[MOD] Unlock Xenon Blueprints

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JasonX2000
x4

[MOD] Unlock Xenon Blueprints

Post by JasonX2000 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 12:01

This mod unlocks the xenon blueprints for player use.
First be aware: I never modded for the X series until now. I always tweaked mods for my personal liking by reverse engineering the code.
I tested my mod and it seems to work. No restart is needed.

Currently Unlocked Blueprints:
  • XL Ships
  • Turrets
  • Thrusters
  • Shields
  • S/M Weapons

There are two Versions of the mod made by me:

Classic Version: Needs: "Recycle Ship and Stations by iforgotmysocks" for reverse engineering the ships and " Capture Xenon XL by Nonigiri" to enable boarding of XL Xenon Ships. There might be the posibility that you can optain the blueprints with other reverse engineer mods. But i only tested it with iforgotmysocks mod because i prefer it. The mod works without a reverse engineering mod, but there will be no way to obtain the blueprints.

Standalone Version: Just install the mod and have fun using Xenon Equipment. This version is not savegame safe, because removing the bridge could brick the xenon capitals and they will be floating in space not doing anything. There you will have to destroy the ships to get rid of them.

The Mod should work without any DLCs. Except Standalon, this one needs Split Vendetta, but no other mods.

Future Plans(but not focused on):
  • Make player use standard parts for xenon blueprints (done, Standalone Verson only)
  • Make Standalone Version for the player to do something for unlocking the blueprints. Right now, the get added by starting the game. (done)
  • Add Xenon S/M Weapons and S Shields. (done)
  • If anyone is fond with ship mods and can add cockpits for pilots to the S /M Ships, i could add that blueprints too. Than i can add that modder as co author.
Uninstall Mod:
Classic/Standard Version: Just remove the modfolder from your extentsions folder.
Standalone Version: Before removing the mod, make sure you are no longer onboard of a xenon ship. After that you could remove the mod BUT than you would have floating (bricked) vessels in space doing nothing. So before or after removing the mod, you have to destroy your xenon ships.

I will try giving support for my mod, as good as i can, but cannot promise anything.

Downloads:
Spoiler
Show
Download (Nexus):
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/656

Direct Download:
Classic Version:
https://ap-hosting.de/Uploads/Mods/JX_X ... ts_041.zip
Is Safegame friendly.

Standalone Version:
https://ap-hosting.de/Uploads/Mods/jx_x ... sa_051.zip
Not as Safegame friendly, if not removed after leaving modded Bridges.
After that get rid of floating vessels, because they are bricked and useless. Just shoot them to ashes.

Standalone Version - Only Capital Shipparts (No longer Supported):
https://ap-hosting.de/Uploads/Mods/JX_X ... SA_010.zip
Should be Safegame friendly.

(I do not allow uploading reuploading it to another source without my persmission. I will not give permission to reuploading it to steam workshop at all)

Changelog:
Spoiler
Show
Version 0.51:
Urgent fix.
Fixed other races unlocking xenon parts too by player research.
Now only player unlocks them. After updating to this version, they lose the parts.
So no worries there.

Version 0.50
Major Changes:
Standard Version:
- Renamed to Classic Version and moved to optional Files. Its will stay just an Unlocker for Vanilla Xenon Blueprints. Will need dependencies as described.
Standalone Version:
- Becomes Mainversion
- Revamped Whole Xenon Parts System. Now vanilla Xenon should not be affected of any modchanges done by this mod.
-- Player Xenon Parts are now separate wares.
-- Player Xenon Parts now need nividium and parts for their component type e.g. Turrets need turretcomponents, in addition to the vanilla parts, to compensate vanilla weapon balancing.
- The Player needs too unlock the Xenon Tech first by research. Tried to make research harder to compensate vanilla weapon balancing.
- Added own Translation Files for future use. Now they just describe the research items.

0.41 Both Versions:
- Cleaned Up Code. Errors except for Signature Files are gone. Right now i am investigating if i even can get rid of the Signature Errors.

0.40 Standalone Version:
- Added Xenon M Impulse Projector.
- Added Nividium and Weaponparts in addition to Ore and Energycells to the newly added M Impulse Projector for player production, as compensation for higher dps. This change does not affect Xenon. They still need only ore and energy cells.

0.30 Standalone Version:
- Added Xenon S Impulse Projector.
- Added Nividium and Weaponparts in addition to Ore and Energycells to the newly added S Impulse Projector for player production, as compensation for higher dps. This change does not affect Xenon. They still need only ore and energy cells.

0.20 Standalone Version:
- Fixed Bridge Problem. Now using Split Vendetta Bridges, so standalone version needs Split DLC in the future.

0.10 Both Versions:
- Release Version
Last edited by JasonX2000 on Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:41, edited 19 times in total.

JasonX2000
x4

Re: [MOD] Unlock Xenon Blueprints

Post by JasonX2000 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 20:11

Fixed Standalone Version - Missing Bridges in Capital Ships.
Standalone Version now needs Split Vendetta.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 01:01

Update:
0.30 Standalone Version:
- Added Xenon S Impulse Projector.
- Added Nividium and Weaponparts in addition to Ore and Energycells to the newly added Impulse Projector for player production, as compensation for higher dps. This change does not affect Xenon. They still need only ore and energy cells.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 01:57

nice! would you consider adding a signal to turn on/off the availability for 3rd-party mods to trigger? is that even possible?
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 09:56

Hi,
i am not quite sure, what you mean by that.
Could you explain more?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 10:35

JasonX2000 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 09:56
Hi,
i am not quite sure, what you mean by that.
Could you explain more?
e.g. make the blueprints available/unavailable via a toggle triggered by a signal cue from the MD.

more specifically ... I have an Assimilation feature in my mod, Alternatives to Death.
When you die, you acquire the Relationship Scores of the faction that killed you.
So, in this mod, the Xenon Blueprints wouldn't be available until after assimilation.
And when another faction kills you, you lose access to them.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:25

In my standard version you could already do that.
The md file is a placeholder for future implementations of new features.
So if you already have that mechanic in your md script, i think adding the xenon faction into your script should be enough.

The standalone version md script is subject to change.
I am planing to somehow have the player make some effort to get the weapons e.g. do a mission.

Well, i would gladly try getting it to not colide with other mod mechanics. But since my modding experience is just starting right now, i maybe would need some help.

I will have more time in the weekend, so i can check if i get this to work.
But expect me to ask some questions ^^

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:43

JasonX2000 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:25
In my standard version you could already do that.
ahhh nice! let me look at your mod then add support for it in my Alternatives to Death. if i can cleanly turn on/off the blueprint availability, then i shouldn't need anything else. otherwise, I'll let you know and get your input.

was timely that you posted your mod, actually. a user of my mod asked whether my Assimilation feature would allow him to get the blueprints ONLY a handful of days ago.
Well, i would gladly try getting it to not colide with other mod mechanics. But since my modding experience is just starting right now, i maybe would need some help. ... But expect me to ask some questions ^^
all good! I always try to help out (where I can) whenever i log on.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:53

ok i had a look. the blue prints are added at gamestart - so i can't toggle their availability from within my mod.

the toggle is simple to add.
unfortunately, i have a RL work soft-deadline tomorrow and a hard-deadline for next week.
so i can only do forum discussions and the like. but i can't do actual modding work.

BUT ... If i write one up, in between RL work, I'll send it to you.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:44

Yes, like i said, in the standalone version they get pumped in right away at gamestart.
If you need a fast solution, i can upload a optional md file, doing nothing to the nexus
until i got the toogle implemented.

I still am not realy sure what you mean by toogle.

I saw some elseif tags in other mods, so if i can make if-else statements, i could
try tweaking the md for checking for your mod and if it does exist, skip the bluprint adding, if something like this is possible with
xml.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:17

JasonX2000 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:44
...I still am not realy sure what you mean by google....
Ohhh... something like this code:

In your mod

Code: Select all

<cue name="Toggle_Blueprints_Availability">
<conditions><event_cue_signalled/></conditions>
<actions>
	<do_if value="event.param == true">
		<signal_cue cue="Make_Blueprints_Available />
		<!-- you'll need a cue somewhere in your MD that makes the blueprints available, of course -->
	</do_if>
	<do_else>
		<signal_cue cue="Make_Blueprints_Unavailable />
		<!-- ditto for a cue that makes the blueprints unavailable -->
	</do_else>
</actions>
</cue>
Then from my mod, I can toggle when to make the blueprints available and when to make them unavailable like this:
To make them available:

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.JX_Xenon_BP.Toggle_Blueprints_Availability" param="true"/>
To make them unavailable:

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.JX_Xenon_BP.Toggle_Blueprints_Availability" param="false"/>
See, it's a toggle. And it happens from within the game at any time.
But more specifically for my use, I'll toggle it on when the player is assimilated by the Xenon.
And I'll toggle it off when the player is assimilated by another faction.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:54

Ok, but that still does not solve the problem, that, if i dont have anything ingame that toggles it,
the wont be added. Thats the case right now. They get added with the start until i know
what i want the player to do, to unlock the blueprints.

Thats right now my problem, since i already added L/XL-Parts, XL-Ships, S/M-Weapons.
I am laying my focus at this.
Adding N,M,P for the player will wait until i solved that, because i think they will take the most time.

But right now i have a to me more urgent problem with a micro-mod i am doing for my own gameplay.
That has my focus right now.
It should be solved in no time, but i cannot find my error there, already asking for help here in forum ^^.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 22:40

Fixed Code to ged rid of Errors.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:17

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:17
JasonX2000 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:44
...I still am not realy sure what you mean by google....
Ohhh... something like this code:

In your mod

Then from my mod, I can toggle when to make the blueprints available and when to make them unavailable like this:
To make them available:

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.JX_Xenon_BP.Toggle_Blueprints_Availability" param="true"/>
To make them unavailable:

<signal_cue_instantly cue="md.JX_Xenon_BP.Toggle_Blueprints_Availability" param="false"/>
See, it's a toggle. And it happens from within the game at any time.
But more specifically for my use, I'll toggle it on when the player is assimilated by the Xenon.
And I'll toggle it off when the player is assimilated by another faction.
I am right now remaking the mod.
If its ready, i will lock the parts behind research. As said, this state right now, is not how i wanted it to be from the start.
It was just a placeholder, to use it, while the mod is still being developed further, like an "early access" xD
So once i upload the new standalone version, the bluprints will not be added to your inventory.
Maybe you can work with that and somehow lock/unlock it with that change. You should then be able to bypass the needed research
by just adding and removing the blueprints from the inventory, at least this worked for my testings.

But my time is limited, and the revamp of the mod will take some time. I will let you know once its finished.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 16:31

Version 0.50

Major Changes:
Standard Version:
- Renamed to Classic Version. Its will stay just an Unlocker for Vanilla Xenon Blueprints. Will need dependencies as described.
Standalone Version:
- Becomes Mainversion
- Revamped Whole Xenon Parts System. Now vanilla Xenon should not be affected of any modchanges done by this mod.
-- Player Xenon Parts are now separate wares.
-- Player Xenon Parts now need nividium and parts for their component type e.g. Turrets need turretcomponents, in addition to the vanilla parts, to compensate vanilla weapon balancing.
- The Player needs too unlock the Xenon Tech first by research. Tried to make research harder to compensate vanilla weapon balancing.
- Added own Translation Files for future use. Now they just describe the research items.

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:38

Version 0.51
Urgent fix.
Fixed other races unlocking xenon parts too by player research.
Now only player unlocks them. After updateting to this version, they lose the parts.
So no worries there.

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 00:38

JasonX2000 wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 12:01
  • Add Xenon S/M Weapons and S Shields. (done)
  • If anyone is fond with ship mods and can add cockpits for pilots to the S /M Ships, i could add that blueprints too. Than i can add that modder as co author.

I found a mod that lets you capture S and M. They are flyable Capturable Xenon SM on nexusmod
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”