[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Necessarious
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Necessarious » Sun, 22. May 22, 04:55

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:09
Necessarious wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:00
I've probably missed it somewhere but is there any reason why the Eve Factions wont place orders at my shipyards/wharfs?
There's nothing in particular blocking it. You would need their weapon blueprints since they don't use other factions. You would also need the blueprint for the engine for cruiser sized larges.
Idk then. I have their BluePrints and Weapons. Right now I built one so I could solely support the Amarr but they will not order any ships at all. I literally have bought no other blueprints but the blueprints I can get from Amarr. Im trying to do an Amarr only playthrough. Even though I dont have the Argon or Antigone weapons they are the ones that order ships from my Wharf half the Universe away. I havnt really tested it for the L and XL Shipyards yet.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 22. May 22, 05:04

Necessarious wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 04:55
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:09
Necessarious wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:00
I've probably missed it somewhere but is there any reason why the Eve Factions wont place orders at my shipyards/wharfs?
There's nothing in particular blocking it. You would need their weapon blueprints since they don't use other factions. You would also need the blueprint for the engine for cruiser sized larges.
Idk then. I have their BluePrints and Weapons. Right now I built one so I could solely support the Amarr but they will not order any ships at all. I literally have bought no other blueprints but the blueprints I can get from Amarr. Im trying to do an Amarr only playthrough. Even though I dont have the Argon or Antigone weapons they are the ones that order ships from my Wharf half the Universe away. I havnt really tested it for the L and XL Shipyards yet.
Oh did you get the ishield bp too? Afaik it should work fine, their economy should be mostly fine where they can mostly handle their own ship building. If they happen to get low on turret components then it should definitely pick up.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 23. May 22, 13:50

Is there some ships updates comming soon ? More factions or something ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 24. May 22, 19:09

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 23. May 22, 13:50
Is there some ships updates comming soon ? More factions or something ?
Are you really asking me this?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 29. May 22, 01:42

Hi,

Perhaps it's been there a while but I just noticed that alongside the "TaterTrader" option I'm used to near the bottom of the Default Behaviour list, there's also a "Dead Tater" option just below the vanilla Local and Advanced AutoTrade options. I've never noticed this before, and I seem to be unable to find a description on it. Considering you took over the maintenance of TaterTrader from ludsloe (sp?) have I been using the wrong one?

(Caveat: it's very late, I'm very tired and I just noticed this as I was about to log off for the eve)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 29. May 22, 03:37

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 29. May 22, 01:42
Hi,

Perhaps it's been there a while but I just noticed that alongside the "TaterTrader" option I'm used to near the bottom of the Default Behaviour list, there's also a "Dead Tater" option just below the vanilla Local and Advanced AutoTrade options. I've never noticed this before, and I seem to be unable to find a description on it. Considering you took over the maintenance of TaterTrader from ludsloe (sp?) have I been using the wrong one?

(Caveat: it's very late, I'm very tired and I just noticed this as I was about to log off for the eve)
I put it in the patch notes but it's my rewrite of tater trader. There's a lot of info for it in the picture guide on the workshop page.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 29. May 22, 13:10

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 29. May 22, 03:37

I put it in the patch notes but it's my rewrite of tater trader. There's a lot of info for it in the picture guide on the workshop page.
Thanks. I have the GoG version of the game, so don't go near the Steam Workshop, only ever downloaded TT from Github - didn't know it was on the workshop too, will check it out, cheers.

Dvirus
x3tc

Post by Dvirus » Mon, 30. May 22, 13:44

Love your mods,

One question. When will you update your VRO-Lite mod to the last VRO version ?.

"Patch 3.3.5 and 3.3.6 from VRO"
It's Just a Virus

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 30. May 22, 14:25

Dvirus wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 13:44
Love your mods,

So I'm at a crossroads basically. I am probably going to be fully removing the added ships except the xenon stuff and the battleships from VRO-lite. The problem is that it takes a lot of work over time to continue to have them or a lot of time up front to remove them from the mod. If you like the ships added in VRO i would suggest switching over.

Dvirus
x3tc

Post by Dvirus » Mon, 30. May 22, 14:59

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 14:25
Dvirus wrote:
Love your mods,

So I'm at a crossroads basically. I am probably going to be fully removing the added ships except the xenon stuff and the battleships from VRO-lite. The problem is that it takes a lot of work over time to continue to have them or a lot of time up front to remove them from the mod. If you like the ships added in VRO i would suggest switching over.
Hi DeadAiRT,

Thanks for your reply,

I use all your mods (love it!), and I'm still not sure if I will use VRO... What is your opinion about is the best way to play?, is without VRO? and why not use the full version of VRO along with your mods (to much change?) (what is your experience with your mods and VRO (full))

And when are you going to update your VSO lite version with just the XENON and battleships? (I think that will be a great idea to).
It's Just a Virus

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 30. May 22, 16:09

Dvirus wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 14:59
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 14:25
Dvirus wrote:
Love your mods,

Hi DeadAiRT,

Thanks for your reply,

I use all your mods (love it!), and I'm still not sure if I will use VRO... What is your opinion about is the best way to play?, is without VRO? and why not use the full version of VRO along with your mods (to much change?) (what is your experience with your mods and VRO (full))

And when are you going to update your VSO lite version with just the XENON and battleships? (I think that will be a great idea to).
With VRO instead of lite there will be a few extra jobs, turrets rotate faster, ships travel a bit faster, and they have less cargo space i believe.

My update for lite will come out when it's finished, can't really give more concrete than that. The updates missing from lite are not needed at all to be honest. I already had the toa stuff (since I'm the one who set up the files for shuulo). The only real thing missing is an update to the Terran cruisers which makes them completely overpowered in my opinion.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 30. May 22, 21:43

Vro lite is nice but, i think most important are eve factions ....and their expanding updates :D just my opinion :D or maybe some new triglavian or drifter factions ...just may be ...i cound be wrong :p

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 31. May 22, 04:01

So got home from work today expecting to have a nice session and.... Computer wouldn't turn on.

Power supply shorted and took out my motherboard as well. I'll be back when i have a working computer again.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Tue, 31. May 22, 10:10

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 31. May 22, 04:01
So got home from work today expecting to have a nice session and.... Computer wouldn't turn on.

Power supply shorted and took out my motherboard as well. I'll be back when i have a working computer again.
Ouch so sorry to hear that :(

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:08

I have an inquiry. How do I make missile launchers and chaff launchers ammoless?I wanted to make heavy assault missile turrets for the Caldari not use any ammo and have a much longer refire rate. I also wanted to make chaff have a longer reload and infinite ammo as well.

The reason being is that in my brief testing, I came across a large battle between the Caldari and Xenon and the Caldari seemingly ran out of ammo and didn't resupply. I took a turret and changed the bullet class to reference the missile I wanted. However, doing that resulted in a turret which did not fire. To add and slightly off tangent, I wonder what this would do to the economy if I could get an ammoless missile turret. Nonetheless, the game doesn't like to ever cooperate and it makes little sense to me that all the other weapons are infinite. The game should have been tailored and polished for all ships to need "supplies" or not have any consumable ammo, in my opinion.

Other than the inquiry, I will say that I think the eve ships are well done. I too noticed at a distance the Charon to seemingly be over lighted. Up close it looks good to me. I also like the reduced travel speed in vro lite and wouldn't mind a further reduction in travel speed. The other modules are a substantial net positive for the game too.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:57

Mountain_Puncher wrote:
Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:08
I have an inquiry. How do I make missile launchers and chaff launchers ammoless?I wanted to make heavy assault missile turrets for the Caldari not use any ammo and have a much longer refire rate. I also wanted to make chaff have a longer reload and infinite ammo as well.

The reason being is that in my brief testing, I came across a large battle between the Caldari and Xenon and the Caldari seemingly ran out of ammo and didn't resupply. I took a turret and changed the bullet class to reference the missile I wanted. However, doing that resulted in a turret which did not fire. To add and slightly off tangent, I wonder what this would do to the economy if I could get an ammoless missile turret. Nonetheless, the game doesn't like to ever cooperate and it makes little sense to me that all the other weapons are infinite. The game should have been tailored and polished for all ships to need "supplies" or not have any consumable ammo, in my opinion.

Other than the inquiry, I will say that I think the eve ships are well done. I too noticed at a distance the Charon to seemingly be over lighted. Up close it looks good to me. I also like the reduced travel speed in vro lite and wouldn't mind a further reduction in travel speed. The other modules are a substantial net positive for the game too.
So there is no way to make missiles ammo-less afaik. Before my psu and mb died i was testing a new update with the short range versions of each factions weapons, longer range missiles, and adds rail guns (not blasters though) to caldari. They will still have several missile only slots on ships.

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 00:35

I shall defer to your expertise and pursue the matter no further. What you have described would certainly be a welcome addition. Hopefully, your computer repair goes smoothly.

wildernessbox

Post by wildernessbox » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01

Regarding your faction mods, is it normal to have a 15-20 fps drop when using them? I saw someone earlier mention that they have some sort of epic brawl at the start that evens out after some ships blow up. Is this still accurate?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:34

wildernessbox wrote:
Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01
Regarding your faction mods, is it normal to have a 15-20 fps drop when using them? I saw someone earlier mention that they have some sort of epic brawl at the start that evens out after some ships blow up. Is this still accurate?
Only if u combine dead air whith xenon awekening mod, othervise not really fps drop only for couple minutes during new game start

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 16:17

wildernessbox wrote:
Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01
It is a higher workload and especially initially when large battles take place. As ships are destroyed it becomes less noticeable.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”