Radio

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TouchMyNipple
x4

Radio

Post by TouchMyNipple » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 20:53

Hello fellow pilots!

I wonder why noone ever came up with the idea... But the space is rather quiet and boring place, considering no sound waves or whatsoever.
That's why i wonder if anyone attempted to make a radio mod or something? ) Or it's not possible to execute with just modders efforts?
Haste-whip TrixX!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Radio

Post by euclid » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 20:46

In previous X Games there was radio chatter but a substantial number of player found that rather irritating. Hence someone made a mod to get rid of it. However, if you have a radio music station mind then we have a problem with broadcasting rights unless it's your own music. But you always can make a radio music station for yourself without any restrictions if you do not publish the mod.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 05:30

Hello!

I would like to join the silence callers. It can be very annoying to listen to the nonsense coming from the radio. Especially when you just want to build and you are standing somewhere in an empty field with SETA.

Please! Whoever can change this!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 09:51

Ask and JupiterK delivers:
Own Radio Stations mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/544
"Gives you the ability to listen to local MP3s and online streamed radio in-game."
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:39

Szines Geza wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 05:30
Hello!

I would like to join the silence callers. It can be very annoying to listen to the nonsense coming from the radio. Especially when you just want to build and you are standing somewhere in an empty field with SETA.

Please! Whoever can change this!
Should be a game option in sounds imo.. "enable immersive radio chatter".
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”