[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.6 - 04/2022)

Post by Realspace » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 17:01

It is the opening menu, nothing in the game, just the scene where you have the menu continue/load/save/settings etc.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 19:09

Found texture bugs in some sectors (latest version of the mod). Please take a look. Posted on nexus.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 08:20

Holy cow those 3 were ok last time...I must have removed some texture in order to make the mod lighter. Use the previous version for now..I'll check it next week

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 16:37

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 15. Apr 22, 08:20
Holy cow those 3 were ok last time...I must have removed some texture in order to make the mod lighter. Use the previous version for now..I'll check it next week
Could you please rework the Milky Way in Sol sectors and Earth if you have time? This mod is a masterpiece already, but...how it's said: "there is no limit to perfection"
:D

P.S. One more thing. In some (especially dark) sectors thin blue lines can be seen (I assume these lines make large cubic structure of skybox). They are not visible most of time, but when you actually see these lines you start to see this big cube instead of space and stars :)
Remember same problem in vanilla (Cardinal's Redress for example), where you could see repeating star patterns forming a large cube in the skybox.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 12:10

PATCH 2.6.1 AVAILABLE

Just a fix for the errors in v. 2.6
Unzip and put in your mod's folder

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/edit/507
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 21. Apr 22, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 12:22

Thank you for your work ! amazing mod

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:59

Thanks for your work , but your latest link give me that message : Error
You do not have the required permissions to perform this action.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 21:47

Taylor2008 wrote:
Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:59
Thanks for your work , but your latest link give me that message : Error
You do not have the required permissions to perform this action.
Hey Taylor. Try this: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 15:26

Thank you !!

Ronux
x4

Post by Ronux » Mon, 2. May 22, 19:22

Quick question. Ever since updating to V2.6 both Antigone Memorial and True Sight have been green circles where maybe a planet would be. I have re-downloaded, re-installed both 2.6 and the hotfix several times. Is there something I'm missing? Never noticed this till the Avarice DLC came out.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 3. May 22, 01:20

My bad. I am so involved in the galaxy remake that I had no time to check for bugs here. It must be some missing mesh bc I backported all the clusters from my new mod and rearranged planets. I probably don't see these bugs bc meshes are correct in my other mod...I'll look to it.

Btw next version comes with a premium for modders: I've included all my new skyboxes in this mod too. This means one can have space to play with sector's distances. Weird visible end of sector is no more. Stars remain far away even at million km far from center. I had to do this enlarging of every mesh of every sector for the galaxy remake, where I set sectors very far away. But this feature is also in next Stars mod that can be used with any galaxy mod there is (while my galaxy remake mod will be compatible with none)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 3. May 22, 09:57

VERSION 2.7 AVAILABLE

This is a major upgrade, more will come but since I work now on my galaxy remake any addition is only backported, when possible.

Bug fixes, new gas giants, new milky way, new reworked backdrop's meshes.

In vanilla game, backdrops are so small that one can see the end of them for instance in Moon sector. This bug has always made me insane :D
It was paramount to me to solve it for my galaxy remake where I set a lot of sectors far away in the same local system, still it is important for base game too.
Indeed you'll notice that skyboxes and nebulae don't stretch anymore (they do a lot in some vanilla multi-sectors as f.i. the Moon)
Not all skyboxes are backported, but those of multi-sectors (where the issue is visible) are.

Please report any missing texture, as always I still have no time to check, the galaxy remake takes me all the time. Thanks!

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 3. May 22, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.

Ronux
x4

Post by Ronux » Tue, 3. May 22, 16:23

Thank you so much for the update. I can confirm that 2.7 fixed True Sight and Antigone Memorial. Everything looks amazing, appreciate your continued work on this.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 4. May 22, 23:13

If you see this issue in sectors Morning Star, it is NOT due to my mod.

As you can see in this picture taken with my mods all off, the blue border of the skybox is a vanilla bug

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 5. May 22, 18:07

thank you Realspace I really love your mod ! great work can't praise you enough !
can't wait to see your other project I'm very excited !

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V3.0 - 07/2022)

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:43

VERSION 3.0 AVAILABLE
Major Update. This version is the base material package for the Galaxy Remake (X4RSGE):

Many new materials are displayed only when the new mod is also active

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 5. Jul 22, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:45

UPDATE!

The XRSGE map is ready!!! :-D ....(the mod is still not... :doh: )

Please start by updating to the STARS 3.0 mod otherwise this one will not work: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

STARS MOD is mandatory! without it the XRSGE mod will display empty meshes everywhere, please download and activate both

What I am still doing?
1) Checking all the region_definitions I modified, one by one. My aim is not only enlarge them to work in the new map (vanilla sectors are somehow untouched but distances are enlarged there too) but also improve performace and change the volumetric fogs to be softer, real regional fog and not intrusive spots
2) Working on the god.xml to recreate a starting setting that is coherent with the map but also for anomalies and hidden bases that follow the new star geometry
3) Adding or changing the gates further to create more complex connections to increase strategy
4) Still working on names and descriptions

TESTERS URGENTLY NEEDED
For now I recomend the mod only to modders who want to be involved in the project and players who want to help testing the mod

What needs to be tested first:
1) SUPERHIGHWAYS. I've created 200+ superhws, there can be errors and not working ones. I already noticed that sometimes if the sector is still not displayed in the map the superhighway appears inactive but it works normally if the ending sector is known. Any guess why?
2) Checking names and descriptions, names as first. First understand how the names are set, then see if some are missing or incoherent (like a gamma sector for low orbit instead of alpha sector, etc.)

The mod is uploading, you'll find it in the same page under the files tab:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

Expect upto 15 min for a new game to start. The map is 4x bigger. Please don't use other mods that already change the map or the radar's/scanner's defaults, etc. They are already modified in the mod.
For testing aims it'd be better to use only this mod + STARS
Of course a new start is mandatory

At the moment the mod is incompatible with any other galaxy mod, small or big. There are still some files that replace everything (universe.xml and region_definition). In the future I will increase compatibility with other mods.
------------------------------------------------
There is still more to do, but in the meantime I want to thank all the modders who helped me to nail any small or big issue I faced when started this project months ago, and any player too for the tips...thanks guys!

DeadAirRT
tomchk
Shuulo
Dr Reed
John Colman

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 20:31

XRSGE 0.2 is ready for download
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... it/?id=507
It contains the updated version of god.xml so now all starting sectors are assigned accordingly to the solar system

The base mod is now completed, it has to be tested for errors. Please report any issue, thanks

m4ndr01d
x4

Post by m4ndr01d » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 21:51

Greetings Realspace:

FYI; The NEXUS mod page link for X4RSGE v2.0 above is not working. I downloaded the new version from your Page 1 NEXUS website link tho, so I'm good.
Will get some time in touring your creation later tonight after work. Looking forward to it!

o7,

m4ndr01d
Let no m4n be left behind.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 22:07

m4ndr01d wrote:
Wed, 6. Jul 22, 21:51
Greetings Realspace:

FYI; The NEXUS mod page link for X4RSGE v2.0 above is not working. I downloaded the new version from your Page 1 NEXUS website link tho, so I'm good.
Will get some time in touring your creation later tonight after work. Looking forward to it!

o7,

m4ndr01d
Great!
Be sure you downloaded version 0.2, it has the god.xml file for starting the game with all sectors assigned to the "owner" of each solar system
I had some issue with connection so in the meantime I updated to 0.2
Everything looks in order now in the nexus

For the next updates I'll use the patch so files will be much smaller ;-)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”