[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baleur
x3tc

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Baleur » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:28

Yeah i noticed it was better when i tried the other starts, i think it was just the huge battles in the beginning of my Amarr runthrough that caused it.
You got some plans for the look of the sectors in the future? Idk how easy/hard it is to replicate Amarr Prime or whatever (the home planets) in X4.
Skyboxes in EVE are pretty damn good so that cant be an easy feat.

As for Fire and Smoke, i think his mod has extension folders within it for relevant mods weapons, like for VRO
So i presume for non-hit-effects like vanilla components blowing up it still works, shrug.

turret_arg_l_flak_macro.xml

Code: Select all

<diff> 
<add sel="//macros/macro[@name='turret_arg_l_flak_macro']/properties">
<effects>
        <explosion ref="explosion_turret_m_wall_pulse" />
        <sefx_damage_low ref="sefx_damage_m_low" />
        <sefx_damage_medium ref="sefx_damage_m_medium" />
        <sefx_damage_high ref="sefx_damage_m_high" />
        <sefx_shield ref="sefx_shield_m_01" />
      </effects>
</add>
</diff>
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:40

hey DeadAir, I like your "deadairfill" mod ! very good idea when you want to go against AI factions and play as the end game crisis ^^
But do you plan on maybe improving it ? it would be nice if we could select a specific faction that would get it's wharf and shipyard supplied at a certain % and not all factions at the same time.
Like if I'm playing as ennemy to split factions I'd like them to be stronger but not all the other factions...

Same goes for Xenon, when they start killing a faction it would be nice if we could refill just that one faction that is loosing.

Thanks man !

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:09

Baleur wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:28
I've tried and failed to get a good looking custom skybox in the game, i will eventually return to it when i think of a new method for it.

Making them use the fire and smoke looks like it would take a bit of work, I'll consider it down the road.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:12

Bozz11 wrote:
Tue, 19. Apr 22, 17:40
I can consider it down the line but i don't have any current plans for that mod. Most of the time (with my economy mods) if they are losing they would be the only one actually getting resources but it all depends on the general state of the economy.

Petzer
x4

Post by Petzer » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:16

Hey really enjoying your mods, thanks for your work.
Since i don't play with the DeadAir God mod the new factions seem a little overpowered compared to their vanilla enemy, would it be enough for me to reduce their numbers in libraries/ god.xml job.xml or are there more factors that make up their fleets/stations?
And i don't know if this is only a problem on my end but it seems the Caldari ships aren't using their rocket turrets.
Would also be awesome to add a Xenon sector or maybe direct connections between the new factions to keep them a little in check, but hey it's your vision, just an idea.
Thanks again for your mods especially dynamic wars.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:26

Petzer wrote:
Thu, 21. Apr 22, 16:16
You can reduce their stations / jobs in those files. There are some AI issues with missiles that are improved in the combined tweaks with kuertee but it's still not 100% fixed yet.

I have some plans addressing their lack of connectivity that i will reveal once i get closer to releasing it.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 20:15

Hello... Im never involved in any forums but... THe EVE online mod killed me! Man you are hero! I played eve for 9 years than quit becouse of developers policy.. But u bring eve back to me to X4! Man its fantastic Job since i started played X4 i compared every aspect to eve and was dreaming how it would be to fly raven in x4 and u did it. Man i know u busy but im shaking to say..... CAN U MAKE DRIFTERS flyable factions? At least drifter battleship i will even donate some £... It wold be cherry on top of the cake! But even ifbnot u still hero! Sorry for too much excitement but x4 and eve is just my life... Almoat hehe Have a nice day fly save..

I can imagine modified Astrid turrets effect as drifter battleship lasers hmmm.. Sorey for dreaming :D

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 20:29

Btw small suggestion.. i would change Amar bridge to paranid model galente to teladi minmatar to split or vigor and caldari is ok on argon. "Arg_bridge_l_01" or how it was in code dont remember it but ... i just changed arg to required faction its work .

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 22:23

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 20:15
Hello... Im never involved in any forums but... THe EVE online mod killed me! Man you are hero! I played eve for 9 years than quit becouse of developers policy.. But u bring eve back to me to X4! Man its fantastic Job since i started played X4 i compared every aspect to eve and was dreaming how it would be to fly raven in x4 and u did it. Man i know u busy but im shaking to say..... CAN U MAKE DRIFTERS flyable factions? At least drifter battleship i will even donate some £... It wold be cherry on top of the cake! But even ifbnot u still hero! Sorry for too much excitement but x4 and eve is just my life... Almoat hehe Have a nice day fly save..

I can imagine modified Astrid turrets effect as drifter battleship lasers hmmm.. Sorey for dreaming :D
Glad you enjoy it, I'll look into using the different bridges as i polish the mod up and can consider other large ships eventually. Right now I've been focusing on the rest of the faction stuff and getting more comfortable in blender to tackle the smaller ships.

andejx2

Post by andejx2 » Sun, 1. May 22, 06:54

TaterTrader/DeadTater has a weird issue where multiple different "deadtater" traders can find the same trade offer/route at the same time, but obviously only one can take it, so they all rush to the job, but only one gets the goods then the rest are hit with "failed to execute : not enough goods at station" etc, then they undock and start searching again.

Easiest way to see it happen is set off 5-10 traders at same time with same parameters set, and at least 3-4 of them will try to grab the same job and fail.
Can also happen just randomly if two or more traders happen to be "searching" for a job at the same time.

Not sure if this is something solvable as its technically multiple scripts running all finding the same job at the same time I guess?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 1. May 22, 13:55

andejx2 wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 06:54
TaterTrader/DeadTater has a weird issue where multiple different "deadtater" traders can find the same trade offer/route at the same time, but obviously only one can take it, so they all rush to the job, but only one gets the goods then the rest are hit with "failed to execute : not enough goods at station" etc, then they undock and start searching again.

Easiest way to see it happen is set off 5-10 traders at same time with same parameters set, and at least 3-4 of them will try to grab the same job and fail.
Can also happen just randomly if two or more traders happen to be "searching" for a job at the same time.

Not sure if this is something solvable as its technically multiple scripts running all finding the same job at the same time I guess?
Yeah it's a limitation of the offer system where it doesn't update until the next frame. I'll put my very inelegant solution from tater into deadtater since my fancy one doesn't seem to be working. Expect a patch later today.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 11:05

After 4 days in game Caldari Faction not building Military capital ships.. they ok whith freighters miners builders and all s and m class ships but not destroyers and titans and carriers other eve factions are ok they normaly build everything.. And yes shipyard have all materials i can build 4 ravens at once all whats need is in house any idea whats wrong?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 13:15

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 11:05
After 4 days in game Caldari Faction not building Military capital ships.. they ok whith freighters miners builders and all s and m class ships but not destroyers and titans and carriers other eve factions are ok they normaly build everything.. And yes shipyard have all materials i can build 4 ravens at once all whats need is in house any idea whats wrong?
What are their total ship numbers?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 13:22

500 or somethilng like that i start new game to try again if it happens but i know they had most small ships around 400 s ..only 1 xl and 3 large...

Wharf was constantly building new s and m ships but shipyard nothing just freighters and miners

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 13:27

Caladri state military strenght... total 343 xl 1 l 3 m 71 s 267

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:27
Are they low on smart chips by chance?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:14

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55
XoSPECTRE wrote:
Nope i supplied them whith 55 000 smart ships for missiles but....

I changed all caldari l and xl ships missile capacity to 10 000 missile capacity per ship could it mean if they cannot fill ships whith missiles they will not build them? I did that becouse 750 or 1000 seems just not enough for missile boat i changed it back to ur original

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:32

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 14:14
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55
XoSPECTRE wrote:
Nope i supplied them whith 55 000 smart ships for missiles but....

I changed all caldari l and xl ships missile capacity to 10 000 missile capacity per ship could it mean if they cannot fill ships whith missiles they will not build them? I did that becouse 750 or 1000 seems just not enough for missile boat i changed it back to ur original
Possibly. I had something similar happen with Amarr but it was due to smart chips. I'm looking into it but if you notice anything let me know.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 21:53

Btw is there any way how to improve brightness in new caldari and galente space ? Too dark nice color theme matching eve one but cant see much. Can i do it in ur files or some modeling and light source must be added

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 23:46

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 21:53
Btw is there any way how to improve brightness in new caldari and galente space ? Too dark nice color theme matching eve one but cant see much. Can i do it in ur files or some modeling and light source must be added
You can change the sun brightness in assets/cluster/cluster_XXX#.xml

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”