[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phiolin
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): New mods: (1) Friendly fire tweaks, (2) Mod parts trader

Post by Phiolin » Sun, 23. May 21, 21:41

When using Alternatives to Death with the Star Wars Interworlds mod, you need to be aware that this will mess up Xenon faction relations.
SWI introduces a couple new factions and AtD replaces the Xenon faction relations, ignoring any new factions as well as terran and pioneers, split and free families, so it should even have an effect in Vanilla, as it will make Xenon ignore terrans and pioneers ships. Same goes for Khaak.
Might want to take a look and see if it wouldn't be better to use a more strict replace in factions.xml so it doesn't mess up with new factions and to properly work with CoH and Split DLC.

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/factions/faction[@id='xenon']/relations">
		<relations>
			<relation faction="alliance" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="antigone" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="argon" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="buccaneers" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="civilian" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="criminal" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="hatikvah" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="holyorder" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="holyorderfanatic" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="khaak" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="ministry" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="paranid" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="player" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="scaleplate" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="smuggler" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="teladi" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="trinity" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="visitor" relation="-1" />
		</relations>
	</replace>
This will leave Xenon at peace with terran, pioneers and any other new not listed faction (for SWI, it affects Galactic Empire, The Order, Sienar Council and the Mandalorian factions (ex Split, Free Families).
I know on the Nexus page it specifically says "for 4.0 of Base Game", but as there are several Split related code parts in there, I guess this faction relation issue is probably not intended? So people might not be aware that this puts several factions on a one-sided war with the Xenons.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): New mods: (1) Friendly fire tweaks, (2) Mod parts trader

Post by kuertee » Tue, 25. May 21, 11:59

Phiolin wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 21:41
When using Alternatives to Death with the Star Wars Interworlds mod, you need to be aware that this will mess up Xenon faction relations.
Spoiler
Show
SWI introduces a couple new factions and AtD replaces the Xenon faction relations, ignoring any new factions as well as terran and pioneers, split and free families, so it should even have an effect in Vanilla, as it will make Xenon ignore terrans and pioneers ships. Same goes for Khaak.
Might want to take a look and see if it wouldn't be better to use a more strict replace in factions.xml so it doesn't mess up with new factions and to properly work with CoH and Split DLC.

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/factions/faction[@id='xenon']/relations">
		<relations>
			<relation faction="alliance" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="antigone" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="argon" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="buccaneers" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="civilian" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="criminal" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="hatikvah" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="holyorder" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="holyorderfanatic" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="khaak" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="ministry" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="paranid" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="player" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="scaleplate" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="smuggler" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="teladi" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="trinity" relation="-1" />
			<relation faction="visitor" relation="-1" />
		</relations>
	</replace>
This will leave Xenon at peace with terran, pioneers and any other new not listed faction (for SWI, it affects Galactic Empire, The Order, Sienar Council and the Mandalorian factions (ex Split, Free Families).
I know on the Nexus page it specifically says "for 4.0 of Base Game", but as there are several Split related code parts in there, I guess this faction relation issue is probably not intended? So people might not be aware that this puts several factions on a one-sided war with the Xenons.
Thank you!
I've trimmed the factions definitions for this mod to address this. It should be in ATD's next release.
The purpose of having Khaak and Xenon definitions is only to unlock them for the Assimilation feature. But I now unlock them in the code.
What's weird is that I've seen the Xenon attack the Split with the previous factions definitions. Never mind.

Updates to this and a handful of mods in a day or two.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Tue, 25. May 21, 20:03

Thanks for looking into it. I noticed the issue with Terran fighters attacking the shipyard in Savage Spur. First I was like „how did 4 fighters even get there through all those Xenon sectors?“ but then I also noticed that neither the shipyard nor any Xenon fighters would retaliate.
What works however is, when Xenons have a specific order to attack these targets.
So maybe that is why you were seeing Split fighting the Xenons.
I play with a stripped down version of Dynamic Wars, basically just the UI parts to display faction strength and relations, without the dynamic relation changing events.
That helps a lot in finding relation issues and also helps to find dying factions before it is too late for any help or balancing interventions. :)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 28. May 21, 17:43

Phiolin wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 20:03
Thanks for looking into it. I noticed the issue with Terran fighters attacking the shipyard in Savage Spur. First I was like „how did 4 fighters even get there through all those Xenon sectors?“ but then I also noticed that neither the shipyard nor any Xenon fighters would retaliate.
What works however is, when Xenons have a specific order to attack these targets.
So maybe that is why you were seeing Split fighting the Xenons.
I play with a stripped down version of Dynamic Wars, basically just the UI parts to display faction strength and relations, without the dynamic relation changing events.
That helps a lot in finding relation issues and also helps to find dying factions before it is too late for any help or balancing interventions. :)
I figured out why the factions definitions in the currently released version worked for me.

Even if my mod doesn't specifically set Split as enemies of the Xenon and Khaak, the Split DLC would have set the Xenon and Khaak as enemies of the Split.
And because of that, the game would have set the Xenon and Khaak AIs to consider the Split as enemies.
I noticed the Xenon and Split fighting (i.e. invading their opponent spaces) when I first joined the Argon war - so pretty early on in my game.
But I suppose the Xenon would have reacted at the beginning times of a game.
The relationships in the faction definitions are only for initialising them - a fact that I missed when I first replied to your comment.

Anyway, I've removed the Xenon and Khaak definitions from the mod's factions.xml.
I'm releasing updates, including for Alternatives To Death with this change, tomorrow.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 29. May 21, 09:36

Alternatives to death: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551 v2.0.6, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: Clone alternative can now de-prioritised, which allows it to be chosen randomly like the other alternatives. Clones are first exhausted before the other alternatives are used unless it is de-prioritised. By default the clone alternative has priority. Change this in the Extensions Options.
-Bug-fix: Licences weren't getting removed/updated after "death".
-Bug-fix: The destruction countdown is now paused at 3 seconds if the Map menu or the Transporter Room menu is open, which allows you to spend as much time choosing your teleport destination. Previously, the countdown wasn't paused - which was the bug. (Note that when my other mod, Teleport from Rransporter Room, is used, you can only teleport by using the Transporter Room panel.)
-Tweak: Damage-per-second (DPS) monitor.
-Tweak: Removed the now unnecessary Khaak and Xenon definitions from factions.xml. They were there to unlock them for the Assimilation feature to work. Unlocking them now work at the code level.
Crime has consequences: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566 v2.0.7, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: Disable crime accumulation with pirates. By default this is enabled. Disable this in the Extensions Options. Pirates are factions with their relationship to the player locked at a negative value. I think the base game has the Scale Plate locked at -5, so they are pirates. But Duke Buccaneers are locked at +10, so they are not pirates. (Pirate faction detection is not straightforward. And I only found the method described just recently.)
-New feature: Add Fines and Forfeiture Offices to stations tagged as a pirate base.
-New feature: Ships scans in your territory (zone and/or sector) are no longer illegal.
Friendly fire tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708 v1.0.1, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: The targeted victim condition was broken. Previously, when enabled, which was by default, attacks on targeted friendlies would always be ignored.
-Tweak: Low shields condition is now off by default. Note that this only affects when the mod is newly installed. Those who are updating the mod can disable this in the Extensions Options.
-Tweak: Removed the requirement for Mod Support APIs. It was unnecessary code that I left over.
Modification parts trader: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721 v1.0.1, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix:Finding wares tagged with "eqiupmentmodpart". Previously, only wares tagged with "primarymodpart" was getting added to the barter system.
NPC reactions: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497 v2.1.5, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Tweak: Better selection of bridge crew. Better prioritsing of NPCs already on the bridge. Better method of making them stay on the bridge.
-Tweak: Rumours now stick on the Conversation Menu until you select it or it expires.
-Tweak: Bar Patrons now move around the bar. Previously, they were stuck in their starting positions.
-Bug-fix: Data vault and anomaly rumours were broken. They would be presented as rumours in the Conversation Menu but their missions weren't getting created.
-Bug-fix: Various bugs when the mod, Extended Conversation Menu, is installed.
Reputations and professions: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636 v1.1.5, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: Piracy points accumulation was broken in some cases.
-Bug-fix: Crafting activities were broken.
-Tweak: Builders guild mission reward level lowered (again) to 3. Previously it was at level 5.
-Tweak: Guild missions: expand search for neutral mission ships/stations (used in mission creation) to 3, 4 then 5 gates away if none found. Previously, this stopped at 2 gates away.
Surface element targeting: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710 v1.0.4, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Tweak: Removed requirement for Mod Support APIs.
-Bug-fix: "Find All" was broken when a surface element is targeted while there is a Mission Guidance to it.
UI Extensions and HUD: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552 v2.1.1, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: show objective progress for current objective in mission description.
-New callback: createMissionMode_replaceMissionModeCurrent for mission switching between original mission and Waypoint Field mission in WFFD mod.
Waypoint fields for deployments: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585 v2.0.6, 29 May 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Tweak: Missions, apart from find resources missions, no longer need to be active to create Waypoint Field missions.

Aranov
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 29 May: Alts to death, Crimes, Friendly fire, NPC Reactions, etc.

Post by Aranov » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 18:27

Just a heads up, 4.10 beta is out and UI Extensions breaks the mission overview panel.
As is, I can't see my current missions with it loaded.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 29 May: Alts to death, Crimes, Friendly fire, NPC Reactions, etc.

Post by kuertee » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:14

Aranov wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 18:27
Just a heads up, 4.10 beta is out and UI Extensions breaks the mission overview panel.
As is, I can't see my current missions with it loaded.
thanks! try the new v2.2.0 of UIX that I only now uploaded to Nexus.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 15 Jun: 4.1beta1 compatibility updates, new features to various mods

Post by kuertee » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:07

I've released update to mods that required changes to work with the v4.1beta1 of the game.
Mods that are not updated are compatible with v.4.1beta1 of the game.

Alternatives to death (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551): v2.0.7, 15 Jun 2021:
Crime has consequences (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566): v2.0.8, 15 Jun 2021:
High-security rooms are locked (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540): v2.0.3, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Compatibility: Station seed property used in creating rooms for 4.1beta1.
Friendly fire tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708): v1.0.2, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: The game has a bug that executes the change target event with a null target when the mission pings WITHOUT removing the actual lock on the target. This bug prevents this mod's targeted vicitim condition from working when your target is also the mission target. This update works around this quirk by ignoring the null target specified in the change target event and querying the game's internal code for the target.
Modification parts trader (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721): v1.0.2, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Compatibility: Station seed property used in creating rooms for 4.1beta1.
-New features: Trade your mod parts for credits. But note that the traders are interested in mod parts and not in credits. You can barter mod parts with them or sell mod parts to them. You can't buy mod parts from them.
-Bug-fix: The trader doesn't have inventory in new games that are less than 1 hour old.
More generic missions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622): v1.0.2, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Tweak: The number of missions that the mod tries to generate is either 2 x the number of stations in the sector or 25, whichever is fewer. Previously, this was either the number of stations or 25.
-New feature: When a mission is accepted or the offer is expired, new missions are generated. Previously, no replacements are generated at these events. Instead replacements are generated only when Egosoft's 10-minute looping timer expires (or when the player enters a new sector). These two events are still active. This version adds the acceptance and expiration events to trigger the regeneration.
NPC reactions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497): v2.1.7, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Compatibility 4.1beta1: Station seed property used in creating rooms.
-Compatibility 4.1beta1: NPC State Machine for AI pilots in player ships.
-Bug-fix: Bridge crew getting disabled intermittently while in flight - requiring the player to get up and then re-take the controls.
-Bug-fix: Bridge crew: handle when crew changes - e.g. when their post is changed by the player.
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636): v1.1.6, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Compatibility 4.1beta1: Station seed property used in creating rooms.
-New feature: Kill counter by reputation (e.g. Defender, Vigilante, etc.) and by faction.
-New feature: Mission counters: completed / failed. Tours of duties counter: completed / failed.
-New feautre: Tour of duties are story missions and war subscription missions.
-New feautre: New Reputation menu to show the counters above.
-New feature: Builder and Shipwright guilds missions are limited to 1. Disable this in the Extensions Options.
-Tweak: Better detection of mission targets. Previously, some mission targets were not getting attributed to the mission - resulting in Vigilante poiints.
Surface element targeting (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710): v1.0.5, 6 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: The last update prevented the mod from working on new games.
UI Extensions and HUD (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552: v2.2.0, 15 Jun 2021:
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: compatibility with 4.1beta1 of the game.
-New feature: playerinfo menu new callback: onRowChanged.
Last edited by kuertee on Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 15 Jun: 4.1beta1 compatibility updates, new features to various mods

Post by Mycu » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:15

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:07
I've released update to mods that required changes to work with the v4.1beta1 of the game.
Mods that are not updated are compatible with v.4.1beta1 of the game.
Gosh, you're fast... Thanks!

Is it safe to use latest versions with v4.0?
EDIT - now I see, 4.1 has separate file in downloads section.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:23

Mycu wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:15
Gosh, you're fast... Thanks!
I had releases lined up already. Then when I jumped back into the game to give it one last test before release, I got errors.
The game updated in the short time I had a break between my last edits and my planned pre-release play test.
After fixing the errors, I managed to get about an hour of play before doing my release routine (which actually takes several hours itself). :D
Is it safe to use latest versions with v4.0?
Unfortunately, no. I noted on both the mod's description pages and their file tabs the updates that are not compatible with the old v4.0 of the game.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:36

I'm very curious about new Reputations and professions features - this mod unexpectedly has become very important for my playstyle. I'm loving it.
But propably will jump into 4.1 on next beta iteration - can't "afford" early beta currently.
kuertee wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:23
before doing my release routine (which actually takes several hours itself).
I can imagine that preparing everything to be released (files, changelogs, descriptions) can be quite time-consuming...
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 12:28

Mycu wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:36
I'm very curious about new Reputations and professions features - this mod unexpectedly has become very important for my playstyle. I'm loving it.
But propably will jump into 4.1 on next beta iteration - can't "afford" early beta currently.
i had a quick look at the diff just now.
it's likely that all but one of my new updates will work with v4.0 so long as you use UI Extensions v2.1.1 - the last version of UIX for v4.0.
I'm resetting the game back to 4.0 and then play-test the game for about an hour or two.

the only one that may log an error is NPC Reactions: Bridge Crew.
NPC: BC will still work, however.
but if the ai pilot is a bridge crew member, they will move about the ship.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 20:13

Does the new very cool counters menu require UI Extensions and HUD v 2.2.0?
Just started playing with Reputations and professions version 1.1.6 + UI Extensions and HUD v2.1.1 on X4 v4.0 - and there is no new menu.
I am absolutely disgusted and expect a quick explanation!
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 20:49

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 20:13
Does the new very cool counters menu require UI Extensions and HUD v 2.20?
Just started playing with Reputations and professions version 1.1.6 + UI Extensions and HUD v2.1.1 on X4 v4.0 - and there is no new menu.
I am absolutely disgusted and expect a quick explanation!
hahaha!
unfortunately, yes. Reputations and professions (RAP) v1.1.6 require UI Extensions (UIX) v2.2.0 which only works in v4.1beta1.
but I've reverted my game back to v4.0 to re-release my recent updates for v4.0.

they were working in v4.0, anyway - before my game auto-updated to v4.1beta1 a couple of days ago.
i only released updates for v4.1beta1 so that those on it can keep using my mods - with the understanding that their reliability may/will lessen at each new beta/hot-fix that Egosoft release.
and now that my mods have some playability in v4.1beta1, I've reverted my game (and development) back to v4.0.

expect releases for v4.0 in about 12 hours.

Notes:
1. the Tours of Duties list in the new RAP UI will be empty because previous versions of RAP didn't count them.
2. Kills, however, will have data - but their Reputations classifications (e.g. Defender, etc.) will be a little off due to the bugs that were present in previous versions.
(i embedded a kill counter several versions back (and have been monitoring it in my game) - with the thought that i'd release a new UI for them.)
3. the Missions will also have data but they will show objectives completed against each mission - because that's how pre-v1.1.6 versions of RAP counted them.
from v1.1.6, missions are counted WHEN they are completed - not when an objective is completed.
(but objective completions still count to your Reputations/Professions points as in previous versions of RAP.)
4. RAP v1.1.6 (v4.1beta1) and the upcoming v1.1.7 (v4.0 AND v4.1beta1) count these events better and will report more accurate data.
5. this new UI is my compromise to my Medals and Ribbons add-on idea for RAP.

EDIT: Also, This v4.1beta1 release kind-of delayed my work on the Galactic Council mod. :(
I want to return to it but cannot until this weekend.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 22:02

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 20:49
i only released updates for v4.1beta1 so that those on it can keep using my mods - with the understanding that their reliability may/will lessen at each new beta/hot-fix that Egosoft release.
and now that my mods have some playability in v4.1beta1, I've reverted my game (and development) back to v4.0.
expect releases for v4.0 in about 12 hours.
Great, thanks for a heads-up and teasing new releases.
I always feel like a little kid getting a new toy when an update comes out, even if it contains just fixes :)

kuertee wrote:
Notes:
1. the Tours of Duties list in the new RAP UI will be empty because previous versions of RAP didn't count them.
2. Kills, however, will have data - but their Reputations classifications (e.g. Defender, etc.) will be a little off due to the bugs that were present in previous versions.
(i embedded a kill counter several versions back (and have been monitoring it in my game) - with the thought that i'd release a new UI for them.)
3. the Missions will also have data but they will show objectives completed against each mission - because that's how pre-v1.1.6 versions of RAP counted them.
from v1.1.6, missions are counted WHEN they are completed - not when an objective is completed.
(but objective completions still count to your Reputations/Professions points as in previous versions of RAP.)
4. RAP v1.1.6 (v4.1beta1) and the upcoming v1.1.7 (v4.0 AND v4.1beta1) count these events better and will report more accurate data.
5. this new UI is my compromise to my Medals and Ribbons add-on idea for RAP.
Understood, would expect some "calibration" with new RaP mechanisms.
Also I don't exclude making a clean save to track my progress from ground.

kuertee wrote:
EDIT: Also, This v4.1beta1 release kind-of delayed my work on the Galactic Council mod. :(
I want to return to it but cannot until this weekend.
Nice to see it resumed even if will be delayed any amount of time. No rush.
Posted few ideas on trello and it's just the beginning.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 19 Jun: updates to unify versions to work both in 4.0 and 4.1beta1

Post by kuertee » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 07:52

UI Extensions and HUD (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552): v2.2.1, 19 Jun 2021 and v2.2.0, 15 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show
For v4.0 of the game:
v2.2.1, 19 Jun 2021:
-Compatibility: Update so the previous changes for v4.1beta1 of the game work in v4.0 of the game.

For v4.1beta1 of the game:
This version may or may not work in other v4.1betaX versions.

v2.2.0, 15 Jun 2021:
-New feature: compatibility with 4.1beta1 of the game.
-New feature: playerinfo menu new callback: onRowChanged.
Friendly fire tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show
For both v4.0 and v4.1beta1 of the game.

v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021:
-Bug-fix: Targeting/attacking a surface element of an object wasn't triggering the friendly fire response.
Modification parts trader (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show

v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021:
-Compatibility: Update so the previous changes for v4.1beta1 of the game work in v4.0 of the game.
More generic missions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show

v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021:
-New feature: Extensions Options to modify number of missions to generate and toggles for regeneration of missions events.
NPC reactions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497): v2.1.8, 19 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show

v2.1.8, 19 Jun 2021:
-Bug-fix: The handling of the possibility of a bridge crew getting re-assigned elsewhere by the player was running when in your spacesuit.
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636): v1.1.7, 19 Jun 2021
Spoiler
Show

v1.1.7, 19 Jun 2021:
-Note: This update requires either v2.2.1 or v2.2.0 of UI Extensions (UIX) - depending on which version of the game you need. For v4.0 of the game, use UIX v2.2.1. For v4.1beta1, use UIX v2.2.0.
-New feature: Added a reset data option to the save and restore options in the Extensions Options.
-Bug-fix: Tours of Duties weren't getting rendered.
-Bug-fix: The Player Info menu was breaking when clicking on Reputations or Professions rows that are not their faction headings or Profession name headings.
Ship scanner (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/591): v2.0.1, 19 June 2021:
Spoiler
Show

v2.0.1, 19 Jun 2021:
- Tweak: Compatibility with the uncover pirate portion of the patrol mission. During that stage, after the first ship scan, the mod will point you to the next nearest unscanned ship. When that stage of the mission reverts back to the patrol objective, the Ship Scanner mission is completed and the original Egosoft mission is re-activated.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): Updates 19 Jun: updates to unify versions to work both in 4.0 and 4.1beta1

Post by Mycu » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 08:19

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 07:52
UI Extensions and HUD (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552): v2.2.1, 19 Jun 2021 and v2.2.0, 15 Jun 2021
Friendly fire tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
Modification parts trader (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
More generic missions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622): v1.0.3, 19 Jun 2021
NPC reactions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497): v2.1.8, 19 Jun 2021
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636): v1.1.7, 19 Jun 2021
Ship scanner (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/591): v2.0.1, 19 June 2021:
Finally managed to play ~2h yesterday and tried new versions.

Great to see new configuration settings for More Generic Missions mod.
Wanted them from some time but I didn't dare to ask ;)

Also sold few unnecessary modification parts to trader thanks to this new feature.
From balance perspective I like the fact that you can't buy from him.

Checked new RaP counters menu - but it still doesn't show: https://i.imgur.com/VbSmu3V.png on Reputations and professions v 1.1.7 + UI Extensions + HUD v2.2.1 with X4 v4.0.
Did I miss something?
Another small thing is video comms background for NPC reactions.
Despite being disabled for generic backgrounds: https://i.imgur.com/s20jsC4.png (which as I assume should show ship's interior) - it shows just generic bkg: https://i.imgur.com/cJ5rLNr.png.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 08:36

Mycu wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 08:19
Checked new RaP counters menu - but it still doesn't show: https://i.imgur.com/VbSmu3V.png on Reputations and professions v 1.1.7 + UI Extensions + HUD v2.2.1 with X4 v4.0. Did I miss something?
Re: Reputations and professions
Oh, weird. Any errors in the log? It could be an error in converting old data format to the new data format.
1. Check the logs and send any UI/lua-type errors. Or send me the logs at kuertee@gmail.com.
2. To test if its a bug with the conversion of the old data format, can you reset your reputations data from the Extensions Options, then check if the new counters UI show up. It should open with "0" in the counters.
Another small thing is video comms background for NPC reactions. Despite being disabled for generic backgrounds: https://i.imgur.com/s20jsC4.png (which as I assume should show ship's interior) - it shows just generic bkg: https://i.imgur.com/cJ5rLNr.png.
Re: NPC reactions: Bridge crew.
Yeah, that checkbox is to force generic backgrounds. But if the NPC is hidden inside the ship (i.e. when they move back to their cabin), the cutscene will play the cutscene with a generic background. Only NPCs that exists in the 3d world will use the new "npc face" cutscene.

I tried to debug more of the NPC state machines in the weekend to force bridge crew to move to the bridge.
But it's a hell of a thing. The NPC state machine break easily.
E.g. I can't simply force an NPC assigned as a pilot to move into an npc slot (terminals in the bridge that is not the pilot seat) designed for service crew members.
Also, when I updated my mod for 4.1beta1, Egosoft changed a lot of the NPC state machine code - rendering my DIFFs to them to be invalid (which I have since kind-of fixed).
After a day of getting the assigned pilot to use a terminal immediately after they get up from the pilot's seat (and you can see him before you take the seat which locks your view), and retake the pilot seat from the terminal (which are both quite "immersive"), I decided to hold off any more work on NPC state machines until 4.1 final is released.
For now (in my game, not in the released version), I removed all of my diffs to the NPC state machine.
The released version forces service crew to stay on the bridge while the AI pilot will move about the ship.
But I don't like the performance of the released version. I think my code causes the AI pilot's state machine to check itself too often.
It's not game-breaking. I just don't like it, so I'll release another version this weekend without any of my diffs to the NPC state machine - which will make the NPCs roam the ship.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 03 Jul: New mod: Auto-cam, Updates to: ATD, CHC, RAP, etc.

Post by kuertee » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 13:42

New mod
Auto-camera
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
by kuertee

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zRbH1dyZU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-bpXsiotFU

Mod effects:
Sets these camera views on these events:
(1) Docking: cutscene
(2) Auto-pilot: cutscene
(3) Station approach on small and medium ships: 3rd-person follow-cam

The cutscenes can be stopped by pressing the ESC key, as usual. If the autopilot is still active after 10 seconds or 10 seconds after you close a menu, a new cutscene will play. You can disable this looping behaviour so that no new cutscenes will play after you stop it with the ESC key in the Extensions Options.

Note that your ship will be invisible during the cutscenes if you have the cockpit turned off. (I didn't find a way to toggle the cockpit's visibility from the Mission Director (MD) or from Lua.)

Updates
Alternatives to death (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.8, 3 Jul 2021:
-New feature: Terran re-starts, if available.
-Tweak: Better compatibility with Crime has consequences (CHC). Previously, if you were being attack by a faction who can impound your ship, ATD's countdown to destruction is disabled. In this version, ATD's countdown will show as normal, but destruction will not occur if the ship can be impounded, as usual when both ATD and CHC are installed. Instead, the ship will be impounded, as usual when both ATD and CHC are installed. With this tweak, ATD's countdown and "take evasive manouvers" HUD notification will be active.
-Tweak: If you are assimilated and have no other ships (except the one that was destroyed), you will restart with one of the available restart options. Assimiliation is suppose to not give you any new properties. This tweak activates only if you have no other ship.
-New feature (beta): Dead is dead. Loading another game with this set, after death to cheat the mod, will cause the death alternative to start. Disable this in the Extensions Options.
-Bug-fix: When assimilated, you will restart at a station neutral or friendly to the assimilating faction. Previously, you could restart at a station aggressive against the assimilating faction.
-Bug-fix: The Trust Executor was getting created even if the death alternative chosen randomly doesn't need them.
Crime has consequences (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.9, 03 Jul 2021:
-Tweak: Better compatibility with Alternative to death (ATD). Previously, if you were being attack by a faction who can impound your ship, ATD's countdown to destruction is disabled. In this version, ATD's countdown will show as normal, but destruction will not occur if the ship can be impounded, as usual when both ATD and CHC are installed. Instead, the ship will be impounded, as usual when both ATD and CHC are installed. With this tweak, ATD's countdown and "take evasive manouvers" HUD notification will be active.
-Compatibility: 3rd-party mods can disable/re-enable crime-types.
NPC reactions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497)
Spoiler
Show
v2.1.9, 03 Jul 2021:
-Tweak: Bridge Crew: I removed my changes (i.e. diffs) to Egosoft's code that forced bridge crew members to stay on the bridge. 4.1beta1 showed that they were changing that portion of the code significantly enough that I decided to remove it and re-visit when 4.1 is released. With this tweak, bridge crew will move around the ship as normal. You'll sometimes see them at the ship's docking bays, for example.
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636)
Spoiler
Show
v1.1.8, 03 Jul 2021:
-Bug-fix: The kill and mission counter UI was disabled when the UI is scaled. Fixed in this version.
-Tweak: The mission counter UI is enabled for Professions. Previously, it was only enabled for Reputations.
-Bug-fix: Trader's discounts and commissions weren't getting applied when trading with an L or XL ship.
Signal leak hunter - increasing range (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/498)
Spoiler
Show
v5.0.1, 03 Jul 2021:
-Compatibility: 3rd-party mods can disable this mod's mission automatically become active when enabling scan mode. See the "3rd-party mod compatibility" section below.
Station scanner (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/496)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.1, 03 Jul 2021:
-Compatibility: 3rd-party mods can disable this mod's mission automatically become active when enabling scan mode. See the "3rd-party mod compatibility" section below.
UI: Reset mouse on autopilot, menu and controller (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/542)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.3, 03 Jul2021:
-New feature: Reset mouse when auto-pilot disengages.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 03 Jul: New mod: Auto-cam, Updates to: ATD, CHC, RAP, etc.

Post by Mycu » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 08:21

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 13:42
New mod
Auto-camera
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
Space dust is disabled during cutscenes. Is it by design or engine renders it this way?
Is it possible to toggle it via some config option?
It does quite a good job of showing speed/momentum - even if I have them toned down because IMO vanilla particles are too strong/too numerous.

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 13:42
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636)
-Bug-fix: The kill and mission counter UI was disabled when the UI is scaled. Fixed in this version.
Mission counter is finally here. Thanks :)
Didn't tested it properly yet but found a bug while scrolling a counter:
Before using scroll: https://i.imgur.com/AcytmOz.png
After: https://i.imgur.com/qXrs4dD.png
Vanilla scrolling also have wired behaviour sometimes while it's in process but after the scrolling is complete everything goes back to normal.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”