[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fitovec

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Fitovec » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 17:08

add the Zone 2-1 trunk to the preliminary update. very necessary)

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Newinger » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 09:44

Ah, a little more general feedback and "thank you", after I played a bit the 6.0 beta with vanilla / DLC galaxy.

While I of course also love the default game, this showed me also that your X4RSGE mod is really something unique. The vast expanse of your galaxy, the slower pace of gameplay, the unique design and look of your sectors ... all in all X4RSGE must be one of my most favorite mods in any game (basically only Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind comes next to it).

So thanks a lot for creating it.

(And I still think that your Nexus page deserves some love - with a simple consicse mod description, so people are not confused and more will try your creation.)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:39

Thank you man, I appreciate. Yes my nexus page needs to be much less verbose and more concise. Will take the time to update it. It still reflects the long and a bit convoluted evolution of this mod :D . But now that things are settled, it is no more needed.

Did you try beta with XRSGE? I am eager to see the new lighting and physics but fear to break my mods during this last update.

Btw, and it is about REM, did they change S and M engines? I got to the idea that these have to be standardized as are L and XL aka having only 2 engines, standard and travel, travel being identical but travel speed higher (and price).

Since npc ships use all mk, the idea would be make mk identical but remove mk1 and 2 from market (for the player).

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:59

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:39
Did you try beta with XRSGE?
No, I have a separate non-steam-exe installation for 5.1 with X4RSGE and continue to use it for "real" playing.

Will start to use X4RSGE in v6 once you have updated it for DLC 4 ;) (So probably much much later this year.)

kringol
x4

Post by kringol » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 21:55

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:39
Thank you man, I appreciate. Yes my nexus page needs to be much less verbose and more concise. Will take the time to update it. It still reflects the long and a bit convoluted evolution of this mod :D . But now that things are settled, it is no more needed.

Did you try beta with XRSGE? I am eager to see the new lighting and physics but fear to break my mods during this last update.

Btw, and it is about REM, did they change S and M engines? I got to the idea that these have to be standardized as are L and XL aka having only 2 engines, standard and travel, travel being identical but travel speed higher (and price).

Since npc ships use all mk, the idea would be make mk identical but remove mk1 and 2 from market (for the player).
I have been xrsge and stars work just fine... the only problem I have is old save the ships not all but most need shields turrets and engine xmls updated or do not appear

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 23:34

Hello,

Thank you for your mod. I have stars and x4rsge. I like design of new sectors, but it takes sooooooooooo long to cross a system. Yesterday I spawned at TER mercury and it took me 1 hour to go to mars. I don't think I will cross galaxy in lifetime.

Is it any other mods has to go together with this mods or I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 08:26

st3k wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 23:34
but it takes sooooooooooo long to cross a system. Yesterday I spawned at TER mercury and it took me 1 hour to go to mars. I don't think I will cross galaxy in lifetime.

Is it any other mods has to go together with this mods or I'm doing something wrong.
Make sure you either use REM for faster engines (this is made specifically by Realspace for his X4RSGE mod), OR the combination VRO + VRO Double Speed Mod (the latter was also made for using VRO in X4RSGE).

It will still take longer than vanilla - that's the intention of the mod.

Tyler87

Post by Tyler87 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 09:50

Hi, i would love to use these mods but i have no clue what i am doing wrong to install them. i use vortex MM and i launch a new game and i find myself in the normal world of x4. can anyone please help me use this mod. i am on most up to date version not beta and i have all 3 DLC. THANKS

Tyler87

Post by Tyler87 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 10:49

Tyler87 wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 09:50
Hi, i would love to use these mods but i have no clue what i am doing wrong to install them. i use vortex MM and i launch a new game and i find myself in the normal world of x4. can anyone please help me use this mod. i am on most up to date version not beta and i have all 3 DLC. THANKS
got it to install now but every sector is so dark i cant see anything is mod broken?

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:14

Tyler87 wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 10:49
Tyler87 wrote:
got it to install now but every sector is so dark i cant see anything is mod broken?
The mod works fine, probably an install problem. Please don't use Vortex. Download STARS and X4RSGE (and REM) manually and extract it to your extensions folder.

Tyler87

Post by Tyler87 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:19

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:14
Tyler87 wrote:
Tyler87 wrote:
The mod works fine, probably an install problem. Please don't use Vortex. Download STARS and X4RSGE (and REM) manually and extract it to your extensions folder.
I Have tried both vortex and manual install no matter wht way the entire game is so dark and messes up all the lighting and i dont see anything like i see here in the pictures. the main menu also has nothing in the background just black space

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:51

Tyler87 wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:19
Newinger wrote:
Tyler87 wrote:

I Have tried both vortex and manual install no matter wht way the entire game is so dark and messes up all the lighting and i dont see anything like i see here in the pictures. the main menu also has nothing in the background just black space
Have you extracted the mods in your extensions folder which is in the X4 root directory?

If yes, it should work. Then we need to wait for the mod author to reply.

You can also start X4 with the parameter -logfile debug.txt Then it will create a debug.txt in your Documents folder with a log file. If there are any loading errors or problems, it may show there.

Tyler87

Post by Tyler87 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 13:08

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:51
Tyler87 wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 12:19
Newinger wrote:

Have you extracted the mods in your extensions folder which is in the X4 root directory?

If yes, it should work. Then we need to wait for the mod author to reply.

You can also start X4 with the parameter -logfile debug.txt Then it will create a debug.txt in your Documents folder with a log file. If there are any loading errors or problems, it may show there.
Yes the folders with .dat and ext 01 etc. it is installed as i see the mod background logo amd its the only mods on a fresh x4 install. is there anywhere i can see a video of the mod in action as i cant seem to find any on youtube?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:54

Have you installed the mod STARS? It is required, all graphic stuff is there. XRSGE has dependacy from STARS, it should advise you when activated

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 00:32

10 hours flying - no problems for now. Had to revert to 5.1 though, because in 6.0 beta I have issue with Hatikvah plot when you need to plant spacesuit bombs to Sca station. Waypoint shows some random point near Sca trading station where bombs couldn't be planted. Economy works fine in my game and it's rather intensive (using Jumpdrive mod) as well as war effort - xenon, khaak and pirate raids happen quite often.

Started terraforming plot - it works fine, although it's now quite a challenge evading terran radars while flying to Torus because sensor range had been increased a lot.
I have a small big request :D - could you please remake Milky Way background textures or bring back the old one in next updates? The old one was wery immersive and realistic in my opinion.
Same request about LooManckStrat's Legacy - it'd be nice if you made it dark and scary like in X3 (sector description said it was located in some kind of Garenisc void where stars couldn't be born)
Also it could be nice to see more nebulae variety, maybe some bright NASA shots, maybe distant or close galaxies in the background (Like in Legend's home in X3), pulsars (Lost sectors mod for Rebirth), 4 suns (X3 Akeela's beacon) - it'd increase feeling of vastness of the Universe.

Okay, maybe it's big big request :mrgreen:

P.S. Found some bugs
All seem to be presented in terran/pioneer sectors
Accelerator in the Moon to Venus doesn't work
Planet in Gaian Prophecy Sutton is cropped. You can see only half of it when flying through superhighway to Gaian Prophecy Beta
When traveling via SHW from Brennan's Triumph Blue Horizon to Gunne's Crusade you can see stars moving (it looks like some spherical transparent bubble with small yellow spheres on it, which suppose to be background bigger yellow stars i think)
In Brennan's triumph planet Kho moon textures disappear when turning ship or camera and leaving it on the side of the screen (bigger stars move here too. Well, i found that issue with moving stars can be seen in all Brennan's triumph sectors)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 11:08

I found that too yesterday, it's the leftover of old vanilla meshes for some stars. It looks like you engage the warp drive :D that is how small vanilla backgrounds were, I had to enlarge every single mesh :wink:

Yes it is the whole cluster, using it. Did not see the venus accel.s issue, thanks! I've completed version 3.5 which is a major update including a lot of expansions in systems. Compatible with old saves but moves some gates so I will make an update for those who don't want the..update :mrgreen:

The gaian planet is indeed modelled that way, in vanilla. As I wrote, all orbital planets are modelled that way and I had to redo all to make them look ok also from the distance. That one,I could not change, it shows artefacts after changes so maybe I will try another solution like using accelerators instead

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:02

Well, that planet Suttion in Gaian Prophecy seems important to the plot, because after completing terraforming (pioneer) plot (rember that nasty puzzle in Torus Aeternal?) the planet is terraformed after some time and changes a bit- night cities lights appear etc., so maybe it's really good idea to leave this planet untouched and make an accelerator instead of SHW
Btw, it'd be great to have player terraforming missions working too, but I think it's hard to code this stuff because all terraforming capable planets are redone from the scratch.

"Warp drive" effect looks cool in some way....well, it WOULD look cool if it weren't connected with low quality vanilla skybox :lol:

P.S. Love new Memory of Profit system. Especially when traveling from Teladi Gain to Profit Center Alpha, when you fly straight above gas giant to that Earth-like moon. Amazing work!
Can't say a lot of fog in Profit Center Alpha was good idea, but at least it doesn't obscure beautiful view to the planet :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 08:44

ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:02
Well, that planet Suttion in Gaian Prophecy seems important to the plot, because after completing terraforming (pioneer) plot (rember that nasty puzzle in Torus Aeternal?) the planet is terraformed after some time and changes a bit- night cities lights appear etc., so maybe it's really good idea to leave this planet untouched and make an accelerator instead of SHW
Btw, it'd be great to have player terraforming missions working too, but I think it's hard to code this stuff because all terraforming capable planets are redone from the scratch.

"Warp drive" effect looks cool in some way....well, it WOULD look cool if it weren't connected with low quality vanilla skybox :lol:

P.S. Love new Memory of Profit system. Especially when traveling from Teladi Gain to Profit Center Alpha, when you fly straight above gas giant to that Earth-like moon. Amazing work!
Can't say a lot of fog in Profit Center Alpha was good idea, but at least it doesn't obscure beautiful view to the planet :)
Orbital planet and low orbit gas giants have a kind of atmospheric fog (white) but it should be visible only if you fly down to the surface. Not to be confounded with regular fog. I made it for immersion's sake, before the sudden die message arrives :D the sky becomes white as if you are entering atmosphere. But if it shows at default height than please advise me, I will move it further down. Despite a make a setting for each sector, to replicate the scene, sometimes in-game regions appear differently.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:40

I've completed both new XRSGE and new REM.

XRSGE 3.5 is under testing, the galaxy is larger, the economy fast, it starts with battles after few minutes...also I've rebalanced all the distances, sector by sector, so now the average total diameter (not radius) is 1600km (accel or superhw), 3000km (gates), max 5000km for far resources, but they are closer. This is just the top of the iceberg, I've redone a lot of things also visually.

Anyway now REM works perfectly, not too much speed, just enough. Crossing a large sector takes about 2-3 minutes, without seta at maximum travel. Ships are slower but always 5x vanilla.
I rebalanced all accelerations etc and after a long work I've managed to overhaul entirely the engines (only for S ships for now). There are no more travel, combat etc.

You'll have 3 options: Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. ...aka: Basic, Standard, Enhanced.

All other engines are no more available to the player but are standardized into one single engine called S Universal Engine that you can not buy, but can take from a captured ship of course. This engine is nothing special, a bit less than the Standard mk2 you can buy. These engines are particularly optimized for NPC ships as they help the AI to maneuver with ease. Not particularly fast nor have significant boost (AI don't seem to use it anyway), but have very strong deceleration engines. This makes them less erratic and, you'll see, the battles are perfectly fine also against big ships.

Basic engine is a cheap one, to be used for ships in carriers for instance, less travel and less boost. Or for short range traders.

Enhanced engine is specially suited to the player. It has a strong booster, not as previous version, still usable as afterburners. The player can use it at best, cutting engines and using afterburners. The AI can not. So in general one can chose 3 engines: Basic Mk1 as told for short range, Standard Mk2 for ships not directly used by the player, that the AI can use better than mk3. And Mk3 Enhanced, for the player or the most skilled pilots of the fleet.

The Standard engine should also help those who don't want too hardcore Newtonian physics. While the ship has still quite a bit of inertia, frontal push ("brake") is stronger and can stop the ship very fast.

If you prefer the classic way, there are the two other files available and updated to 2.2.8.

REM 2.5 available
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 2. Feb 23, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:53

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:40
I've completed both new XRSGE and new REM.

XRSGE 3.5 is under testing, the galaxy is larger, the economy fast, it starts with battles after few minutes...also I've rebalanced all the distances, sector by sector, so now the average total diameter (not radius) is 1600km (accel or superhw), 3000km (gates), max 5000km for far resources, but they are closer. This is just the top of the iceberg, I've redone a lot of things also visually.

Anyway now REM works perfectly, not too much speed, just enough. Crossing a large sector takes about 2-3 minutes, without seta at maximum travel. Ships are slower but always 5x vanilla.
I rebalanced all accelerations etc and after a long work I've managed to overhaul entirely the engines (only for S ships for now). There are no more travel, combat etc.

You'll have 3 options: Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. ...aka: Basic, Standard, Enhanced.

All other engines are no more available to the player but are standardized into one single engine called S Universal Engine that you can not buy, but can take from a captured ship of course. This engine is nothing special, a bit less than the Standard mk2 you can buy. These engines are particularly optimized for NPC ships as they help the AI to manouver with ease. Not particularly fast nor have significant boost (AI don't seem to use it anyway), but have very strong deceleration engines. This makes them less herratic and, you'll see, the battles are perfectly fine also against big ships.

Basic engine is a cheap one, to be used for ships in carriers for instance, less travel and less boost. Or for short range traders.

Enhanced engine is specially suited to the player. It has a strong booster, not as previous version, still usable as afterburners. The player can use it at best, cutting engines and using afterburners. The AI can not. So in general one can chose 3 engines: Basic Mk1 as told for short range, Standard Mk2 for ships not directly used by the player, the AI can use them better. Mk3 Enhanced for the player or the most skilled pilots of the fleet.

The Standard engine should also help those who don't want too hardcore Newtonian physics. While the ship has still quite a bit of inertia, frontal push ("brake") is stronger and can stop the ship very fast.

If you prefer the classic way, there are the two other files available and updated to 2.2.8.

REM 2.5 available
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
Literally was about to download REM when you were pushing the upload, but I have a question. 2.5 says it only contains S engines? Is that correct? If I install this, I won't be able to fly anything but S sized ships? The description isn't very descriptive.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”