[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:27
Caladri state military strenght... total 343 xl 1 l 3 m 71 s 267
Are they low on smart chips by chance?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:14

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55
XoSPECTRE wrote:
Nope i supplied them whith 55 000 smart ships for missiles but....

I changed all caldari l and xl ships missile capacity to 10 000 missile capacity per ship could it mean if they cannot fill ships whith missiles they will not build them? I did that becouse 750 or 1000 seems just not enough for missile boat i changed it back to ur original

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 14:32

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 14:14
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 13:55
XoSPECTRE wrote:
Nope i supplied them whith 55 000 smart ships for missiles but....

I changed all caldari l and xl ships missile capacity to 10 000 missile capacity per ship could it mean if they cannot fill ships whith missiles they will not build them? I did that becouse 750 or 1000 seems just not enough for missile boat i changed it back to ur original
Possibly. I had something similar happen with Amarr but it was due to smart chips. I'm looking into it but if you notice anything let me know.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 2. May 22, 21:53

Btw is there any way how to improve brightness in new caldari and galente space ? Too dark nice color theme matching eve one but cant see much. Can i do it in ur files or some modeling and light source must be added

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. May 22, 23:46

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 21:53
Btw is there any way how to improve brightness in new caldari and galente space ? Too dark nice color theme matching eve one but cant see much. Can i do it in ur files or some modeling and light source must be added
You can change the sun brightness in assets/cluster/cluster_XXX#.xml

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:55

Nice work on the new nebulae. I've just looked at the pictures sofar
Fell free to add some star's skybox from my Stars mod to complement the background and tell me if you need to enlarge the skybox of nebulae, I've become quite fast at doing it :D

I like the expansion going towards new factions and very different look of space, this expands the universe more than simply new sectors of recycled vanilla clusters.

I'll try to make my next galaxy remake compatible with this

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 4. May 22, 14:06

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 11:55
Nice work on the new nebulae. I've just looked at the pictures sofar
Fell free to add some star's skybox from my Stars mod to complement the background and tell me if you need to enlarge the skybox of nebulae, I've become quite fast at doing it :D

I like the expansion going towards new factions and very different look of space, this expands the universe more than simply new sectors of recycled vanilla clusters.

I'll try to make my next galaxy remake compatible with this
Thank you and I appreciate the offer. It is a lot of work but as long as I just do bits and pieces, it doesn't get too bad.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 5. May 22, 11:53

Ok.. there is big problem whith Caldari State faction...after 2 days they always stop producing ships tested on 3 game starts.. On the begining all is ok they build all of them but after 24 hours they stop all other faction keep l class ship around 100 and 10 xl but caldari have 1 xl and 20 l and NO MISSILLES at all. There is big que in the equipment dock even freigheters resuplying them self but every ship is there docked like 20 minutes i understood caldari is missile faction but may be removing missile dependency and reducing damage would fix it just keep missile effect on lauchers but no unit been used.

When caladari space is invaded by galente navy, caladri fly in whith their fleet but noone shoots only nagas and tengus whith front facing ham launchers which not needs ammunition i belive u know what im talking about.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 5. May 22, 12:06

Even s and m class ships are ocupying all slots in equipment dock and waiting for missiles..

Maybe switch to rail guns instead off missiles its caldari secondary weapon system ..So Galente blasters , Amar lasers , minmatar projectiles , caldari railguns , its just suggestion

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 5. May 22, 13:59

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 11:53
Ok.. there is big problem whith Caldari State faction...after 2 days they always stop producing ships tested on 3 game starts.. On the begining all is ok they build all of them but after 24 hours they stop all other faction keep l class ship around 100 and 10 xl but caldari have 1 xl and 20 l and NO MISSILLES at all. There is big que in the equipment dock even freigheters resuplying them self but every ship is there docked like 20 minutes i understood caldari is missile faction but may be removing missile dependency and reducing damage would fix it just keep missile effect on lauchers but no unit been used.

When caladari space is invaded by galente navy, caladri fly in whith their fleet but noone shoots only nagas and tengus whith front facing ham launchers which not needs ammunition i belive u know what im talking about.
Did you revert the missile changes you made? What other mods are you running?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 5. May 22, 22:45

Ehm its ok now and pls ignore my last post :doh: next time i will think twice before posting . I started new gamestart but than next day or so i load differt game save ooops :rant: :oops:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 6. May 22, 00:04

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 22:45
Ehm its ok now and pls ignore my last post :doh: next time i will think twice before posting . I started new gamestart but than next day or so i load differt game save ooops :rant: :oops:
It's all good. There is a slight bug right now with caldari where they order economy ships from an ALI wharf that can't build stuff so they do end up hurting a bit. I have it fixed i think and quite a few new features, some balancing passes, and polishing but i need to get some more testing done before i push it.

I am going to eventually implement rail guns most likely for caldari just like eve but i have to change the name of the current gallente to blasters.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Fri, 6. May 22, 00:20

If u need beta tester im on my holliday for next 2 weeks so i would love to help to testing everything. I can be fulltime betatester for next 2 weeks if u need help u got my pm allready.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Fri, 6. May 22, 17:46

I got idea about that suply issue whith missiles... what if material required to produce them will be drasticly reduced to 1 smart chip 1 misisle component and 1 energy cell that way there should not be problem whith missiles at all and reducing price to few credits only , becouse now u can exploit missiles ..u get auxilary by boarding or so and then u can resuply any missile ship in it and than sell missiles to wharf equipment dock or shipyard for millions and bilions.. any thoughts on this?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 6. May 22, 18:05

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 17:46
I got idea about that suply issue whith missiles... what if material required to produce them will be drasticly reduced to 1 smart chip 1 misisle component and 1 energy cell that way there should not be problem whith missiles at all and reducing price to few credits only , becouse now u can exploit missiles ..u get auxilary by boarding or so and then u can resuply any missile ship in it and than sell missiles to wharf equipment dock or shipyard for millions and bilions.. any thoughts on this?
I don't adjust tons of values because a player can cheese stuff.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sat, 7. May 22, 20:27

I was sitting here playing my game with your mods and enjoying myself when I had a thought, they're dangerous I know but I had to come here and share it.

On your dynamic war mod, is there a way to make it so if the Xenon get so much stronger military wise than the strongest military, say Xenon is 1.5 X stronger than the Terran. The factions get reset to neutral until the Xenon threat is dropped back down to below the strongest military?

This way it allows ships to travel and traders to send supplies without getting killed by the other factions, of course I'm not talking about pirate factions and such, just the main factions.

Then after the Xenon are pushed back reset the standing the way they were? Maybe send a signal for all military ships to return to friendly space and give them so much time to do so.

I think it would simulate the factions coming together to keep the Xenon at bay.

I mean it could be done different way too, like the split banding together themselves to take care of their Xenon problem, or Paranid... So you could have times when a splitered faction works together to push the Xenon back after the Xenon push in and take so many sectors or such from them.

Anyway just a thought.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Sun, 8. May 22, 23:02

Any upcoming update for mod ? cant wait for eve factions update :mrgreen: :roll:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 9. May 22, 00:07

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 23:02
Any upcoming update for mod ? cant wait for eve factions update :mrgreen: :roll:
a few things coming up, it's not quite up the the level I want it yet so trying to make it better before I push

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Mon, 9. May 22, 17:46

Quick question, I noticed when I use the Jobs that there are no AUX ships. Did you remove those from the Job files?

If so is there a way to add them back in? Don't know why but it kind of tweaks me not seeing them being used.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 9. May 22, 21:14

siath70 wrote:
Mon, 9. May 22, 17:46
Quick question, I noticed when I use the Jobs that there are no AUX ships. Did you remove those from the Job files?

If so is there a way to add them back in? Don't know why but it kind of tweaks me not seeing them being used.
They are removed because they are a terrible buggy mess and waste of cpu. Once I find that they don't cause constant debug errors with ships never undocking/docking then I'll put them back in.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”