[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by kuertee » Sun, 1. May 22, 06:21

kmunoz wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 18:22
I wonder if it would be interesting to have it done as a "kickback," where the value of every reward is reduced in exchange for immunity. Maybe the percentage kickback is dependent on your rep.

Otherwise I think you'll end up in a runaway condition where the price of the immunity eventually becomes negligible with respect to the player's bank account. $1M is a lot if I've only got $10M, but if I have $100M I wouldn't even bat an eye; it's effectively free immunity. (This is a problem that happens with things like faction licenses in vanilla as well, but in those cases, those licenses are part of the bootstrap that gets you to high bank account numbers, so you're more likely to take them when you have relatively less money.)
yeah, the cost of full immunity (i.e. no retaliation against your attacks, and no relationship penalties on your attacks) for that one target is already dependent on your relationship with the target faction.

but i'm unsure of what you mean by "kickback". at the moment you simply buy either partial immunity (i.e. distress calls by your target will be ignored), or full immunity (partial immunity + no relationship penalties). and the cost is immediately deducted from your monies - regardless of whether you eventually succeed in destroying the target or not. i.e. you may not get rewarded because the target has been destroyed by another faction.

i don't really like to scale elements based on the player's successes - e.g. 100M in cash. any player who's earned that (whether normal play, or SETA overnight), deserves an easier play-through. it's the old argument in RPGs: scale enemies with the player so that seemingly-low level goblins are as strong as a level 20 knight, or don't scale enemies so that a level 20 knight can kill a goblin with a sneeze. :D
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 1. May 22, 19:40

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 06:21
but i'm unsure of what you mean by "kickback". at the moment you simply buy either partial immunity (i.e. distress calls by your target will be ignored), or full immunity (partial immunity + no relationship penalties). and the cost is immediately deducted from your monies - regardless of whether you eventually succeed in destroying the target or not.
Maybe I misunderstood how this works. Is the immunity per bounty, or permanent? If it's per bounty, then that's effectively what I was hoping for (same result, different mechanism).
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:33

Latest capship attack AI tweaks are awesome, I can finally don't babysit each and every destroyer! But I've noticed that my Behemoths with Plasma turrets do far less damage OOS compared toIS, like two order of magnitude less. IS 7 destroyers kil lstation in ~10-20 minutes, OOS they hadn't reached 70% in more than an hour. This mod is still much, much better than vanilla AI, but I think this issue worth looking into
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:54

leoriq wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 11:33
Latest capship attack AI tweaks are awesome, I can finally don't babysit each and every destroyer! But I've noticed that my Behemoths with Plasma turrets do far less damage OOS compared toIS, like two order of magnitude less. IS 7 destroyers kil lstation in ~10-20 minutes, OOS they hadn't reached 70% in more than an hour. This mod is still much, much better than vanilla AI, but I think this issue worth looking into
Capital ships in low attention follow the same behaviour rules as those in high attention. If they get close to their targets in low attention, they’ll move away if they get damaged exactly with the same rules as if they are in high attention.

And … as listed in the mod’s “What the mod doesn’t do” section of its description:
5. Increase the efficiency of attacks in low attention. Damages received and dealt in attacks in low attention are determined by the base game. I.e. ships could be in good attack ranges (and out of reach of their target's weapons) but still not deal the optimal damage per second.
I don’t want to try to change the damage dealt/received calculation of objects in low attention because these values are not in the aiscripts. I.e. the aiscripts don’t remove hull points from ships during combat. It’s likely handled internally by the exe. That is, of course, if I remember this correctly.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Tue, 3. May 22, 17:34

Must've missed that fifth point :) Well, what can I say? You mod makes IS station combat so awesome that vanilla OOS pales in comparison. Kudos!

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sat, 7. May 22, 10:39

I need help with another one: NPC construction vessels that I own keep offering me their service even though a builder is already assigned! Other faction builders perform perfectly, but my own keeps bugging be each time I make any adjustments to any of my build plans that already had assigned builders!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 7. May 22, 13:36

Oh, that’s likely a bug. Will check. Thanks for the report.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 7. May 22, 14:47

leoriq wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 10:39
I need help with another one: NPC construction vessels that I own keep offering me their service even though a builder is already assigned! Other faction builders perform perfectly, but my own keeps bugging be each time I make any adjustments to any of my build plans that already had assigned builders!
mind sending me a debug log?
instructions are listed in the mod's read-me and nexus page.
make sure the debug logging is enabled before you open the construction menu. i need to see what the mod is doing.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 8. May 22, 13:08

Is there any chance of an all-in-one package for these?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 8. May 22, 16:38

Lord Dakier wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 13:08
no, sorry. the best i can do is make the github repo public. the github repo has all my mods.
but i need to remove egosoft's base code from it first. i won't be able to get to this for a few days.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 8. May 22, 20:49

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 14:47
I set up everything and guess what - it stopped! I think it's related to a destroyed plot - I had that naggings while one of my def platforms got destroyed before it was started

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 9. May 22, 17:24

Lord Dakier wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 13:08
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 16:38
no, sorry. the best i can do is make the github repo public. the github repo has all my mods.
but i need to remove egosoft's base code from it first. i won't be able to get to this for a few days.
here you go. all my mods in one github repo: https://github.com/kuertee/x4-mods
to download: click code > download zip.

be warned that some mods will have versions that are newer than versions i actually released on nexus mods.
also, Accessibility Features (the mod for visually-impaired players) exist in the REPO even if it's not compatible with any of my mods - and very likely ANY other mod.
because of these points, support from me for the usage of this git repo will be limited.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 9. May 22, 17:26

leoriq wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 20:49
kuertee wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 14:47
I set up everything and guess what - it stopped! I think it's related to a destroyed plot - I had that naggings while one of my def platforms got destroyed before it was started
ahh yeah, that's the bug. i've found no way to differentiate between destroyed stations and stations that have yet to be built.
i'm working on a fix. no release for it yet.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Mon, 9. May 22, 21:12

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 9. May 22, 17:26
i've found no way to differentiate between destroyed stations and stations that have yet to be built.

Code: Select all

state="wreck"
is no help?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 10. May 22, 04:37

leoriq wrote:
Mon, 9. May 22, 21:12
kuertee wrote:
Mon, 9. May 22, 17:26
i've found no way to differentiate between destroyed stations and stations that have yet to be built.

Code: Select all

state="wreck"
is no help?
oh! yes, that may help. i'll have a look.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sun, 15. May 22, 17:25

Hey kuertee,

can you build this into your friendly fire mod so that drones and s-fighters don't cause reputation loss if they are accidentally killed by my turrets?
That they are sort of collateral damage?

It's really very difficult to help (friendly) stations and ships when you can't hit anything else but enemy ships.

I like flak and starburst turrets, but they also tend to oneshot a defense or repair drone^^

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 18. May 22, 03:50

Berni wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 17:25
Hey kuertee,

can you build this into your friendly fire mod so that drones and s-fighters don't cause reputation loss if they are accidentally killed by my turrets?
That they are sort of collateral damage?

It's really very difficult to help (friendly) stations and ships when you can't hit anything else but enemy ships.

I like flak and starburst turrets, but they also tend to oneshot a defense or repair drone^^
yeah, i'll check about destruction conditions. my friendly fire mod only prevents aggroo on friendly fire, not friendly kills. :D

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 18. May 22, 15:42

Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components.

The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields.

Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go.

Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too.

Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 18. May 22, 16:38

siath70 wrote:
Wed, 18. May 22, 15:42
Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components.

The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields.

Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go.

Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too.

Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.
ahhh yeah, good point! but yes, i experienced this but never thought about it. will investigate.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 22. May 22, 18:40

Episode V: Stupid AI Strikes Back
Show

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”