[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:07

BoostHungry wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 21:17
Tater Trader CoH support? Can you add the Terrain Factions to the list of factions that can be banned? Are there any other places in the mod where Terrain Systems/Factions need to be added?
It already supports CoH wares and follows trade restrictions so I didn't feel that the new buttons were necessary. I'm waiting on something better than adding a boolean parameter for every single faction.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:12

xaga wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:38
Good day sir,
first of all a huge "thank you" for all of your hard work, I couldn't really play this game without your mods and VRO.

ATM i'm using all your mods + VRO Lite and the performance is great. Is in your opinion "safe" to switch from "VRO Lite" to the last version of standard "VRO" and vice-versa without starting a new game? The idea is to switch to VRO until VRO Lite is updated, then go back to VRO Lite again.

Thanks in advance.
Changing over to vro would cause ships to spawn as I removed and changed several jobs. Right now the only changes he has made that aren't incorporated are the buffed small shields, starburst aoe, asgard main weapon, and the fixed tau stuff. My oos balancing is different and the terran travel speeds are not as nerfed compared to the other factions.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:14

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 17:16
Is it normal that with Dynamic Wars conflicts sometime happens between friendly factions? Argon starting shooting at Antigony, when their relations is at 28+. Or the same with MIN and TEL.
This is due to vanilla police and patrol code where a ship under attack is friendly to one but not the other. Dynamic wars can be an indirect contributor but it doesn't change the code involved.

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:01

Sorry I am a little confused, cause ppl are saying on steam your not working on these. Here it looks like you are lol, So are these good to go with all DLC and the 4.0 update?
If so can assume just the steam ones are not working then?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:07

These are good to go and Steam versions are up to date as well as far as I know. Steam versions are showing the same update timestamp as the GitHub source.
I‘m using the Steam ones without a problem.
Make sure to only use the ones listed in the OP though. There are some older mods from DeadAir that are no longer maintained, mainly the Gate Overhaul.

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:28

Phiolin wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:07
These are good to go and Steam versions are up to date as well as far as I know. Steam versions are showing the same update timestamp as the GitHub source.
I‘m using the Steam ones without a problem.
Make sure to only use the ones listed in the OP though. There are some older mods from DeadAir that are no longer maintained, mainly the Gate Overhaul.
Listed in the OP? What is that?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 07:04

BlackDracis wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:28

It means "original post", so the first post of this thread.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:21

BlackDracis wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:01
Sorry I am a little confused, cause ppl are saying on steam your not working on these. Here it looks like you are lol, So are these good to go with all DLC and the 4.0 update?
I'm no longer working on deadairgateoverhaul. All of the ones on the first post are being updated. Right now the versions on steam are considered more stable so they may not have the latest changes. There were a lot of updates so I need to get more testing done before I consider them fully ready.

The6atekeeper

Post by The6atekeeper » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 06:19

To think I actually stopped playing EVE Online for X4 and now it has a made it's way into my game...That game just won't die...

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 21:41

Phiolin wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 07:04
BlackDracis wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:28

It means "original post", so the first post of this thread.
Thank You

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 21:42

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:21
BlackDracis wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:01
I'm no longer working on deadairgateoverhaul. All of the ones on the first post are being updated. Right now the versions on steam are considered more stable so they may not have the latest changes. There were a lot of updates so I need to get more testing done before I consider them fully ready.
No worries and thank you. mostly i am trying to figure out what works and what doesnt lol

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 16:43

How will tatertrader react to mods that add wares to the economy? Am I correct in thinking that it would be limited to dealing in vanilla wares and ignore the wares added by mods?
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 11:49

hey, does your Mod DeadAir Gate still needs any kind of patch for the Rise of the Ossian Raider mod? it was mentioned before it needed some kind of patch before. Just asking to make sure. Thx for the great mods which I am currently running on a new playthrough.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:15

another issue I just started with your faction mods but I see some of the destroyer ships on the map as pink squares. I use VRO as well the Icon replacer on steam but with or without the icon replacer some destroyers are pink boxes on the map. I never had that before.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 20:57

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:15
another issue I just started with your faction mods but I see some of the destroyer ships on the map as pink squares. I use VRO as well the Icon replacer on steam but with or without the icon replacer some destroyers are pink boxes on the map. I never had that before.
You don't need a patch for ror anymore with the new mods.

My mods don't change the icons for ships so not sure what could be causing it for you.

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:36

does anybody know anything about the compatibility (and the differences to 'vanilla' interworlds if i use them) of the deadair-mods to the star wars interworlds mod? :?

especially:
ai tweaks
god
wares
dynamic wars
jobs

do they break anything?
what is more war-heavy? 'vanilla' sw-i or sw-i with deadair?

edit:
talked with a guy from the mod team, he said:
dynamic wars works
ai tweaks could work but is untested

jobs, wares, god do NOT work an break the game.
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

RockLeeRocco
x4

Post by RockLeeRocco » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:54

I just want to give some Feedback to the mods. I use all of them from the first page in the latest version. With 4.0, latest patch and both dlc.

So the game developes very well after 30 hours in game. Economy is very stable. Especially the new factions seems to have a very strong economy. They are developing to be the strongest factions in game besides the Terran.

Dynamic Wars a working very good as well. I`m playing as Split and currently try to help Zyarth to defend their borders. They are at war with the Argons on one side and since 2-3 hours with the Teladi Company on the other side of their border. And the good thing is: You can really see and feel how Zyarth exausted their economy with their wars. They have a very high demand of all different goods to keep their war maschine running. That feels very realistic. So good job on this! :)

The only problem I have are the Xenon. They seem to be too week to defend themselfes against the other factions. In nearly every sector they are at the edge to be terminated. And all the other factions are very interested in expanding into their sectors. So for the next update, I would like to see a little help for the Xenon so that they can become a threat for the galaxy again.

Thanks very much for these great mods, DeadAir :x4:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:49

Torpor wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:36
does anybody know anything about the compatibility (and the differences to 'vanilla' interworlds if i use them) of the deadair-mods to the star wars interworlds mod? :?

especially:
ai tweaks
god
wares
dynamic wars
jobs

do they break anything?
what is more war-heavy? 'vanilla' sw-i or sw-i with deadair?

edit:
talked with a guy from the mod team, he said:
dynamic wars works
ai tweaks could work but is untested

jobs, wares, god do NOT work an break the game.
Glad you got it figured out. I actually helped shuulo a bit with some of the things that are incompatible so you'll as least get some of my philosophy with swi

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:53

RockLeeRocco wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:54
I just want to give some Feedback to the mods. I use all of them from the first page in the latest version. With 4.0, latest patch and both dlc.

So the game developes very well after 30 hours in game. Economy is very stable. Especially the new factions seems to have a very strong economy. They are developing to be the strongest factions in game besides the Terran.

Dynamic Wars a working very good as well. I`m playing as Split and currently try to help Zyarth to defend their borders. They are at war with the Argons on one side and since 2-3 hours with the Teladi Company on the other side of their border. And the good thing is: You can really see and feel how Zyarth exausted their economy with their wars. They have a very high demand of all different goods to keep their war maschine running. That feels very realistic. So good job on this! :)

The only problem I have are the Xenon. They seem to be too week to defend themselfes against the other factions. In nearly every sector they are at the edge to be terminated. And all the other factions are very interested in expanding into their sectors. So for the next update, I would like to see a little help for the Xenon so that they can become a threat for the galaxy again.

Thanks very much for these great mods, DeadAir :x4:
Thanks for the awesome feedback! I've been working on some patches that should help out the xenon as I need them to keep blowing stuff up. The main issue I'm running into now is I'm starting to reach the limit on ships that I want because I'm trying to maintain much better performance than I did with DAGO.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 1. May 21, 10:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:53

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I've been working on some patches that should help out the xenon as I need them to keep blowing stuff up. The main issue I'm running into now is I'm starting to reach the limit on ships that I want because I'm trying to maintain much better performance than I did with DAGO.
I agree that Xenon need some love! I'm playing with your mod, vro, focw and ror.
The Xenon are too weak overall - or stations and L-turrets are way too strong OOS, one I and two Ks won't even scratch a station oos.
And there's the problem with the mining nerf of course...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”