[Mod] X4 Economy Overhaul 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] X4 Economy Overhaul

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 19:30

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 19:22
Haven't gotten around to building stations, and probably won't for a long time, but I really enjoy the terran economy you designed, and the models look great too! Everything still seems to run stable and I still get opportunities to make some profit.

I noticed that there are some wares (two?) that are the same as in the default economy. missile components and something else. Are those interchangeable with the normal ones i.e. could I sell terran ones elsewhere?
Missile components and drone componentsa are interchangeable as are energy cells. That is intended. Terrans just need other ingredients to craft them.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 20:44

Found some element floating near solar powerplant:

https://i.imgur.com/EENfbt5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y9tqmuC.png

Looks like a masstraffic entrance disconnected from module.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 22:43

Mycu wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 20:44
Found some element floating near solar powerplant:

https://i.imgur.com/EENfbt5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y9tqmuC.png

Looks like a masstraffic entrance disconnected from module.
Thank you! Funny thing is i already fixed this bug in an earlier version. Somehow it came back :(
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 15:46

In my game there are 3 wares that have somewhat questionable profit margins insofar as they give a lot of money. My go to freighter here is an Okinawa just so you could compare that too if you want. These trades are only between AI stations, I don't have any that produce or consume these wares.

AI cores and Fusion Batteries can provide something like 1 - 2 m credits per run if I fill them up completely. I think that is high, but still reasonable.
What is not reasonable is the amount of money that can be made with Force Field Units, those are usually in the 4 - 6 m range, which seems a bit excessive. I stopped trading those in my game. Sadly I don't have my savegame right now, but I think they were mainly produced and consumed by the pioneers, between the trading station and the spacelab (or whatever that is called).
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 16:20

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 15:46
In my game there are 3 wares that have somewhat questionable profit margins insofar as they give a lot of money. My go to freighter here is an Okinawa just so you could compare that too if you want. These trades are only between AI stations, I don't have any that produce or consume these wares.

AI cores and Fusion Batteries can provide something like 1 - 2 m credits per run if I fill them up completely. I think that is high, but still reasonable.
What is not reasonable is the amount of money that can be made with Force Field Units, those are usually in the 4 - 6 m range, which seems a bit excessive. I stopped trading those in my game. Sadly I don't have my savegame right now, but I think they were mainly produced and consumed by the pioneers, between the trading station and the spacelab (or whatever that is called).
May I ask what your in game time is?
I checked all three wares in my game (70in game hours) and it is completely different in my game.
The best profit I was able to make with Ai cores or batteries were 500k with a full Okinawa and only because of my discound. Without that discound i wouldnt have made any profit.
Force Field units are only buyable in so small numbers (100-200) that the trade is not worth it at all.

I guess you are lucky with your galaxy generation but I guess it will become more balanced after a good couple of in game hours. You know, at start the trade stations are all randomly filled up to 70% I think.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:05

Interesting, I have to watch where those units come from, but I am pretty certain the source is one of those 'not a factory' sources (trading station? Not sure what the spacelab is). I'll watch that when I play again which will probably be tomorrow or Wednesday. And currently I am approximately 1d15h in, so I'd assume that the initial stock is gone. I did have the FE mod(s) running for a time, maybe that interfered? I did deactivate most of them (only have war left, I think), ~5 hours ago. Can't think of any other mod doing something with stock.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:18

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:05
Interesting, I have to watch where those units come from, but I am pretty certain the source is one of those 'not a factory' sources (trading station? Not sure what the spacelab is). I'll watch that when I play again which will probably be tomorrow or Wednesday. And currently I am approximately 1d15h in, so I'd assume that the initial stock is gone. I did have the FE mod(s) running for a time, maybe that interfered? I did deactivate most of them (only have war left, I think), ~5 hours ago. Can't think of any other mod doing something with stock.
That makes sense. As said at game start the trading stations are randomly filled. If you are lucky and one has plenty of expensive wares while another one is in high demand, than you can make some good money. But trading stations dont spawn new wares, so it will even out and then you wont make money this way any more.
This is a bit special with Terrans and ths mod because they have plenty of trading stations. In CoH the prices of all wares in trading stations is locked to average price. In my mod the pirce depends on the amount (like everywhere else).

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 21:36

Just had this case again. TER Orbital Supply Station 'produced' 4k Force Field Units and the shipyard in the same sector (The Moon) buys them. ~710 credits to buy and ~2k credits to sell makes a pretty major profit.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 22:38

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 21:36
Just had this case again. TER Orbital Supply Station 'produced' 4k Force Field Units and the shipyard in the same sector (The Moon) buys them. ~710 credits to buy and ~2k credits to sell makes a pretty major profit.
Do you have some other mods running like faction enhancer economy or so? The supply station should not generate 4k force field units out of nothing. That sounds like you have some kind of other mod active. On my end if a station is dry, it stays dry until someone delivers something (or at least I havent noticed the behaviour you are mentioning so far).

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 19:57

I do have the faction enhancer Economy AI module running, I assume this could be the culprit. But I did not see anything concerning those supply / trading stations in the changelog, but who knows if that was stated somewhere.
Iucundi acti labores

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:24

Do you have DeadAirFill installed?

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:38

No, other DeadAir mods, but not that one. It can really only be the economy ai mod, every other mod has completely different goals.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:15

I am pretty sure that it is some other mod because I never have noticed this behaviour on my end. But I will have an eye on it and if it happens, I will let you know.
terrans are a bit special that they have so many trading stations and in vanilla, they have a fixed price, so a mod that refills the stations might have more impact on this mod.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:40

But disregarding the spawning issue in trading stations, even the normal production stations just offer it far too cheaply. I scanned one, and it had 3k of 7k Force Field Units produced and only sold them for 703 credits. That is at least a 1k credits profit per item.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:55

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:40
But disregarding the spawning issue in trading stations, even the normal production stations just offer it far too cheaply. I scanned one, and it had 3k of 7k Force Field Units produced and only sold them for 703 credits. That is at least a 1k credits profit per item.
You are right!
I just checked the price and there is an error in the price. Normally min price is 0.7 of average price and the max price is 1.3 of the averge price. Thats the formula for vanilla wares and I followed that rule. The forcefieldunit max price is 2.0 times the avergae price which is wrong. So I made a mistake here. min price is 697, avg 996 so max price will be 1295 instead of 1992 credits.
I will correct that in the next version.
Thanks for that feedback!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:12

updated new version just for the price fix. So next time you start the game you should make less profit :P

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:49

Have you removed 'antimatter cells"?
I noticed they dissapeared from my game, and are needed for plot missions

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:51

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:49
Have you removed 'antimatter cells"?
I noticed they dissapeared from my game, and are needed for plot missions
Of course not. They should still be available in your game. Just terrans dont have them (but that is the same without mod).
I havent removed anything.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 19:24

strange, i cannot find a single factory making them. maybe it does conflicts with FF economy balance

Todesgleiter
x4

Post by Todesgleiter » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 21:14

First things first: I like the Idea of the mod, especially the changes to the terran economy, but sadly i ran into a problem.
The models of the station modules added by this mod seem to be affected by a strange graphical bug and are only partially visible. For example: the rings on the silicon grid factory are visible the rest of the module is not. Vanilla modules are not affected.
Example picture: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... reenshots/
the added wares etc. are working flawless as far as i have ssen.

Any help to solve this problem is appreciated.

apologies for my bad grammar and/or strange choice of words, english is not my primary language

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”