[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 14. May 22, 18:47

kasan wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 18:32
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 18:26
kasan wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 17:17
I'm sure it was buried in the comments somewhere, but I went back as far as the release of 5.0 and didn't see a post about it:

Where are all the EVE Faction sectors? I've found only a few sectors; Amamake, New Caldari, Jita, Rens... Mindatar systems are disjointed and not connected to each other, I can't find Amarr anywhere, but I suspect similar issues. Is it something you haven't had time to look at, or a design choice on the disconnection?

Edit: I did see you switched form Null Sec constellations to Low/High sec.
The sectors are connected, it sounds like you have a poorly written mod breaking stuff.
Nope, I'm just blind as bat. I found the Gallentte cluster and realized my issue: I never spent enough time in High Sec to remember any of the system names outside of Jita/Permemiter/New Caldari, or the other major trade hubs. I found Amarr in the map and manually looked up all the connected systems until I found them all.

Edit: I haven't found any shipyards or wharfs yet tho.
They are usually found near the ring of resources in central sector (amarr prime, new caldari, luminaire, and matar iirc)

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Mon, 16. May 22, 15:44

Maybe it was already somewhere in the 30 pages, so sorry if that's asked again...

I started X4 5.10 with current VRO and among others "No SuperHighways" (by Anon). Now I came across your mods again and would like to add the following:
- DeadAir Gate (instead of No SuperHighways)
- Ware, Fill, DynamicWar and TaterTrader

First question that now arises: can I also do this on an existing save?

Second question: how about the EVE faction mods? That sounds like a reboot - but I can't find anything here or on GitHub.

And while I'm at it: 3rd question:
The recommended AI tweak (Kuertee/DeadAirRT) is a combination of both mods? So the one from Github is enough, there is no need to get Kuertee's mod separately?

Thanks for an answer :)
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 16. May 22, 18:06

Reisser wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 15:44
Maybe it was already somewhere in the 30 pages, so sorry if that's asked again...

I started X4 5.10 with current VRO and among others "No SuperHighways" (by Anon). Now I came across your mods again and would like to add the following:
- DeadAir Gate (instead of No SuperHighways)
- Ware, Fill, DynamicWar and TaterTrader

First question that now arises: can I also do this on an existing save?

Second question: how about the EVE faction mods? That sounds like a reboot - but I can't find anything here or on GitHub.

And while I'm at it: 3rd question:
The recommended AI tweak (Kuertee/DeadAirRT) is a combination of both mods? So the one from Github is enough, there is no need to get Kuertee's mod separately?

Thanks for an answer :)
Fill, dynamic wars, and tater can be added/removed at any time.

Ware and jobs can be added mid save but the economy may struggle for a bit to adjust. I highly recommend using ware, god, and jobs on a new game because it will have stronger economies, fewer stations but more productive, and more efficient distribution of economy and combat ships.

Gate can be added with only minor differences (some of the added resource regions may not be visible to AI for low attention mining)

My factions and ships are set up to work when adding mid save but i have not tested. Many people have asked but never told me if it worked or not lol. It is basically set up like a DLC so unless there is extra back end stuff not visible to modders, it should work.

The ai tweaks are a joint project between kuertee and i but i still highly recommend his mods especially the friendly fire tweaks.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 16. May 22, 18:09

I can confirm eve factions works mid save

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Mon, 16. May 22, 19:20

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Ok, I guess I'll start again then. It's a pity about the weekend, but it's only been 20 hours so far anyway :D

Otherwise it's really great that you're still modding/updating here. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case with an older game. It's a pity for many other mods that don't work anymore, but you take what you can get.

Oh yes - and also very good that your mods are not on Steam. On the one hand I bought X4 from GOG and can't get to the workshop that way, on the other hand I find it wrong to incorporate community work into itself and only distribute it to Steam buyers.
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Tue, 17. May 22, 02:15

Im trying replace caladri missile launcherch whith other weapons just to test how it behive but i can see only xl ships can normaly change to new weapons but all L and M class ship ate extremely random and on new game start somenof them dont have weapons but some of them have what im doing wrong i changes wares component and macro in librarys and md and index folders

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Tue, 17. May 22, 11:11

A question about DeadAir AI tweaks:

Since I've been using them, I've had to notice that in large fleet battles (Xenon / Argon), sometimes significantly fewer containers have fallen.

In similar battles at the same place, 10-20 containers were left over the thumb (things like tuning parts, spacefly eggs, skill books, components of various kinds, ...) - a found feast for my dedicated collector :)

Now, even after the sector was full of wrecks, there was just one tuning part in space :o

I watched the whole thing yesterday for over 2 hours without it becoming significantly more (apart from the wrecks ... they kept increasing)

Before that I didn't use a mod that could have increased the drop rate. From yesterday the DeadAir AI tweaks.

Could that be because of this? At least a few things about the loot will be changed according to the readme.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 17. May 22, 15:03

Reisser wrote:
Tue, 17. May 22, 11:11
A question about DeadAir AI tweaks:

Since I've been using them, I've had to notice that in large fleet battles (Xenon / Argon), sometimes significantly fewer containers have fallen.

In similar battles at the same place, 10-20 containers were left over the thumb (things like tuning parts, spacefly eggs, skill books, components of various kinds, ...) - a found feast for my dedicated collector :)

Now, even after the sector was full of wrecks, there was just one tuning part in space :o

I watched the whole thing yesterday for over 2 hours without it becoming significantly more (apart from the wrecks ... they kept increasing)

Before that I didn't use a mod that could have increased the drop rate. From yesterday the DeadAir AI tweaks.

Could that be because of this? At least a few things about the loot will be changed according to the readme.
My changes only add training seminars to drops, it does not change how many drops you get.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 19. May 22, 00:48

Quick question can you pass vars from simple menu API to an AI script?

I am trying to create a MD menu and can't get the vars passed to an AI script diff file.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 19. May 22, 05:08

siath70 wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 00:48

I am trying to create a MD menu and can't get the vars passed to an AI script diff file.
Ai scripts only have access to globals afaik. Kuertee would know more than i do.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 19. May 22, 07:11

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 05:08
siath70 wrote:

Ai scripts only have access to globals afaik. Kuertee would know more than i do.
Cool thanks!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 19. May 22, 07:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
siath70 wrote:

yah, aiscripts don't have access to md scripts.
i pass vars from md to aiscript by setting a global var to the cue when it is initialised.
e.g. in MD:

Code: Select all

<cue name="Foo" namespace="this">
<actions>
<set_value name="global.$Foo" exact="this" />
<set_value name="$var" exact="'foo bar'" />
</actions>
in aiscript:

<set_value name="$var" exact="global.$Foo.$var" />
<debug_text text="'$var" />
that's how i pass vars from Extension Options to aiscripts in our Kuda AI Tweaks mod.
i.e. the actual vars used in the aiscripts and are accessible from the Extension Options are scoped in an MD cue.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 19. May 22, 14:43

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 07:16
DeadAirRT wrote:
siath70 wrote:

yah, aiscripts don't have access to md scripts.
i pass vars from md to aiscript by setting a global var to the cue when it is initialised.
e.g. in MD:

<cue name="Foo" namespace="this">
<actions>
<set_value name="global.$Foo" exact="this" />
<set_value name="$var" exact="'foo bar'" />
</actions>
in aiscript:

<set_value name="$var" exact="global.$Foo.$var" />
<debug_text text="'$var" />
that's how i pass vars from Extension Options to aiscripts in our Kuda AI Tweaks mod.
i.e. the actual vars used in the aiscripts and are accessible from the Extension Options are scoped in an MD cue.
Thank you very much for the help, you guys are the best!

Necessarious
x4

Post by Necessarious » Sat, 21. May 22, 21:00

I've probably missed it somewhere but is there any reason why the Eve Factions wont place orders at my shipyards/wharfs?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 21. May 22, 21:09

Necessarious wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:00
I've probably missed it somewhere but is there any reason why the Eve Factions wont place orders at my shipyards/wharfs?
There's nothing in particular blocking it. You would need their weapon blueprints since they don't use other factions. You would also need the blueprint for the engine for cruiser sized larges.

Necessarious
x4

Post by Necessarious » Sun, 22. May 22, 04:55

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:09
Necessarious wrote:
There's nothing in particular blocking it. You would need their weapon blueprints since they don't use other factions. You would also need the blueprint for the engine for cruiser sized larges.
Idk then. I have their BluePrints and Weapons. Right now I built one so I could solely support the Amarr but they will not order any ships at all. I literally have bought no other blueprints but the blueprints I can get from Amarr. Im trying to do an Amarr only playthrough. Even though I dont have the Argon or Antigone weapons they are the ones that order ships from my Wharf half the Universe away. I havnt really tested it for the L and XL Shipyards yet.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 22. May 22, 05:04

Necessarious wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 04:55
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 21:09
Necessarious wrote:
Idk then. I have their BluePrints and Weapons. Right now I built one so I could solely support the Amarr but they will not order any ships at all. I literally have bought no other blueprints but the blueprints I can get from Amarr. Im trying to do an Amarr only playthrough. Even though I dont have the Argon or Antigone weapons they are the ones that order ships from my Wharf half the Universe away. I havnt really tested it for the L and XL Shipyards yet.
Oh did you get the ishield bp too? Afaik it should work fine, their economy should be mostly fine where they can mostly handle their own ship building. If they happen to get low on turret components then it should definitely pick up.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 23. May 22, 13:50

Is there some ships updates comming soon ? More factions or something ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 24. May 22, 19:09

XoSPECTRE wrote:
Mon, 23. May 22, 13:50
Is there some ships updates comming soon ? More factions or something ?
Are you really asking me this?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 29. May 22, 01:42

Hi,

Perhaps it's been there a while but I just noticed that alongside the "TaterTrader" option I'm used to near the bottom of the Default Behaviour list, there's also a "Dead Tater" option just below the vanilla Local and Advanced AutoTrade options. I've never noticed this before, and I seem to be unable to find a description on it. Considering you took over the maintenance of TaterTrader from ludsloe (sp?) have I been using the wrong one?

(Caveat: it's very late, I'm very tired and I just noticed this as I was about to log off for the eve)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”