[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fitovec

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Fitovec » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 18:39

Dear developer, I saw the following situation. Argon station (number 2 and arrow in the screenshot) is very far from the system in which it is registered (number 1 and arrow). judging by the scale of about 40-50 thousand km . my merchant flies to this station, trades and does not come back. ( half an hour of real time at the same position in my opinion is extremely wrong. perhaps it is worth limiting the radius of the building from the center of the secor? it is not pleasant to lose transport. Image

PS I'm sorry, the image is not attached. But I think the description will be clear.

Fitovec

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Fitovec » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 05:11

Upg. when trying to fly up to this station, the inscription Game over was displayed at a distance of 15,000 km. that's all. This is definitely a Bug. Dear developer, limit the generation and construction of stations within 5-6 t. km. otherwise, merchant ships will get stuck.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 08:19

Fitovec wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 05:11
Upg. when trying to fly up to this station, the inscription Game over was displayed at a distance of 15,000 km. that's all. This is definitely a Bug. Dear developer, limit the generation and construction of stations within 5-6 t. km. otherwise, merchant ships will get stuck.
Welcome to the forum :)

I never experienced this kind of bug with the X4RSGE mod. Please try to attach your photo again, so the developer can help. Upload it to an external image hoster and then link it in your post.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 11:08

The mod does not allow stations at that distance, even if there are some resources very far. The limit is around 8.000km while a couple of sectors have connections very far, 12.000km. But average is more 3.000-5.000km for sectors with resources and 2.000 for the others.
If a station is generated so far as 40.000km it is not intended, I need to know which sector it is.
Trade stations are placed with coords, a few are with random range. Trade stations are generally at the center or towards a planet within 2000km.
That told, this mod is very big, it is in the 4x fold in respect to vanilla, and in the 12x fold for space size, there are so many features changed to make the big space work that a misplaced zone can happen, you know, everything is handwritten and I had to make several arrangements of space to cope with the 1500km resource's limit, a few of misplaced zones had happened and were corrected. But I feel to say that it has gone a long route and is very fine tuned as now, some bug can occur thou. If you can't accept the frustration it is better you don't use it :wink: Or accept it and report here with precision so I can correct it :)

Btw I have changed the random position of some things as anomalies and a few stations, that were too high, they were made when sectors were very small so the range was even 10x. In next update, the range is made max 3.4 for all, but considering how big sectors are I could even reduce them before the update.
ziplock815 wrote:
Tue, 17. Jan 23, 13:45
Started a new game - no issues for now. Lots of ships (okay, maybe too many fighter ships in Windfall), khaak station near the jumpgate in border Grand Exchange sector with lot of dogfighting, found abandoned mineral Crane surrounded by lasertowers...having a lot of fun :D
The only thing bothering me now is that I can't get reshade to work (doing as you advised and nothing changes), so nebulae seem rather dimm for me.
Besides, is there any chance you could make another version of STARS with old Milky Way - the new one breaks immersion a little bit. Tried to change it myself, but cat/dat extraction breaks some planets meshes. Anyway, can't find any astronomical reason why there is such a big nebulae in the background, maybe supernova...but wouldn't Earth be destroyed by gamma rays caused by supernova explosion not very far away (according to nebulae size)? :P
P.S. Small issue found: Sigma Tau Elena's Fortune and Bala Gi's Joy should change descriptions
Installing reshade is easy but remember you have to keep the connection online when installing so it can download the libraries. Go to reshade.me, download latest version 5.6. Install and when prompted choose the X4 exe (not the No_Steam if you use it, the normal X4.exe). Choose VULKAN (important!). Then Check ALL the libraries it offers and let it download them. Finish. Download my Reshade called STARS_dimm.ini and place STARS_dimm.ini in the main folder where the EXE is. Then start the game and open the interface (F12). On the top you can choose what setting to use, select my STARS_dimm.ini.
In settings, you can chose any key to open the interface or on/off the shaders. Very easy to switch with a key, you can turn it off in stations for instance because contrast is very high and while it is nice in space can be too much in interiors.
Do not use any game shaders or they will make a mess with colors, STARS_dimm.ini is made with all game's shaders OFF
I am sure that the milky way will look very different to you after Reshade works properly :wink:

This is what you see now:

This is with reshade, barely visible due to the contrast, which can be reduced a bit

This is with contrast set at 1200 (STARS default is 1500)

I used this neb bc the effect with reshade is quite pleasant and not intrusive, while the fidelity-model I used before looks washed out / stretched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here the list of next updates for XRSGE :) :
Bug fixes
* Faction station logic rewritten
* Reduced distance range for some things randomly generated as anomalies and pirate bases
* Corrected texts inverted in ency about Sigma Tau
* Corrected sun behind the planet in Tharka's Collusion
* Corrected superhighway Oum's memorial
Changes
* Superhighway Sonra II made two ways
* Increased Argon/Hatikva stations (they are coupled)
* Increased nr. of trade stations
* Increased jobs for Hatikva, Scaleplate and Bucaneers
* Added trade jobs for Hatikva (but am not sure they are applied, they don't exist in vanilla)
* Increased jobs for Free Families, Court (patrol)
* Increased trade jobs for all factions, L and M only
* Increased trade jobs for all factions, deep space mining
* Reduced jobs for construction vessels
* Increased Xenon patrols
* Increased Xenon encounters pool
* Increased Khaak encounters pool
Added
* +2 sectors in Morning Star system: Night Sky and II
* +1 sector Montalaar Gamma
* +1 sector Power Circle Gamma
* +1 sector Argon Prime Gamma
* +1 sector Black Hole Sun III Gamma
* +1 sector Black Hole Sun Akeela's Beacon Gamma
* +1 sector Sonra : Argon Prime Gamma
* +1 sector Sonra : Power Circle Gamma
* +1 sector Herron's Neb: Hatikva's League
* +1 sector Morning Star: Aladna Hill Gamma
* +1 sector Antigone Republic: Oberon Gamma
* +1 sector Antigone Republic: War memorial
* +1 sector Belt of Aguilar: Gambling Den
* +1 sector Belt of Aguilar: Cloud Base SE

I am not releasing the update bc I still add some sectors and, most important, am testing the new economy. Well, if this was an economy simulator now everything is incredibly fast but my game is terribly laggy now. In Jupiter beta to take those pictures above, I have 25fps (in game, not only in the map which is expected) due to how many trade ships are around the stations and average 30fps even far from stations :o Disabling Reshade does not change, it is all about computational tasks for cpu and ram.
I suspect that the large sectors can be misleading and make you think that there are few ships but as soon as you go close to a station you see how many they actually are. Btw, trade stations seem to work, see how many ships go there :wink:
The same sector without the mod's jobs is 52fps and 62 without Reshade :o

I will save the current jobs file and give as choice for those having a very powerful cpu+ram. My Ryzen 3600 and 3600mhz ram can't keep a decent framerate. I will reduce all jobs to half in next update, similar to how they are in current version you have.

Accepted that the economy is slower due to distances and nr of sectors, and given that unfortunally one can not increase jobs too much, I will add even more TRADE STATIONS to increase the logistic. They should help and let ships make shorter routes.

Looking at the vanilla jobs, something comes to eyes: Terran mining ships are a lot! They are set even 30x the other races. How is Terran economy in vanilla game? I could simulate this for other factions too, i.e. increase only the mining ships (a lot) while keeping trade ships just 2/3X

EDIT: Ok final take, I've experimented different jobs settings. At the end I found a middle ground. Mining ships are vastly increased, trade ships are 2/3x. I've reduced patrols thou, they are enough anyway. Economy over war compromise. I hit the 45-52fps average now, which is decent for not having stuttering. FInal version ready.
Last edited by Realspace on Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 15:37

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 11:08
EDIT: Ok final take, I've experimented different jobs settings. At the end I found a middle ground. Mining ships are vastly increased, trade ships are 2/3x. I've reduced patrols thou, they are enough anyway. Economy over war compromise. I hit the 45-52fps average now, which is decent for not having stuttering. FInal version ready.
Cool - I agree that one can at first get a false impression due to the large sector size and the high number of sectors, where simply the faction's ships are more spread out. But your mod works (even in the current version). It is more slowly (which is good and to be expected). One just needs to be a bit patient. :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

Is your new update save-game compatible?

Fitovec

Post by Fitovec » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:28

Realspace wrote:
The mod does not allow stations at that distance, even if there are some resources very far. The limit is around 8.000km while a couple of sectors have connections very far, 12.000km. But average is more 3.000-5.000km for sectors with resources and 2.000 for the others.
If a station is generated so far as 40.000km it is not intended, I need to know which sector it is.
Trade stations are placed with coords, a few are with random range. Trade stations are generally at the center or towards a planet within 2000km.
That told, this mod is very big, it is in the 4x fold in respect to vanilla, and in the 12x fold for space size, there are so many features changed to make the big space work that a misplaced zone can happen, you know, everything is handwritten and I had to make several arrangements of space to cope with the 1500km resource's limit, a few of misplaced zones had happened and were corrected. But I feel to say that it has gone a long route and is very fine tuned as now, some bug can occur thou. If you can't accept the frustration it is better you don't use it :wink: Or accept it and report here with precision so I can correct it :)

Btw I have changed the random position of some things as anomalies and a few stations, that were too high, they were made when sectors were very small so the range was even 10x. In next update, the range is made max 3.4 for all, but considering how big sectors are I could even reduce them before the update.
ziplock815 wrote:
Started a new game - no issues for now. Lots of ships (okay, maybe too many fighter ships in Windfall), khaak station near the jumpgate in border Grand Exchange sector with lot of dogfighting, found abandoned mineral Crane surrounded by lasertowers...having a lot of fun :D
The only thing bothering me now is that I can't get reshade to work (doing as you advised and nothing changes), so nebulae seem rather dimm for me.
Besides, is there any chance you could make another version of STARS with old Milky Way - the new one breaks immersion a little bit. Tried to change it myself, but cat/dat extraction breaks some planets meshes. Anyway, can't find any astronomical reason why there is such a big nebulae in the background, maybe supernova...but wouldn't Earth be destroyed by gamma rays caused by supernova explosion not very far away (according to nebulae size)? :P
P.S. Small issue found: Sigma Tau Elena's Fortune and Bala Gi's Joy should change descriptions
Installing reshade is easy but remember you have to keep the connection online when installing so it can download the libraries. Go to reshade.me, download latest version 5.6. Install and when prompted choose the X4 exe (not the No_Steam if you use it, the normal X4.exe). Choose VULKAN (important!). Then Check ALL the libraries it offers and let it download them. Finish. Download my Reshade called STARS_dimm.ini and place STARS_dimm.ini in the main folder where the EXE is. Then start the game and open the interface (F12). On the top you can choose what setting to use, select my STARS_dimm.ini.
In settings, you can chose any key to open the interface or on/off the shaders. Very easy to switch with a key, you can turn it off in stations for instance because contrast is very high and while it is nice in space can be too much in interiors.
Do not use any game shaders or they will make a mess with colors, STARS_dimm.ini is made with all game's shaders OFF
I am sure that the milky way will look very different to you after Reshade works properly :wink:

This is with reshade, barely visible due to the contrast, which can be reduced a bit

I used this neb bc the effect with reshade is quite pleasant and not intrusive, while the fidelity-model I used before looks washed out / stretched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug fixes
* Reduced distance range for some things randomly generated as anomalies and pirate bases
Changes
* Added trade jobs for Hatikva (but am not sure they are applied, they don't exist in vanilla)
Added

I am not releasing the update bc I still add some sectors and, most important, am testing the new economy. Well, if this was an economy simulator now everything is incredibly fast but my game is terribly laggy now. In Jupiter beta to take those pictures above, I have 25fps (in game, not only in the map which is expected) due to how many trade ships are around the stations and average 30fps even far from stations :o Disabling Reshade does not change, it is all about computational tasks for cpu and ram.
I suspect that the large sectors can be misleading and make you think that there are few ships but as soon as you go close to a station you see how many they actually are. Btw, trade stations seem to work, see how many ships go there :wink:

I will save the current jobs file and give as choice for those having a very powerful cpu+ram. My Ryzen 3600 and 3600mhz ram can't keep a decent framerate. I will reduce all jobs to half in next update, similar to how they are in current version you have.

Accepted that the economy is slower due to distances and nr of sectors, and given that unfortunally one can not increase jobs too much, I will add even more TRADE STATIONS to increase the logistic. They should help and let ships make shorter routes.

Looking at the vanilla jobs, something comes to eyes: Terran mining ships are a lot! They are set even 30x the other races. How is Terran economy in vanilla game? I could simulate this for other factions too, i.e. increase only the mining ships (a lot) while keeping trade ships just 2/3X

The interface is in Russian, I will describe it. Sector Sonra 9 Ore Belt(Arrow 2. ) my transport and argon factory , arrow 1. The factory is assigned to Sonra 9 Ore Belt.
The distance from the gate to the factory was 26,500 km. When approaching a distance of about 15,000 km, the Game Over message came out. I marked the factory as hostile, now merchants don't fly to it.

Fitovec

Post by Fitovec » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:30

Fitovec wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:28
Realspace wrote:

ziplock815 wrote:

Bug fixes
Changes
Added

The interface is in Russian, I will describe it. Sector Sonra 9 Ore Belt(Arrow 2. ) my transport and argon factory , arrow 1. The factory is assigned to Sonra 9 Ore Belt.
The distance from the gate to the factory was 26,500 km. When approaching a distance of about 15,000 km, the Game Over message came out. I marked the factory as hostile, now merchants don't fly to it.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:48

Fitovec wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:30
Hmm.... interesting.

I had something similar once, also in Sonra system. I think it was Sonra III Argon Prime Alpha. I came out of the super highway (coming from Beta) and was suddenly tens of thousands kilometers away. I targeted the shipyard, though, and after about 30 real-world minutes of flight I was back in known territory.

Stations I encountered this far away were generated by the Encounters mod. Do you use this one by any chance?

I did not come upon a game over screen. This should only occur if you are destroyed and dead. Was your ship maybe hit by something or did you hit something, so your shields and hull became zero?

Fitovec

Post by Fitovec » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:07

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 17:48
Fitovec wrote:
Hmm.... interesting.

I had something similar once, also in Sonra system. I think it was Sonra III Argon Prime Alpha. I came out of the super highway (coming from Beta) and was suddenly tens of thousands kilometers away. I targeted the shipyard, though, and after about 30 real-world minutes of flight I was back in known territory.

Stations I encountered this far away were generated by the Encounters mod. Do you use this one by any chance?

I did not come upon a game over screen. This should only occur if you are destroyed and dead. Was your ship maybe hit by something or did you hit something, so your shields and hull became zero?

No, I was flying on a destroyer, I don't think there was anything along the way that destroyed it in 20 seconds of real time. (the game was curtailed at that moment). I don't use Encounters. apparently this is still some kind of bug.)

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:29

Found an inactive super highway from "Silent Witness III: Oum's Memorial Beta" to the south (and back). Using AI pilot works.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:39

Fitovec wrote:
Please don't quote my whole post everytime, this thread going to blow up! :o
I've started a new game, jumped there in Power Circle Beta, (cheat)revealed all stations. The most far away is 1800km. I used a script to spawn extra stations, had forgot about, will remove in next update..but it does not touch those sectors anyway.
EDIT: you meant Sonra 9 Orebelt, ok...that sector is very vast, intended to be, is a region in outer space. Will check..
There is a zone close to a hidden gate I had put (inactive) that enlarges the sector. Removed it, but it was not 40.000km away, "only" 7000. Anyway I reduced the sector's size by deleting this zone and making the accelerator closer to center. Also I set economy for that region to almost non existant, as it should be. Hope it will solve.
Newinger wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 18:29
Found an inactive super highway from "Silent Witness III: Oum's Memorial Beta" to the south (and back). Using AI pilot works.
Thank you
Newinger wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 15:37
Is your new update save-game compatible?
Yes they are always after I found the way to move superhighways too without issues. Changes to economy and stations are instant in a new game while take some time in old save. Changes to structures as gate etc are immediate. The worst that can happen is having to move a satellite. I try not to move things too much thou but am adding new sectors so sometimes have to change a few gates
Last edited by Realspace on Wed, 18. Jan 23, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Fitovec

Post by Fitovec » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 19:05

friends, tell me. I've already played 20 hours of real time. But I don't see any military activity, no one has ever invaded Argon space yet. Is this normal?

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 19:37

Fitovec wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 19:05
friends, tell me. I've already played 20 hours of real time. But I don't see any military activity, no one has ever invaded Argon space yet. Is this normal?
It will take time. I'm about 25 hours in my current game and Argons just have started to fight against some Xenon stations in their vincity.

Remember, the galaxy is MUCH much larger and everything will take time.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 21:45

A little bit confused with which download I need. I only want STARS mod without galaxy overhaul or anything else - which file do I download from Nexus?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:34

Mr.Freud wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 21:45
A little bit confused with which download I need. I only want STARS mod without galaxy overhaul or anything else - which file do I download from Nexus?
Just download latest STARS

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 13:39

Thank you for the answer about reshade. Will try.

For now I experience another strange problem (thank God I have backup saves). For some reason my newest saves (right after starting Hatikvah's plot) don't work. Game just crashes. All of them and I can't find a reason why. I didn't install any mods and didn't change anything, even didn't install reshade yet. Strange thing is that older saves work without problems :gruebel:

P.S. Seems like it's other mod issue - I used Argon Cyclops mod and it's no longer compatible with 6.0
Last edited by ziplock815 on Fri, 20. Jan 23, 20:45, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 14:44

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:34
got it, thx.
About reshade - I play with AutoHDR and your profile makes everything black for me. What settings should I mess with?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 16:03

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 14:44
Realspace wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:34
got it, thx.
About reshade - I play with AutoHDR and your profile makes everything black for me. What settings should I mess with?
Just reduce the contrast in Reshade, try to 1000 instead of 1500. Or INCREASE gamma in game's setting.
As general rule for everybody, I suggest you don't touch my Reshade settings but change the gamma in game's setting according to your monitor and taste. Reshade accomplishes to give contrasty blacks and vibrant colours. To regain some luminosity in the shades you can increase the gamma in game's settings. It works very well in combo. If you reduce the contrast in reshade, the whole scene becomes less vibrant, stars don't shine, etc.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 19:28

The phenomenon where you leave super highway and are positioned hundreds of thousands kilometers away appeared again for me. This time while flying from "Heretics End VII Badlands Colony" to "Heretics End V: Last Bastion".

The main cause is that sometimes the ship leaves the highway with very very high speeds like 0.6 c or more - and does not decelerate correctly afterwards (even when not using REM). Then after leaving the highway it continues to fly with such high speeds (until you panically hit backspace) and therefore you end up very very far away.

See these two screenshots:

https://am3pap003files.storage.live.com ... pmode=none

https://am3pap003files.storage.live.com ... pmode=none

I am not sure if this only happens when you enter the highway with travel drive engaged, or if it also happens when you enter the highway without travel drive.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 22:39

I am quite sure this is not related to my mod, it happened to me several times in old vanilla playthroughs. I even reduced exit speed in my mod to 1000 and it usually works, better than say accelerators/gates that throw you out at the same speed. Sofar it has never happened to me. More than setting lower exit speed, as I did, I don't know what else to do.

Anyway I think it is not related to speed. Is a random vanilla bug that puts the ship in the no-man's land that is the inter-sector space. The difference is that I make massive use of superhighways while vanilla has a few, so it can happen more frequently. Other is if the thing happens always in the same superhighway, that can be a bug in sector's design. But usually in that case you have a CTD. If the shws bring you out of space, not speed, that's a design bug. There should be none but you know, errors can happen, even just a digited 0 too much in the t-zones will mess the shws.

-----------------------------

Guys I've finished an internal expansion of the galaxy. I wanted more space for core sectors without using large distances. So added back the 3rd sector for core regions. This aims to have more internal connections, more sectors for high-level stations and another nice view from the distance. These sectors indeed are all far orbits, no fog except ice-roids. They help having more open space views so everybody is happy :D I've reworked economy, as told, which starts very florid now and a lot of ships. Added several solar plants both in god file and per script (to be sure they are present at start). Now...having systems more structured in core sectors and border sectors, I also set the map's values to reflect this.

So I am redoing the distribution of stations according to security (not economy) and sunlight, in order to have high-tech factories only in core sectors, basic material manufacturers everywhere, solar plants of course only close to the sun. Trying to make the far ore belts, far sectors have almost no factory. They should be places with resources in deep space, and pirates. I am open to suggestion to which factories have to be strictly set to core sectors etc., please write what you suggest.

Since the mod has a lot of changes I want to make a pre-update that has only the bug-fixes so that who wants to continue with the old game can do it without the new sectors. Be aware, the new version WILL NOT REQUIRE a new game, it works perfectly with old saves. But the map has changed (enlarged internally a lot) and economy too so it will take time to update (build defend stations in new sectors, build the new ships added, etc.). And some gates have been moved. So please report any bug (usually only not working sHWs) for the pre-update. Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”