[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bibet

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Bibet » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 08:07

Speaking of the faction mods, I have a bit of a weird issue with them. Installing a single faction mod with no other mods installed will drop my FPS from 70-80 to 40-50 in a Young Gun spawn test, but installing all four faction mods doesn't seem to lower this any further. Am I doing something wrong?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 15:04

Bibet wrote:
Fri, 8. Jul 22, 08:07
Speaking of the faction mods, I have a bit of a weird issue with them. Installing a single faction mod with no other mods installed will drop my FPS from 70-80 to 40-50 in a Young Gun spawn test, but installing all four faction mods doesn't seem to lower this any further. Am I doing something wrong?
Ship counts are highest when the game first starts so that is when you would have the worst simulation fps. Also, every single trader starts looking for trades, every wharf starts ordering certain job ships, etc; it's pretty much the highest peak cpu usage. Balancing universe activity with performance is very difficult because it runs perfectly fine until it hits a tipping point then drastically drops.

Nymix
x4

Post by Nymix » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 10:32

Hey, first of all - thanks so much for the fantastic mods! Clearly took a lot of effort and it shows. I was playing over the weekend and had problems trying to get fighters to dock in the Archon: once 9 S/ M ships were docked, none of the other assigned fighters were able to dock. The Archon shows an S capacity of 40 and M capacity of 10 so was wondering if this was a known (or unknown) bug, or if I've missed something?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 12:57

Nymix wrote:
Mon, 18. Jul 22, 10:32
Hey, first of all - thanks so much for the fantastic mods! Clearly took a lot of effort and it shows. I was playing over the weekend and had problems trying to get fighters to dock in the Archon: once 9 S/ M ships were docked, none of the other assigned fighters were able to dock. The Archon shows an S capacity of 40 and M capacity of 10 so was wondering if this was a known (or unknown) bug, or if I've missed something?
They should be moved to internal storage. I tested it a few times prior but I'll double check again today.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:27

Can the new version of Jobs conflict with FOCW? (In FOCW there's an option to add Xenon miners/traders)
And how do these two mods interact with each other overall? For example - will your Jobs mod use ships/fleets added by FOCW when preparing an invasion, for example?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:40

Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:27
Can the new version of Jobs conflict with FOCW? (In FOCW there's an option to add Xenon miners/traders)
And how do these two mods interact with each other overall? For example - will your Jobs mod use ships/fleets added by FOCW when preparing an invasion, for example?
Afaik it can't conflict. If he enabled commandeer and faction logic on the jobs they will be used by logic.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 00:02

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:40
Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:27
Afaik it can't conflict. If he enabled commandeer and faction logic on the jobs they will be used by logic.
I cheked his jobs and looks like comadeerable and factionlogic lines are there.
What if I make FOCW dependable on DeadAirJobs - would that be a safer bet?

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Sun, 24. Jul 22, 22:45

Got an interesting problem where deadairjobs (0.08 beta) causes the game to not start - I get a black screen with just the X4 cursor on it. I have all 3 official DLC installed, and I checked my game's integrity in steam before doing any of this.

I tried a few different setups to see if I could find out why, and I'm drawing a blank:
  • Vanilla - loads fine
  • deadairjobs on its own - fails to load. Debuglog only has these lines:

Code: Select all

Logfile started, time Mon Jul 25 05:31:06 2022
    [VR     ] 0.00 Detected Tobii 4.1.0 build 3
    [VR     ] 0.00 No Tobii devices detected!
    [General] 0.00 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti' NVIDIA-driver v473.62.0 (Vulkan 1.2.175) check=1
    [General] 0.00 ======================================
    [=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\parameters.xml.sig'
    [FileIO ] 0.00 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\parameters.xml' (error: 14)
    [=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\icons.xml.sig'

• deadairjobs with VRO - fails to load. Debuglog has a bunch of lines for VRO stuff, nothing more for deadairjobs than the above.
  • VRO on its own - loads fine
  • This modlist - loads fine
    • addship_oldparanid
    • analyze_build
    • atfusc_shippack
    • axespaintjobsgalore
    • deadairdynamicwars
    • kk4duy_seminar_prices
    • kk4duy_trader_seminars
    • mules_and_warehouses_extended
    • multisalvageprocessorstationfix
    • ror
    • ror_coh
    • ror_part2
    • ror_vro
    • ship_variation_expansion
    • ship_variation_expansion_vro
    • sn_mod_support_apis
    • techpaintjobs
    • vro
    • vroicons_stable
    • x4_fireandsmoke

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 17:46

Gibbynator wrote:
Sun, 24. Jul 22, 22:45
Got an interesting problem where deadairjobs (0.08 beta) causes the game to not start - I get a black screen with just the X4 cursor on it. I have all 3 official DLC installed, and I checked my game's integrity in steam before doing any of this.

I tried a few different setups to see if I could find out why, and I'm drawing a blank:
  • Vanilla - loads fine
  • deadairjobs on its own - fails to load. Debuglog only has these lines:

Code: Select all

Logfile started, time Mon Jul 25 05:31:06 2022
    [VR     ] 0.00 Detected Tobii 4.1.0 build 3
    [VR     ] 0.00 No Tobii devices detected!
    [General] 0.00 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti' NVIDIA-driver v473.62.0 (Vulkan 1.2.175) check=1
    [=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\parameters.xml.sig'
    [FileIO ] 0.00 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\parameters.xml' (error: 14)
    [=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\deadairjobs\libraries\icons.xml.sig'

• deadairjobs with VRO - fails to load. Debuglog has a bunch of lines for VRO stuff, nothing more for deadairjobs than the above.
  • VRO on its own - loads fine
  • This modlist - loads fine
    • addship_oldparanid
    • analyze_build
    • atfusc_shippack
    • axespaintjobsgalore
    • deadairdynamicwars
    • kk4duy_seminar_prices
    • kk4duy_trader_seminars
    • mules_and_warehouses_extended
    • multisalvageprocessorstationfix
    • ror
    • ror_coh
    • ror_part2
    • ror_vro
    • ship_variation_expansion
    • ship_variation_expansion_vro
    • sn_mod_support_apis
    • techpaintjobs
    • vro
    • vroicons_stable
    • x4_fireandsmoke
Thank you for the detailed info. The bad part is, i honestly don't know what could cause it especially with a clean debug. A couple things worth checking

Windows 7/10/11?
Mod installed into game extensions folder and not documents?
What language client?
Might be worth deleting the folder for deadairjobs then reinstalling the mod. Zip might have been corrupted or a file perhaps.
Anything unusual happening on loading? Ram maxing out?

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:30

Apologies, I wasn't thorough on including those details too:

Windows 7 SP1
Mod installed into game extensions folder
English language client, latest X4 hotfix version because Steam. I also tried the nosteam exe, no luck unfortunately.
I redownloaded and reinstalled the zip package, same results. For good measure, I also tried the 0.07 version on its own as well, it too did not load.
As for unusual, I did see the game stopped gaining RAM past ~300MB, and no further CPU activity, almost like the game just encountered a fatal error/infinite wait step but failed to exit with an error code.

I did confirm the folder structure is correct and that I downloaded the correct file in releases, by comparing it to deadairdynamicwars, which did work.

I have a Win10 laptop I can test on too, but the Win7 one is my preferred gaming device since I've done a ton of work to optimize the installation - plus X3FL and X3LU seem to play slightly nicer on it :) . I've got it updated and have the latest NVidia Driver installed, both the laptop and desktop have GTX 10-series GPUs, at least 32 GB of RAM, and i7 CPUs, so they should be specced right.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:47

Gibbynator wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:30
Apologies, I wasn't thorough on including those details too:

Windows 7 SP1
Mod installed into game extensions folder
English language client, latest X4 hotfix version because Steam. I also tried the nosteam exe, no luck unfortunately.
I redownloaded and reinstalled the zip package, same results. For good measure, I also tried the 0.07 version on its own as well, it too did not load.
As for unusual, I did see the game stopped gaining RAM past ~300MB, and no further CPU activity, almost like the game just encountered a fatal error/infinite wait step but failed to exit with an error code.

I did confirm the folder structure is correct and that I downloaded the correct file in releases, by comparing it to deadairdynamicwars, which did work.

I have a Win10 laptop I can test on too, but the Win7 one is my preferred gaming device since I've done a ton of work to optimize the installation - plus X3FL and X3LU seem to play slightly nicer on it :) . I've got it updated and have the latest NVidia Driver installed, both the laptop and desktop have GTX 10-series GPUs, at least 32 GB of RAM, and i7 CPUs, so they should be specced right.
Usually the solution for windows 7 stuff is to put it in a cat/dat. Do you know how to or would you like me to upload it to git?

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 07:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 03:47

Usually the solution for windows 7 stuff is to put it in a cat/dat. Do you know how to or would you like me to upload it to git?
I have XRCatTool from a previous modding attempt. Packed it up and gave it a try, and that was indeed the solution! I went ahead and packed some more of your mods and threw them in with the rest of the mods in my modlist from my original post, and they all worked flawlessly together:

deadairamarrships
deadaircaldariships
deadairdynamicwars
deadairfactions_vro
deadairgallenteships
deadairgod
deadairjobs
deadairminmatarships
deadairware
egp_deadairfactiondaldari
egp_deadairfactiondamarr
egp_deadairfactiongaldente
egp_deadairfactionmindatar

Want me to zip them and get them to you so you can add these to your releases for others that may run into the same issue? Surely I'm not the only one in the universe who thinks that Windows 7 was the last great OS Microsoft released :P

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 13:06

Glad you got it working. I'm not sure why windows 7 behaves differently than 10 when it comes to mods. I'm good on the files though. I don't pack files so users can look at the code and because it saves me a step on every single mod every update lol. Glad to know my fall back for windows 7 worked

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 05:12

I certainly appreciate the ability to see your code. If I ever give modding another try (going to have to overcome my dislike of XML and the concept of using it for scripting) I'll certainly be referencing some of these to learn.

jasac

Post by jasac » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 01:56

Hi DeadAir, sincere thanks for all your hard work.

Quick question - do you have any idea how your jobs mod would interact with this jobs mod that increases vanilla fleet job size and count? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=posts

My goal is to have as large as fleet battles as possible xD

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 22:09

Any updates on possible more factions like drifters or triglavians ? Pleaseeee at least drifter battleship please

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:08

jasac wrote:
Thu, 11. Aug 22, 01:56
Hi DeadAir, sincere thanks for all your hard work.

Quick question - do you have any idea how your jobs mod would interact with this jobs mod that increases vanilla fleet job size and count? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=posts

My goal is to have as large as fleet battles as possible xD
It would likely result in a buggy mess. The only mod that touches jobs that i would say is compatible is focw.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:12

Figured i would make an actual post,

I'm on hiatus from X4. I have completely lost interest in the game and modding it. There's a chance I'll return, but between the game only focusing on story and the complete lack of any progress actually improving modding; it's not likely to be any time soon.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 23:32

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:12

I'm on hiatus from X4. I have completely lost interest in the game and modding it. There's a chance I'll return, but between the game only focusing on story and the complete lack of any progress actually improving modding; it's not likely to be any time soon.
Well fly safe and goold luck IRL. And massive thanks for contribution to x4 community.. i will make sure dead air, eve factions never die

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 17:46

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 18. Aug 22, 22:12

Have a good holiday from X4, DA!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”