[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.90

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 14:10

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 14:07
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 03:23
Well, I can say that the mod doesn't touch any of the vanilla ships so the fact that a vanilla ship is missing shields and turrets would be something not related to this mod. Which may imply that the fact that the corporate ship doesn't have them is also not related to this mod. This is just speculation. Anyway, I am currently playing the game and I have yet to see any corporate ships with no orders, but I will keep looking.
I'm inclined to agree. The only unique thing about the Corporate ships is that they suffer from both missing equipment and having no orders, whereas the Argon ship did have orders. As it's a vanilla ship I don't think it's in any way linked to any of the ship mods I use. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can find more of a pattern to this. I've only encountered four such ships so far, one at the ANT Shipyard and now three at the ARG (Argon Prime) shipyard. I'll place satellites at other shipyards and check them out.

Thanks DeadAirRT, I assumed that's some built-in loadout level that can be assigned to ship build? So, Level 0 used to be like the "low" preset (for example) but now it's basically nothing but engines?
loadout level controls the quantity and quality of modules the ship uses (please for the love of god separate this egosoft). Each module also has a threshold level that the loadout level must be above in order to use. There are definitely threshold 0 engines/shields/weapons but from the recent bugfixes for fallen families ships, it would seem a loadout of 0 can sometimes fail to add anything.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.90

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 14:50

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 14:07
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 03:23
Well, I can say that the mod doesn't touch any of the vanilla ships so the fact that a vanilla ship is missing shields and turrets would be something not related to this mod. Which may imply that the fact that the corporate ship doesn't have them is also not related to this mod. This is just speculation. Anyway, I am currently playing the game and I have yet to see any corporate ships with no orders, but I will keep looking.
I'm inclined to agree. The only unique thing about the Corporate ships is that they suffer from both missing equipment and having no orders, whereas the Argon ship did have orders. As it's a vanilla ship I don't think it's in any way linked to any of the ship mods I use. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can find more of a pattern to this. I've only encountered four such ships so far, one at the ANT Shipyard and now three at the ARG (Argon Prime) shipyard. I'll place satellites at other shipyards and check them out.

Thanks DeadAirRT, I assumed that's some built-in loadout level that can be assigned to ship build? So, Level 0 used to be like the "low" preset (for example) but now it's basically nothing but engines?
Okay, I looked through the ships and the loadouts were set to min = 0. So, I will change all those and hopefully that will solve the loadout issue. Now, for the missing orders, is this only in trade ships you saw? I found something which could potentially be the issue so I will upload a fix shortly. This won't fix already existing ships that have the problem though, but hopefully it shouldn't happen anymore. It will need testing though.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.0

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 15:47

Version 2.0
1) Should have fixed issue with trade ships with no loadout.
2) Hopefully fixed issue with some trade ships having no orders (please let me know if you still see it happening).
These two fixes will only work on new ships built, not existing ones!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 18:21

Nice. I'll download and check it out.

Note: I did see an unarmed Military ship once - it was a Minotaur Vanguard - I actually went for a ride on it to see if it'd perhaps go somewhere else for outfitting. It didn't and flew around acting as if it had weapons, doing attack runs and the like. That was very early-game, and I'd forgotten it until now.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 18:38

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 18:21
Nice. I'll download and check it out.

Note: I did see an unarmed Military ship once - it was a Minotaur Vanguard - I actually went for a ride on it to see if it'd perhaps go somewhere else for outfitting. It didn't and flew around acting as if it had weapons, doing attack runs and the like. That was very early-game, and I'd forgotten it until now.
They are supposed to upgrade periodically regardless, but it is dumb to have ships with no weapons and such to begin with lol.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 19:58

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 18:38
They are supposed to upgrade periodically regardless, but it is dumb to have ships with no weapons and such to begin with lol.
Well, I thought if the station has good supplies for building the basic hull, but no Turret or Shield components, it *might* be clever enough to outfit elsewhere...but I think I was expecting too much lol.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.1

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 22:52

Version 2.1
1) Fixed a major issue I didn't realize existed with the modules.xml file. Certain modules weren't given the right factions causing stations to not be built correctly. Also, some might be missing storage modules. This has been fixed, stations should now construct correctly and there may be large stations built (with up to 10 production modules).

Existing stations will not be fixed by this, only newly constructed stations will be correct. The worst issue that could exist is if there is a corporation station without storage module (but this shouldn't be very common, maybe just a few). Also all stations already built will most likely only have 1 production module (all new stations will have anywhere from 1 to 10).

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 01:15

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 22:52
Version 2.1
Corps building stations too far away from the sector center. One station is 7000+ km far away.

https://i.imgur.com/Q8Bk1Vt.png
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 2. Jul 22, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 02:14

I have never seen that happen even once lol. Also, I checked the code again to make sure and it isn't possible for a station to be built that far out there if what I am seeing is correct so I have no clue how that happened. Let me know if it happens again (and I check by revealing map at all times to make sure).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.2

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 20:07

Version 2.2
1) Fixed issue with mining ships, mining ships were not be assigned to stations correctly, should be fixed now.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.3

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 00:15

Version 2.3
1) Fixed an issue with mining ships which were not assigned to stations sometimes not being able to ever find something to mine. Basically I changed the range to include the entire universe available (or it should be that way).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.3

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:24

Version 2.4
1) Really fixed mining ships from corporations now. Last fix wasn't working, but I have now fixed the issue. All mining ships should work correctly. However, please keep in mind that existing mining ships in the game owned by corporations may not be working correctly. You could use the cheat mod to destroy these ships if you find them (you will see them just constantly flying around a wharf or shipyard). All newly built mining ships will work correctly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26

I think as of this moment, the mod is basically complete. Everything should be fixed and working correctly and I have no plans to change the mod. Let me know if you find any issues. I may do another corporation mod which does more than this, but I am still just thinking about it. Let me know if you have any ideas or things you would think would be cool or interesting if I were to do something else with corporations.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:16

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26
I think as of this moment, the mod is basically complete. Everything should be fixed and working correctly and I have no plans to change the mod. Let me know if you find any issues. I may do another corporation mod which does more than this, but I am still just thinking about it. Let me know if you have any ideas or things you would think would be cool or interesting if I were to do something else with corporations.
Thank you. I lkie how the corps have to start from scratch, it really does make the universe feel mor alive and dynaimc instead of having them in your face from the beginning.

I don't know if game mechanics support this but here's a suggestion for another mod:

FOCW - Corporate Takeover - The player and npc corporations can use marines to take ownership of another station.

1. The number of marines required would be related to the station's defense rating (not sure how you'd figure this). The % chance for success would never be 100%.
2. Marines cannot be launched while the station's shields are above 0%
3. Reputation is obviously effected BUT there is a random "saving" roll to see if some of the corporations allied with the target DO NOT become hostile to you
4. The NPC stations can do all the above to the player even if they are not enemies. This might be triggered if you begin selling items the npc corporation already sells in a sector, or by military might.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:26

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 03:16
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 02:26
Thank you. I lkie how the corps have to start from scratch, it really does make the universe feel mor alive and dynaimc instead of having them in your face from the beginning.

I don't know if game mechanics support this but here's a suggestion for another mod:

FOCW - Corporate Takeover - The player and npc corporations can use marines to take ownership of another station.

1. The number of marines required would be related to the station's defense rating (not sure how you'd figure this). The % chance for success would never be 100%.
2. Marines cannot be launched while the station's shields are above 0%
3. Reputation is obviously effected BUT there is a random "saving" roll to see if some of the corporations allied with the target DO NOT become hostile to you
4. The NPC stations can do all the above to the player even if they are not enemies. This might be triggered if you begin selling items the npc corporation already sells in a sector, or by military might.
It is of course possible, in CWIR Mod (my mod for Rebirth) we had station boarding. Both for the player and npc factions. However, it was a very difficult thing to implement and took a lot of time to do it (it was actually done by Rubini who made CWIR with me). Not sure if I will do it but it is something I could look into if I ever feel bored lol.

magitsu
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 21:46

CWIR (and CWIR NF) is a great mod. For example the salvage gameplay (still quite interesting even compared to X4's mechanic). The main problem for me was that it took so long to build even one station in XR. Overall great "proto-X4" experience.

IratusAvis
x4

Post by IratusAvis » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 11:45

The corporation freighters in my new gamestart are only patrolling. No freighter is trading.

I'm using your mod with some personal adjustments, but I don't think it should effect the trading.

Do you have an idea where the problem could be?
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - GPU: Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB - RAM: 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 15:52

IratusAvis wrote:
Sun, 10. Jul 22, 11:45
The corporation freighters in my new gamestart are only patrolling. No freighter is trading.

I'm using your mod with some personal adjustments, but I don't think it should effect the trading.

Do you have an idea where the problem could be?
Well that would depend on what you adjusted. I need more information. I know for a fact it works so something you did must be causing the issue I guess.

IratusAvis
x4

Post by IratusAvis » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 23:07

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 10. Jul 22, 15:52
Well that would depend on what you adjusted. I need more information. I know for a fact it works so something you did must be causing the issue I guess.
Thanks for your reply!

I found it! My changes in factions.xml caused this. If an argon corporation has a relation value of "1" to ARG, its freighters do not trade. If I change it to something like "0.67" it works again. Same for the other corporations and their main factions.
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - GPU: Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB - RAM: 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:03

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, it is in connection with your mod, it proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides,

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”