[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:57

Mountain_Puncher wrote:
Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:08
I have an inquiry. How do I make missile launchers and chaff launchers ammoless?I wanted to make heavy assault missile turrets for the Caldari not use any ammo and have a much longer refire rate. I also wanted to make chaff have a longer reload and infinite ammo as well.

The reason being is that in my brief testing, I came across a large battle between the Caldari and Xenon and the Caldari seemingly ran out of ammo and didn't resupply. I took a turret and changed the bullet class to reference the missile I wanted. However, doing that resulted in a turret which did not fire. To add and slightly off tangent, I wonder what this would do to the economy if I could get an ammoless missile turret. Nonetheless, the game doesn't like to ever cooperate and it makes little sense to me that all the other weapons are infinite. The game should have been tailored and polished for all ships to need "supplies" or not have any consumable ammo, in my opinion.

Other than the inquiry, I will say that I think the eve ships are well done. I too noticed at a distance the Charon to seemingly be over lighted. Up close it looks good to me. I also like the reduced travel speed in vro lite and wouldn't mind a further reduction in travel speed. The other modules are a substantial net positive for the game too.
So there is no way to make missiles ammo-less afaik. Before my psu and mb died i was testing a new update with the short range versions of each factions weapons, longer range missiles, and adds rail guns (not blasters though) to caldari. They will still have several missile only slots on ships.

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 00:35

I shall defer to your expertise and pursue the matter no further. What you have described would certainly be a welcome addition. Hopefully, your computer repair goes smoothly.

wildernessbox

Post by wildernessbox » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01

Regarding your faction mods, is it normal to have a 15-20 fps drop when using them? I saw someone earlier mention that they have some sort of epic brawl at the start that evens out after some ships blow up. Is this still accurate?

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:34

wildernessbox wrote:
Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01
Regarding your faction mods, is it normal to have a 15-20 fps drop when using them? I saw someone earlier mention that they have some sort of epic brawl at the start that evens out after some ships blow up. Is this still accurate?
Only if u combine dead air whith xenon awekening mod, othervise not really fps drop only for couple minutes during new game start

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 16:17

wildernessbox wrote:
Thu, 9. Jun 22, 14:01
It is a higher workload and especially initially when large battles take place. As ships are destroyed it becomes less noticeable.

JRaven2001
x4

Post by JRaven2001 » Sat, 11. Jun 22, 06:52

Hello! I need some clarification if my game is acting the way it's supposed to with some of your mods enabled. I'm using most of your mods like the God, Fill, Wares, etc., no eve stuff and no tater trader.

The main issue I'm facing is the economy with the NPC factions. Everywhere I go to buy a ship from a Wharf or Shipyard, they just never have enough materials to fill the order for even a few ships. I don't know if this is intentional or not. In Terran space no mods base game, I could order huge amounts of ships without them running out of supplies for a long time, somewhere around 60ish Katanas before they ran out of stuff. When I went to Paranids (Godrealm, can't remember), I didn't have issues there either. Basically, I didn't really have issues with material shortages at all anywhere I went. The only one that had serious problems was ZYA (Zyarth I think?), FRF (Free Families I believe) was a close second to ZYA in material shortages, but the Splits were the only ones that struggled.

With your mods installed, I just can't figure out why every faction I go to is suffering from massive material shortages. I don't know if it's intentional, but any kind of clarification would be nice. I don't particularly feel like giving up your mods because I like the re-balanced layouts for stations and the universe.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 11. Jun 22, 13:53

JRaven2001 wrote:
Sat, 11. Jun 22, 06:52
Hello! I need some clarification if my game is acting the way it's supposed to with some of your mods enabled. I'm using most of your mods like the God, Fill, Wares, etc., no eve stuff and no tater trader.

The main issue I'm facing is the economy with the NPC factions. Everywhere I go to buy a ship from a Wharf or Shipyard, they just never have enough materials to fill the order for even a few ships. I don't know if this is intentional or not. In Terran space no mods base game, I could order huge amounts of ships without them running out of supplies for a long time, somewhere around 60ish Katanas before they ran out of stuff. When I went to Paranids (Godrealm, can't remember), I didn't have issues there either. Basically, I didn't really have issues with material shortages at all anywhere I went. The only one that had serious problems was ZYA (Zyarth I think?), FRF (Free Families I believe) was a close second to ZYA in material shortages, but the Splits were the only ones that struggled.

With your mods installed, I just can't figure out why every faction I go to is suffering from massive material shortages. I don't know if it's intentional, but any kind of clarification would be nice. I don't particularly feel like giving up your mods because I like the re-balanced layouts for stations and the universe.
I would need to know what other mods you are running but the economies are much stronger with my mods than without. If they are low on materials it means either that there is a lot of fighting going on or you have something wrong.

JRaven2001
x4

Post by JRaven2001 » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 04:18

DeadAir Ware
DeadAir Fill
DeadAir God
DeadAir Jobs
DeadAir Dynamic Wars
Kuda AI Tweaks
Mod Support APIs
Civilian Fleets

Kept getting booted from forum, lost my original post. Keeping it short now. Xenon pushes strongly into Factions. Factions are pushing heavily into Xenon. Faction vs Faction minimal. Lots of traders, miners, and no production stations lost. Don't think there should be shortages from the massive miners, traders though. May try new game again for replication

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 04:40

JRaven2001 wrote:
Sun, 12. Jun 22, 04:18
DeadAir Ware
DeadAir Fill
DeadAir God
DeadAir Jobs
DeadAir Dynamic Wars
Kuda AI Tweaks
Mod Support APIs
Civilian Fleets

Kept getting booted from forum, lost my original post. Keeping it short now. Xenon pushes strongly into Factions. Factions are pushing heavily into Xenon. Faction vs Faction minimal. Lots of traders, miners, and no production stations lost. Don't think there should be shortages from the massive miners, traders though. May try new game again for replication
There is a lot more production going on compared to vanilla. If you go into the ware info screen from dynamic wars, can you take a screenshot of one of the factions? Their production initially isn't full since they need to build up optimal workforce but they may have a transportation shortage if wares are mostly half bright green (150% of wanted)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Jun 22, 18:55

Hi,

I've been using Tater Trader for ages and assumed it obeyed Blacklists, as it gave me no reason to think it didn't. However, despite a Travel Blacklist being in place for Hatikvah's Choice I, my single Tater Trader has started insisting on travelling through this (very dangerous, Xenon invasion) sector. Am I missing something here? I have the Travel Blacklist set to not go through this sector and it set as Default for both Military and Civilian Ships. It's the ONLY blacklist I've set, and I add / remove sectors as the universe evolves. Currently this sector is locked down - added to the List - but it's being ignored by Tater Trader. Other station Traders and Miners are obeying the restriction just fine. Any ideas?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 13. Jun 22, 20:22

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 18:55
Hi,

I've been using Tater Trader for ages and assumed it obeyed Blacklists, as it gave me no reason to think it didn't. However, despite a Travel Blacklist being in place for Hatikvah's Choice I, my single Tater Trader has started insisting on travelling through this (very dangerous, Xenon invasion) sector. Am I missing something here? I have the Travel Blacklist set to not go through this sector and it set as Default for both Military and Civilian Ships. It's the ONLY blacklist I've set, and I add / remove sectors as the universe evolves. Currently this sector is locked down - added to the List - but it's being ignored by Tater Trader. Other station Traders and Miners are obeying the restriction just fine. Any ideas?
Tater doesn't ignore blacklists and is more strict than vanilla. You should never just set a travel blacklist without an activity list. If you can provide screenshots, I'll actually take the time to look into it but after about 100 reports from people about this and it being user error, I'm kind of tired of it. Nothing personal.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Jun 22, 21:10

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 20:22
Tater doesn't ignore blacklists and is more strict than vanilla. You should never just set a travel blacklist without an activity list. If you can provide screenshots, I'll actually take the time to look into it but after about 100 reports from people about this and it being user error, I'm kind of tired of it. Nothing personal.
The Tater Trader isn't actually trying to Buy / Sell anything in the Blacklisted sector, rather it's trying to travel through it to get to its destination. I don't have any Activity Blacklists set up, as the Travel one has been sufficient to prevent all other ships from traversing.

I'll keep checking and set up an Activity Blacklist too - even though it shouldn't be required in theory - and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: I'll set up the TT again and snag a screenshot... just need to remember what the key is for that as I don't have the Steam version lol.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 13. Jun 22, 22:24

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 21:10
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 20:22
The Tater Trader isn't actually trying to Buy / Sell anything in the Blacklisted sector, rather it's trying to travel through it to get to its destination. I don't have any Activity Blacklists set up, as the Travel one has been sufficient to prevent all other ships from traversing.

I'll keep checking and set up an Activity Blacklist too - even though it shouldn't be required in theory - and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: I'll set up the TT again and snag a screenshot... just need to remember what the key is for that as I don't have the Steam version lol.
You aren't running nexus version of tater are you?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 00:08

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 22:24
GitHub version 1.22. Will try it on another ship...

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 02:49

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 14. Jun 22, 00:08
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 13. Jun 22, 22:24
GitHub version 1.22. Will try it on another ship...
So a few things that might be happening
1) if the trader's anchor sector is blacklisted, it will ignore the rest of the blacklists (vanilla behavior)
2) if the sector can be reached safely but you haven't discovered a route, it will repeatedly fail if that is the best trade it wants
3) if you use tatertrader and have "free trade" it will use a less robust blacklist filtering
4) if you change blacklist settings when it already passed the calculating parameters, they will not apply. Sometimes completely resetting the order is needed.
5) if you are still having trouble, use Dead Tater and let me know if you are having issues

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 11:21

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 15. Jun 22, 02:49

So a few things that might be happening
1) if the trader's anchor sector is blacklisted, it will ignore the rest of the blacklists (vanilla behavior)
2) if the sector can be reached safely but you haven't discovered a route, it will repeatedly fail if that is the best trade it wants
3) if you use tatertrader and have "free trade" it will use a less robust blacklist filtering
4) if you change blacklist settings when it already passed the calculating parameters, they will not apply. Sometimes completely resetting the order is needed.
5) if you are still having trouble, use Dead Tater and let me know if you are having issues
Thanks for the tips, none of those cases applied though.

I have since removed the Blacklist as I was able to secure the sector, pushing back the Xenon. If I have to Blacklist another sector - Second Contact II Flashpoint is a likely candidate, Xenon again - I'll see how I get on.

The odd thing was that my TT ship appeared to be obeying the Blacklist for hours - it never ventured into the sector one - then suddenly, every time I restarted TT it insisted on travelling through that sector. I don't really tinker with the TT settings, just set the thing going as the defaults generally work pretty well. I did set another Freighter going with Dead Tater, I'll check if it has the same problem if I need to Blacklist again.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:11

Hello, Question Ceremonial ,Accelerator?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:14

raim729 wrote:
Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:11
Hello, Question Ceremonial ,Accelerator?
If you are asking about the option to activate or deactivate the funeral gate (translated to ceremonial accelerator i believe), it is part of the split story. I never do story content so i added the option to make that sector accessible.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:26

yes thanks info

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 02:43

Hi,

Further to my earlier post, I switched any Tater Traders I had over to the Dead Tater option. They've been working great, but I had to blacklist Hatikvah's Choice I again. Ship avoided the sector for quite a long time, then I had two Dead Taters fly through the sector within minutes of each other, requiring manual rescue.

I don't know how often the Blacklist is checked, but these ships had recently sold their wares and were on their next "buy" stage when they flew through this Blacklisted sector. Other ships - regular station traders - are avoiding this sector perfectly. I don't think it's me doing something wrong.

The Dead Taters have an Anchor Sector of Argon Prime, a 4 gate max distance for buy and sell, the distance Penalty is enabled and set to 5/10 (I didn't change these, so I assume that's default). My faction First is OFF, Ignore Trade Rules is OFF, Auto Wares is ON. Allow Illegal Wares is OFF, Enable Maximum Volumes is OFF and Enable Logbook Message is on.

They work great from a trading perspective, but they really seem to have a problem with Blacklisted sectors. I'm not sure what else might be wrong, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm aware that I run other mods, so it's not necessarily a matter of you checking my save of course.

Note: I have TWO Blacklists, the first in "Don't Travel Through Here" (Travel) in which I add any risky sectors, removing them if they're cleared. This is the default for both Military and Civilian ships. I then have a second Blacklist of "Don't work here" (Activities) which is just for civilian ships. The only potential confusion here is that the Dead Taters are Military Ships (VRO's Incarcatura Raiders) which are basically armed Freighters. They really shouldn't be classed as destroyers as they're quite weak. So, the second Blacklist would not apply to these ships, but the travel one should stop them as they're NOT trading in Hatikvah's Choice I, simply travelling through it, against the first Blacklist rule.

Oh, even if I "Remove all orders and assignments" for these ships, then set them as Dead Taters again fresh, they'll often immediately go where they should not, in this case, travel through Hatikvah's Choice I.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”