[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.3

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 00:15

Version 2.3
1) Fixed an issue with mining ships which were not assigned to stations sometimes not being able to ever find something to mine. Basically I changed the range to include the entire universe available (or it should be that way).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.3

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:24

Version 2.4
1) Really fixed mining ships from corporations now. Last fix wasn't working, but I have now fixed the issue. All mining ships should work correctly. However, please keep in mind that existing mining ships in the game owned by corporations may not be working correctly. You could use the cheat mod to destroy these ships if you find them (you will see them just constantly flying around a wharf or shipyard). All newly built mining ships will work correctly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26

I think as of this moment, the mod is basically complete. Everything should be fixed and working correctly and I have no plans to change the mod. Let me know if you find any issues. I may do another corporation mod which does more than this, but I am still just thinking about it. Let me know if you have any ideas or things you would think would be cool or interesting if I were to do something else with corporations.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:16

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26
I think as of this moment, the mod is basically complete. Everything should be fixed and working correctly and I have no plans to change the mod. Let me know if you find any issues. I may do another corporation mod which does more than this, but I am still just thinking about it. Let me know if you have any ideas or things you would think would be cool or interesting if I were to do something else with corporations.
Thank you. I lkie how the corps have to start from scratch, it really does make the universe feel mor alive and dynaimc instead of having them in your face from the beginning.

I don't know if game mechanics support this but here's a suggestion for another mod:

FOCW - Corporate Takeover - The player and npc corporations can use marines to take ownership of another station.

1. The number of marines required would be related to the station's defense rating (not sure how you'd figure this). The % chance for success would never be 100%.
2. Marines cannot be launched while the station's shields are above 0%
3. Reputation is obviously effected BUT there is a random "saving" roll to see if some of the corporations allied with the target DO NOT become hostile to you
4. The NPC stations can do all the above to the player even if they are not enemies. This might be triggered if you begin selling items the npc corporation already sells in a sector, or by military might.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:26

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:16
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26
Thank you. I lkie how the corps have to start from scratch, it really does make the universe feel mor alive and dynaimc instead of having them in your face from the beginning.

I don't know if game mechanics support this but here's a suggestion for another mod:

FOCW - Corporate Takeover - The player and npc corporations can use marines to take ownership of another station.

1. The number of marines required would be related to the station's defense rating (not sure how you'd figure this). The % chance for success would never be 100%.
2. Marines cannot be launched while the station's shields are above 0%
3. Reputation is obviously effected BUT there is a random "saving" roll to see if some of the corporations allied with the target DO NOT become hostile to you
4. The NPC stations can do all the above to the player even if they are not enemies. This might be triggered if you begin selling items the npc corporation already sells in a sector, or by military might.
It is of course possible, in CWIR Mod (my mod for Rebirth) we had station boarding. Both for the player and npc factions. However, it was a very difficult thing to implement and took a lot of time to do it (it was actually done by Rubini who made CWIR with me). Not sure if I will do it but it is something I could look into if I ever feel bored lol.

magitsu
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 21:46

CWIR (and CWIR NF) is a great mod. For example the salvage gameplay (still quite interesting even compared to X4's mechanic). The main problem for me was that it took so long to build even one station in XR. Overall great "proto-X4" experience.

IratusAvis
x4

Post by IratusAvis » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 11:45

The corporation freighters in my new gamestart are only patrolling. No freighter is trading.

I'm using your mod with some personal adjustments, but I don't think it should effect the trading.

Do you have an idea where the problem could be?
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - GPU: Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB - RAM: 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 15:52

IratusAvis wrote:
Sun, 10. Jul 22, 11:45
The corporation freighters in my new gamestart are only patrolling. No freighter is trading.

I'm using your mod with some personal adjustments, but I don't think it should effect the trading.

Do you have an idea where the problem could be?
Well that would depend on what you adjusted. I need more information. I know for a fact it works so something you did must be causing the issue I guess.

IratusAvis
x4

Post by IratusAvis » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 23:07

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 10. Jul 22, 15:52
Well that would depend on what you adjusted. I need more information. I know for a fact it works so something you did must be causing the issue I guess.
Thanks for your reply!

I found it! My changes in factions.xml caused this. If an argon corporation has a relation value of "1" to ARG, its freighters do not trade. If I change it to something like "0.67" it works again. Same for the other corporations and their main factions.
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - GPU: Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB - RAM: 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:03

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, it is in connection with your mod, it proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides,

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 17:27

Should be a core feature in X4 IMO. Is it X without corps? Nay...

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:41

Will you update this mod ? I would love to see corps added for Boron and maybe Terrans ?

thank you for your work

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:59

Bozz11 wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:41
Will you update this mod ? I would love to see corps added for Boron and maybe Terrans ?

thank you for your work
I will update eventually but not right now.

Gallows
x3tc

Post by Gallows » Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15

When you do decide to update, could you look at the use of Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir? It is interfering with Extended Conversations mod which then conflicts with any mod using the Extended Conversations mod. I love your mod, but I find Extended Conversations mod is a necessity.

In any case, whatever you decide, thanks for your time.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 01:16

Gallows wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15
When you do decide to update, could you look at the use of Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir? It is interfering with Extended Conversations mod which then conflicts with any mod using the Extended Conversations mod. I love your mod, but I find Extended Conversations mod is a necessity.

I have never used Extended conversations mod and I don't know what it is either. What exactly is the issue? Can you explain with details please. I will then look into making them compatible.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 6. May 23, 02:16

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 01:16
Gallows wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15

I have never used Extended conversations mod and I don't know what it is either. What exactly is the issue? Can you explain with details please. I will then look into making them compatible.

I don't use the EC mod but it seems like it wants to allow multiple mods to use the same conversation tree...
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/382

Allows all mods using it to join their starting conversations in a browsable section, so technically infinite mods can be added by only taking up 1 conversation slot for any npc. (Feel free to add support to ur own mods aswell)

1. A conversation starts
2. All mods check their conditions of their default conversation, and if those are met, register a table entry with a cue path to the ECM's conversation Table, instead of just adding a <player_conversation_choice_sub/>, which will be handled later.
3. The ECM (Extended Conversation Menu) now checks if mods have registered in the table. If so, the combined ECM is displayed. If only 1 mod registered, then the conversation option for the mod is being called directly to avoid extra nesting. If no mods have registered, the ECM option won't be displayed.
4. Now the ECM builds a browsable section and lets all mods add their conversation options themselfs by signaling the previously provided cue in their table entry.
5. The user selects an entry, which was previously added by calling your mod's own cue and the now called section is back in your mod, so the ball is passed back to your mod and it continues as usual.

language
x4

Post by language » Sat, 6. May 23, 06:58

Hey any news on the compatibility with extended conversations mod? someone also has posted on my mod (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=453425) about it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2961007180
Spoiler
Show
Blackglass Sand Vor
Yes I have an updated version of the mod. More precisely it is FOCW Corp revised. The reason is (I'm guessing) it intigrates Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir which I think is interfering with ExtendedConversation mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:06

language wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 06:58
Hey any news on the compatibility with extended conversations mod? someone also has posted on my mod (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=453425) about it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2961007180
Spoiler
Show
Blackglass Sand Vor
Yes I have an updated version of the mod. More precisely it is FOCW Corp revised. The reason is (I'm guessing) it intigrates Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir which I think is interfering with ExtendedConversation mod.
You can just delete the dynamicwarconversations.xml in the md folder of the FOCWCorporations mod for now I guess. This will fix the compatibility issues by removing the dialogue stuff. I will look into the extended conversation menu

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:32

I am working on the compatibility now with the extended conversation menu, just doing some testing make sure everything works.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.5

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:40

Version 2.5
1) Compatibility of Extended Conversation Menu mod.

Just redownload the mod, it should work fine now. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”