[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 8 Apr: 5.1 Compatibility updates: UIX, RAP. Others: Autocam, EM.

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 12. Apr 22, 19:30

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 17:53
kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 16:46
Re: the DeadAir Tweaks merge. Is there any way to deactivate the crew leveling (and level requirement) changes? I strongly dislike crew leveling mods and I really don't want to end up with a fleet of 5 star pilots before I even get to the crew training part of the game. If not, would you consider putting in a toggle for Extensions Options?
i'll check with him. but i don't think the "Increases capabilities of 1,2,3,4 star pilots" feature is crew levelling. as far as i understand it, he's upped the base capabilities of pilots. e.g. 1-star pilots have capabilities of a 2-star pilot with the mod turned on. they'll still level up based on what they do in the game. i'll check with him. regardless, his tweaks mostly change the parameters/values of various lines of code of the base game ai - rather than add new logic (like my changes). it'll be difficult to add a setting in the Extension Options to disable them.
Slightly down the list on his readme it says that leveling speed was increased. It's unfortunate if there's no way to set a toggle for that, but everything else is so crucial that I'll live with the crew leveling speed increase just to keep the rest.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 8 Apr: 5.1 Compatibility updates: UIX, RAP. Others: Autocam, EM.

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 12. Apr 22, 21:52

kmunoz wrote:
Re: the DeadAir Tweaks merge. Is there any way to deactivate the crew leveling (and level requirement) changes? I strongly dislike crew leveling mods and I really don't want to end up with a fleet of 5 star pilots before I even get to the crew training part of the game. If not, would you consider putting in a toggle for Extensions Options?
My bad, didn't realize you were the luckiest person in the world :D

edit: also, you can just delete libraries/experiences.xml

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 13. Apr 22, 02:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 21:52
kmunoz wrote:
My bad, didn't realize you were the luckiest person in the world :D
Not really sure what I'm looking at here; and luck hasn't anything to do with it. I'm not saying I'm already leveling fast enough; I'm saying I don't want to level any faster than I do. That's largely down to the fact that I don't play the game with an expectation of high levels of automation - so things like autotrade and automine are nice but their functional unavailability for a long stretch of the game doesn't bother me.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 13. Apr 22, 06:07

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 19:30
Slightly down the list on his readme it says that leveling speed was increased. It's unfortunate if there's no way to set a toggle for that, but everything else is so crucial that I'll live with the crew leveling speed increase just to keep the rest.
ahhh yeah, i missed that line. :D

i am the same, actually. but for spending cash on seminars - primarily as a cash-sink. also, i like the "downtime" spent in the Personnel Menu to batch-level-up staff.

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 21:52
edit: also, you can just delete libraries/experiences.xml
thanks, deadair!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 13. Apr 22, 11:52

kmunoz wrote:
Wed, 13. Apr 22, 02:47
Not really sure what I'm looking at here; and luck hasn't anything to do with it. I'm not saying I'm already leveling fast enough; I'm saying I don't want to level any faster than I do. That's largely down to the fact that I don't play the game with an expectation of high levels of automation - so things like autotrade and automine are nice but their functional unavailability for a long stretch of the game doesn't bother me.
X4 leveling doesn't accrue experience like you would expect, it is purely chance based. The chart above describes the different "experience categories" with their chance to level and the maximum level you can attain via that event/category. Each star is actually 3 levels and goes up to 15 as you can see.

The increased rates affect the AI and the player.

If you don't want it, delete libraries/experiences.xml but it is unlikely to become an option in the UI due to the massive amount of work it would take.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 13. Apr 22, 22:40

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 13. Apr 22, 11:52
The increased rates affect the AI and the player.
Do you have a sense of how much more rapidly your tweak results in level increases, relative to the default? If it's still likely to take multiple hours for a pilot to go from 1-3 then I'd be happy keeping the tweak in. But if I walk away from my desk to get a snack and come back to all my pilots maxed out... ;)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC ship friendly

Post by kuertee » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 16:47

Hey all, I released an update to Friendly Fire Tweaks:
Note the new feature for player-owned NPC ships.
I released this as beta for now because I've not had time to test it properly.
Of course, it requires several hours of no reports of aggressiveness against your NPC ships - except those that you manually ordered to attack.
EDIT: And I've not received those reports against my NPC ships in my current game of about 5-days game time, to begin with.
My game is not the best test subject for this feature. END EDIT.

I'd appreciate any feedback on it.
it's safe to install over the top of its previous version. The player-friendly-fire features will work as in previous versions.

Friendly fire tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708
Beta update: v5.1.0001-beta-01, 15 Apr 2022:
-New feature: Friendly AIs will use "Victim is targeted" and the "Victim's shields are 25% or less" on player-owned NPC ships. I.e. Friendly AIs will only respond to your NPC's friendly fire against them if your NPCs have an attack order against them or if the friendly AI's shields are less than 25%. I discovered how this could be done on my work on my other mod, Attack AI Tweaks.
-Tweak: The debugging tool will show its result in the chat window. There's no need to enable the game to export debug logs. Simply open the chat window to test player-friendly-fire results. Read more in the section Debugging below.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 01:03

I had an issue with the Hacking Outcomes mod today - I wasn't able to "Log Out". The menu wouldn't go away. I was able to work around it by doing some things that I thought would shake it loose, like going to the map switching missions, and eventually I was able to escape the menu. (I clicked on the panel, engaged the hack, then used one of the menu options to get a mission. After that, I couldn't log out. I don't know if I would have been able to log out if I'd only hacked the panel.)

Additionally... and this may just be that I don't know what I should be doing... I wasn't sure that the thing I was trying to do (shut off station turrets) actually worked. I had a mission to sabotage three turrets on the station, which I assumed meant hacking the turret console, but when I did that, there was no change in mission state.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by kuertee » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 02:36

I’ll check Hacking Outcomes. It’s likely that it requires iforgotmysocks’s conversation mod that allows for more than 6 convo topics.

Re: the base game’s sabotage turret missions require destruction of turrets via bomb or simply shooting them.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 06:40

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 02:36
I’ll check Hacking Outcomes. It’s likely that it requires iforgotmysocks’s conversation mod that allows for more than 6 convo topics.
Ah! Ok. There were only two options (Log Out was assigned to 5), if that makes a difference.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 08:44

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 06:40
Ah! Ok. There were only two options (Log Out was assigned to 5), if that makes a difference.
Thank you. I'll have a look.

Hey, kmunoz, Have you accepted any Support Patrol/Raid missions of Emegent Missions mod recently? And did they reward you with cash after completion? Or did the debriefing report a cash reward value but the credits weren't transferred?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:18

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 08:44
kmunoz wrote:

Hey, kmunoz, Have you accepted any Support Patrol/Raid missions of Emergent Missions mod recently? And did they reward you with cash after completion? Or did the debriefing report a cash reward value but the credits weren't transferred?
I haven't. Recently the only mod-based mission I've taken was via a guild I joined (Bounty Hunter), some time after the issue with the hacking.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 18:23

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:18
kuertee wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 08:44
kmunoz wrote:

Hey, kmunoz, Have you accepted any Support Patrol/Raid missions of Emergent Missions mod recently? And did they reward you with cash after completion? Or did the debriefing report a cash reward value but the credits weren't transferred?
I haven't. Recently the only mod-based mission I've taken was via a guild I joined (Bounty Hunter), some time after the issue with the hacking.
no worries. thank you. i manged to check both Support Patrol/Raid AND Search and Destroy missions earlier tonight. and they're all working. :D One of the mod's users were saying that he was getting no reward.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 04:41

Question: How much in Credits would you pay to get full immunity on attacks against bounty hunting targets? I.e. What is the value of Relationship Points in Credits?

Bounty hunting is offered in my Emergent Missions mod's Search And Destroy missions. And if you also have my other mod, Reputations and Professions, installed, you get access to the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

In the current version, the guild offers a treaty with your target's faction to prevent them from retaliating against your attacks on the target. I.e. sector security will ignore the target's distress calls. The cost for this is about 150k or so depending on your relationship with the target's faction.

In my unreleased version, you can buy full immunity for your attacks. I.e. you won't get a penalty on your Relationship Points. How much would you pay for this? 1M?

The rewards for a successful Search And Destroy mission is about 2.6M for an L-sized target, depending on your relationship with their faction) + any bonus based on how many ships that target has destroyed (e.g. 380k for an M-sized ship).

Is preventing a drop of Relationship Points with the target's faction worth half the reward?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 18:22

I wonder if it would be interesting to have it done as a "kickback," where the value of every reward is reduced in exchange for immunity. Maybe the percentage kickback is dependent on your rep.

Otherwise I think you'll end up in a runaway condition where the price of the immunity eventually becomes negligible with respect to the player's bank account. $1M is a lot if I've only got $10M, but if I have $100M I wouldn't even bat an eye; it's effectively free immunity. (This is a problem that happens with things like faction licenses in vanilla as well, but in those cases, those licenses are part of the bootstrap that gets you to high bank account numbers, so you're more likely to take them when you have relatively less money.)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 1. May 22, 06:21

kmunoz wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 18:22
I wonder if it would be interesting to have it done as a "kickback," where the value of every reward is reduced in exchange for immunity. Maybe the percentage kickback is dependent on your rep.

Otherwise I think you'll end up in a runaway condition where the price of the immunity eventually becomes negligible with respect to the player's bank account. $1M is a lot if I've only got $10M, but if I have $100M I wouldn't even bat an eye; it's effectively free immunity. (This is a problem that happens with things like faction licenses in vanilla as well, but in those cases, those licenses are part of the bootstrap that gets you to high bank account numbers, so you're more likely to take them when you have relatively less money.)
yeah, the cost of full immunity (i.e. no retaliation against your attacks, and no relationship penalties on your attacks) for that one target is already dependent on your relationship with the target faction.

but i'm unsure of what you mean by "kickback". at the moment you simply buy either partial immunity (i.e. distress calls by your target will be ignored), or full immunity (partial immunity + no relationship penalties). and the cost is immediately deducted from your monies - regardless of whether you eventually succeed in destroying the target or not. i.e. you may not get rewarded because the target has been destroyed by another faction.

i don't really like to scale elements based on the player's successes - e.g. 100M in cash. any player who's earned that (whether normal play, or SETA overnight), deserves an easier play-through. it's the old argument in RPGs: scale enemies with the player so that seemingly-low level goblins are as strong as a level 20 knight, or don't scale enemies so that a level 20 knight can kill a goblin with a sneeze. :D

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 1. May 22, 19:40

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 06:21
but i'm unsure of what you mean by "kickback". at the moment you simply buy either partial immunity (i.e. distress calls by your target will be ignored), or full immunity (partial immunity + no relationship penalties). and the cost is immediately deducted from your monies - regardless of whether you eventually succeed in destroying the target or not.
Maybe I misunderstood how this works. Is the immunity per bounty, or permanent? If it's per bounty, then that's effectively what I was hoping for (same result, different mechanism).

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:33

Latest capship attack AI tweaks are awesome, I can finally don't babysit each and every destroyer! But I've noticed that my Behemoths with Plasma turrets do far less damage OOS compared toIS, like two order of magnitude less. IS 7 destroyers kil lstation in ~10-20 minutes, OOS they hadn't reached 70% in more than an hour. This mod is still much, much better than vanilla AI, but I think this issue worth looking into
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:54

leoriq wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 11:33
Latest capship attack AI tweaks are awesome, I can finally don't babysit each and every destroyer! But I've noticed that my Behemoths with Plasma turrets do far less damage OOS compared toIS, like two order of magnitude less. IS 7 destroyers kil lstation in ~10-20 minutes, OOS they hadn't reached 70% in more than an hour. This mod is still much, much better than vanilla AI, but I think this issue worth looking into
Capital ships in low attention follow the same behaviour rules as those in high attention. If they get close to their targets in low attention, they’ll move away if they get damaged exactly with the same rules as if they are in high attention.

And … as listed in the mod’s “What the mod doesn’t do” section of its description:
5. Increase the efficiency of attacks in low attention. Damages received and dealt in attacks in low attention are determined by the base game. I.e. ships could be in good attack ranges (and out of reach of their target's weapons) but still not deal the optimal damage per second.
I don’t want to try to change the damage dealt/received calculation of objects in low attention because these values are not in the aiscripts. I.e. the aiscripts don’t remove hull points from ships during combat. It’s likely handled internally by the exe. That is, of course, if I remember this correctly.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Tue, 3. May 22, 17:34

Must've missed that fifth point :) Well, what can I say? You mod makes IS station combat so awesome that vanilla OOS pales in comparison. Kudos!
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”