[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reisser
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Reisser » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 22:13

Maybe someone can answer that for me
Mod name: DeadAir Gate
Mod type: Galaxy/Universe rework
Features:

Connects Antigone Memorial to Second Contact 11
Connects Morning Star 4 to Silent Witness
Connects Ianamus Zura to Hewa's Twin
Connects Bright Promise to Hewa's Twin I
Connects Zyarth's dominion 4 to Family Nhuut
Properly removes the ring highway.
Adds several resource regions to Xenon sectors
Adds/improves Split resource regions
Removes rotation from asteroids.
Adds additional defense modules to important stations
Adds extra docking for L/XL at shipyard/wharf
I would like to uninstall the mod (incompatibilities with other mods I would like to try). If I take him out... what can I expect?
- the gate connections are omitted - of course
- do the resource fields disappear again?
- will the additional docks disappear again?
- do the additional defenses disappear again?
- are the asteroids spinning again?
- will the small asteroids come back?

And the most important:
- will the superhighways disappear or do I need another mod?

I could also just test it out - but that would probably ruin the weekend - and I'd rather play than test it :D
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 10:37

Pretty much guaranteed to break your save. Even if you could load into the game, it would be foolish to continue playing since it could crash at any moment.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 11:18

Argh ... ok ... thanks for your answer ...
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 03:13

If you're feeling adventurous, this tool might help:

https://github.com/bvbohnen/X4_Customiz ... ntation.md
GUI based object editing:

The "vanilla" column shows the object field values for the base version of the game files loaded.

The "patched" column shows field values after other extensions have had their diff patches applied.

The "edited" column is where you may change values manually.

Running a script that includes the Apply_Live_Editor_Patches plugin will apply edits to the game files.

The "current" column will show the post-script field values, and mainly exists for verification of hand edits as well as other transform changes.
I've never used it but maybe you can delete some of the things you don't want? Just make a backup of your save before you do anything to it
in case you change your mind.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 09:58

Thanks for the link! I'd like to say "I'll check it out" but the last time I was in X4 I was tinkering a bit with mods and it made me stare at the game's loading screen more than anything else...this time I decided to "just" go play instead of tinkering :P So I've started a new game and that's fine

XOSPECTRE

Post by XOSPECTRE » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 08:17

I created shields extenders and boosters for this mod factions and ships more info here

Basicaly adds different gamestyle for tanking, balanced for this mod but can be used whith standard vanila game too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1039

Eldahmyr

Post by Eldahmyr » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 11:07

Hello, I would like to know if your 4 mods adding the 4 new factions are compatible with these mods below, and if not what kind of bug can I face if not?

Finally, do we have to install the ship mod for the empire every time or if I already have additional ship mods like SVE, they will automatically take these new ships for their faction?

- Uncharted Skies
- Rise of the Ossian Raiders
-The Ancients
- XPANed Sectors Advanced
- X-Universe+
- ShipPack - X4 + as of 5.0
- Farnham's Legend

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 13:27

Eldahmyr wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 11:07
- Uncharted Skies
- Rise of the Ossian Raiders
-The Ancients
- XPANed Sectors Advanced
- X-Universe+
- ShipPack - X4 + as of 5.0
- Farnham's Legend
If by the 4 mods you mean the ones where you bring the EVE online factions into play: I don't see many problems there. Only all mods that address / query factions directly will not work with it. DeadAir factions are not particularly well known or widespread... In this respect, these additional factions will run alongside and, depending on how the other mods are programmed, will be ignored at most.

Tisoonours
x4

Post by Tisoonours » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 08:07

Hi,

I want to add these 4 new factions to my modded game. However, some of the sectors are overlapping with already existing sectors.
I tried to look in the files how to change the sectors coordinates (e.g. 8, -2), but I can't find these coordinates anywhere. Can someone kindly tell me in what file(s) I can find these coordinates so I can change them?

I assume changing only the sectors coordinates will not have any impact.
I already tried to start a new game with these overlapping sectors, it's possible to interact with them, but it's just very ugly on the galaxy map…

Thanks for your help.
Amicalement Tisoonours

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 05:40

Just a quick fyi, I am not back to modding but I am at least around for now. Deciding if 6.0 offers anything interesting before tackling the mountain of work to get everything updated.
Scoob wrote:
Mon, 17. Oct 22, 01:44
Hi.

I started a fresh game, with the usual other mods, and set a captured Hermes Sentinel as a Dead Tater. I set his Anchor space to Argon Prime, with a buy and sell distance of 3 / 7. All other settings are default, including "Allow illegal wares" UNchecked. That last bit is of note as this guy is making a killing buying Spaceweed from SCA in Silent Witness XI and selling it in Hatikvah's Choice I to the HAT Argon Trading Station. Now Space fuel is not illegal to HAT, but this ship is passing through Argon sectors where it is. Should it do this? I admit, I never noticed my (Dead) Tater Traders trading any of the generally illegal goods like Spaceweed and Spacefuel before, have I simply missed it? Is it normal for them to smuggle stuff through sectors where it's illegal, even if the source and destination locations are fine with it?
It actually is a bit of an oversight, it only checks seller sector and buyer sector if they are illegal.
Daniel10001 wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 20:59
*snip*
That is very interesting, I never experienced anything similar to that but it makes sense logically. Awesome work figuring that out (especially since I would have never expected the engine to behave that way).
Xeneonic wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 14:47
Any reason why DeadAir Ware removes Hull Parts as a building requirement from most modules, but leaves in all the Silicon Carbide requirements from Terran modules? Was this an oversight? (Using VRO with DeadAir mods, I apologize sincerely if it happens to be VRO doing this and not DeadAir Ware mod)
Terran have an already huge advantage with their simple (boring) economy. The reason for hull parts removal from stations was to prevent complete economy stall due to shortage of one ware. With hull parts == ships and claytronics == stations, they are much less likely to enter a death spiral.
rudi_pioneer wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 23:06
Is dead air jobs significant enough in adding ships that with player help, faction A can win war against faction B? (For example, HOP being completely wiped out?) I know that factions will keep rebuilding, but as long as other factions can claim all sectors, that’s good enough for me.

Currently, when I play longer games, current job system ends up in stagnation, even if I let AI build ships at my shipyard.
They have a much more efficient economy set up and the built in expansion allows them to expand up to 200% (iirc) of their space. Unfortunately, the jobs system is fairly limited and giving them enough expansion capacity for entire universe causes massive performance impact.
user1679 wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 09:25
I searched for "VRO" in this thread but didn't see an answer to ths question: Why do the ship mods require DeadAirFactions_VRO?

DeadAirFactionDaldari can be added without DeadAirFactions_VRO and the AI will build Caldari ships but if I also want to add DeadAirFactionDaldariShips so the ships
are added to the shipyards, I have to add DeadAirFactions_VRO. If the ships already exist in DeadAirFactionDaldari, why does the VRO have to be applied before the
player can build them?

I was using the original VRO but stopped because I found S / M ships too fragile. I know your VRO-Lite is different but I wanted to avoid stat modifiers if possible.
DeadAirFactions_VRO is a submod that contains common code for all the faction ship mods. It doesn't alter vanilla ships at all (iirc), it just saves implementing the same code 4x for all my mods.
Peanutcat wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 00:48
Regarding DeadAirFill, I do not want it to ever spawn wares, only remove and add shipmods, from what I understand setting Min Trading Station Ware % and Min Shipyard/Wharf Ware % to 0 will achieve this.

I'm unsure of what the other settings do however, what do the:
  • Adjusted Max Trading Station Ware %
  • Adjusted Min Trading Station Ware %
  • Adjusted Min Shipyard/Wharf Ware %
settings do?
They are the level it will adjust to if above max level or below min level. If you set min to 0 on the other settings, it will never add wares. Example for one of them you asked about, If trading station is below Min Trading Station Ware % then it will be filled to Adjusted Min Trading Station Ware %. (hopefully that makes explanation clear)
user1679 wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 04:27
Posting this here because the tatertrade github page doesn't have a button for bug reports:

When I assign tatertrade or deadtater as a job, the icon attached to my ship on the map is a blue square. I notice in the mod, it is looking for this:

assets\fx\gui\textures\order\order_traderoutine.tga

but this file doesn't exist in the mod or the base game itself. When I extracted the assets from the game, there is an "order_tradeexchange.gz" and a few others
and they all share the same icon, a white basket with a + sign. I know this isn't a vram issue because I have an RTX 3060 with 12 GB vram and Afterburner shows less than 4 GB
in use.
It existed when I stopped modding, thanks egosoft.
Tisoonours wrote:
Mon, 3. Apr 23, 08:07
Hi,

I want to add these 4 new factions to my modded game. However, some of the sectors are overlapping with already existing sectors.
I tried to look in the files how to change the sectors coordinates (e.g. 8, -2), but I can't find these coordinates anywhere. Can someone kindly tell me in what file(s) I can find these coordinates so I can change them?

I assume changing only the sectors coordinates will not have any impact.
I already tried to start a new game with these overlapping sectors, it's possible to interact with them, but it's just very ugly on the galaxy map…

Thanks for your help.
galaxy.xml
the actual back end files use a different number system for coordinates so if you are still trying to get this changed, let me know.

TCESylver

Post by TCESylver » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:04

Id love to see your mods updated. Have always used them <3

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 19:38

TCESylver wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:04
I would think the bulk of them would work except the ships no? Have you tried them? I have a separate install of 6.0 I'm using to see how many of my mods work. Most of them don't touch ships or stations in general. I'm looking to see about my module build time reduction and certain cheaty station mods that allow me to make smaller stations with mega station outputs.

TCESylver

Post by TCESylver » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 20:15

Baconnaise wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 19:38
TCESylver wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:04
I would think the bulk of them would work except the ships no? Have you tried them? I have a separate install of 6.0 I'm using to see how many of my mods work. Most of them don't touch ships or stations in general. I'm looking to see about my module build time reduction and certain cheaty station mods that allow me to make smaller stations with mega station outputs.
Actually havent tried them yet, waiting for the VRO update before diving into this new expansion.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 12:35

Hi does this mod work with 6.0?

Entissus
x4

Post by Entissus » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 16:26

Just wanted to add -- I love these mods and they've become a major key in my saves since essentially the start. Fill, Wares, Jobs, Gates.. Tatertrader and Dynamicwars. I can imagine that the lion's share of work would be in the EVE faction ones with new ships, thus the need to rework the collisions.

Would it be more feasible to update the more text-based/ backend mods instead of all of the mods?
If you keep rushing yourself eventually you'll regret becoming a prisoner to your past decisions

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 18:18

Entissus wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 16:26
Just wanted to add -- I love these mods and they've become a major key in my saves since essentially the start. Fill, Wares, Jobs, Gates.. Tatertrader and Dynamicwars. I can imagine that the lion's share of work would be in the EVE faction ones with new ships, thus the need to rework the collisions.

Would it be more feasible to update the more text-based/ backend mods instead of all of the mods?
The more minor mods generally just require a minor update. It would require adding any boron specific modules, parts, blueprints, and licenses. The fill and wares mod might need a minor update to include any changes to naming or additions. That's the general issue with updates from what I've seen as EGO may change the naming for a thing or add something new which isn't accounted for yet. Lots of busywork even if you have the time.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:41

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 12:35
Hi does this mod work with 6.0?
Which one?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:48

Entissus wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 16:26

Deadtater, dynamic wars, and fill likely don't require any update because almost nothing is hard coded. (Although they changed the trade routine icon for whatever reason)

Gate might work without issue.

Jobs, ware, minor faction changes, eve factions are somewhere between minor updates and major rewrites due to how specific i wrote the diffs.

DocQuixotic
x3ap

Post by DocQuixotic » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 20:09

Have you considered updating the Gates mod to add conections to and from the Boron sectors? I'm kinda disappointed hoowbpoorly they are integrated with the rest of the universe. I' imagine a connection between for example ocean of fantasy and Pioneer or Antigone space, or maybe Atreus Clouds and Emperors Pride or Litany of Fury would open up a lot of gameplay opportunities...

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 05:45

Small request... if you decide to update these factions to 6.0, would you consider adding some more of the Caldari ships? I always liked the Caldari aesthetic. I'm particularly interested in the haulers, here's how I would configure them:

Badger - a S trader because this was the Tech I ship with around 4k storage and was considered a "light hauler"
Tayra - this is the redesign of the Badger and would fit well as a M trader with its 7k storage
Bustard - this is the Tech II of the Tayra but has less cargo in favor of a "fleet hangar" so for X4 it seems like this might fit as an XL carrier. But in X4 I would bump its cargo up from 5k to 10k as well as providing some M and S sized docks.

Also, I would love to see some Caldari M and S ships, here are my thoughts on the matter :) :

I think bringing in the Merlin for a S sized interceptor with guns/missile turrets (the Merlin can use rockets in EVE) would be fun or my favorite, the Kestrel for a 4 launcher S fighter. And since the Caldari don't have an M ship in X4, perhaps the Ferox for a hybrid gun/missile boat or the Cormorant for a full blown M sized missile rig. Oh, and my favorite the Osprey (before they nerfed the mining bonus) as an M miner with several turret hardpoints for mining drills / missile launchers.

Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”