[HELP]/[DEBUG] Cannot open Global Orders

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

otto_deluxe
x4

[HELP]/[DEBUG] Cannot open Global Orders

Post by otto_deluxe » Sat, 29. May 21, 20:15

Hi,

I have a number of mods (~60) installed, and have tried pinning down a very annoying problem for a couple of days now: When I start a fresh game, everything works as expected. As soon as I load a saved game, I cannot open the "Global Orders" window anymore, blocking me from making any changes there. I have tried disabling and enabling mods and all that, but with many not being savegame compatible and the game's loading times being rather long, the good old approach of "disable mods until it is fixed" will take forever.

What I did to test:
Start a new game (Scientist game start)
=> check if Global orders tab can be opened (usually always possible after a fresh start)
save game
load that save
=> check again
=> Global Orders will not open
disable a mod
restart game completely
=> rinse and repeat

I have since turned on the debug log, and I'm 99.8% sure I have found the error there:

[=ERROR=] 156.22 Error while executing onEvent script for event: SetNPCBlacklist.
Errormessage: [string "ui/addons/ego_targetmonitor/../../../extensio..."]:71: missing declaration for symbol 'GetBlacklistInfo'

or rather

[=ERROR=] 153.80 Error while executing onEvent script for event: onClick.
Errormessage: [string "ui/addons/ego_targetmonitor/../../../extensio..."]:71: missing declaration for symbol 'GetBlacklistInfo'

However, now I need to find out the exact file (it sure is a great idea to truncate names in error logs :rant: ) and which mod it belongs to.
Can anyone give me a pointer how to make actual use of that debug message? Is there a way to get a "verbose" (non-truncated) version?

My mods include the "usual" stuff like VRO, ROR, faction enhancer, Another Explorer, etc. I can post a full list but i doubt it's any help here.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [HELP]/[DEBUG] Cannot open Global Orders

Post by euclid » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 16:00

Hi,

All error messages point to vanilla files but of course at least one of your mods could interfere with those. To exclude possible vanilla file corruption, please try the reverse of what you did, i.e.:
  • disable (deactivate, remove) all mods,
  • start a new game and save,
  • load the saved game and check if the global order can be accessed.
    • if it can be accessed then exit, activate one mod, load the saved game and check again; continue until you've found the mod that caused it.
    • if it cannot be accessed then verify game file integrity.
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”