[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 11:21

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 15. Jun 22, 02:49

So a few things that might be happening
1) if the trader's anchor sector is blacklisted, it will ignore the rest of the blacklists (vanilla behavior)
2) if the sector can be reached safely but you haven't discovered a route, it will repeatedly fail if that is the best trade it wants
3) if you use tatertrader and have "free trade" it will use a less robust blacklist filtering
4) if you change blacklist settings when it already passed the calculating parameters, they will not apply. Sometimes completely resetting the order is needed.
5) if you are still having trouble, use Dead Tater and let me know if you are having issues
Thanks for the tips, none of those cases applied though.

I have since removed the Blacklist as I was able to secure the sector, pushing back the Xenon. If I have to Blacklist another sector - Second Contact II Flashpoint is a likely candidate, Xenon again - I'll see how I get on.

The odd thing was that my TT ship appeared to be obeying the Blacklist for hours - it never ventured into the sector one - then suddenly, every time I restarted TT it insisted on travelling through that sector. I don't really tinker with the TT settings, just set the thing going as the defaults generally work pretty well. I did set another Freighter going with Dead Tater, I'll check if it has the same problem if I need to Blacklist again.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:11

Hello, Question Ceremonial ,Accelerator?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:14

raim729 wrote:
Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:11
Hello, Question Ceremonial ,Accelerator?
If you are asking about the option to activate or deactivate the funeral gate (translated to ceremonial accelerator i believe), it is part of the split story. I never do story content so i added the option to make that sector accessible.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 14:26

yes thanks info

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 02:43

Hi,

Further to my earlier post, I switched any Tater Traders I had over to the Dead Tater option. They've been working great, but I had to blacklist Hatikvah's Choice I again. Ship avoided the sector for quite a long time, then I had two Dead Taters fly through the sector within minutes of each other, requiring manual rescue.

I don't know how often the Blacklist is checked, but these ships had recently sold their wares and were on their next "buy" stage when they flew through this Blacklisted sector. Other ships - regular station traders - are avoiding this sector perfectly. I don't think it's me doing something wrong.

The Dead Taters have an Anchor Sector of Argon Prime, a 4 gate max distance for buy and sell, the distance Penalty is enabled and set to 5/10 (I didn't change these, so I assume that's default). My faction First is OFF, Ignore Trade Rules is OFF, Auto Wares is ON. Allow Illegal Wares is OFF, Enable Maximum Volumes is OFF and Enable Logbook Message is on.

They work great from a trading perspective, but they really seem to have a problem with Blacklisted sectors. I'm not sure what else might be wrong, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm aware that I run other mods, so it's not necessarily a matter of you checking my save of course.

Note: I have TWO Blacklists, the first in "Don't Travel Through Here" (Travel) in which I add any risky sectors, removing them if they're cleared. This is the default for both Military and Civilian ships. I then have a second Blacklist of "Don't work here" (Activities) which is just for civilian ships. The only potential confusion here is that the Dead Taters are Military Ships (VRO's Incarcatura Raiders) which are basically armed Freighters. They really shouldn't be classed as destroyers as they're quite weak. So, the second Blacklist would not apply to these ships, but the travel one should stop them as they're NOT trading in Hatikvah's Choice I, simply travelling through it, against the first Blacklist rule.

Oh, even if I "Remove all orders and assignments" for these ships, then set them as Dead Taters again fresh, they'll often immediately go where they should not, in this case, travel through Hatikvah's Choice I.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 04:39

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 02:43
Hi,

Further to my earlier post, I switched any Tater Traders I had over to the Dead Tater option. They've been working great, but I had to blacklist Hatikvah's Choice I again. Ship avoided the sector for quite a long time, then I had two Dead Taters fly through the sector within minutes of each other, requiring manual rescue.

I don't know how often the Blacklist is checked, but these ships had recently sold their wares and were on their next "buy" stage when they flew through this Blacklisted sector. Other ships - regular station traders - are avoiding this sector perfectly. I don't think it's me doing something wrong.

The Dead Taters have an Anchor Sector of Argon Prime, a 4 gate max distance for buy and sell, the distance Penalty is enabled and set to 5/10 (I didn't change these, so I assume that's default). My faction First is OFF, Ignore Trade Rules is OFF, Auto Wares is ON. Allow Illegal Wares is OFF, Enable Maximum Volumes is OFF and Enable Logbook Message is on.

They work great from a trading perspective, but they really seem to have a problem with Blacklisted sectors. I'm not sure what else might be wrong, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm aware that I run other mods, so it's not necessarily a matter of you checking my save of course.

Note: I have TWO Blacklists, the first in "Don't Travel Through Here" (Travel) in which I add any risky sectors, removing them if they're cleared. This is the default for both Military and Civilian ships. I then have a second Blacklist of "Don't work here" (Activities) which is just for civilian ships. The only potential confusion here is that the Dead Taters are Military Ships (VRO's Incarcatura Raiders) which are basically armed Freighters. They really shouldn't be classed as destroyers as they're quite weak. So, the second Blacklist would not apply to these ships, but the travel one should stop them as they're NOT trading in Hatikvah's Choice I, simply travelling through it, against the first Blacklist rule.

Oh, even if I "Remove all orders and assignments" for these ships, then set them as Dead Taters again fresh, they'll often immediately go where they should not, in this case, travel through Hatikvah's Choice I.
I hate to repeat this again, they follow vanilla blacklist rules and have an extra layer on top that filters even more. The path generation they follow is a purely vanilla function. I already mentioned you should use both filters, you decided not to for some reason. The vanilla pathfinding will completely ignore blacklists if they are in a system that is blacklisted when the path is generated.

I have done very extensive testing and not had my traders violate blacklists unless they ended up in a travel blacklist sector due to activity. In every instance this has been reported, it has been user error or vanilla behavior.

What sector did they start searching in when they violated blacklist? What is your relation with the sector owner?
What sector were they traveling to when they violated blacklist? Did you blacklist both sectors in hatikvahs choice?
What does their individual instructions look like?
Does this happen with proper civilian ships or just the vro ship?
If you put a different ship in the sector they started and tell it to move to the sector the ship wanted to trade in, does it also violate blacklist?

Oinaris
x4

Post by Oinaris » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 06:21

So, I have an issue and I don't know how to fix it.

I have all the Faction and Caldari mods installed (Faction Caldari, Factions VRO, Caldari Ships, VRO itself) and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts. Looking into the Extensions in the pause menu, they are all "on". However, I am not seeing any Caldari Ships nor can I build them at my shipyard. I cannot build their railguns either, but I can build the HAMs. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 07:26

Hi DeadAir! Love your work, hope you're doing well.
Started a new game these days after a long time away from x4 with some of your mods, and overall they're working great, but i have some questions/feedback to give related to dynamic wars, if you don't mind:

1. Is there a way the player faction can mirror one factions relations towards others? (i.e i want to play as argon ally and have the same enemies/friends argon has) I have been changing my relations manually every time dynamic wars updates, but it would be great to have this as an option;

2. If i understand correctly, even if two distant factions ( like terrans and zya, for example) are in war, they cant fight for sectors, right? they need to have a border to fight to send invasion/defensive fleets. On this topic, how hard it would be ( and how functional, on a game balance state ) to have connections between sectors for every major faction? kind of like x3 was. ( i.e connecting uranus to heart of acrimony, mercury to family kritt, etc )

3. There's one file in your github called "dynamicwarslorefriendly" or something like that. It is still working fine on the newest 5.1 version even with the new factions? It is a great idea to have dynamic relations between blocks, but since the last release is from 2020, idk if you are still working on this idea.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 12:35

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 04:39

I hate to repeat this again, they follow vanilla blacklist rules and have an extra layer on top that filters even more. The path generation they follow is a purely vanilla function. I already mentioned you should use both filters, you decided not to for some reason. The vanilla pathfinding will completely ignore blacklists if they are in a system that is blacklisted when the path is generated.

I have done very extensive testing and not had my traders violate blacklists unless they ended up in a travel blacklist sector due to activity. In every instance this has been reported, it has been user error or vanilla behavior.

What sector did they start searching in when they violated blacklist? What is your relation with the sector owner?
What sector were they traveling to when they violated blacklist? Did you blacklist both sectors in hatikvahs choice?
If you put a different ship in the sector they started and tell it to move to the sector the ship wanted to trade in, does it also violate blacklist?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't use both Blacklists due to using Military-class ships for trading - it's a dangerous universe, my regular Freighters were vulnerable to groups of Fighters, the Destroyer-class "armed Freighters" I'm using can generally shrug off such annoyances. So, while the Travel Blacklist covers both Civilian and Military ships, the Activities does not as I have military ships on patrol duty in several sectors that are a little too risky for traders. If these ships were trying to Trade in a Travel-banned sector, I'd get it. They're not however, they were just travelling through.

I'll do more testing. However, as mentioned, if I "rescue" one of the Dead Taters, manually sending it to a neighbouring safe sector, then clear down all orders and assignments before setting the Dead Tater behaviour again it will often fly back *through* the banned sector, not to trade there, purely to pass through it. Don't worry too much, something quirky is going on. Perhaps I'm upsetting things by often adding / removing Sectors from the banned list as events unfold. Of course, I get that a ship already in transit when a sector is added might not obey the ban, hence why I was asking how the Blacklist checking behaviour operates. I thought it might check before each Gate (accelerator etc.) transit, but it does not appear to do so. That's why I've tested clearing the Dead Tater behaviour, then setting it again, only to see it instantly disobey the Travel restriction to work in a sector the other side of it.

I'm not too worried, I just don't quite understand why they seem to work great for ages, then appear to ignore the travel ban. Could well be linked to the other mods I use of course, I just don't know. However, regular trade ships - those given manual trading orders and those reporting to stations - all appear to be very well behaved. I'll assign one of them as a DT and see if it breaks the rules from time to time too.

I will go through each point you've raised again when I'm in-game later. I suspect it's the type of ship I'm using that might be confusing things, even though the Travel restriction is applied to both Civilian and Military. DT is great and it did seem to be more well behaved than regular TT initially. I just get these odd breaking the rules sessions, where all appeared to be well for hours beforehand. Sorry to be a pain, I know it's near impossible to diagnose what might be going on in someone else's game especially when there are other mods involved. Plus of course, even in a totally vanilla game, X4's route plotting sometimes throws total wobblies and does weird things, I've reported several instances of this during prior Betas.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:54

Oinaris wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 06:21

I have all the Faction and Caldari mods installed (Faction Caldari, Factions VRO, Caldari Ships, VRO itself) and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts. Looking into the Extensions in the pause menu, they are all "on". However, I am not seeing any Caldari Ships nor can I build them at my shipyard. I cannot build their railguns either, but I can build the HAMs. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Double check the folder names. The caldari faction may be double foldered and github likes to add -master to folder names which breaks custom assets.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:02

jlvitorasso wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 07:26
Started a new game these days after a long time away from x4 with some of your mods, and overall they're working great, but i have some questions/feedback to give related to dynamic wars, if you don't mind:

1. Is there a way the player faction can mirror one factions relations towards others? (i.e i want to play as argon ally and have the same enemies/friends argon has) I have been changing my relations manually every time dynamic wars updates, but it would be great to have this as an option;

2. If i understand correctly, even if two distant factions ( like terrans and zya, for example) are in war, they cant fight for sectors, right? they need to have a border to fight to send invasion/defensive fleets. On this topic, how hard it would be ( and how functional, on a game balance state ) to have connections between sectors for every major faction? kind of like x3 was. ( i.e connecting uranus to heart of acrimony, mercury to family kritt, etc )

3. There's one file in your github called "dynamicwarslorefriendly" or something like that. It is still working fine on the newest 5.1 version even with the new factions? It is a great idea to have dynamic relations between blocks, but since the last release is from 2020, idk if you are still working on this idea.
1) it would take quite a bit of work to make the player relation match an AI so sadly i probably won't implement something like that. You can always lower your relation with anyone for free, and once you are above 20 with a faction you get a diplomatic favor that allows one free change with that faction.

2) they do need to border for actual claiming wars. Connecting every major faction would destroy the balance because the AI doesn't use blacklists so they would send eco ships constantly to their deaths. I have expeditions in the works where they will fight long range but not try to claim the sector.

3) that was a very very old version and i don't know if it works at all. It would be missing the majority of the features. The weighting makes the factions almost act like blocks anyways due to race, current relations, common friends/enemies, and some other factors counting toward faction selection for the events.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:06

Can the additional Factions (with their ships) be added mid-game or is that asking for trouble?

Some extra factions to help against the Xenon would be cool, plus I'd love to discover some new sectors.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:07

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 12:35
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 04:39

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't use both Blacklists due to using Military-class ships for trading - it's a dangerous universe, my regular Freighters were vulnerable to groups of Fighters, the Destroyer-class "armed Freighters" I'm using can generally shrug off such annoyances. So, while the Travel Blacklist covers both Civilian and Military ships, the Activities does not as I have military ships on patrol duty in several sectors that are a little too risky for traders. If these ships were trying to Trade in a Travel-banned sector, I'd get it. They're not however, they were just travelling through.

I'll do more testing. However, as mentioned, if I "rescue" one of the Dead Taters, manually sending it to a neighbouring safe sector, then clear down all orders and assignments before setting the Dead Tater behaviour again it will often fly back *through* the banned sector, not to trade there, purely to pass through it. Don't worry too much, something quirky is going on. Perhaps I'm upsetting things by often adding / removing Sectors from the banned list as events unfold. Of course, I get that a ship already in transit when a sector is added might not obey the ban, hence why I was asking how the Blacklist checking behaviour operates. I thought it might check before each Gate (accelerator etc.) transit, but it does not appear to do so. That's why I've tested clearing the Dead Tater behaviour, then setting it again, only to see it instantly disobey the Travel restriction to work in a sector the other side of it.

I'm not too worried, I just don't quite understand why they seem to work great for ages, then appear to ignore the travel ban. Could well be linked to the other mods I use of course, I just don't know. However, regular trade ships - those given manual trading orders and those reporting to stations - all appear to be very well behaved. I'll assign one of them as a DT and see if it breaks the rules from time to time too.

I will go through each point you've raised again when I'm in-game later. I suspect it's the type of ship I'm using that might be confusing things, even though the Travel restriction is applied to both Civilian and Military. DT is great and it did seem to be more well behaved than regular TT initially. I just get these odd breaking the rules sessions, where all appeared to be well for hours beforehand. Sorry to be a pain, I know it's near impossible to diagnose what might be going on in someone else's game especially when there are other mods involved. Plus of course, even in a totally vanilla game, X4's route plotting sometimes throws total wobblies and does weird things, I've reported several instances of this during prior Betas.
No worries at all and i hope you get it figured out. I'm honestly at a loss because i can't reproduce the behavior at all.

The ships double check their blacklist stuff at the beginning of each new iteration of tater so if it has calculating parameters or later, it will not get the newest update to blacklists until it's next cycle

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:09

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:06
Can the additional Factions (with their ships) be added mid-game or is that asking for trouble?

Some extra factions to help against the Xenon would be cool, plus I'd love to discover some new sectors.
They should be able to be added mid game, i basically tried to set them up like dlc

Note- this is from what i was told by a user since i have not personally tested it

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 19:55

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:09
No worries at all and i hope you get it figured out. I'm honestly at a loss because i can't reproduce the behavior at all.

The ships double check their blacklist stuff at the beginning of each new iteration of tater so if it has calculating parameters or later, it will not get the newest update to blacklists until it's next cycle

They should be able to be added mid game, i basically tried to set them up like dlc

Note- this is from what i was told by a user since i have not personally tested it

It's funny, I've been playing for a while - no settings changed - and they're behaving perfectly again, no wanderings where they should not. I don't know what gremlin causing them to go all insubordinate from time to time I'm sure lol.

Cool, I might install the extra Factions. I already have Blackrain's Corporations, but I like the idea of more true factions (and sectors) too.

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 20:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:02
jlvitorasso wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 07:26

1) it would take quite a bit of work to make the player relation match an AI so sadly i probably won't implement something like that. You can always lower your relation with anyone for free, and once you are above 20 with a faction you get a diplomatic favor that allows one free change with that faction.

2) they do need to border for actual claiming wars. Connecting every major faction would destroy the balance because the AI doesn't use blacklists so they would send eco ships constantly to their deaths. I have expeditions in the works where they will fight long range but not try to claim the sector.

3) that was a very very old version and i don't know if it works at all. It would be missing the majority of the features. The weighting makes the factions almost act like blocks anyways due to race, current relations, common friends/enemies, and some other factors counting toward faction selection for the events.

thanks for your answer, i"ll look forward to the expeditions implementation! it will be great to see all the factions sending fleets across the map... although maybe you will need to leave xenons out of that, to prevent them for being wiped, since they're enemies with everyone.

Oinaris
x4

Post by Oinaris » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:14

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:54
Oinaris wrote:

Double check the folder names. The caldari faction may be double foldered and github likes to add -master to folder names which breaks custom assets.
That's exactly what it was lol. Hey, the models for the Ships look really nice. Well done. Me personally, I just wish they were a little bigger (though I'm not sure if they're accurate to the lore sizes or not) or had a little more hull, they seem a little squishy compared to other Factions that have nearly 1mil hp for their carriers (again, not sure if it matches lore health pools or not) but nonetheless these models are excellent. One thing still confuses me though.

The Daldari specialize in railguns, yet I'm not seeing any Faction railguns. Plus, their Ships don't have high energy hardpoints, which is required in VRO for use of railguns..I could be missing something here again and please correct me if I am. I just want to make sure I'm installing all of this correctly. I have the HAMs and various missile types, just not sure if there are railguns, too. I checked the folder and nothing seems out of place

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:34

Oinaris wrote:
Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:14
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:54
Oinaris wrote:

That's exactly what it was lol. Hey, the models for the Ships look really nice. Well done. Me personally, I just wish they were a little bigger (though I'm not sure if they're accurate to the lore sizes or not) or had a little more hull, they seem a little squishy compared to other Factions that have nearly 1mil hp for their carriers (again, not sure if it matches lore health pools or not) but nonetheless these models are excellent. One thing still confuses me though.

The Daldari specialize in railguns, yet I'm not seeing any Faction railguns. Plus, their Ships don't have high energy hardpoints, which is required in VRO for use of railguns..I could be missing something here again and please correct me if I am. I just want to make sure I'm installing all of this correctly. I have the HAMs and various missile types, just not sure if there are railguns, too. I checked the folder and nothing seems out of place
Caldari in Eve specialize in missiles and rail guns (although it is fairly flexible). In my mod they have heavy missiles, heavy assault missiles, ham launcher (launches both missiles mentioned before), and use gallente long and medium range rail guns. I try to avoid using any vro stuff in my factions. Shuulo and i disagree on quite a few things when it comes to balance. I especially dislike how he prevents using all one weapon on certain ships so i absolutely dislike the "high-power" system.

My ships in general are lighter armed, loosely follow eve ship doctrine, and have a more specialized design. Cruisers are very much designed to hit down in tiers, battle cruiser is more balanced but fragile compared to battleships, battleships are heavily armed but have blind spots, carriers have about the same amount of guns as vanilla destroyers so are very weak by themselves, and titans have doomsday weapons but massive blindspots and only efficiently deal with xl/stations.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 10:00

Hi I have a question :

DeadAir Gate - On Github you have additional changes not mentioned in the OP .. "Removes rotation from asteroids".

I'm not sure what the aim is (maybe game performance, or its just annoying mining crystals from a rotating asteroid), but wonder if this would hinder the search for crystals (ie if crystals physical position on an asteroid is fixed per asteroid model, and they all have the same orientation, you could potentially fly through an asteroid field and not see any of the crystals because they are all on the blind side of the asteroid).
Doesn't the rotation help to show them twinkling in the distance?

Its no real biggie, but wondered if this could be user choice disabled, or is there an xml we can edit for this (if you know, what is the vanilla default setting, if I could edit this I would like to have them at half vanilla speed).

Edit : PS Thank you for all of your mods, I am intending to use a lot of them, I love your ideas.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:56

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 10:00
Hi I have a question :

DeadAir Gate - On Github you have additional changes not mentioned in the OP .. "Removes rotation from asteroids".

I'm not sure what the aim is (maybe game performance, or its just annoying mining crystals from a rotating asteroid), but wonder if this would hinder the search for crystals (ie if crystals physical position on an asteroid is fixed per asteroid model, and they all have the same orientation, you could potentially fly through an asteroid field and not see any of the crystals because they are all on the blind side of the asteroid).
Doesn't the rotation help to show them twinkling in the distance?

Its no real biggie, but wondered if this could be user choice disabled, or is there an xml we can edit for this (if you know, what is the vanilla default setting, if I could edit this I would like to have them at half vanilla speed).

Edit : PS Thank you for all of your mods, I am intending to use a lot of them, I love your ideas.
I've been doing a lot of resource modding to try and improve performance while also making sure there is enough resources for the factions. The no rotation could potentially cause crystals to be missed and can be reset in regiondefinitions.xml by removing some diffs. Basically every line with
@rotation">

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”