Mod to place ressource probes at best spot

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

michi_oss
x4

Mod to place ressource probes at best spot

Post by michi_oss » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 10:09

Hello,

I would like to give a ship a command like "find highest densitiy of ressources in sector X and leave a probe there".

Would this not be an interesting mod for a lot of people? I think this does not exist.
To search manually (even with a npc ship is very annoying).

I asked already in german forum, but no helpful answer, yet. viewtopic.php?f=184&t=439454
Perhaps the english speaking community has an idea or interested modder?

A workaround would be a script that does this immediately for all sectors, but this is then a little bit cheaty.
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Mod to place ressource probes at best spot

Post by kuertee » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 13:35

Would, *cough*, Waypoint fields for deployments mod suffice?

I recommend configuring the waypoint field to be as large and as separated as possible with the disc shape waypoint field.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

yusz.dgm

Post by yusz.dgm » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 13:41

You might be interested in Sector Satellites mod found here : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4

It use the Resource Survey Unit and basically does what you describe , and best of all you can just drop it anywhere in the sector and it'll automatically place the survey unit at the highest yield locations of each resource in the sector.

Note that it will not work for any resource scouting mission, those still need to use resource probe. but you can just use the Resource survey unit, then place the probe near it to complete those mission. Then you can pick up the survey unit back :P.

michi_oss
x4

Post by michi_oss » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 13:57

yusz.dgm wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 13:41
You might be interested in Sector Satellites mod found here : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4
Thank you. Looks interesting. I have to take a deeper look.
What a pitty that this mod is only up to date on nexusmods, so I have to update manually.

@kuertee: Thank you, but then it is still only a chance to find the best spot and I have to give the command to pick up again all useless probes. But perhaps this mod is useful for other stuff.
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”