[MOD] REM (Realspace Engines Mod) - Hardcore space sim for X4 - 1.5.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] REM (Realspace Engines Mod) - Hardcore space sim for X4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 19:31

Version 1.5 is out

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

Increased weapon's range

Total rebalace of all engines

Acceleration is nerfed even more but afterburners (boosters) are very effective, frontal thrusters more effective too for faster stops

Mk1 Engines and Thrusters are sh*t as they'd be, cheap as they are :mrgreen:

Mk2/3 give significant increases in acceleration, according to their price

S-Ships of course are the fastest (not for top speed but plain acceleration), range: 10-30 m/s

M-Ships are about the half but have very powerful afterburners (boosters), range 4-15 m/s

L and XL ships have their top speed increased, almost on pair with the others, but acceleration is much slower

Inertia seems to be well balanced in this version. The game still tends to apply some weird physics as for instance that the ship takes momentum even without thrust or on contrary "brakes" as in air friction, but it happens at very slow pace, almost un-noticeable. I think this is the best balance with lateral/vertical thrusters too, they are on pair with frontal/rear only when Mk3 Thrusters are mounted, still the afterburners (boosters) are much more powerful. Realism is saved and playability too.

AI seems to work fine, ships don't go too fast, autopilot makes its tricks.

For dogfighting I set two strategies with success:
1) fast moving ships, use MATCH SPEED ALWAYS + AFTERBURNERS for catching speed, FLIGHT ASSIST ON to remain on course of matching speed
2) slow carriers, XL etc. use FLIGHT ASSIST OFF + AFTERBURNERS to "dance" around and keep speed low

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 05:19

The Split gamestart where you start in a space suite and musst in time dock on an ship that come dont work with this mod ...
The ship cant break in an resonable distance and you die .....

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 13:01

R-TEAM wrote:
Sat, 2. Apr 22, 05:19
The Split gamestart where you start in a space suite and musst in time dock on an ship that come dont work with this mod ...
The ship cant break in an resonable distance and you die .....
Thanks for report
Is it with the last version?
I removed the spacesuit from the mod but maybe it uses the same engines I changed. I planned to add it back.
What is to expected with any ship introduced by mods too, if they use vanilla engines, because vanilla engines are nerfed to work well in a full-inertia physics that has to be set for every single ship, the spacesuit too. Will check

edit: you mean the ship is not coming in time...ok, possible bc travel drive's acceleration is not insane as in vanilla so it takes longer to catch up with the player. I think this can be solved by increasing the speed of the spacesuit, which I planned o do anyway. So you can go closer

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 12:54

Version 1.5.1 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

Small fix, inertia (and speed) of space suits increased.

This does not resolves the issue with split game's start

I changed the script for the start but had no success, the stupid pilot keeps accelerating away even if I command to wait. It is strange because ai generally manages the inertia decently in gameplay, I had a lot of challenging fights

Since this mod can be added/removed even without closing the game, I suggest you start Split's campaign vanilla, then add it immediately after, and reload the save...not a big deal

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] REM (Realspace Engines Mod) - Hardcore space sim for X4 - 1.5.1

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 09:59

I still have not played the game because of modding, except some skirmish where everything went ok but could not see how it goes with big battles etc..did anybody play with this mod extesivelly?

I am specially curious to know if you noticed diferences with or without the two ai-mods by Kuertee and DeadAir, in comparison with vanilla

MarcusInVR
x4

Post by MarcusInVR » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 10:33

Is this compatible with VRO? VRO also makes changes to the engines and their behaviour.

I guess what I am asking is: if you have VRO, will this mod also work like it should?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 00:38

You can try to use it on top of VRO. Make it load after. My mod changes only vanilla engines, don't know vro. My mod can easily be removed. Be aware that is totally another kind of approach. It is not (only) faster ships, ships actually are not faster (accelerations are "realistic"), bc they take more time to reach max speed, and max speed is a thing you almost never reach, since sectors are too small. It's another concept of game. Give it a try and see

MarcusInVR
x4

Post by MarcusInVR » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 21:43

One more question... Terran Start, the Kukri - now it only has a Travel speed of 1200 and acceleration rate of 5m/s. Is that correct? Tides of Avarice V 5.10

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 18:18

Yes, Mk1 engines are quite nerfed because of their low price. Jumping to mk2 already doubles the performance, as the price. Still the kuki is somehow too slow in comparison to other ships of its class. I must still look for the mass factor of each ship to balance everything, because I set drag factor identical to keep inertia a constant among all ships

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:32

Becase this mods belong to a bigger project made of integrated mods
TOPIC IS MOVED TO A SINGLE THREAD FOR ALL MY MODS:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=427585

Please post any request there :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”