[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Newinger » Thu, 25. May 23, 07:37

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 03:13
Newinger wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 23:09
This is the final state. This layout won't change.

Remember that I had to adapt to version 6.0 and Boron dlc. The only changes I did in the galaxy were related to this. Otherwise I'd had settled on my latest version for 5.1, still available on the nexus.
Remaking backgrounds is not related to map and plots in any way. I did for those having the triangle glitch. But these changes are not stored in the save. Do not break any save nor require a fresh game. This has to be clear.

The critical issues breaking a save were only related to plots. They resisted any scripting and only solved after having remapped the index of sectors aka the galaxy.xml. This change introduced a modify in the save that could not be avoided, despite the map was IDENTICAL.

Anyway this is not a beta, all plots work now and no errors. I'd say it is finished.

The cut down version I am doing will not be in the nexus. Will provide a private link here, without support. Support is and will be only for the current version.
Thanks for clarification! This is relieving, because I am away for 2 weeks now and hope to continue my current game when I come back.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 25. May 23, 23:03

Found a small issue. Sigma Tau Moo-Kye's Revenge and Olmancketslat's Treaty have sector description of Hewa's Twin: First Flight.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 26. May 23, 17:37

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 23:03
Found a small issue. Sigma Tau Moo-Kye's Revenge and Olmancketslat's Treaty have sector description of Hewa's Twin: First Flight.
ok, thanks...

ehm...who wants to test XRSGE v.7 ? Codename: Lost Colonies :mrgreen:
I've quite extensively reduced the number of sectors while keeping the general layout and atmosphere intact..I think.
Well I went more in the art direction of X3, so a final fusion between FULL XRSGE + Vanilla + X3. Having our Boron friends as additional faction, it was added in the concept
I like the result a lot and the performance increased significantly.
This new version is NOT SUPPORTED. XRSGE 4.4 is still and will be the only one on which I will give support, but if you want to test I'll provide a link.
(since this comes from latest XRSGE that was already error free, it is safe to assume that will work normally, plots etc.)

Edit: playing new version and it is night/day difference in performance. It clearly shows that there was a memory burden for the nr of sectors. Maybe with a powerfull pc you won't notice. Also, the high exitspeed from superhighways resolved. Seems it was also related to memory in my pc.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 27. May 23, 04:04

Strange, I have very high fps in my game, but started to get freezes somtimes. Save/Load doesn't help. Don't know what could cause this, maybe that's because I have rather old HDD or maybe it's something with big amount of sectors? :gruebel:
btw just now I've got a vulkan fatal error, very strange...I didn't even use long range scan :gruebel:

P.S. Will try to install latest drivers - maybe that will help

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 27. May 23, 08:32

Yes the hdd is crucial for dara transfer. A solid state is mandatory. And updated drivers too. Anyway the game has a limit factor for sure. I checked my ram usage and it did not increase a lot from vanilla.

I have never had ctd or vulkan errors, those are driver related. But slowdown yes. No more on this new version. No stuttering. So I think that gpu and quantity of ram don't change much. It is all in the cpu. And a limit of the engine, but only somebody with a powerful cpu can test it.

It seems another game now. 50% more fps but that is not the catch, but fact that it goes without stuttering so they seem much more. Even when fps drop at 25 as in Sanct of Darkness, the game goes smoothly.

I did not touch the jobs in this new version, so ships around should be the same. Just sector number

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 27. May 23, 21:53

I can't get the game to work with this mod. Several of my fighters fly with the sector explorer script(mod). At first everything works fine, but at some point a fighter in one of the sectors finds an accelerator, then I save and exit the game. When I load in again, the accelerator either disappears completely in this system, or moves to some other place. If the accelerator disappears from the system at all, the game crashes because ships can't find exit from there.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 28. May 23, 11:42

This is some script doing changes, not my mod. The only script I add is the opening of two gates when ke gate opens too. That's it.
You have to write which sector it is. If I can replicate. Otherwise this is useless. Last report of yours, there was one missing accelerator indeed, but not the two gates you reported as missing. You definetly have some other mod interfering

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 28. May 23, 16:59

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 11:42
This is some script doing changes, not my mod. The only script I add is the opening of two gates when ke gate opens too. That's it.
You have to write which sector it is. If I can replicate. Otherwise this is useless. Last report of yours, there was one missing accelerator indeed, but not the two gates you reported as missing. You definetly have some other mod interfering
https://i.imgur.com/KHn7HyL.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/MCOg976.jpeg
List of mods. Ship packs and QOL mostly.

https://i.imgur.com/o1hIgMH.jpeg
Right now it's Emperor's Pride: Litany of Fury Alpha. Sector was scaned and then lost all connections. You cannot get in there right now. Most noticeable thing that happened is that this sector shrinked after it was scanned, like in the situation when you fly too far away, then return and then game cuts visible area to only usable part.

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sun, 28. May 23, 18:45

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 16:59
Right now it's Emperor's Pride: Litany of Fury Alpha. Sector was scaned and then lost all connections. You cannot get in there right now. Most noticeable thing that happened is that this sector shrinked after it was scanned, like in the situation when you fly too far away, then return and then game cuts visible area to only usable part.
Starting a fresh game with only the DLCs, X4RSGE, REM and STARS. Than add your Mods one by one. I'm sure this will reveal the bugger fast.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 28. May 23, 23:47

Warp Anomaly in Loomanckstrat's Legacy doesn't work. That's first time when I encounter not working anomaly :gruebel:

Rolk's Demise Alpha - very low fps. I suspect it's because of massive fog cloud.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 29. May 23, 09:40

ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 23:47
Yes it is the fog. Open the file region_definition.xml with any text editor, look for the <region name="c607s1_region1" ...etc up to its end </region>

Select all from region start to region end and delete, then replace with this code:

Code: Select all

<region name="c607s1_region1" density="0.25" rotation="0" noisescale="15000" seed="8888" minnoisevalue="0.15" maxnoisevalue="1">
    <boundaries>
      <boundary class="splinetube">
        <size r="800000" />
        <splineposition x="198856.0" y="0.0" z="131316.0" tx="-0.727274" ty="0.0" tz="-0.686348" inlength="0.0" outlength="82842.9" />
        <splineposition x="18107.4" y="-22625.0" z="-39261.4" tx="-0.729956" ty="-4.86379e-005" tz="-0.683494" inlength="82842.9" outlength="86103.3" />
        <splineposition x="-224322.0" y="0.0" z="-128437.0" tx="-0.938519" ty="0.0" tz="-0.345226" inlength="86103.3" outlength="0.0" />
      </boundary>
    </boundaries>
    <falloff>
      <lateral>
        <step position="0.0" value="1.0" />
        <step position="0.3" value="1.0" />
        <step position="0.5" value="1.0" />
        <step position="0.7" value="1.0" />
        <step position="1.0" value="1.0" />
      </lateral>
      <radial>
        <step position="0.0" value="1.0" />
        <step position="0.99" value="1.0" />
        <step position="1.0" value="0.0" />
      </radial>
    </falloff>
    <fields>
      <nebula ref="fogpattern_v2_macro" localred="16" localgreen="19" localblue="22" localdensity="0.0" uniformred="188" uniformgreen="55" uniformblue="23" uniformdensity="0.0" backgroundfog="false" resources="methane" fogdistance="15000" />

<volumetricfog multiplier="1.0" medium="fog_bd" texture="assets/textures/environments/fog_smoothclouds_03" lodrule="nebulafar" size="50000" sizevariation="0.5" densityfactor="0.00125" rotation="360" rotationvariation="0.0" noisescale="10000" seed="32" minnoisevalue="0.0" maxnoisevalue="1.0" distancefactor="0.150"/>

</fields>
    <resources>
      <resource ware="hydrogen" yield="medium" />
      <resource ware="helium" yield="medium"/>
      <resource ware="methane" yield="medium" />
	</resources>
  </region>
Btw I've just finished reworking that horrible planet in Rolk's demise. I had already a bit changed the vanilla model but was still ugly. Will be in next STARS update

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 29. May 23, 12:30

Thanks, that helped a lot.
Btw, which ugly planet are you talking about? The brown dwarf? I wouldn't say it's ugly, it's definitely better than vanilla model of that sun near the neutron star in Zyart's Dominion (and of course vanilla planets in boron sectors) :)

P.S. Exploring Lost colonies sector now - absolutely love planets here, very nice looking!

P.P.S. Found a small bug - in Lost Colony 3-25 there's accelerator instead of jumpgate, connecting to jumpgate in Lost Colony 3-21

Also split plot doesn't activate - when I find jumpgate to split systems nothing happens, no cutscene and mission stucks at "Find reconnected jumpgate" :(
I thought you've fixed that one. Could it be because I've discovered Ghinn's Escape (split sectors) remotely?

btw, any news about NoFog patch? Or maybe you could tell how to delete fog from north split/paranid/xenon sectors (like you'd told earlier about Rolk's Demise sector, it was simple anough)? There's nothing but lots of fog, it obscures almost everything in the background.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 31. May 23, 12:30

You can look for any region that has the "_cluster" or "_sector" in the name, or also "_scenery". Those are all regions that serve only as scenery. Since I use standard ones, not one for each sector, they are easy to delete and have a big effect on the game. Like redfog_cluster that is mostly used in Split sectors. In general, they are quite self-explicatory, 1) because they have no resources, 2) because their roids are custom ones I did that contain the _nores_ in the name, 3) because they have the shape of sphere and are huge.

If you want to do something radical, simply remove anything that start with <volumetricfog up to its end </volumetricfog> or />. That will remove any cosmetic fog (not to confound with nebula, which must not be remove, it contains the gases to mine.

In this latest version I am playing (will release only in the future) I've reduced the intensity of fog, for instance in Windfall, while improving the background nebulae to compensate. The effect is quite pleasant and fps-friendly.

If already visited a split sector, also by jumping, the cutscene won't trigger. The plot should trigger anyway, but if I remember correctly they are not related. The slave ships opens no story :gruebel:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 31. May 23, 13:03

Thanks for the answer. I will try, but of course waiting for new version with new nebulae :)
About the split plot - after the cutscene with slave ship Dal Busta should immidiately contact you saying "You've discovered split sectors! Good boy" or something like that and mission should change to "return to Dal Busta" or smth. Doesn't happen this time.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:22

Ok will look for split plots...now that boron and pirate stories worked perfectly :rant:

Btw...i've just learnt that building the highways (not super-) is a piece of cake. Nothing complicated as sHWs...this opens very interesting scenarios. The first is I can add highways from gate to gate or from sHW entrance to another. So no need of REM except for those who like it. Second we can have huge sectors but with zones as in Rebirth. So imagine zone 1 close orbit full of resources going to zone 2 higher orbit no resources but stations.

I've already tested the max size of sectors if you remember the discussion one year ago.. :D well 80.000 is the limit, beyond which the float point calculation goes crazy. But 30.000-50.000 is doable

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:32

I totally like the idea of highways with X-Rebirth style zones. It will seriously boost the immersion and bring some X-Rebirth atmosphere. Like the idea very much.
However, maybe it's good idea to make them easy to delete in order that lots of players don't like them.

That's the way I remember it was in X-Rebirth. Highways and stations close to them and far away zones/sectors with no highways, but lots of resources. For example, beautiful sector Radiant Heaven in Omicron Lyrae in low orbit above the planet.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 31. May 23, 15:13

Deleting highways is as easy as a two clicks procedure. Problem is not that but that my use of highways would be very different from vanilla. I'd use them to cover very very long distances that would be tedious to do with travel mode. Well if you mod the travel mod to reach the same speed is doable. So yes, both approaches are possible. Having highways allows to nerf all speeds and even delete travel speed from the game.

This is a first example, it really took few minutes to add to the game, for as easy they are in comparison with superhighways..

What you see is two superhighway's entrances in Grand Exchange Beta, that are 1600km far from each other. As you see, the bi-directional local highway in the center goes perfectly from one gate to eh other. First problem is that when you exit at very high speed, around 18.000m/s then entering the superhighway's gate does not activate the superhighway, you are too fast. Well, I can make them shorter, in order for the ship to slow down before entering the superhighway's gate
Last edited by Realspace on Wed, 31. May 23, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 31. May 23, 15:38

Well, I think deleting travel drives isn't necessary, because we will have non-highway resource-rich sectors of thousand kms (shall we?) or maybe we could have travel drives only in capital ships like in X-Rebirth. Anyway, I think this should be optional.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 31. May 23, 15:40

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 31. May 23, 15:13

This is a first example, it really took few minutes to add to the game, for as easy they are in comparison with superhighways..
Looks nice

Maybe leave some space between shw and highway so that ship could decelerate and then enter shw?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 31. May 23, 15:43

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 31. May 23, 15:38
Well, I think deleting travel drives isn't necessary, because we will have non-highway resource-rich sectors of thousand kms (shall we?) or maybe we could have travel drives only in capital ships like in X-Rebirth. Anyway, I think this should be optional.
Yes but this would be a very hardcore solution. Keeping in mind that the resouce's limit is always an area of 3000km linear around the very center, I can easily move the gates at 30.000 km from the center. But that would make the travel very very long even with travel mode. Gates can of course be closer together, as they are now, but alltogether far from the center 20.000-30.000. Yes it'd make sense that, say, highly civilized sectors have the highways covering this distance while abandoned sectors (as lost colonies) have not. Btw I must still verify how long a local highway can be, tested max 4000km sofar.

If I had the wish and time (a big IF) to redo all planets as they are in Boron dlc (i.e. 1/10 of the size), engaging a 40.000km travel would already make the scenery change a lot and approaching a planet very immersive..question is what to put in the empty space? Encounters happen now, if you have an highway I don't think so.

What I wan to do is differentiate. Already changed significantly the logic of solar sectors in this new version. Not all races managed to build an accelerator going very close to the sun, only
Spoiler
Show
Paranid and Teladi managed to do it in one system each
, but the Xenon let a lot of solar gates spread in the lost sectors. Those are accesible through gates, but these gates are far from resources. So if you want to go to the very high resources, you have to risk the journey (Xenon and Khaak). Or you have to accept the less resources in planets close to the sun. Similarly for asteroid belts. Systems no more have all a roid belt as in version 4.4. etc

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”