[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09

XRSGE - FULL REPACK
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
Version 1.0
Some bug fixes, solar regions redone and superhighways all double-checked and uniformed
Stuttering resolved. Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
No more beta, fully playable.
New start required (last one!)

------------------------------

Version 1.01
Contains some bug fixes: lightings and fogs in Farnham's Legends + other missing fogs
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 5. Aug 22, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.

tomchk
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10

Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.0)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks for the credit! This look amazing. I hope I can try it soon--been out of all this stuff for a while. Did you happen to take advantage of this addon? I hope more people find it useful! viewtopic.php?f=181&t=444288
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 19:43

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 08:43
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 5. Aug 22, 04:10
Thanks to you for the help!
I did take the old way of direct xml editing :doh: ...at the end one gets quite fast at it, but am sure I missed a much easier and powerful tool. I must first learn to use blender much better than I do now.. :D
Indeed I could not create splin tubes, only spheres, boxes and tubes, which was enough for how the mod is conceived...huge regions for realism and resources spread in pockets. The real challenge were the rings, but using existing splin-tubes I did create custom true rings of 200.000kms and added them to 10 brand new ringed giants I had created
Cool. What do you mean by orbital logic in the notes?
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.01)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 20:29

They don't really orbit..well some moons do. But planets and sectors are placed as if they did, in eclyptics

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (0.941)

Post by Newinger » Sat, 6. Aug 22, 17:39

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09
Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
The performance has been improved a lot; thanks!

The highways are still what stops me to use the mod for longer; with the default game start in Black Hole Sun, I can use the south highway fine; but using the same highway back only works with auto pilot set to a location in the previous sector.

The other highway in the north does not trigger at all; having to rely on cheating or following an AI ship is too unimmersive, unfortunately.

I understand this is not your fault, it seems simply that the game engine is not suitable for this kind of universe design.

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.01)

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 00:35

Bug report: The bug with deformed North accelerator in Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma +Jumpgate remains :cry:

Serious fps drop when using long range scanner in asteroid rich regions

Stuttering seems to be back in my game. And I have a lot of freezes for some reason. Started new game with "Young gun" gamestart, using version 1.01

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:46

Newinger wrote:
Sat, 6. Aug 22, 17:39
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 19:09
Highways all active, if they don't trigger either command your pilot to explore them or use a cheat mod to teleport inside the superhighway's entrance.
The performance has been improved a lot; thanks!

The highways are still what stops me to use the mod for longer; with the default game start in Black Hole Sun, I can use the south highway fine; but using the same highway back only works with auto pilot set to a location in the previous sector.

The other highway in the north does not trigger at all; having to rely on cheating or following an AI ship is too unimmersive, unfortunately.

I understand this is not your fault, it seems simply that the game engine is not suitable for this kind of universe design.
I've tested every single sector and now all superhw should at least show up. It seems that you have to hit the center of the sector with your ship. I suppose there is some vanilla script that triggers their load up when crossing the sector. F.i. there is one that makes the neighbour sector known. Vanilla sectors are much smaller so maybe this thing happens in the mod due to large sectors and so many superhws.

You can do by not using the cheat, or using the cheat only once to show the whole map. Hiring a pilot can work, giving the explore command with shw's entrance as target.

I've not found the autopilot feature that was removed by the patch, that would do the job. Tageting the entrance and activate autopilot. Hope it is not hardcoded, found none in scripts folder, if someone knows where it is...
ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 00:35
Bug report: The bug with deformed North accelerator in Grand Exchange 3 Nopileo's Fortune Gamma +Jumpgate remains :cry:

Serious fps drop when using long range scanner in asteroid rich regions

Stuttering seems to be back in my game. And I have a lot of freezes for some reason. Started new game with "Young gun" gamestart, using version 1.01
I've increased the range of scanner to cope with larger sectors, maybe I must nerf it back a bit. With long range it highlights many more things, so the fps dtop. You can delete the whole paragraph in parameters xml. It is quite clear, I put notes everywhere. If using REM mod, do it there too. This oc resets scanners to vanilla

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 20:53

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:46

I've increased the range of scanner to cope with larger sectors, maybe I must nerf it back a bit. With long range it highlights many more things, so the fps dtop. You can delete the whole paragraph in parameters xml. It is quite clear, I put notes everywhere. If using REM mod, do it there too. This oc resets scanners to vanilla
Oh...could you explain a bit what I need to delete? I'm not really good in that kind of thing :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 09:59

ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 20:53
Oh...could you explain a bit what I need to delete? I'm not really good in that kind of thing :)
No need, I've done a small patch:
X4RSGE_Patch_v1.02
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files
Nerfed down scanner (and improved fps)
Increased map's revelation and radar range, that should help showing superhighways earlier and copes better with bigger sectors

PhoenixtheII

Post by PhoenixtheII » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 00:21

Bug report:

Stars 3.11
XGR: 1.02

Scenarion: Project Genesis Terran Najia Takio
Mission: Maintenance Duty
Phase 3: Repair

What is happening:

After you finish the cutscene about the super secret facility, you need to repair 2 data leaks, before you're transported to another sector by an anomoly.

But, the station the Oberth should be at, isn't there at all.

Expected:

Oberth to be right next to that station, docked. So you can spacesuit to repair the leaks.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 13:49

PhoenixtheII wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 00:21
Bug report:

Stars 3.11
XGR: 1.02

Scenarion: Project Genesis Terran Najia Takio
Mission: Maintenance Duty
Phase 3: Repair

What is happening:

After you finish the cutscene about the super secret facility, you need to repair 2 data leaks, before you're transported to another sector by an anomoly.

But, the station the Oberth should be at, isn't there at all.

Expected:

Oberth to be right next to that station, docked. So you can spacesuit to repair the leaks.
That's strange, I've just completed that mission. I play terran cadet. First the Oberth jumped to gaian prophecy alpha. Then the whole station was teleported to Grand Exchange. This happens only after you have repaired 3 leaks (not 2, in my game). Don't know if it is fixed or random destination but it worked in my playthrough. Consider that I left vanilla sectors intact so such an issue is not to be expected and probably not due to my mod

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 19:11

weird thing.
I just tried 'terran cadet' start on 2 different systems (windows and linux) and on both it seems broken

on windows, everything looks all right, but 2 accelerators that are in starting system (mars alpha) are inactive (I can go trough them)

on linux, even the starting screen (load save start new game etc) is broken and instead of misty scene with asteroids I see just background, and gates are not even present in the system (i cannot see models or connections on the map, like I can on windows)

usually this type of error is when connection between gates are broken.. will try to look for mod conflicts, but kinda dont see any potential ones

I am not using engine mod.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 22. Aug 22, 22:08

djrygar wrote:
Fri, 19. Aug 22, 19:11
weird thing.
I just tried 'terran cadet' start on 2 different systems (windows and linux) and on both it seems broken

on windows, everything looks all right, but 2 accelerators that are in starting system (mars alpha) are inactive (I can go trough them)

on linux, even the starting screen (load save start new game etc) is broken and instead of misty scene with asteroids I see just background, and gates are not even present in the system (i cannot see models or connections on the map, like I can on windows)

usually this type of error is when connection between gates are broken.. will try to look for mod conflicts, but kinda dont see any potential ones

I am not using engine mod.
There is a simple way to check connection's integrity: open menu as for starting a custom game and the map's tab, if the connection is broken it does not show there in the map preview. But I am quite confidant the connections are not broken. Something else happens, where do you put your mod? It has to be in the game's main folder, not in documents etc. Why Linux does not work is beyond my knowledge, I don't have one installed in my pc

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Tue, 23. Aug 22, 23:25

This is just a guess, but I've had that problem with other X4 mods before; linux is case sensitive while windows is not. Though with X4 the only problems I had were when the base mod folder had some capitalisation, I just lowercased the whole thing and everything worked. No idea if that is an issue here, haven't tested it yet, though I will at some point once I start playing X4 again.
Iucundi acti labores

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 24. Aug 22, 14:13

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Tue, 23. Aug 22, 23:25
This is just a guess, but I've had that problem with other X4 mods before; linux is case sensitive while windows is not. Though with X4 the only problems I had were when the base mod folder had some capitalisation, I just lowercased the whole thing and everything worked. No idea if that is an issue here, haven't tested it yet, though I will at some point once I start playing X4 again.
I does seem selective indeed by how he reported, aka the starting screen showing the background but not the fog, which can mean that the engine either does not read the region_definition file or the map file of the starting screen's sector. Fact is I don't use capital letters in my files, I had this issue's report by linux users with stars mod and changed it since then. Checking is welcome thou, maybe some other thing I could miss

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 25. Aug 22, 21:50

yeah, I was aware of big/small letters issue, but I looked into the files and found that everything is named properly without capitals.

but even without linux, on Windows I also cannot leave system, I see accelerators and connections on the map, but flying trough them does nothing. Bizzare. Well, I will try again after some time. The sheer size of mod makes it hard to test, even on fast machine it takes its time to launch ;>

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 26. Aug 22, 09:21

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 25. Aug 22, 21:50
yeah, I was aware of big/small letters issue, but I looked into the files and found that everything is named properly without capitals.

but even without linux, on Windows I also cannot leave system, I see accelerators and connections on the map, but flying trough them does nothing. Bizzare. Well, I will try again after some time. The sheer size of mod makes it hard to test, even on fast machine it takes its time to launch ;>
that's a known limitation, but you can command autopilot to go to the other sector or the hired pilot to explore the entrance, they both work. This thing randomly happens in vanilla too, after long testing I concluded it is related to how "sensible" the superhighways are in terms of range. And my mod uses them to the extremes, even connecting planets that are millions kms far. So in last patch I put them all closer to the center of the sector...which is quite not what this mods aims to, to enlarge sectors. But at least now they always show on the map, after you hit the center of the sector. In the patch I am currently uploading I also increased ship's default radar a lot.

--------------------------------------------------

XRSGE Patch 1.10 available
It adds increased ship's radar and many abandoned ships. They are very far...but your scanner can find them (more will come)

--------------------------------------------------

STARS Optional files for 3.11
Added 3 optional files:

_BRIGHT, increases the brightness of stars and nabulae

_DIMM, reduces brightness even more

_RESHADE version, please use the reshade included. Space is high contrast hdr so I had to remake many materials to work with reshade. Don't use without reshade, it'd be over the top for visuals. Put game's shaders OFF and AA OFF, use game's SSAO
This is what I am using too. I did a simple reshade (still eats some fps) to increase the contrast as it is in space where you have no ambient light. You'll notice that everything pops up with this reshade, planets, stars, objects. But I had to adjust many materials, so use the patch too

Edit:
There are 2 Reshade settings: _bright and _dimm, they do..as their name suggests
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 29. Aug 22, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

TPmerchant
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by TPmerchant » Sun, 28. Aug 22, 16:04

Just a question, is mars supposed to look this way in your mod?

https://i.imgur.com/30LKu4s.jpg

maybe it just rotated to the far side so I didnt get to see the prominent feature of mars that we are all so used to looking at.

Folker
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by Folker » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 00:57

Hello Realspace, I have an idea for your mod, but to be honest, if you accept this idea, it will take a long, long time to realize but I thought it would fit in the context of XR. I won't beat around the bush any longer.

I'm proposing to make highway circuits that connect the different stations or at least loop around the same area, kind of like they did in XR, but balance that with exploration.

The mods that made me conceive this idea are :

Lost Highways, for the highway system
and
NoTravel, which could be modified to give the travel mod only to L and XL size ships, in this case I inspected these files for this mod and it's some files about L and XL engines to delete to make it work.

I think that the whole would give a good way to move by keeping the aspect XR without ruined the wider exploration either we have a ship which does not have mod of voyage and we explore more slowly and the highways help us for the traffic, or we have a ship L or XL which allows to explore wider zones of the universe, but a slower to reach the stations than a ship S or M would do it with the highways

What do you think about it ?

I know is very long and i understand if you think this ide is to long to mod, and i think that the communauty of your mod think the same for the time to mod

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”