Fuel and ammo

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nevion
x4

Fuel and ammo

Post by Nevion » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 12:20

Hello,

I have recently started playing X4 and I must say It is trully a great game, although sometimes I feel that some aspects were left intentionally for the modding community.

One realism aspect I would like to see is fuel for ships and (again) limited ammo for the weapons that use projectiles. I have tried to learn how to mod the game but my lack of experience in this field hinders me completely.

Would it be possible for someone to implement the following ideas:

For fuel:
- shield and engine thrust (and if possible energy weapons) at zero capability when there are no antimatter cells in the cargohold;
- antimatter cells consume when the ship is not docked (different consumption rate per hour depending on ship class);
- AI should search to buy antimatter cells when the number in the cargohold drops below a certain value.

For weapons (optional):
- ammo weapons should not fire if weapon components (or more suitable commodities) are missing from the cargo hold;
- the commodity should consume from the cargohold when the weapon is firing;
- AI should search to buy this commodity when having ammo weapons equipped.

I don't know what would happen to player owned ships (controlled by AI) if instead of searching for the comodity, a random spawn of the commodity in the cargohold would apply.

For sure this should not apply to Xenon and Khaah ships.

P.S.
Frigates, destroyers and support ships shoud not carry so many small and medium size ships. That is what carriers are for.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Fuel and ammo

Post by euclid » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 18:37

Welcome Nevion :-)

We had something similar in previous X games (keywords: fuel refineries, mass driver ammunition) and they were quite controversal features. From scripting point of view it would be possible to implement what you are aiming for (to a certain degree) but it will be a major job (just imagine the AI logistics). Also it may destabilize the economy if suddenly antimatter cells become a rare comodity.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”