[OLD] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [WIP] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

Post by Realspace » Tue, 3. May 22, 11:01

Small update:

the work goes on..it is a hell of work taking a lot of time, but it is worth... :|

Thanks to the new backdrops I enlarged, I can make sectors even 2 milion kms far away (we could even put Earth and Mars in the same cluster... :roll: ), so this made me to put the hands also on those clusters I had already changed, which takes other time too.

The layout is changed accordingly, every cluster (system) is separated from each other, except multi-clusters used for the same system.

Gates are moved in the outer space, so no more close to a planet's low orbit, they are either orbiting a moon or in a point in deep space. When moving them, I also put them about 4-5x more far away. The sector having gates is a specific "gate sector", so-called in the map too. The space is very large now, without being "tediously large".

Of course, local highways are no more, but there is a certain loop from gates sector to gate sector (gate sectors are specified in names too), if one want to reach other system, has not to go inside the system, can jump from one deep space point to another.

I am adding new custom clusters too, but they are expansions of vanilla (consider the layout of Second Contact for every system). Not local system as in vanilla second contact, but a true system (despite limited to 2-3 main planets only, with their moons)
Some vanilla clusters are aggregated, following a logic which is expressed in texts. So for instance, Grand Exchange is now the whole system, it has 3 main planets each with moons: Eightee Billions and Path to Profit, that are inside this system, only refer to specific sectors (where the events depicted in the text are supposed to be happened), not to a whole system. Later I'll add names for each planet.

The hierarchy is easy, f.i. Grand Exchange system: every planet of the 3 is either in cluster III, V, VII etc which relates to the position of the planet from the sun. Gas giants are generally more distant (VI, VII etc). Those very close (I, II) have a bigger sun (and sunlight). Then each of these is splitted into sectors (alpha, beta, gamma) that also have other subnames, so for instance alpha is the main planet and has the planet's name too, delta is generally deep space containing gates, and has subname "jumpgate". Inside-system gates are accelerators (you can see I must still change one in Grand Exchange).

This is a preview, the real map looks better since I made the text smaller, it fits the cluster. Later I will add text separators that fit well the map
Argon Prime is another example. Argon Prime, Hatikva and a third custom cluster are part of the Sonra system (it is in vanilla description), so they are:

And Hatikva, which is the VIII planet in Sonra system, the same of Argon Prime

Of course I am slightly changing the textual descriptions to show this logic (a compromise between vanilla poetry and "realism" :D )

I've done 50% of base-game sectors, I think I will release a prototype for those only.

Consider that I also create new regions that follow the logic of "realism", so for instance methane etc nebulae are close to the low orbit of gas giants. The closer you fly to the planet's surface, the thicker it becomes. Some of these are already available, I add them in the Stars mod directly, so for instance in Hatikva you already have a fog coming from the gas giant.
Generally I move the asteroid's fields either in the rings or in deep space, or sometimes close to a moon. Since region's modding can be made later without the need of a new game's start, the prototype will have some sector lacking them, I can add them later
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 3. May 22, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 4. May 22, 08:37

My first attempt to resize planets....it ended like this

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a nice cupcake... :o

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Wed, 4. May 22, 14:08

Well, some points while I am playing with 10x larger sectors - using (now hidden) mod larger sectors (Nexus 'https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... posts&BH=0') for several months now.
This mod uses(used) X4 Customizer to enlarge all (vanilla) sectors 10 times, and also increases the travel drive speed 10x.
Also using additional mods:
+ Sector Satellites (here the enemy detection and the explorer probes)
+ Jump Drive Research
+ Luxury Satellite & Laser Tower Mk 3-Resource Probe Mk 2 (using the luxury sat.)
+ Increased Long Range Scanner (500km)
+ Spherical Long Range Scan (for conv.)
Also: 'IS' - In sector (player is in the sector); 'OOS' - out of sector (player is outside the sector)
No in-sector highways! (switched of by custom start)

Now, while playing with it, some points I found out. This may also be the case in yours when (later) playing...

- Space is big, nothing new. Most station cannot be found and seen like in vanilla. You may need additional mods like mention Scanner and Sat. mods. Some mods are cheat like, while they detect all stations (eg. mod sector sat. explorer probes). Also, a lot of stations may be placed way higher or lower (y-axis).

- Traveling takes time, even when using a mod for faster travelengine. Also a faster travel speed need a larger time/way to decelerate. This may leed to problems with missions like follow ship/find & scan ship(s), ... In this cases you need to use traveldrive - disengage traveldrive - engage traveldrive - and so on, so you can hold the distance or get to the target.

- Research mission - the race for the mod research: This may get harder. Try to reload a save before, so it reset the course. It seems that its hardcoded into X4. So you may have problems to win it. Sometimes the race course is to large to get it done, or some objects are in the way. If its a station, you may edit the save.xml to replace the station. I had to reset it 3times, and then relocated a station to get a clear course to win.

- X4 seems to place stations near the gates. I had a teladi trade station directly after the gate (the same that prevented me from winning the research race). This trade stations was very near the gate. If 'IS' you never could use travel drive - always hitting and then stuck inside the station mesh. If coming from the other sector - same problem. Moved the station in the save.xml, to avoid this.

- Planets: ...are dangerous. Eg. Hathikva - here through the enlarged sector, I got the trade station (with the Representativ) very near it. 'IS' I can only fly from center-above to the station, but not directly (travel drive!) from a gate. If doing so, I will be destroyed by the planet. So, if you enlarge such sectors, plz. be sure that stations are not placed in the atmosphere. (As a workaround in such cases: send a ship OOS to dock, then teleport to it - and you are fine.)

- Trade and building: it takes a lot more time, bec. of the distances involved. Also it needs more exploration, because you may not find the needed factories and therefore their products. I use a jump drive mod (needs research first), with this (also NPC uses them) you can shorten the travel times and with that fasten trade/build time.

- Patrol (sector), attack fleets, etc...: Also take more time to respond. And BIG thing to know, the radar range of your ship is still 40km! That means in case of patrol in an eg. 3000km sector you may patrol only empty space, bec. your ship/fleet cannot see the enemies. I use mod (steam version) sector patrol, with parking at the sector core, this helps, as long as you have a decent satellite coverage (using the luxury sats from above mod). Now my patrol fleet respond 'mostly'.

- Sector core: where is it? Several mods/commands using the sector core as a starting point. E.g. Sector explorer mod, here you can set several things how to discover th esector and its objects. Same if you use resupply ships and give them the support fleet order, BUT set a sector as the target and no commander, then this resupply ship will be around the sector core. So it cannot resupply ships who are out of radar range to detect this resupply ship. The problem I encounter, is that the sector core may also way to high or low from the normal plane. This should be reconsiderd when you create the sectors.

- Speed: Is the key to a enlarged sector/universe, but as metion above it may be a little bit tricky now in case of missions. I didn't use your real speed mod by now. I also encountered a problem when I command ship to eg. deploy sats. at a give point. In this case the m ship flys full (travel-) speed to the point and releases the sat. But now, in some cases, the sat still has the drift from the ship itself - and its now floating away... (well, as in real life :-) )

- CPU impact: found none! Well, if you use travel mules a lot, read their faq. If you have (as I had in an earlier play) around 60+ active mules - this then starts to takes a toll onto your cpu. Same if you are in 'need' of a overwhelming HQ with everything (as me :-). Even some NPC sectors have ~50 stations - no problems encounterd.

- GPU impact: found none! (Only visual mod; using your star mod, no problem.)

Still, I like larger sectors. Its more interessting. You need to explore a lot lore, and you also need to plan more (in the beginning and in case you need products for your station building/factories. So I am realy looking forward to yours :-)

It also seems, that the X4 AI likes to cluster and build alongside travel lines (I don't have sector highways). When started, most stations are placed in the sector (randomly?). After several hours the new build stations are mostly in the neighbourhood of others or even anlong the travel lanes. E.g. from gate-to-gate, I build my own 7 factories, now during playtime HAT now placed a lot of its factory beside, across and nearby. While in other sectors I have small clusters. That I like a lot - this seems more realistic, and with larger sectors it even looks greater.

I also use XUniverse, XPand (Xpanded sector adv.) and New Horizons Old Lands. Everything works together. Is there a change that this sector mods can be used together with yours? I think its only about the positioning in the galaxy.xml.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 4. May 22, 23:44

Thank you for the detailed hints, I read them all and considered the points.

I can't go into details now, you'll soon try the prototype so can see my approach. I don't enlarge sectors, I expand them. F.i. argon is now 3 sectors, one close to the planet, one to the moon, one in between. Argon is also part of a system of 3 clusters, each having 3 sectors. As in the description I made above...so no risk of random enlarged sectors. Yes I move the gates about 3 to 5x more far but I check every place. Consider that i build superhighways and move planets accordingly for each cluster. Nothing is random here. Otherwise I had already finished weeks ago 😅

The economy part is all to see in action. At the end given the expansion of logical space, every faction will have more places and resources close to them. If every sector is in a system having gas giant, sun, etc then resources are at short range.

I expect the issues you report about the 10x galaxy to be minimal in my mod bc, as told, I don't enlarge sectors (yes I do at some extent, gates..) but increase the "internal" sectors that are all connected through superhighways (NOT highways that are removed), that AI ships gladly use

What I expect is that jump sectors will have most of the skirmishes and invasions. I am changing the logic of space from random to real planetary systems. S there are many more "dead-ends" now, which I suppose will be used as a faction territory (as it should be). Don't know yet what will happen but I think (hope) that economy can growth easily bc distances to resources will be reduced indeed, despite the universe and space looking bigger.

My engines mod makes the other part...now for what I could see, since autopilot makes a lot of tricks like teleporting the ship, the ai ships do it too and despite the inertia go very very fast (there is no real top speed in my mod, but you as player set it otherwise you end accelerating away). This also should speed up economy. In my brief tests I saw trader ships going very very fast.

Edit: forgot about this, compatibility. Adding other mods thar add sectors won't work out of the box bc I am taking all the space to enlarge the system's logic. To make it work in my mod galaxy map can zoom out more. Because every system has at least 3 clusters and several sectors and each is visually separated from the neighbouring one. Practically, making compatibility is easy as long as those mods put their sectors far away, so f.i. New Horizons ok, you can move the whole block down. Xpanded mod unfortually not bc it puts sectors inbetween the map
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 15. May 22, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 8. May 22, 08:15

Awesome concept, like your X3FL mod I already use, can't wait to try a similar concept in X4. Keep it up !

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 11. May 22, 00:01

Good to know! There is no feedback in the FL forum. I'd like to know how other players enjoyed the content, the concept, the solar gates, the expansion, expecially borons and the pink hostile friends .. etc ...It took me a lot of time but it was fun to create that galaxy, the atmospheres, the factions, customizing everything from layout, planet to ships....here it is somehow more convoluted, but more powerfull what can be done.. it's all xml and since I use the diff patch method I often face strange issues like today I spent hours to struggle with a macro that seems hardcoded, no matter the entry I added it won't show. To so deeply change the vanilla galaxy, not doing another, this is the price...but it is going, I've almost redone all Terran space and half base clusters. The new skyboxes I made let me even put planets milion kms away in the same sector, I made a superhwy that is 2milion km long in terran space...won't spoil the surprise. Space has never been so large in X 😁

Rocketeer8015
x4

Post by Rocketeer8015 » Sun, 15. May 22, 02:50

This sounds VERY cool. Much more immersive and it may even work out better for the AI as it currently poorly defends its systems. Have you thought about removing the hazardous regions while you are redoing the systems? I find them kinda immersion breaking(what kind of nebula eats hulls …), they add nothing to me as a player and the break the AI IS and get turned off OOS apparently anyway.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 15. May 22, 18:26

My idea was to change them in the way Freelancer did it. Those dangerous nebulae will be only around the suns. Consider that I am doing all new regions for evey new sector and these regions are huge.

They are either gas giant's low orbits (methane etc, every sytem will have one gas giant, every gas giant will have one sector in the low orbit);
sun coronas (every system will have a sector around a sun, I've rescaled 10x the sun corona's models);
asteroid fields that are either oort cluds like, destroyed moons, planet's rings (almost every system has one);
regions in the outer space (no more asteroids in the low orbit of planets if these have no rings).

These regions as told are so large you never reach the border. Some planets are in the same sector and are even 8 milion kms far away.

Everything is scaled but superhighways connect these regions so space is realistically huge but game's areas are not too much. They are about 4x vanilla, i.e. the new distance of gates. Should you venture out of them, regions won't end as in vanilla

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 17:24

Ok, quick update. I've been silent but working hard on the mod. I've started implementing a kind of template for each faction which starts owning at least one entire system. So I went further from the starting idea and added more sectors to each system.

Each system is made of a central sun plus 7-10 planets or eclyptics (that can be occupied by broken moons, etc). Generally, main planets expand over more than one sector (say a gas giant low orbit+rings+close moon), while secondary planets (not inhabitated, not having resources) are treated as simple waypoints (one sector only).

I followed the high density theory, that every system is similarly dense as the Sol system and also considered that races can at least terraform one more planet in every system. I think I managed to add a lot of variety, because now there are many secondary planets too. Also being every system a true system, it holds all the resources and is independent. Connections are not random, gates are few and in external planets, so every system is quite safe (except pirates, rough ones, etc)

Each system is made of minimum 15 sectors up to 21. Gates are moved to the external planets, with some exceptions.
I've made sofar:

Terrans
Antigone (2 systems)
Argon (2 systems)
Holy Order
Paranid (1 done, 1 to be done)
Teladi (3 systems)
Segaris

Split and Pirate systems remain to be done

I'm close to completion of this huge remake, but after this a lot of more tunings need to be done:
Region definition, which I've redone entirely
The whole description of the galaxy, which I do during the remaking
Station's spawning, god.xml etc
Starting sector's owners

I used a diff patch wherever possible so in theory all the vanilla sectors remain intact. I did not alter them, only added and expanded. This is done to keep compatibility with game starts, plots, etc. But it will require a lot of testing to see if any plot is broken, etc.

Also, I need suggestions to implement things like wormholes, special regions, hidden bases. It'd be good to have some people playing the prototype. The galaxy is quite different now and exploration can be made more interesting

Help:
For as silly as it is, I still don't know how to set OWNERSHIP OF A SECTOR TO A FACTION, AT START :gruebel:
I added several new sectors which should be owned by the faction of that system, at start. I looked everywhere in the libraries, did not find it
I'd like to keep the vanilla starts working with the mod too, so adding the new sectors to the faction at start

Also I'd like to know how these values in the mapdefaults work:
economy="0.5" security="0.25"

Thanks for the help

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 06:14

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 17:24
Help:
For as silly as it is, I still don't know how to set OWNERSHIP OF A SECTOR TO A FACTION, AT START :gruebel:
I added several new sectors which should be owned by the faction of that system, at start. I looked everywhere in the libraries, did not find it
I'd like to keep the vanilla starts working with the mod too, so adding the new sectors to the faction at start

Thanks for the help
Ownership is done by god.xml spawning a station that claims it

Economy is basically a loadout level for the number of production modules will have; undocumented and caused me a huge ****** headache to figure it out

Security, no clue

Shuulo (EGO)
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [TECHNICAL HELP] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

Post by Shuulo (EGO) » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 19:00

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 13. Apr 22, 13:11
4) setting ownership of a sector to a faction as default for any start. I added new sectors to every system, how to assign them to a specific faction?
you do that by adding a defense station in that sector for a faction in god.xml library.

edit: ah damn, DeadAir beat me and i dindt notice :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 00:32

Thank you both, guys ;-)
I've almost finished the prototype, one more system to go. Splits are the only ones still to be redone. But I think I'll release the alpha to be tested. Galaxy is already huge, about 4/5x the nr of sectors, 200+ more superhighways...it needs testing 😅

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:32

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 17:24

Thanks for the help
The economy="#.#" setting is used in the god file for spawning stations onto the map.
e.g

Code: Select all

<product id="nhparanid_refinedmetals" ware="refinedmetals" owner="nhparanid" type="factory">
      <quotas>
        <quota galaxy="3" />
      </quotas>
      <location class="galaxy" macro="xu_ep2_universe_macro" faction="nhparanid" relation="self" comparison="ge">
        <economy max="0.5" maxbound="false" />
      </location>
      <module>
        <select ware="refinedmetals" race="paranid"/>
      </module>
    </product> 
This makes it so that for this faction the refined metals stations will usually only spawn in a location that is maximum 0.5 economy. This can also ties in with the <region ware="###" max="###"/> tag for more control of station spawning.

The security="#.#" tag I think is for the Police faction patrols. Higher the number the more annoying the police seem to be, well that's what I have found but sometimes observations can be misleading.

Hope this helps.

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 18:07

I'm really looking forward to this release, keep up the good work.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 02:03

Ooo I'm excited to try this in my next playthrough.
F signature

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54

I really appreciate your work!
Are you planning to build those star systems true to the lore or are you inventing their composition?
If you are doing the first, if you wish, i can supply you with all the data i have about the star systems in X4 regarding their star (name, class) planets and moons (appearence, name, history) and other celestial bodies that are so far known from the games and books.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 22. Jun 22, 00:19

John Colman wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54
Are you planning to build those star systems true to the lore or are you inventing their composition?
If you are doing the first, if you wish, i can supply you with all the data i have about the star systems in X4 regarding their star (name, class) planets and moons (appearence, name, history) and other celestial bodies that are so far known from the games and books.
Playing X-Rebirth using your new systems - such a great job, really'd like to see these systems in X4. Wish you guys join your forces and make X4 what it should be in the first place :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 04:06

John Colman wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54
That's great! I am doing..well can say "have done" bc with today only the splits remain to be done..a sort of both ways. First I tried to regroup the existing sectors then expanded the missing ones to reach a minimum of 3/4 eclyptics for each system.

For description I go by fantasy inspired by current descriptions, change their logic (for istance systems to regions/quadrants to sectors accordingly). When possible add names for the planet taken by mapdefaults or added from the name's pools or I simply invent their names.

I also try to keep the descriptions in line with the regions I create, for instance a wreck field around a destroyed planet bc of xenon wars etc. I create tons of new regions and also new models of planets for precise eclyptics, say desert planetoids or ringed moon etc so that any region has a reason to be there. Also regions are huge, as they should be. Then there are the suns, a specific sector. There it'd be nice to implement additional secrets like anomalies. On contrary the external regions are similar to pluto/oort, cold and few light. There should be added secret pirate bases etc. I hope this kind of overhaul will inspire others to add mini-stories and features.

So after finally closing with the general layout I'd be very grateful for any help. It has been a huge work but am confident this can be the starting template for others to create better descriptions and working on the god.xml file to better reflect the new logic of true planetary systems

I'd gladly accept any help in both these, and any addition. I admit am quite tired but in a few days the mod will be ready so hope you all can put hands on and be inspired😅

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 14:06

Well, here you get it, this is all the informations i have on the systems in X4. Its taken from the sector descriptions from X3, the bbs news articles of X2 and X3, all the five books by helge kautz and the encyclopedia aswell by him. Some information might be from X4, but im sure i missed stuff in this regard, cause i dont play the game. Some information in the lore are contradictory, so interpreted it in a way that makes sense to me.
The schemes are always written from the inside out. First comes the name of the system, then the star. Planets and objects orbiting the star are marked by a "-" , moons and objects orbiting an Planet by "--" and twinplanets by "-&". Some dates are in earthyears others are in newtime starting from 2170 / 0 NT. You can see the Halmnan Aurora from some systems. The Halmnan Aurora is a big gas nebula and star formation area that engulfes many of the pre Xenon-war argon, boron and split core systems, but only few are actually confirmed to be in sight of this nebula.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argon:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argon Prime: (System has a total of 4 Planets)
Sonra
-Terraformer CPU-Ship #0001 Ool (Ool was the first CPU ship to be build therefore it is part of the first terraformer generation and did not evolve into Xenon because it cannot make decisions on its own but had to be controlled by humans. After it completed its Job it was decommissioned and put out of order into an polar Orbit around Sonra. It is not mentioned when and by whom, but i assume by the early Argon Federation. Its unknown in which distance it orbits the star, could also be farter out than Argon Prime.)
-Planet 1 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Planet 2 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Planet 3 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Argon Prime (Erthlike Planet, Seat of government of the Argon Federation, has Freshwater seas, population consists of about 90 million Argons and 110 million members of other races. Citys: Argonia City, New Brooks, Alicta, average surface temperature 17 degrees, Rotation period 24:04:02, Radius 5961km, Gravity 9.16 m/s² = 0.94 g)
--Port Thornton (Spacestation, propably the Trading Dock)
--Lunas

Black Hole Sun: (21,5 Lightyears away from Sol, there are on one site mentions, that the only planet is a gas giant, but other sources say that the planet Hades has an ocean, therefore i assume, that hades is a moon of the gasgiant)
Black Hole (Created from the Xenon during their retreat in the end of the last Xenon War by exploding a yellow star with a singularity bomb)
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)
-- Hades (Unknown Sea Creature discovered, Argon Military Spacestation on the Dark Side)

Antigone Memorial:
Sun
-Sandwell (Desert Planet, Scorching hot and dry, Home to the Argonopedia, biggest Argon Database)
--Remnants of Antigone Station (Once the biggest Argon Station, was destroyed by an Xenon Strike Force)

Hatikvahs Choice:
Sun (Orange Main Sequence Star)
-Asteroidfield
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)

Terran:

Sol:
Sol (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
-Mercury (Collection of Beryll-made Jumpgates close to the Planet, where used to transport terraformer drones through the system during the attack against the terrans)
-Venus (Gascollectors & Haven in the Atmossphere)
-Earth (Home planet of humanity and seat of government of Terrans, Remnants of Torus station in orbit)
--Moon (Forward military base, industrial & mining facilities)
-Cruithne (Asteroid, former terraformer jump gate on the surface)
-Mars (USC HQ, Host of the 12City, the biggest City in the Solar System)
--Phobos (Industrial, mining & residential complexes, space port)
--Deimos (Industrial, mining & residential complexes, space port)
-Ceres (Tracking station, long-range communications equipment and military monitoring stations)
-Jupiter (Semi-organic life forms in the upper atmosphere)
--Io
--Europa
--Ganymed
--Kallisto
-Saturn
--Titan
-Uranus
--Titania
-Neptune (Hydrogencollectors in the Atmossphere, jumpgate in orbit)
--Triton
--Nereide (In the year 735nt a USC ship carrying Kyle Brennan and Elena Kho crashes here)
-Pluto (Ship dock, monitoring stations, mining administrations)
--Charon
-Haumea (Tracking station)
-Sedna
-Quaoar
-Pele (Turning Point for USC Patrols, Abandoned Secret Beryl Base for Jump Gates, Paranid Ship hidden under the surface with crew cocooned)
-Eris (Artificial atmosphere and therefore habitable, tropical environment)
--Dysnomia
--Rabinowitz (Artificial mini sun)
-2687 EH1 (Asteroid, Kyle Brennan and Nopileos establish a memorial for Elena Kho here in 768nt)
-Wayward Station (Appears only in the books)
-Jump gate (In the books its out there, in the games in the asteroid belt)

Brennans Triumph:
Alpha Centauri Alpha (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
-Planet 1
-Taurus (Former Terran Colony, originally more than 10 million inhabitants, destroyed during terraformer war)
Alpha Centauri Beta (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
Proxima Centauri (Red Dwarf)

Segaris:
Sun
-Terranova (Former terran colony, evacuated during terraformer war, terraformers destroyed the ecosystem and climate, but left buildings intact)

Gaian Prophecy:
Sun
-Sutton (Earthlike)

Teladi:

Grand Exchange:
Sun
-Goldminers Dream (Habitable Planet, Skyscraper called Grand Exchange on the Surface)

Scale Plate Green:
Sun
-Natures Profit (Ruins of an unknown Race, Teladi exploited the ruins and sold the artifacts, surface covered by swamps, economy mostly agricultural)

Ianamus Zura:
Ianamus
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3
-Planet 4
-Planet 5
-Planet 6
-Planet 7
-Planet 8
-Zura (Teladi Homeworld, was severed from its colonies in 2146 during a reconfiguration of jumpgates and nearly 800 years later rediscovered. Breathtaking Auroras in the Atmossphere because of the special magnetic field, mostly swampy surface with shallow oceans. Rotation period 26:04:39, radius 5817 km, gravity 8.94 m/s² = 0.91 g, moderate temperatures. )

Profit Center Alpha: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)
-Planet 2 (Gasgiant)

Memory of Profit: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Ikssaar
--Haarii

Two Grand: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1 (Probably Gasgiant)
-Planet 2 (Probably Gasgiant)
--Moon 1 (Rocky / barren Surface, training area for Teladi troops)

Split:

Thuruk's Demise: (Halmnan Aurora visible)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3
-Planet 4
-Planet 5
-Planet 6
-Planet 7
-Planet 8 (Slave colony on the surface)
-Gho-Czman (Brown Gasgiant, its name means Living pangolin, enormous gravitational field, the jumpgates are on the opposite sides of the planet, in the year 742nt a minor space battle occurs in orbit between Split, Boron and Xenon around the Xperimental Shuttle.)

Wretched Skies: (Halmnan Aurora visible, large dumpsite of trash, wrecks and corpses, several Split Prisons aswell as a Paranid Colony in the system)
Kasum-ghan (Orange Main Sequence Star)
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3 (Gas giant with rings, i just assume it to be the third planet)
-Kasum IV (Earth-like planet. Cultivation of Jabal plant & Argnu cattle, smarad green ocean with two golden land masses, Cities: Honhum-tan. Is under the control of the split based "Lho-Ingtar trading consortium", which however has entrusted the Teladi company to administer and manage it. The Teladi for their part, hire mainly Argon to pick the Jabal blossoms. Average temperature of 14 degrees, Rotation period 15:55:48, radius 6210 km, gravity 9.54 m/s² = 0.98 g)

Family Kritt (Agricultural Economy, formerly run by Family Njy)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Planet 2

Paranid:

Unholy Retribution
Sun
-Xar´Bar (Hostile Environment, Settlers accused by priests of not following paranid religious rules)

Faulty Logic (Ore and Silicon mines in the system)
Sun
-XylaXaar (One of the most resource-rich planets in known space, home to the oldest Paranid colony. At distant and irregular intervals, usually every hundred jazuras, there is a total windlessness here, during which there is not the slightest movement of air. During this time, extreme smog builds up in the major cities of the planet, making it almost impossible to spend time in the open air and therefore partially crippling the economy.)

Trinity Sanctum (New location of the "Holy Relic of Hope")
Power of faith
-&Planet 1 (Wild and untamed, nomade paranids raise maja snails)
-&Planet 2 (Wild and untamed, nomade paranids raise maja snails)
-Wirband (Desert Planet, similar to Paranid Prime. Since the year 2372 Wirband has been the mausoleum of the Sleeping Pontifex and sacrosanct for Paranids with a religious rank below the Third Consecration. Average surface temperature of 56 degrees, Rotation period 44:12:56, Radius 12912km, Gravity19.84 m/s² = 2.03 g, very little water and no exploitable mineral resources,)

Sacred Relic
Sun
-Planet 1 (Formerly inhabited by unknown race, ruins on the surface including a 3 stories high stone needle, giving the system its name.)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 00:08

Ok...well seems I took maaaany liberties 😆

I regrouped some of the vanilla "systems" into bigger ones. My systems are generally much larger, some are as Terran Sol, some have less planets but definetly much more than even vanilla description.

There is always an earthlike planet, a mars-like and a gas giant, in every system.

I used the planet's names you mentioned. I use all those present in the mapdefaults then look at description then, if still not named, I simply invent them. The latter are not spoken by betty but it is not a big deal.

Today I made 2 more Split systems, and the whole tides of avarice...that is a single system now...4 more and last systems and the base mod is ready. 😅

I tried a new game, it takes 10 minutes to start the map but then it goes without errors. The map is practically 4/5x bigger so it is to be expected. The mod urgently needs testing....

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”