please help me to find the others
Unfortunally seems the game does not refresh the map so this bug requires a new start :cry: that's why I wish to resolve this as first

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.6) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 00:52

Found superhighway bug in Tharka's Cascade - it doesn't show on map. Revealing map using sheat menu doesn't help. Teleporting to nearby sector -Tharka's Cascade beta - seems to be a solution - superhighway starts to show on map after some time.

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.6) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 00:52
Found superhighway bug in Tharka's Cascade - it doesn't show on map. Revealing map using sheat menu doesn't help. Teleporting to nearby sector -Tharka's Cascade beta - seems to be a solution - superhighway starts to show on map after some time.
This thing happens in other sectors too..it's a damn mystery! :evil:
Superhighways are identical, same parameters and distances, somewhere they work normally, in others only by reducing distances, in other only if you teleport to the other side... :o
I start to think this is a bug with superhighways per se, not my mod
There is a definitve solution, i.e. changing them with accelerators. Accelerators work even within the same sector and are bug-free. But we'd lose the nice scene of slowly approaching a planet that there is now with slower superhighways.. :sceptic:

btw...
REM (Realspace Engines Mod) V.1.65 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

This version is identical to v.1.6 but has TRAVEL DRIVE max speeds augmented for all engines, in proportion
This feature is to make it better cope with my other galaxy expansion mod and the larger space to explore

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:07

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

There is a definitve solution, i.e. changing them with accelerators. Accelerators work even within the same sector and are bug-free. But we'd lose the nice scene of slowly approaching a planet that there is now with slower superhighways.. :sceptic:
No! Please! We can't make such a sacrifice :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:15

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:07
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 12:00

No! Please! We can't make such a sacrifice :D
I am also thinking of having them both. Since accelerators are more versatile and can be put anywhere, i'd like to add them but make them connecting further regions. The idea is this: superhighways are "free" and only go up to a certain orbit's distance, while accelerators bring you much closer to important regions. Only, I don't know how and if I can make accelerators somehow locked to high ranks, etc.
This would open nice dynamics, like sector's owner being able to use them while other not (only superhighways). But I still have not figured out how to set such parameters to gates to lock them :gruebel:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:31

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 13:15
I am also thinking of having them both. Since accelerators are more versatile and can be put anywhere, i'd like to add them but make them connecting further regions. The idea is this: superhighways are "free" and only go up to a certain orbit's distance, while accelerators bring you much closer to important regions. Only, I don't know how and if I can make accelerators somehow locked to high ranks, etc.
This would open nice dynamics, like sector's owner being able to use them while other not (only superhighways). But I still have not figured out how to set such parameters to gates to lock them :gruebel:
That's very good idea. I already like this feature to explore system's sun sectors looking for lockboxes and evading pirate ships.
Btw, problem with superhighways seems not to be only "superhighway" problem. There's a bug with some gates and accelerators which start to work properly only when discovering nearby sectors and using autopilot.
P.S. (I'm not just protecting superhighways from being wiped out from the X-Universe, but I really like how they work in this mod...when they work of course :D )

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 16:34

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:31
There's a bug with some gates and accelerators which start to work properly only when discovering nearby sectors and using autopilot.
Holy cow! So this is coherent with what happens to superhighways too, they appear or not randomly, like they need to be loaded.
This brings me to think that maybe the number of sectors somehow overburdens the engine.
I also tried different macros entries but they all mess the layout. Can't add superhighways to the macros.xml or they don't work
Don't know what to think, I am clueless...and tired :(

p.s. are the gate having the same issue random or fixed?

p.p.s
I think I found a clue: I am using the cheat to teleport to each sector to check, well seems that the superhighways only load when you first hit the very CENTER of the sector
:!: :sceptic:

I've checked every sector using the cheat mod, seems all superhighways are functioning now. Will upload latest

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09

XRSGE - FULL REPACK
Version 1.0
Some bug fixes, solar regions redone and superhighways all double-checked and uniformed
Stuttering resolved. Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
No more beta, fully playable.
New start required (last one!)

------------------------------

Version 1.01
Contains some bug fixes: lightings and fogs in Farnham's Legends + other missing fogs
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 5. Aug 22, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.

tomchk
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10

Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 19:43

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created
Cool. What do you mean by orbital logic in the notes?
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.01)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 20:29

They don't really orbit..well some moons do. But planets and sectors are placed as if they did, in eclyptics

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”