[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Berni
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by Berni » Sun, 15. May 22, 17:25

Hey kuertee,

can you build this into your friendly fire mod so that drones and s-fighters don't cause reputation loss if they are accidentally killed by my turrets?
That they are sort of collateral damage?

It's really very difficult to help (friendly) stations and ships when you can't hit anything else but enemy ships.

I like flak and starburst turrets, but they also tend to oneshot a defense or repair drone^^

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 15 Apr: Friendly Fire Tweaks beta: ignore player-owned NPC friendly fires

Post by kuertee » Wed, 18. May 22, 03:50

Berni wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 17:25
Hey kuertee,

can you build this into your friendly fire mod so that drones and s-fighters don't cause reputation loss if they are accidentally killed by my turrets?
That they are sort of collateral damage?

It's really very difficult to help (friendly) stations and ships when you can't hit anything else but enemy ships.

I like flak and starburst turrets, but they also tend to oneshot a defense or repair drone^^
yeah, i'll check about destruction conditions. my friendly fire mod only prevents aggroo on friendly fire, not friendly kills. :D
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 18. May 22, 15:42

Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components.

The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields.

Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go.

Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too.

Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 18. May 22, 16:38

siath70 wrote:
Wed, 18. May 22, 15:42
Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components.

The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields.

Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go.

Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too.

Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.
ahhh yeah, good point! but yes, i experienced this but never thought about it. will investigate.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 22. May 22, 18:40

Episode V: Stupid AI Strikes Back
Show
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 22. May 22, 19:15

leoriq wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 18:40
Episode V: Stupid AI Strikes Back
Show
:D

is that with the new 5.1.0008 version released a couple of hours ago?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 23. May 22, 17:27

Berni wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 17:25
Hey kuertee, can you build this into your friendly fire mod so that drones and s-fighters don't cause reputation loss if they are accidentally killed by my turrets?
That they are sort of collateral damage? It's really very difficult to help (friendly) stations and ships when you can't hit anything else but enemy ships. I like flak and starburst turrets, but they also tend to oneshot a defense or repair drone^^
i didn't do this. but the new update has a bug-fix that may address the issue indirectly - and minimise this issue.
siath70 wrote:
Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components. The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields. Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go. Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too. Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.
i didn't do this because as i thought about it more ... i think the player should get penalised for disabling a ship or station.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 23 May: Updates x 11 mods: Missions, Reputations, Citizenships, etc.

Post by kuertee » Mon, 23. May 22, 17:28

Updates, 23 May 2022
Alternatives to death v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Spoiler
Show
  • New feature: New alternative: Warp to nearest friendly station. No penalty. By default, this alternative is disabled. Enable it in the Extension Options.
  • New feature: When you plan to uninstall the mod, save the game from the Options menu. Games saved from the Options menu do not have the player ship's invulnerability. It is safe to uninstall the mod at these saves. Otherwise, when the mod is uninstalled, the player's ship will be invulnerable.
Auto-camera, auto-pilot, and auto-pause v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
Spoiler
Show
  • Bug-fix: Docking cutscenes require the assigned dock to be external.
Crime has consequencess v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
Spoiler
Show
  • New feature: Support for full sactioned attacks on Search And Destroy missions from Emergent Missions mod and Reputations And Professions mod.
  • Bug-fix: Crimes by your AI ships in low attention were getting ignored.
  • Tweak: When the option to attribute crimes to the ship's commander also applies to victims. I.e. attacks on wingmen will be considered attack on their commander.
  • Tweak: Attack times for self-defense determination are now from AIScripts instead of from MD events.
Emergent missions v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/780
Spoiler
Show
  • New feature: Support for full immunity from Reputations and Professions to prevent relationship points penalties on Search And Destroy targets.
  • Tweak: Better enemy target selection given to the player.
  • Bug-fix: Mission targets and kill list clean up.
  • Bug-fix: Completed Support Patrol/Raid missions were restarting when a new enemy target is found after completion.
  • Bug-fix: Mission NPC spawning on ships even if the option to force them to spawn on stations is set.
  • Bug-fix: Mission NPC not moving when the station or ship they are on is attacked.
  • Bug-fix: Search And Destroy limiter was broken.
  • Bug-ifx: Id code on nav beacons were incorrect.
Friendly fire tweaks v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/708
Spoiler
Show
  • Bug-fix: Stations were not ignoring friendly fire. Bug introduced in 5.0.0013, 30 Mar 2022.
  • New feature: Friendly AIs will use "Victim is targeted" and the "Victim's shields are 25% or less" on player-owned NPC ships. I.e. Friendly AIs will only respond to your NPC's friendly fire against them if your NPCs have an attack order against them or if their shields are less than 25%. I discovered how this could be done on my work on my other mod, Attack AI Tweaks .
  • Tweak: The debugging tool will show its result in the chat window. There's no need to enable the game to export debug logs. Simply open the chat window to test player-friendly-fire results. Read more in the section Debugging below.
KUDA AI tweaks v5.1.0008: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/839
Spoiler
Show
  • Bug-fix: Weapon counts on stations were 0 even if they had turrets.
  • Tweak: Force L and XL ships to always move to engage position on stations even if their low DPS is not considered high-risk. I.e. they might still have high-damage plasma turrets.
  • New feature/Extension Options: Separated weapon/turret count threshold on when to attack for ship and station targets. By default, S ships attack when attackers count more than 25% the weapon/turret count of ship targets and when more than 75% the weapon/turret count of station targets. M ships attack at the previous defaults of 50% for ship targets and 75% for station targets.
  • New feature/Extension Options: Separated the options for L and XL ship's avoidance behaviour against ship and station targets. By default L and XL ships avoid high-risk ships and high-risk stations.
NPC reactions v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Spoiler
Show
  • Tweak: Taxis: When asking to fly to the nearest shipyard/wharf, allow stations owned by enemies of the player.
  • Bug-fix: Taxis were accepting the job even if the player can't afford the fee.
  • Bug-fix: NPC Construction Ships does not ask to build your stations that have been destroyed.
Reputations and professions v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
Spoiler
Show
  • New feature: Guild network texts in ui. E.g.: The Guild Network is unavailable at this station., etc.
  • New feature: Full sanctions on attacks on Search And Destroy targets, preventing relationship penalties with their factions.
  • Tweak: Better sorting in the Reputations menu.
  • Bug-fix: Calculation to get best and next best scores.
  • Bug-fix: Shipwright mission descriptions differentiates between attack and commercial ship orders.
  • Bug-fix: For immunity convo, do not check active Search And Destroy missions if none active.
Social standings and citizenships v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/804
Spoiler
Show
  • Bug-fix: The percentages of Social Standing scores were getting rounded down to the whole number incorrectly.
  • Tweak: Bounty hunter events from Reputations and Professions counted as Ranger events.
  • Bug-fix: Destroyed stations were not getting removed from the faction data.
  • Tweak: On Crime Has Consequences events, do not add piracy points to not double-up the relationship penalty caused by the crime.
  • Bug-fix: Calc get best and next best.
  • Bug-fix: Trade data for player entrepreneur points and trade data for player-owned stations.
Waypoint fields for deployments v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585
Spoiler
Show
  • Tweak: Better collect deployables in range.
UI: Trade analytics v5.1.0009: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764
Spoiler
Show
  • TNew feature: Totals.
  • New feature: New filters: (1) combined Sales, Purchases, Mining, (2) to/from faction X, (3) By ware X.
  • Tweak: By default, the analytics are listed By All Wares. Previously, they were listed By Totals which combined entries of the same ware. In this new version, wares are listed - and so trading partners that both sold or bought different wares from the subject factory or subject ship will be listed several times, one for each ware.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Mon, 23. May 22, 17:58

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 23. May 22, 17:27
siath70 wrote:
Something I would like to see is the ability to remove or reduce the silly rep loss on destroying components. The components are repairable it's not like they're gone for good. Very annoying to kill an engine get a rep loss, then they repair it and you get another rep loss for killing it again. Same goes for turrets and shields. Some ships have a lot of components which can tank your rep in one go. Be nice to be able to turn this function off or on if you want too. Also wanted to say thanks for all the work and I love the scripts.
i didn't do this because as i thought about it more ... i think the player should get penalised for disabling a ship or station.
Cool, just seems silly to me that you get tagged for attacking a target and they tag you for each thing you destroy. However, if I attack an object and destroy no components and kill the ship, I do not get in trouble for destroying all the components. To me that makes little to no sense.

But thanks for looking into it :)

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 23 May: Updates x 11 mods: Missions, Reputations, Citizenships, etc.

Post by Mycu » Mon, 23. May 22, 18:09

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 23. May 22, 17:28
Updates, 23 May 2022
My favorite update galore day :)
Thanks kuertee!
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Wed, 25. May 22, 18:13

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 19:15
No, 5.1.0007. You need to up your game and start to release new versions just hours before I update to previous one, not after :D

Great work!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 25. May 22, 18:25

leoriq wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 18:13
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 19:15
No, 5.1.0007. You need to up your game and start to release new versions just hours before I update to previous one, not after :D

Great work!
:D

Let me know if it happens again. I think that bug occurs when the ship is ordered to attack a station that is in another sector. The bearing/heading of the station to the ship is invalid when they are in different sectors. The position for the "Move to engage position" was sometimes on the other side of the station.

I added code in the 5.1.0008 version that rechecks the ship's location when they enter a new sector or zone (smaller than a sector, and is invisible to the player). I can't remember which. Hopefully, that fixes the bug.

Let me know if it happens again, please.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Wed, 25. May 22, 18:43

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 18:25
I think that bug occurs when the ship is ordered to attack a station that is in another sector. The bearing/heading of the station to the ship is invalid when they are in different sectors.
yes, they were in different sectors.

Another issue - looks like UI: Trade analytics conflicts with Immediate Orders, if both mods are installed then Immediate Orders don't appear on right-click menu

tested on new game without any other mods except pre-requisites. Logs:
both mods
Immediate Orders only

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 23 May: Updates x 11 mods, 26 May: HSRL: buy black marketeer contacts

Post by kuertee » Wed, 25. May 22, 19:38

Updates, 26 May 2022
High-security rooms are locked v5.1.0010: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
  • New feature: Buy black marketeer contacts in adjacent sectors from black marketeers. You need to find a black marketeer before you can buy the mission signal of other black marketeers.
It sounds like a cheat, but it's not.
E.g.: If you have a mission to hack a terminal 3 sectors away from a black marketeer (who you've already unlocked), you still need to buy 3 signal leaks, scan them, do their mission, and then buy the security key to the terminal's high-sec room.
OR
Spend time finding the black marketeer in that sector.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 27. May 22, 10:28

leoriq wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 18:43
Another issue - looks like UI: Trade analytics conflicts with Immediate Orders, if both mods are installed then Immediate Orders don't appear on right-click menu

tested on new game without any other mods except pre-requisites. Logs:
both mods
Immediate Orders only
Sorry, I just noticed this message now.
Anyway ...
It's more that G Workaround And Right Click API (Immediate Order's prerequisite) is not compatible with Sir Nuke's Mod Support API (my mods' prerequisites).

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 23 May: 11 updates, 26 May: HSRL: buy blkmarketr contacts, 27 May: Bug-fi

Post by kuertee » Fri, 27. May 22, 10:29

Updates, 27 May 2022
UI Extensions and HUD v5.1.0011: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
  • Bug-fix: Removed an FPS killer. Thanks to Mycu for finding the problem.
KUDA AI tweaks v5.1.00081: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/839
  • Bug-fix: Avoid high-risk Extension Options was getting ignored by the aiscript.
Reputations and professions v5.1.00091: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
  • Bug-fix: Changes to some of the Extension Options were not sticking.
Social standings and citizenships v5.1.00091: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/804
  • Bug-fix: Changes to some of the Extension Options were not sticking.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 27. May 22, 12:40

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 10:28
It's more that G Workaround And Right Click API (Immediate Order's prerequisite) is not compatible with Sir Nuke's Mod Support API (my mods' prerequisites).
I have

Code: Select all

Immediate Orders
G Workaround And Right Click API
Sir Nuke's Mod Support API
installed simultaneously - and everything works. Troubles start only when I add UI: Trade analytics

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 27. May 22, 17:33

leoriq wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 12:40
kuertee wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 10:28
I have

Immediate Orders
G Workaround And Right Click API
Sir Nuke's Mod Support API
installed simultaneously - and everything works. Troubles start only when I add UI: Trade analytics
Yeah, because until a mod explicitly uses any of Mod Support API's functions, Mod Support APIs is "dormant".
I had a look at G Workaround, and it looks like it rewrites the Interact Menu. It's likely that any mod that adds right-click commands with Mod Support APIs (e.g. KUDA AI Tweaks) will be incompatible with G Workaround.
Do the right-click commands added by KUDA work with Immediate Orders? Do my other mods with new custom UI menus work with Immediate Orders?
This is what suggests to me that G Workaround is overwriting the Interact menu:
Spoiler
Show

capi.config = {
	layer = 3,
	width = 260,
	rowHeight = 16,
	entryFontSize = Helper.standardFontSize,
	entryX = 3,
	mouseOutRange = 100,
	border = 5,
	subsectionDelay = 0.5,

sections = {
		{ id = "main",					text = "",						isorder = false },
		{ id = "interaction",			text = ReadText(1001, 7865),	isorder = false },
		{ id = "hiringbuilderoption",	text = "",						isorder = false,	subsections = {
			{ id = "hiringbuilder",	text = ReadText(1001, 7873) },
		}},
		{ id = "trade",					text = ReadText(1001, 7104),	isorder = false },
		{ id = "playersquad_orders",	text = ReadText(1001, 1002),	isorder = false },	-- Broadcast

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 27. May 22, 18:52

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 17:33
Yeah, because until a mod explicitly uses any of Mod Support API's functions, Mod Support APIs is "dormant".
I had a look at G Workaround, and it looks like it rewrites the Interact Menu. It's likely that any mod that adds right-click commands with Mod Support APIs (e.g. KUDA AI Tweaks) will be incompatible with G Workaround.
Do the right-click commands added by KUDA work with Immediate Orders? Do my other mods with new custom UI menus work with Immediate Orders?

I have a dozen of extensions that depend on Mod Support APIs installed and working, including five of yours, they all work fine, the only issue is with Analytics
This is how it looks, both KUDA and Immediate Orders commands are present:
Image .............. Image

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 23 May: 11 updates, 26 May: HSRL: buy blkmarketr contacts, 27 May: Bug-fi

Post by kuertee » Fri, 27. May 22, 18:57

so weird, eh, considering that trade analytics only adds a new menu in the transaction log - which has no connection with the Interact Menu at all?
Willhave a look

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”