[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 18:09

Waiting for the update more than my birthday :D

Almost completed pirate plot and I can say that racing part is completely impossible. You must fly 4000+ kms in 1:30 minutes: 400 kms to SHW, fly throug it to another sector and travel 4000 kms to the finish point. I could complete this mission only by using jumpdrive :P

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 21:48

In which sectors does it happen? I can rewrite the mission to be held in a smaller sector. A 4000km sector must be one of those with resources far away, otherwise the max is 1600 (shw to shw).

Here it is the update. Other than bug fixes I added several sectors to both:
*Silent Witness system
*Sigma Tau System

New regions have been introduced, did you see them? Blizard storms in low orbits and in debris nebulas..

Anyway, here it is:

XRSGE 3.5.2

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 21:49

Yep, I've seen these effects, they're awesome - one lightning just stroke right near my ship while I was flying through Neptune :o Still thinking there's too much fog, asteroids and debris in the mod. Lots of beautiful sectors (for example I'm flying in Sacred relic Alpha now and there's lots of debris and fog, in Sacred relic Beta there're also lots of asteroids ) are full of it, even sectors close to populated planets (New Paranid Prime 1 too... fog, fog everywhere :cry: )

Racing was taking place in Grand Exchange: CEO's retreat and waypoint was leading to CEO's defeat 4000 kms away from SHW. Anyway, I've managed to complete pirate plot, seems it works well without any critical issues. I've even captured Astrid, finally :D Now it's Split turn.

Btw, has anyone seen any Asgards? In vanilla Asgards were patroling Hatikvah's Faith, Asteroid Belt and sometimes Second Contact, but I haven't seen them in the mod. I'm searching in terran sectors and all I've seen were Osakas, Tokyos and Syns :gruebel:
Last edited by ziplock815 on Sun, 12. Feb 23, 19:14, edited 4 times in total.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 11:19

Are there any issues with long range scanning ? sometimes I scan right into a station but it doesn't give me any ?... even though it's right in front of me, it makes exploring kinda hard sometimes

Arsaneus
x4

Post by Arsaneus » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 15:38

Bozz11 wrote:
Sun, 12. Feb 23, 11:19
Are there any issues with long range scanning ? sometimes I scan right into a station but it doesn't give me any ?... even though it's right in front of me, it makes exploring kinda hard sometimes
It does seem to be broken? The "?" does pop up but only for half a second or so on the radar.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 03:30

I don't know guys, it does work here. Scan and a ? appears on the map (and radar). What blinks is only the lootbox while passing close, on the map. Or am I missing something? Will check..
Ziplock YOU HAVE to use some Reshade or similar! :D otherwise the game is too bright with my mod and fog is too intrusive. Believe me it is night and day difference. This mod is made on Reshade.

Btw I've finished Frontier Addon. I've integrated it in XRSGE. There are several systems and sectors for the frontier of galaxy. Inspired by my similar mod for X3FL but with some limits. Will release tomorrow with a script for continuing the previous save (no new start is necessary).

The Frontier ads a nice touch at both the visuals but also the concept of "free space" even more than the already many rough systems as Sigma Tau etc. I also introduced back an old friend from X3 despite not exactly working as there :D
Spoiler
Show
The Xenon Hub is back! :mrgreen:
I've made it totally compatible with the current game, the only thing that needs to be updated is the xenon occupation of some sectors, which works normally at start. I implemented a script I also use for spawning solar stations but it makes worksites instead of full operational stations. So the Addon is ready but I wish to implement this script before releasing, if somebody can help I'd be grateful, here the discussion: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=452012
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 16. Feb 23, 10:43, edited 5 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 10:14

I've tried to install reshade several times, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Stars.ini can be seen in reshade menu, but it doesn't seem to be activated since I didn't see any settings as you showed in your screenshot :cry:
I think it is because reshade doesn't want to update, it shows error message when updating

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 11:10

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 10:14
I've tried to install reshade several times, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Stars.ini can be seen in reshade menu, but it doesn't seem to be activated since I didn't see any settings as you showed in your screenshot :cry:
I think it is because reshade doesn't want to update, it shows error message when updating
Are you selecting Vulkan in the starting install interface? If not using Reshade then go in the gf display options (Nvidia or AMD) and set the contrast very high for the game. If shadows are too strong you can always increase a bit the gamma in the game. Do it and your too much fog will be no more :wink:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 13:48

I'm already hyped about Frontier mod, it's going to be a nice birthday gift :D
Yes, I've selected Vulkan, but error still occured. Wil try to increase gamma in AMD setting as you advised, much thanks

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 14:18

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 13:48
Yes, I've selected Vulkan, but error still occured. Wil try to increase gamma in AMD setting as you advised, much thanks
Make sure you select the x4.exe file and Vulkan. When you install ReShade, make sure you install the suggested shaders (or all, if unsure). Then, copy the reshade preset ini from the mod to your X4 folder and select it in the ReShade in-game options (which you get by pressing POS1).

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 17:13

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 14:18
ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 13:48
Make sure you select the x4.exe file and Vulkan. When you install ReShade, make sure you install the suggested shaders (or all, if unsure). Then, copy the reshade preset ini from the mod to your X4 folder and select it in the ReShade in-game options (which you get by pressing POS1).
I tried, but shaders don't want to install for some reason :gruebel:

Btw, I found another bug with Betty saying: "Danger: entering atmosphere" and my ship exploding afterwards :lol: It's Antigone republic: War Memorial. I don't remember which SHW or accelerator I was flying to, but one moment I'm flying casually in my Astrid and one moment later I'm dead :roll:

Mysh

Post by Mysh » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 12:26

Hi :) Where can I get the 3.01/3.11 version of STARS? Nexus only lets me download 3.4 and I just want an improved vanilla version. :(

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 18:32

Mysh wrote:
Wed, 22. Feb 23, 12:26
Hi :) Where can I get the 3.01/3.11 version of STARS? Nexus only lets me download 3.4 and I just want an improved vanilla version. :(
Just use the new version, I thought I had changed the description...or does it still say to use the old version :gruebel: :D

Guys, I've been silently working on a second expansion. So not only Frontier but also this addon I call Lost Colonies, that introduces the very border of the map in form of lost sectors where internal connections are destroyed and only the external gates remain. This adds to the Solar gates and the hubs of Frontier addon. Now the map has some more interesting connections and frontier systems. The universe ends where systems have been abandoned and gates are shut down.
Everything is ready and works perfectly in a new game but I am still not able to write a script to make the new sector's stations being called from the new god file, as they do when for instance you install a new dlc and want to continue the old save. Looking at the ego's setup files for their dlcs I can't see anything that does it. Can somebody help me on this?

Mysh

Post by Mysh » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 22:08

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 22. Feb 23, 18:32
Just use the new version, I thought I had changed the description...or does it still say to use the old version :gruebel: :D
haha yeah it still says use the old version. :) Thanks!

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 16:24

XRSGE 4.0 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
It includes two expansions:
Frontier addon, that introduces several new systems in the very border of the map + the solar hubs
Lost Colonies addon that adds the very last sectors in the map, internally broken and abandoned. But also adds new (vanilla) factions as f.i. the Buccaneers having their economy.

I had developed these two expansion as additional mods but at the end decided for the easy solution of having a single mod, because they share resources.

I've tried to implement some scripts to make the faction's stations update over an old saves but they did not work. So if you continue an old save the new map will work normally but the factions will not be displaced.
To have the full experience, a new start is required.

For the rest of the map, 4.0 is not different from 3.5 so if you prefer a more compact universe you can skip this update

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 10:17

Checked out 4.0 and I just can say WOW. Amazing work as usual. Much much thanks it's masterpiece. That's what X4 should have looked like from the beginning. Finally I can feel that old enigmatic feeling of the void. :D

I'm playing the old savegame and I have all sectors unpopulated. Don't know if it remains that way or factions will start to build eventually, but I like it to have some space unpopulated or abandoned, or even unexplored (finally some unknown sectors!)

I found some bugs, and now remember which sectors exactly I've found them :mrgreen:
Lost colony 2-23 - planet textures disappear like in Brennan's triumph Kho/Taurus
And low fps ins in Thynn's Abyss 3

Amazing job with new planets. And I also like that most sectors have more than one sun and that a lot of sectors are dark. I also waited for some more nebulae variety, but have seen only one new - green (rather pretty though, hope for more variety in future updates)
Last edited by ziplock815 on Sun, 26. Feb 23, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 10:30

Thank you. And it was almost "easy" to do. Well not Frontier which has several whole systems, but Lost Colonies having no sHWs is sooo much easier to do. Not only the layout but being each sector a system you do not need to duble check the coherence (sun intensity, colors, planet's positions in each sub-sector, etc).

I don't think the systems will populate if continuing an old save because I've set them in the map as having no faction logic, in order to have them not change ownership (in a new game) so it will probably stop any change...well I don't know, I could be wrong. Frontier systems are a different place, races cooperate instead of making the war because Xenon threat is too high there and they are disconnected from homeland. These sectors keep the similar frontier look of those south systems in X3. Well that's the idea, but how the game will actually evolve is unpredictable.

What do you mean with nebula? Probably the fog, right? Bc I intentionally did those south systems having no background nebulae, except those in the core of the galaxy (not spoiling).

I updated some materials for backgrounds so probably will need to upload STARS again but fogs are regulated by XRSGE. Currently I am testing for reaching even less memory usage. Considering that the galaxy has at least 5x nr of sectors, having save files 3x is not bad. I managed to lower it from 1.7 to 1.5gb now. More than this is not possible by changing the regions, it requires removing some regions from the map. Also I want to change the light color in some systems. Light color makes the big difference bc no matter the color of the fog, it is the light that makes the general mood. This is a very powerful but easy way to create more differentiation.

Background nebulae are already very different and multi-coloured but I will also look for some change there, to be added in STARS. All these things don't modify an existing game. In general, I also wish to reduce fogs (which I already did in 4.0) then as last I can release a totaly no-fog patch, which is fast to do after the regions are set (and they are). But remember that reshade or similar makes the very big difference. Fogs and nebulae look tons different, not intrusive at all
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 26. Feb 23, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 11:32

I'm still wondering why egosoft couldn't make some nice new systems while actually not having a lot of SHW's and some planets are still pixelated (not even mentioning very bad quality skyboxes) while you've managed to make a whole new galaxy with nice background stars, lots of beautiful planets, moons etc.

No, no, I'm talking about background nebulae, not fog. Actually, I'm not a fan of large (sector-sized) fog areas. Maybe freelancer/Rebirth approach with only some areas covered with asteroids/debris and fog. That makes it more interesting to explore and discover some secrets.

Talking about nebulae, I liked old version of stars more, because while exploring the galaxy in new version I found that most systems with nebulae look quite the same, just differently coloured (Morning star, Argon prime, Windfall, Hatikvah's etc) . What I remember from the old version is that Black hole sun had beautiful bright orange nebulae, Morning star was dimm blue (or dark, don't remember) and Argon prime bright blue. In new version large areas of space look the same and mostly dimm (older version was brighter). However, Frontier update makes a big difference, lots of sectors look really unique which brings back X3 feeling to the game. Well, mostly I was playing X3 with mods (Rebalance, XTOTT, X-Tended reunion and terran conflict) where almost every system was unique in some way.

BTW, talking about X3 mods, mostly about X-Tended, intrusive nebulae aren't a bad choice at all. Some of them look really nice (you could take a look to some sectors in X-Tended Terran conflict if you haven't played), especially in areas using some NASA shots. Maybe you could use some, but make better quality? :)

Anyway I like your approach with making new systems almost black, it doubles the feeling of emptiness of abandoned systems, and I found you've used some Eve online soundtrack in the expansion - nice choice :)

Mysh

Post by Mysh » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 14:42

I installed and activated STARS now - but where do I put the reshade ini file? There are no instructions on nexusmods for it - or am I a bit blind?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 16:08

STARS.ini (or is called STARS_dimm.ini, don't remember) file has to be put in the game's main folder, where the exe is. Then after opening Reshade's interface can be activated by chosing it in the top scroll-down menu

Ziplock, Frontier sectors have practically no nebula at all :mrgreen: that's what I wrote about light's colour, that makes more difference than backgrounds. Then, having the single sector=ststem makes it easier bc you can change everything, even positions of suns and planets, to make it look different. In the multiplanetary systems I made for XRSGE I had to keep the internal coeherence, sun flare being identical, etc.

There are many little arrangements for "realism", in the systems, as f.i. the sun being lower the more you go far from it. So it is full of dark sectors in base XRSGE too but they are in the far regions, ore belts, last planets etc
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 26. Feb 23, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”