[MOD]Employee Variety v1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[MOD]Employee Variety v1.2

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 16:21

Simple mod that gives you more control over the chance to acquire certain types of employees. You can make it so all employees are male or female, or you could change the chance that your employees will be male or female to whatever you want. You can also choose which race you want more of or what models you want more of, etc. Make whatever combination you want.

Open the libraries folder and edit the charactergroups.xml file in there with notepad++ or some other editor. Easy to configure, just follow instructions in there and there are also some examples. Everything is set to 0 (unless there are already defaults in there) so you need to change the numbers.

Employee Variety V 1.2

Warnoise

Re: [MOD] Human Employee Variety

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 11:12

Is it possible to add racial preferences? For example I want all my employees to be Paranid

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 04:18

Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 11:12
Is it possible to add racial preferences? For example I want all my employees to be Paranid
It is possible, but not with this version. I only edited humans here. You want there to be all Paranids though? Like on every station, even other races? lol If you mean just on your own stations, well I didn't do that with this. I would need to edit a different file.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:03

Yeah i mean my own stations/ships. It is mainly for RP purpose though :p

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 15:01

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 04:18
Warnoise wrote:
It is possible, but not with this version. I only edited humans here. You want there to be all Paranids though? Like on every station, even other races? lol If you mean just on your own stations, well I didn't do that with this. I would need to edit a different file.
What file would that be? I only build the one type of habitation modules on my stations, and if I remember correctly, before 3.0 (I stopped playing for a while >.> ), your employees would be at least 90%, if not all, of the race of the available habitation modules, but now I see a whole hodgepodge of them, and I just want the one
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 17:01

argon_emperor wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 15:01
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 04:18
Warnoise wrote:
What file would that be? I only build the one type of habitation modules on my stations, and if I remember correctly, before 3.0 (I stopped playing for a while >.> ), your employees would be at least 90%, if not all, of the race of the available habitation modules, but now I see a whole hodgepodge of them, and I just want the one
Yeah, I removed other races from my stations lol. I only want Humans on my stations! Well at least for hiring employees. It is different to change who is walking around on your station. I would have to look into it as I don't remember exactly. I think NPC_instantiation.xml is the file though

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 07:01

Oh god, I tried looking at that, I don't even know what I'm looking at really XD That level of coding is sadly beyond me. Though if I'm reading it right, the area we need is around the line 1130 mark? No idea how I would need to change it though
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

duders
x4

Post by duders » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 13:50

Pretty soon mods like this will be deemed a "Hate Crime". Thank god that time is not yet.
Thx for the mod, I love it

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:43

Really? Why would this mod be deemed a hate crime? I only made it so that anyone could easily edit what they like from the variety of human employees lol. What you do with it is up to you. If what you are saying ever became a reality then I hope it is long after I am dead.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD]Employee Variety

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:24

I have updated this and changed the name to EMPLOYEE VARIETY. This now covers all races and factions that you can recruit employees for. Follow the instructions within to change your preferences.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD]Employee Variety

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 20:35

Employee Variety v1.1

1) Fixed a minor mistake that was stopping this from working.

flatbush71

Re: [MOD]Employee Variety v1.1

Post by flatbush71 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 03:12

BR, Ole Buck here
Long time no talk
Great stuff your making, looking forward to using some of it.
Any idea what it will do with mid game install ?
I've got v1.1 set up like I want it, was just wondering what it would do.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 03:25

flatbush71 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 03:12
BR, Ole Buck here
Long time no talk
Great stuff your making, looking forward to using some of it.
Any idea what it will do with mid game install ?
I've got v1.1 set up like I want it, was just wondering what it would do.
Hello, this mod just lets you fool around with the variety if employees you would like to see more or less of. Any race or gender can be reduced or increased by following the instructions. It doesn't matter when you put this mod in and you can take it out at any time. It only affects the chance of hiring the employees you want. So if you want to hire 50 % Asians, 25% Caucasians, etc. then you can do that. If you want more Males or more Females, you can increase or decrease the chance. This is when you are buying new ships or upgrading existing ships and adding crew through the buy/upgrade menu.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 03:36

Ok , thanks, just going forward then.
Owned ships and stations will stay the same.
Them Three Eyed guys scare my old dog when they turn around in the pilot seat.
He's an X watcher too
I'll put it in now.
Thanks for the quick answer !!

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:32

Thanks for the mod. We need these mods IMO. I generally play as a certain race or faction and it really irks me when I have multiple different races on my stations or ships. It's funny because Egosoft even has plot elements revolving around such things yet we have no recourse or options to set these up.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:34

Thanks for the mod and comments in the code. Makes it easy to understand. What drives me nuts is not having a visual repository to know which macros look like what with whichever clothing. That of course is no fault of yours, but if there's something to reference it would make it easier to decide which macros I want, or which ones to avoid.

Again, thank you for the mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 19:09

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:34
Thanks for the mod and comments in the code. Makes it easy to understand. What drives me nuts is not having a visual repository to know which macros look like what with whichever clothing. That of course is no fault of yours, but if there's something to reference it would make it easier to decide which macros I want, or which ones to avoid.

Again, thank you for the mod.
There is another file in there that has all the macros in it, but no way to know exactly which is which (for clothing and such). At least without a lot of trial and error, of course I don't plan to do that lol. At least for most of the NPC's the clothing is relatively the same per faction.

chasepack
x4

Post by chasepack » Sun, 2. May 21, 05:29

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:43
Really? Why would this mod be deemed a hate crime? I only made it so that anyone could easily edit what they like from the variety of human employees lol. What you do with it is up to you. If what you are saying ever became a reality then I hope it is long after I am dead.
well.. with the advent of the internet... theres a tad too many sensitive voices in the world... its not that cultural inclusion, diversity is a bad thing... bias/exclusion is a bad thing.
its just annoying to have it shoved in the face time and again
anyways, that digresses from this topic.

Love the work! i can finally not suck dry faction shipyards/wharfs by ordering crew there... lol...

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Thu, 6. May 21, 14:49

Just want to clarify something...are the settings in the mod already at vanilla values? meaning if i download and not edit anything it will be the same as vanilla until i change something, i couldn't make up my mind just looking at the description and want to be sure because i only want a couple small things changed in my game.
'Coming like a train baby'
'Choo choo'

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 6. May 21, 21:00

Baconnaise wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:32
Thanks for the mod. We need these mods IMO. I generally play as a certain race or faction and it really irks me when I have multiple different races on my stations or ships. It's funny because Egosoft even has plot elements revolving around such things yet we have no recourse or options to set these up.
Hello, Only the ones that say "Default Value" and have numbers already in them are from vanilla. Actually in vanila, all the human races do not have chance in them at all. Chance is removed and it is just whatever you get. I put in chance="0" and you just need to change the 0 to whatever you want. If you don't want it to change anything at all, you can just comment out whatever you don't want.

For example:

<!--<replace sel="//characters/character[@name='argon.service']">
<character name="argon.service">
<select macro="character_argon_male_dyn_overall_crew_01_macro" weight="0" />
<select macro="character_argon_female_dyn_overall_crew_01_macro" weight="0"/>
</character>
</replace>-->

Will comment this out and it nothing will be changed. It will just remain whatever vanilla is.

The teladi and Paranid ones are same as vanilla so u don't need to do anything with those at all if you want it to remain vanilla values.

However, all others are set to 0 by default with this mod and you can just change the 0's or comment out whatever you want to comment out. The <!-- --> are what comment things out.

I should write better instructions in there but I just was too lazy.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”