[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysh

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Mysh » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 17:36

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 26. Feb 23, 16:08
Then after opening Reshade's interface can be activated by chosing it in the top scroll-down menu
Thanks. It's dimm.ini - and sorry to bother you again: "top scroll-down menu"? :?

djmidex
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by djmidex » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 07:23

Hi! Thanks for the mod. I really enjoy it. But there is something wrong in my game. On lading my save, some connections between sectors disappeared and my ships cant find the way out the sectors they in. I have never had this issue before with modded or vanilla game. Here is the savegame in case you would like to investigate: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/wfkrKZGA5BLPng
and one more thing: there are a couple of stations in Zyarth`s Dominion V, which spawn too below the zero floor, it creates a lot of confusion, as they are "visible" in other sectors too, and when i try to give some trader orders to my ships in one current sector, i accidently choose these factories.
mods i use:
X4RSGE
Rem
Stars
Better target Monitor
Better Piracy
Encounters
Kuda Ai Tweaks
Sector Satellites
Kuertee Emergent Missions

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 08:08

Experiencing same issue. Accelerator in Farnham's legend (the one maybe leading to border sectors of the system leading to Lost colony :) ) seems to be broken while visually active.
Btw having the issue with one of terran missions, wil write later.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 13:41

Thanks for the feedback guys, I need more precise hints: exact name of the sectors, version of mod you are using, if continuing an old save in new version.

Found and corrected the too low zone in Zyarth's Dominion V sofar

@Mysh, some pages before I posted the complete guide to install reshade, with pictures, scroll back the thread

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 16:02

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 13:41
Thanks for the feedback guys, I need more precise hints: exact name of the sectors, version of mod you are using, if continuing an old save in new version.

Found and corrected the too low zone in Zyarth's Dominion V sofar

@Mysh, some pages before I posted the complete guide to install reshade, with pictures, scroll back the thread
Farnham's Legend Watchful Gaze south-west accelerator visually looks like it works, but really doesn't work. I was trying to find a way to Lost colony 3-25 through Farnham's Legend and it seems that no SHW/Accelerator leads to Farnham's Legend 8 and Lonely giant where jumpgate to Lost colony 3-25 is located. I thought maybe that south-west accelerator in Watchful Gaze leads there, but it doesn't work.

About terran plot: mission "Amongst the Argon" where you need to hack into planet Sandwell archive seems to be broken. I get a message from Delilah to get EMP, bomb launcher and security decryption system (I already have all) and then I get "wait' waypoint and that's all. I think maybe it's something with sector names, because in vanilla the action should take place in Antigone Memorial sector where planet Sandwell is located, while "Planet Sandwell" in the mod is a whole other sector.

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 07:17

After my previous post i started a new game, played some hours, saved. Loaded today and got the same problem: all connections between sectors are broken (at least in Zyarth Dominion sectors, rest of the galaxy is unknown to me). And i get crash when i quit the game with this save loaded. Game files were verified before i started this playthrough. I`m using Beta 4.0 version of the game and the latest version of X4RSGE (ultimate plus) from nexus. Other mods i mentioned before.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 10:49

Watchful Gaze works fine, it's the VIII and IX sectors. There was a little mistype in macros (not closing a macro) and the whole zones were not displayed. Doing things by code editing, is a miracle that it is only this :roll:

Zyarth's fall superhighway had an error, not all connections! :doh: the rest of the system works fine :D thanks, corrected :wink:
Btw..BETA is not supported, only 5.1f3

Ziplock, the mission you talk about is Covert Operation, right?
I think I found the reason. Names are not important, they are assigned by a separated file. Places are called through cluster/sector/zone designation. Since in vanilla Antigone is 1 cluster = 1 sector, they wrote the mission by calling the entire cluster, while they usually call the specific sectors for mission. I will rewrite it to call the specific sector where (old) Sandwell was. It should solve.

Thank you for the nailing of mission's bugs, it is the most difficult aspect because doing all missions takes time :roll:

After bug's corrections, I will re-upload XRSGE 4.0. Old version 3.5 won't be necessary, I will do a patch for "silencing" frontier sectors, for those who don't want them.
Fortunely I wrote them as separated so can exclude them from the galaxy through a simple patch. The rest shares the same identical map, so it is easier to update and bug-fixing having only one mod.
I will also release a NO BIG FOG patch, for those who hate big fogs or have performance loss. For how I wrote regions, it should also be easy to switch big fog on/off using the patch, with any save

p.s. I've also rewritten the generic terraforming missions. Terraforming could have missed some planets, now all are covered but can't know if it works always since I changed the shaders. Did anyone completed the Segaris terraforming? It should have worked fine the way it was.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 20:05

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 1. Mar 23, 10:49

Ziplock, the mission you talk about is Covert Operation, right?
I think I found the reason. Names are not important, they are assigned by a separated file. Places are called through cluster/sector/zone designation. Since in vanilla Antigone is 1 cluster = 1 sector, they wrote the mission by calling the entire cluster, while they usually call the specific sectors for mission. I will rewrite it to call the specific sector where (old) Sandwell was. It should solve.

Thank you for the nailing of mission's bugs, it is the most difficult aspect because doing all missions takes time :roll:

p.s. I've also rewritten the generic terraforming missions. Terraforming could have missed some planets, now all are covered but can't know if it works always since I changed the shaders. Did anyone completed the Segaris terraforming? It should have worked fine the way it was.
Yep, It's part of Covert Operations mission.

Is Segaris terraforming mission the one where you hack into Torus Aeternal? I assume it is.
After completing the plot you get 2 or 3 messages from Dr. Rick Feynman that planet Sutton is being terraformed. I've traveled here to see if it changed, but didn't notice any visual changes. Btw, seems like it still uses vanilla textures because the planet is only half textured, the other half of Sutton is missing :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 18:10

I am taking some time because I am changing the cosmetics :D no worry, 100% save-compatible. But I want to release a final package for STARS containing all the new textures so that you have to download it only once. I am redoing nebulae (STARS) but expecially working on lighting. The latter is done in XRSGE and updates without issue middle-game, so I am focusing on textures first (STARS).

I've introduced new visuals such as the deepspace field (clusters, galaxies, etc) so there are not only stars in the background. All visuals will be more polished and less intrusive, stars too. Working on lighting + regions is accomplishing a lot of atmosphere. Sigma Tau f.i. is a dark system with dimm lighting and a strange look, few stars. So on..
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 4. Mar 23, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 20:58

Wow
That's good news
Waiting for the update. Will you release it soon? :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 00:52

Yes, graphic stuff is done but putting it in the right way takes some time. Also checking that the light intensity and color are right for the nebula in the bg.

I do it during a playthrough because...well I want to play and need the immersion to see all aspects in place. Also, by playing I check other things as the jobs. Since economy starts very strong I noticed a lot of patrols. Imagine that I even reduced them in comparison to vanilla so this is probably what you'd have in an advanced vanilla play when economy has grown and there are resources for building all the ships that are set in the jobs. Here it happens immediately, and performance drops...well it is good that it is already at max so no fps drop is to be expected in advanced game more than at start.

If you see some massive patrol going on please report. I already reduced the Sindacate and the (Frontier 4.0 newly introduced) Buccaneers. They crossed Avarice in force and were literally hundreds of ships :doh: :D

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 13:34

I've seen lots of Buc ships in Avarice too, thought maybe they have a hidden station somewhere.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 13:38

I've updated REM
S thrusters have + 10% acceleration and speed, which translates into better maneuverability while keeping the previous balance
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 15:41

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 13:38
I've updated REM
S thrusters have + 10% acceleration and speed, which translates into better maneuverability while keeping the previous balance
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
...Aaaand X4RSGE..., no?
:mrgreen:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 21:53

Waiting for The Arrival :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 15:30

Here we are. I took some time bc experimented different solutions to introduce deepspace elements that would not look...fake. Calibrating the thing is not easy, expecially because I had decided for a dimm background which is better for gameplay so when adding the starfield the effect has to be coeherent. In reality, deepspace would look as a massive wall of stars and galaxies, but making it into the game would result in a very intrusive effect. This is all calibrated on top of my RESHADE settings that greatly reduce the impact of the backgrounds. If not using RESHADE, the backgrounds can be too strong, so please use any other mean as monitor or gf card settings to increase the contrast and the blacks. Adjusting gamma in game settings can also help. I set it at 110, to gain some vibrance after the high contrast is applied. Values can change according to screen's brightness.

Anyway you'll have two additional layers. One is in STARS alone, i.e. in vanilla game + STARS you already have deepspace galaxies, clusters, etc.
If using XRSGE you have an additional layer different for the different systems, with bigger deepspace elements that suit at best with the new nebulae.
Third, all nebulae have been redone. Cleaner look and more differentiation.

About XRSGE, other than these cosmetics, I made some bug fixing, moved and added some internal connections (old save compatible) and rewrote the jobs aka less ships around. If economy was really great on previous version, performance sinked quite visibly on my pc. I reduced all M and S ships while keeping the L ships higher. They are important for trading in large systems and long routes as are in XRSGE.

So, you have to update STARS first. This is also for users of STARS alone if they want the deepspace elements added, otherwise it is not needed.
XRSGE users have to download and update both STARS and XRSGE

STARS 3.5 and XRSGE 4.1

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

I've added an optional file to remove most of the big fogs in orebelts, etc.
It does not remove: sun coronas, gas giant's low orbit, xenon fogs and Segaris/Gaian

A note about version 6.0 beta7
While STARS should be perfectly fine, XRSGE by no means can be used with version 6.0 betaX. The things the mod changes are too many, expecially missions, so up to when the final 6.0 is released I can't update my mod.
Also, I noticed that other mods that were updated for 6.0 that are particularly suited for XRSGE and REM, aka for instance ENCOUNTERS MOD and DAR-Kuertee's AI scripts, caused me a lot of crashes. I had none before, so reverted to the previous version of those mods.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 23:31

Just WOW!
Big thanks for the update! The galaxy now looks really nice. Nebulae and galaxies/far nebulae in the background look fantastic :)
Ecpecially thank you for no fog option, sectors look a lot nicer with it installed.

Now it's bug hunting time :P - found a bug with missing planet textures in Lost Colony 7-16. I use no fog optional file, will try without it.
Frontier Edge 5 Ore Belt 1 has the description of Getsu Fune. Also Ghinn's Escape has the description of some paranid sector (the description says that the Paranid claimed this system because of "striking and intense" nebulae, but there's no nebulae in this system so I thought that this description is for some other sector)
In Ghinn's Escape 5 local sun shines through the middle of the planet.

P.S. Checked without "no fog". No changes, planet textures in Lost Colony 7-16 still missing.

P.P.S. Galaxies in the background are nice, but I think there's too many :D (in some areas, not in dark systems though)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 12:23

XRSGE 4.11 is AVAILABLE
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
* Bug fixes: mismatched descriptions, Ghinn's Escape 5 local sun shining through the planet, missing texture in Lost Colony 7-16
* LESS FOG VERSION is included, unzip and open the folder, replace ext_02 with that one
* In OPTIONAL FILES there is a patch for STARS to have LESS deepspace elements like galaxie etc.: replace ext_02 in STARS mod folder
This is only for XRSGE users, the others don't have the additional layer of deepspace elements
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 4. Apr 23, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.5) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (4.11)

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 01:01

Installing Less deep space elements patch for STARS makes all look pink :)
Rather glamorous btw :lol:

P.S. I got to say, now I'm having a lot of fun while simply flying and exploring. Didn't neither make any management of my empire, nor fighting etc. Just wandering across the galaxy and admiring picturesque views of space.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”