Methane mining

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

builder680
x4

Methane mining

Post by builder680 » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 06:06

I'm playing modded so I have to ask here:

Is anyone else having problems with having ships trying to mine methane in 4.2 beta? Just noticed this issue over the last day. And I can't go back because all my saves are incompatible. I haven't really checked up much on other resources but my ships assigned to mine methane are bringing in zero resources. The M ships do the little gas tornado thing and receive nothing, then fly to another spot and do the same thing. My L miners send out the drones and they try to return but "wait for docking pad" indefinitely even when all docking pads are clear. Additionally, my station which buys methane with no restrictions and a 5 star manager has no incoming sales over an hour. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I use a few other mods in addition to VRO but that's the major one.

Edit to add: Does anyone else have random total system reboots when alt-tabbing or even just saving the game? I'm plagued with this, even in my vanilla save before I downloaded any mods, but also with my modded saves.

builder680
x4

Re: Methane mining

Post by builder680 » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 07:28

Well, it appears my station manager (5 (FIVE) stars) wanted to keep sending my methane miners to Grand Exchange III in perpetuity to mine methane, even though it was empty(ish) (like... 27,000 total, or... a few minutes useful production) of the resource. I created a trade whitelist (which is more work than it sounds like, especially after having to think on the issue) that sent my miners to Eighteen Billion (ONE, 1 (!), (1 single) sector away), which has over 20 million methane, solved my issue. But I still don't understand why I had to do this. A 5-star manager should have recognized that there were no resources to be had in GE-3 and done this without my input.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 00:04

How do your resource probes look? No mention of them, the potential lack of resource probes may have been the culprit.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:59

Manawydn wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 00:04
How do your resource probes look? No mention of them, the potential lack of resource probes may have been the culprit.
I have them all over the place. More than 10 in every sector anywhere near. I put them down, even though I don't really know what purpose they serve.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 19:37

builder680 wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:59
Manawydn wrote:
I have them all over the place. More than 10 in every sector anywhere near. I put them down, even though I don't really know what purpose they serve.
If your ship is mining within like 40 km of a resource probe, it doubles the mining OOS speed. I always have a handful on each miner, and if I see them mining someplace without a nearby probe, I have them drop one.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 01:46

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 19:37
builder680 wrote:
Manawydn wrote:
If your ship is mining within like 40 km of a resource probe, it doubles the mining OOS speed. I always have a handful on each miner, and if I see them mining someplace without a nearby probe, I have them drop one.
I've heard this said about silicon, but not any other minable materials. Is this documented anywhere?

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 02:13

builder680 wrote:
Sun, 21. Nov 21, 01:46
Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 19:37
builder680 wrote:

I've heard this said about silicon, but not any other minable materials. Is this documented anywhere?
Start by checking the patch notes for 4.0 and 4.1, there were a number of mining changes in the 4.x build. Somewhere it does talk about resource probes specifically.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”