[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:47

Gibbynator wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:30
Apologies, I wasn't thorough on including those details too:

Windows 7 SP1
Mod installed into game extensions folder
English language client, latest X4 hotfix version because Steam. I also tried the nosteam exe, no luck unfortunately.
I redownloaded and reinstalled the zip package, same results. For good measure, I also tried the 0.07 version on its own as well, it too did not load.
As for unusual, I did see the game stopped gaining RAM past ~300MB, and no further CPU activity, almost like the game just encountered a fatal error/infinite wait step but failed to exit with an error code.

I did confirm the folder structure is correct and that I downloaded the correct file in releases, by comparing it to deadairdynamicwars, which did work.

I have a Win10 laptop I can test on too, but the Win7 one is my preferred gaming device since I've done a ton of work to optimize the installation - plus X3FL and X3LU seem to play slightly nicer on it :) . I've got it updated and have the latest NVidia Driver installed, both the laptop and desktop have GTX 10-series GPUs, at least 32 GB of RAM, and i7 CPUs, so they should be specced right.
Usually the solution for windows 7 stuff is to put it in a cat/dat. Do you know how to or would you like me to upload it to git?

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 07:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:47

Usually the solution for windows 7 stuff is to put it in a cat/dat. Do you know how to or would you like me to upload it to git?
I have XRCatTool from a previous modding attempt. Packed it up and gave it a try, and that was indeed the solution! I went ahead and packed some more of your mods and threw them in with the rest of the mods in my modlist from my original post, and they all worked flawlessly together:

deadairamarrships
deadaircaldariships
deadairdynamicwars
deadairfactions_vro
deadairgallenteships
deadairgod
deadairjobs
deadairminmatarships
deadairware
egp_deadairfactiondaldari
egp_deadairfactiondamarr
egp_deadairfactiongaldente
egp_deadairfactionmindatar

Want me to zip them and get them to you so you can add these to your releases for others that may run into the same issue? Surely I'm not the only one in the universe who thinks that Windows 7 was the last great OS Microsoft released :P

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 13:06

Glad you got it working. I'm not sure why windows 7 behaves differently than 10 when it comes to mods. I'm good on the files though. I don't pack files so users can look at the code and because it saves me a step on every single mod every update lol. Glad to know my fall back for windows 7 worked

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 05:12

I certainly appreciate the ability to see your code. If I ever give modding another try (going to have to overcome my dislike of XML and the concept of using it for scripting) I'll certainly be referencing some of these to learn.

jasac

Post by jasac » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 01:56

Hi DeadAir, sincere thanks for all your hard work.

Quick question - do you have any idea how your jobs mod would interact with this jobs mod that increases vanilla fleet job size and count? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=posts

My goal is to have as large as fleet battles as possible xD

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 22:09

Any updates on possible more factions like drifters or triglavians ? Pleaseeee at least drifter battleship please

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:08

jasac wrote:
Thu, 11. Aug 22, 01:56
Hi DeadAir, sincere thanks for all your hard work.

Quick question - do you have any idea how your jobs mod would interact with this jobs mod that increases vanilla fleet job size and count? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=posts

My goal is to have as large as fleet battles as possible xD
It would likely result in a buggy mess. The only mod that touches jobs that i would say is compatible is focw.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:12

Figured i would make an actual post,

I'm on hiatus from X4. I have completely lost interest in the game and modding it. There's a chance I'll return, but between the game only focusing on story and the complete lack of any progress actually improving modding; it's not likely to be any time soon.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 23:32

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:12

I'm on hiatus from X4. I have completely lost interest in the game and modding it. There's a chance I'll return, but between the game only focusing on story and the complete lack of any progress actually improving modding; it's not likely to be any time soon.
Well fly safe and goold luck IRL. And massive thanks for contribution to x4 community.. i will make sure dead air, eve factions never die

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 17:46

DeadAirRT wrote:

Have a good holiday from X4, DA!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sat, 20. Aug 22, 23:09

DeadAirRT wrote:

Completely understandable.
Thanks for your fantastic work and helping others.

See you soon ;)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

wawrzul
x4

Post by wawrzul » Sat, 3. Sep 22, 09:15

Hello, i just started a game with all DeadAir mods and i have a question. Do his mods erase the Kha'ak from the game? I don't see any of them :O

It may have been another mod as i use many but i recently added mostly DeadAir ones i think.

EDIT: Just found some Kha'ak defense stations so i guess they are not gone ;) The faction wasn't visible in the factions in relations tab which i guess made me believe they were gone.

Let me just add some thanks for DeadAir for the awesome mods :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 4. Sep 22, 10:10

DeadAirRT wrote:

Sorry for that but I understand your reasons. Thanks for your time DAR :)

jack_coma
x4

Post by jack_coma » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 22:19

Just wanted to extend my thanks to Deadair for rekindling my interest in this game and helping me enjoy it to the max. Hopefully you'll come around eventually :D but until then, thank you so much.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:08

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, It proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides, I will also propose it to FOCW

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 01:44

Hi.

I started a fresh game, with the usual other mods, and set a captured Hermes Sentinel as a Dead Tater. I set his Anchor space to Argon Prime, with a buy and sell distance of 3 / 7. All other settings are default, including "Allow illegal wares" UNchecked. That last bit is of note as this guy is making a killing buying Spaceweed from SCA in Silent Witness XI and selling it in Hatikvah's Choice I to the HAT Argon Trading Station. Now Space fuel is not illegal to HAT, but this ship is passing through Argon sectors where it is. Should it do this? I admit, I never noticed my (Dead) Tater Traders trading any of the generally illegal goods like Spaceweed and Spacefuel before, have I simply missed it? Is it normal for them to smuggle stuff through sectors where it's illegal, even if the source and destination locations are fine with it?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 23:32

EVERY DAY ... im dreaming about Dead Air Rt will come back and create drifter battleship for X4 i offered him money he refused .. but guys Really if someone can do Drifter battleship for X4 i will pay anything you ask its my dream for so many years ...

and im dumb as hell to do enything for modeling.

my forever dream .. Dead air Rt if you read this
Please, every month im puting on side 500 £ just in case one day someone come.whith this ship as reward . Im dead serious.
HERE IS THE BEUTY
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/images/b ... design.jpg

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Tue, 1. Nov 22, 21:23

Oo i even find model to ship obj format .. Drifter battleship

https://github.com/puffingprie/GetEveMo ... leship.obj

Daniel10001
x4

Post by Daniel10001 » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 20:59

Manawydn wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 00:55
So I got it running, and I noticed a few things. Bear in mind you can see how beastly of a mod list I have, so my experience is based on that. I am noticing that the sectors with yellow and/or heavy fog are killing fps down to the point where I can't really do much in sector. I'm wondering if performance is better on a much lighter mod list. I also saw that once I claimed a Deadair sector, factions did start expanding as intended. Last, Even though they are expanding as intended, all non-special stations (standard production stations) are missing docks both large and small/medium. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my mod list or not. Thanks!
Dear DeadAirRT,

I have been experiencing a similar performance issue when using the DeadAir Gate mod and may have hunted it down with days of experiments and debugging. I would like to share my note on this issue with you and anyone who may face similar issues, which is as follows:

DeadAir Gate Mod will cause performance issues when traveling through asteroid fields
- Symptom: When traveling through asteroid fields, (as indicated by Nvidia Performance Overlay,) at some moments, GPU Utilization will drop to 0%-1%, AND Rendering Latency will increase to 150-350ms.
- Solution: Remove unnecessary modifications to asteroid and debris fields from deadairgate/libraries/region_definitions.xml: (Vim Command: `:g /\/fields\/\(asteroid\|debris\).\{-}@\(rotation\|minnoisevalue\|density\)/ d`)
- Hypothesis: Modifications to asteroid/debris fields will apply to each individual asteroid/debris one by one at runtime when spawning the field, making thousands/tens of thousands of invocation and callback, causing extreme momentary CPU load when entering/leaving asteroid/debris fields, so that the CPU cannot issue draw calls in a normal rate, which leads to low GPU utilization and high rendering latency.

I hope my finding will help you or anyone who may need it, and it would be an honor if it does.
If you need the full debug note and logs, feel free to tell me.

Daniel

Tyranos Strategos

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 00:01

I remember Dead air said , he turn off rotation for asteroids , could it be case of this ?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”