[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baconnaise
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 17:27

Should be a core feature in X4 IMO. Is it X without corps? Nay...

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:41

Will you update this mod ? I would love to see corps added for Boron and maybe Terrans ?

thank you for your work

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:59

Bozz11 wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:41
Will you update this mod ? I would love to see corps added for Boron and maybe Terrans ?

thank you for your work
I will update eventually but not right now.

Gallows
x3tc

Post by Gallows » Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15

When you do decide to update, could you look at the use of Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir? It is interfering with Extended Conversations mod which then conflicts with any mod using the Extended Conversations mod. I love your mod, but I find Extended Conversations mod is a necessity.

In any case, whatever you decide, thanks for your time.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 01:16

Gallows wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15
When you do decide to update, could you look at the use of Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir? It is interfering with Extended Conversations mod which then conflicts with any mod using the Extended Conversations mod. I love your mod, but I find Extended Conversations mod is a necessity.

I have never used Extended conversations mod and I don't know what it is either. What exactly is the issue? Can you explain with details please. I will then look into making them compatible.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 6. May 23, 02:16

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 01:16
Gallows wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 22:15

I have never used Extended conversations mod and I don't know what it is either. What exactly is the issue? Can you explain with details please. I will then look into making them compatible.

I don't use the EC mod but it seems like it wants to allow multiple mods to use the same conversation tree...
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/382

Allows all mods using it to join their starting conversations in a browsable section, so technically infinite mods can be added by only taking up 1 conversation slot for any npc. (Feel free to add support to ur own mods aswell)

1. A conversation starts
2. All mods check their conditions of their default conversation, and if those are met, register a table entry with a cue path to the ECM's conversation Table, instead of just adding a <player_conversation_choice_sub/>, which will be handled later.
3. The ECM (Extended Conversation Menu) now checks if mods have registered in the table. If so, the combined ECM is displayed. If only 1 mod registered, then the conversation option for the mod is being called directly to avoid extra nesting. If no mods have registered, the ECM option won't be displayed.
4. Now the ECM builds a browsable section and lets all mods add their conversation options themselfs by signaling the previously provided cue in their table entry.
5. The user selects an entry, which was previously added by calling your mod's own cue and the now called section is back in your mod, so the ball is passed back to your mod and it continues as usual.

language
x4

Post by language » Sat, 6. May 23, 06:58

Hey any news on the compatibility with extended conversations mod? someone also has posted on my mod (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=453425) about it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2961007180
Spoiler
Show
Blackglass Sand Vor
Yes I have an updated version of the mod. More precisely it is FOCW Corp revised. The reason is (I'm guessing) it intigrates Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir which I think is interfering with ExtendedConversation mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:06

language wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 06:58
Hey any news on the compatibility with extended conversations mod? someone also has posted on my mod (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=453425) about it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2961007180
Spoiler
Show
Blackglass Sand Vor
Yes I have an updated version of the mod. More precisely it is FOCW Corp revised. The reason is (I'm guessing) it intigrates Dynamicwarconversations script by DeadAir which I think is interfering with ExtendedConversation mod.
You can just delete the dynamicwarconversations.xml in the md folder of the FOCWCorporations mod for now I guess. This will fix the compatibility issues by removing the dialogue stuff. I will look into the extended conversation menu

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:32

I am working on the compatibility now with the extended conversation menu, just doing some testing make sure everything works.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.5

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. May 23, 15:40

Version 2.5
1) Compatibility of Extended Conversation Menu mod.

Just redownload the mod, it should work fine now. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Gallows
x3tc

Post by Gallows » Sun, 7. May 23, 05:10

Wow, that was fast. I didn't even have a chance to answer your quest. Thanks very much! I'll test it out right now.

update: looks good. Seems to work fine. Thank you very much!
Last edited by Gallows on Mon, 8. May 23, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Sun, 7. May 23, 07:42

Thanks BlackRain, I freaking love this mod.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 7. May 23, 20:56

Yes, it makes the galaxy feel more alive.

But... I assume too many stations can degrade performance like too many ships? They all end up becoming part of the simulation of trades, attacks, etc.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:04

user1679 wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 20:56
I assume too many stations can degrade performance like too many ships? They all end up becoming part of the simulation of trades, attacks, etc.
If you are worried about that, you can add DeadAir Ware Updated. It reduces the amount of stations because it allows multiple production units per station for the ai (and possibly adding them instead of them making another station). Test by making a custom start with few sectors with all stations shown. The difference in the amount of them should be obvious between with and without the mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1079
- AI stations are capable of having more modules focused on one product at game start

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:38

user1679 wrote:

But... I assume too many stations can degrade performance like too many ships? They all end up becoming part of the simulation of trades, attacks, etc.
You can follow what magitsu said above, I also use it and it is great. Also, if you follow the instructions for my mod, you can fully control how many stations will be built by making some minor easy changes.

From the original post:
There are many ways to customize the mod if you know how. For example, currently the max number of stations which will be built by the corporations is 150. That is the total number that can be built by this mod as it is set right now, but you can higher or lower this depending on what you want.

Open the corplogic.xml in the md folder in this mod's folder.

Do a search for:
<set_value name="$ExistingTotalFactoryThreshold" exact="150"/>

There are ten entries of this. Just change the 150 to whatever number you want. If you some things about editing scripts, you can even look through the cues and change the number of individual types of stations and such which will be built within the total of 150. A lot of different ways to fool around with it.

The corpstrength.xml is the script which handles what squadrons are ordered (these are righters and scouts). Corpstrengthfleets.xml handles fleets led by a destroyer. corpstrengthtrade.xml is for freighters and miners. These are more complicated to edit but is highly customizable if you know what you are doing. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 8. May 23, 02:52

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 21:38
user1679 wrote:

You can follow what magitsu said above, I also use it and it is great. Also, if you follow the instructions for my mod, you can fully control how many stations will be built by making some minor easy changes.

From the original post:
There are many ways to customize the mod if you know how. For example, currently the max number of stations which will be built by the corporations is 150. That is the total number that can be built by this mod as it is set right now, but you can higher or lower this depending on what you want.

Open the corplogic.xml in the md folder in this mod's folder.

Do a search for:
<set_value name="$ExistingTotalFactoryThreshold" exact="150"/>

There are ten entries of this. Just change the 150 to whatever number you want. If you some things about editing scripts, you can even look through the cues and change the number of individual types of stations and such which will be built within the total of 150. A lot of different ways to fool around with it.

The corpstrength.xml is the script which handles what squadrons are ordered (these are righters and scouts). Corpstrengthfleets.xml handles fleets led by a destroyer. corpstrengthtrade.xml is for freighters and miners. These are more complicated to edit but is highly customizable if you know what you are doing. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Thanks, I already did that and reduced the stations to 100. I was just pointing out that stations are also simulated and can effect performance.

Oh and BTW, the mod defaults to 200 for $ExistingTotalFactoryThreshold so searching for 150 won't find any matches.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 8. May 23, 02:52

magitsu wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 21:04
user1679 wrote:
I assume too many stations can degrade performance like too many ships? They all end up becoming part of the simulation of trades, attacks, etc.
If you are worried about that, you can add DeadAir Ware Updated. It reduces the amount of stations because it allows multiple production units per station for the ai (and possibly adding them instead of them making another station). Test by making a custom start with few sectors with all stations shown. The difference in the amount of them should be obvious between with and without the mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1079
- AI stations are capable of having more modules focused on one product at game start
Interesting, I'll give it a try.

Gallows
x3tc

Post by Gallows » Mon, 8. May 23, 18:34

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 6. May 23, 15:40
Version 2.5

Just redownload the mod, it should work fine now. Please let me know if there are any issues.
Looks like it's working fine. Thank you very much.

Now, just a thought, but if you cared to take a gander at the mod, "Enhanced Bailing" and take it under your wing and make it compatible for 6.0 that would be wonderful. The author hasn't been around for a very long time. the mod allows for better AI vs AI bailing. I found it a fun addition because of the more frequent chance to find ships of all sizes abandoned due to near fatal attacks. Much fewer suicidal pilots willing to go down with their ships. Anyway, just a hopeful thought.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 9. May 23, 00:51

Gallows wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 18:34
BlackRain wrote:
Version 2.5

Now, just a thought, but if you cared to take a gander at the mod, "Enhanced Bailing" and take it under your wing and make it compatible for 6.0 that would be wonderful. The author hasn't been around for a very long time. the mod allows for better AI vs AI bailing. I found it a fun addition because of the more frequent chance to find ships of all sizes abandoned due to near fatal attacks. Much fewer suicidal pilots willing to go down with their ships. Anyway, just a hopeful thought.
Well, I can't make any promises. If I have time, maybe I will take a look at it.

Gallows
x3tc

Post by Gallows » Tue, 9. May 23, 13:03

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 00:51
Gallows wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 18:34
BlackRain wrote:
Version 2.5

Well, I can't make any promises. If I have time, maybe I will take a look at it.
Thank you kindly. That's all I can ask for. Time is a precious commodity.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”