[OLD] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo (EGO)
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [TECHNICAL HELP] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

Post by Shuulo (EGO) » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 19:00

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 13. Apr 22, 13:11
4) setting ownership of a sector to a faction as default for any start. I added new sectors to every system, how to assign them to a specific faction?
you do that by adding a defense station in that sector for a faction in god.xml library.

edit: ah damn, DeadAir beat me and i dindt notice :)

Realspace
x4

Re: [WIP] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

Post by Realspace » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 00:32

Thank you both, guys ;-)
I've almost finished the prototype, one more system to go. Splits are the only ones still to be redone. But I think I'll release the alpha to be tested. Galaxy is already huge, about 4/5x the nr of sectors, 200+ more superhighways...it needs testing 😅

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:32

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 17:24

Also I'd like to know how these values in the mapdefaults work:
economy="0.5" security="0.25"

Thanks for the help
The economy="#.#" setting is used in the god file for spawning stations onto the map.
e.g

Code: Select all

<product id="nhparanid_refinedmetals" ware="refinedmetals" owner="nhparanid" type="factory">
      <quotas>
        <quota galaxy="3" />
      </quotas>
      <location class="galaxy" macro="xu_ep2_universe_macro" faction="nhparanid" relation="self" comparison="ge">
        <economy max="0.5" maxbound="false" />
      </location>
      <module>
        <select ware="refinedmetals" race="paranid"/>
      </module>
    </product> 
This makes it so that for this faction the refined metals stations will usually only spawn in a location that is maximum 0.5 economy. This can also ties in with the <region ware="###" max="###"/> tag for more control of station spawning.

The security="#.#" tag I think is for the Police faction patrols. Higher the number the more annoying the police seem to be, well that's what I have found but sometimes observations can be misleading.

Hope this helps.

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 18:07

I'm really looking forward to this release, keep up the good work.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 02:03

Ooo I'm excited to try this in my next playthrough.
F signature

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54

I really appreciate your work!
Are you planning to build those star systems true to the lore or are you inventing their composition?
If you are doing the first, if you wish, i can supply you with all the data i have about the star systems in X4 regarding their star (name, class) planets and moons (appearence, name, history) and other celestial bodies that are so far known from the games and books.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 22. Jun 22, 00:19

John Colman wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54
Are you planning to build those star systems true to the lore or are you inventing their composition?
If you are doing the first, if you wish, i can supply you with all the data i have about the star systems in X4 regarding their star (name, class) planets and moons (appearence, name, history) and other celestial bodies that are so far known from the games and books.
Playing X-Rebirth using your new systems - such a great job, really'd like to see these systems in X4. Wish you guys join your forces and make X4 what it should be in the first place :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 04:06

John Colman wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 16:54
That's great! I am doing..well can say "have done" bc with today only the splits remain to be done..a sort of both ways. First I tried to regroup the existing sectors then expanded the missing ones to reach a minimum of 3/4 eclyptics for each system.

For description I go by fantasy inspired by current descriptions, change their logic (for istance systems to regions/quadrants to sectors accordingly). When possible add names for the planet taken by mapdefaults or added from the name's pools or I simply invent their names.

I also try to keep the descriptions in line with the regions I create, for instance a wreck field around a destroyed planet bc of xenon wars etc. I create tons of new regions and also new models of planets for precise eclyptics, say desert planetoids or ringed moon etc so that any region has a reason to be there. Also regions are huge, as they should be. Then there are the suns, a specific sector. There it'd be nice to implement additional secrets like anomalies. On contrary the external regions are similar to pluto/oort, cold and few light. There should be added secret pirate bases etc. I hope this kind of overhaul will inspire others to add mini-stories and features.

So after finally closing with the general layout I'd be very grateful for any help. It has been a huge work but am confident this can be the starting template for others to create better descriptions and working on the god.xml file to better reflect the new logic of true planetary systems

I'd gladly accept any help in both these, and any addition. I admit am quite tired but in a few days the mod will be ready so hope you all can put hands on and be inspired😅

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 14:06

Well, here you get it, this is all the informations i have on the systems in X4. Its taken from the sector descriptions from X3, the bbs news articles of X2 and X3, all the five books by helge kautz and the encyclopedia aswell by him. Some information might be from X4, but im sure i missed stuff in this regard, cause i dont play the game. Some information in the lore are contradictory, so interpreted it in a way that makes sense to me.
The schemes are always written from the inside out. First comes the name of the system, then the star. Planets and objects orbiting the star are marked by a "-" , moons and objects orbiting an Planet by "--" and twinplanets by "-&". Some dates are in earthyears others are in newtime starting from 2170 / 0 NT. You can see the Halmnan Aurora from some systems. The Halmnan Aurora is a big gas nebula and star formation area that engulfes many of the pre Xenon-war argon, boron and split core systems, but only few are actually confirmed to be in sight of this nebula.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argon:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argon Prime: (System has a total of 4 Planets)
Sonra
-Terraformer CPU-Ship #0001 Ool (Ool was the first CPU ship to be build therefore it is part of the first terraformer generation and did not evolve into Xenon because it cannot make decisions on its own but had to be controlled by humans. After it completed its Job it was decommissioned and put out of order into an polar Orbit around Sonra. It is not mentioned when and by whom, but i assume by the early Argon Federation. Its unknown in which distance it orbits the star, could also be farter out than Argon Prime.)
-Planet 1 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Planet 2 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Planet 3 (Hot and barren World like Mercury)
-Argon Prime (Erthlike Planet, Seat of government of the Argon Federation, has Freshwater seas, population consists of about 90 million Argons and 110 million members of other races. Citys: Argonia City, New Brooks, Alicta, average surface temperature 17 degrees, Rotation period 24:04:02, Radius 5961km, Gravity 9.16 m/s² = 0.94 g)
--Port Thornton (Spacestation, propably the Trading Dock)
--Lunas

Black Hole Sun: (21,5 Lightyears away from Sol, there are on one site mentions, that the only planet is a gas giant, but other sources say that the planet Hades has an ocean, therefore i assume, that hades is a moon of the gasgiant)
Black Hole (Created from the Xenon during their retreat in the end of the last Xenon War by exploding a yellow star with a singularity bomb)
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)
-- Hades (Unknown Sea Creature discovered, Argon Military Spacestation on the Dark Side)

Antigone Memorial:
Sun
-Sandwell (Desert Planet, Scorching hot and dry, Home to the Argonopedia, biggest Argon Database)
--Remnants of Antigone Station (Once the biggest Argon Station, was destroyed by an Xenon Strike Force)

Hatikvahs Choice:
Sun (Orange Main Sequence Star)
-Asteroidfield
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)

Terran:

Sol:
Sol (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
-Mercury (Collection of Beryll-made Jumpgates close to the Planet, where used to transport terraformer drones through the system during the attack against the terrans)
-Venus (Gascollectors & Haven in the Atmossphere)
-Earth (Home planet of humanity and seat of government of Terrans, Remnants of Torus station in orbit)
--Moon (Forward military base, industrial & mining facilities)
-Cruithne (Asteroid, former terraformer jump gate on the surface)
-Mars (USC HQ, Host of the 12City, the biggest City in the Solar System)
--Phobos (Industrial, mining & residential complexes, space port)
--Deimos (Industrial, mining & residential complexes, space port)
-Ceres (Tracking station, long-range communications equipment and military monitoring stations)
-Jupiter (Semi-organic life forms in the upper atmosphere)
--Io
--Europa
--Ganymed
--Kallisto
-Saturn
--Titan
-Uranus
--Titania
-Neptune (Hydrogencollectors in the Atmossphere, jumpgate in orbit)
--Triton
--Nereide (In the year 735nt a USC ship carrying Kyle Brennan and Elena Kho crashes here)
-Pluto (Ship dock, monitoring stations, mining administrations)
--Charon
-Haumea (Tracking station)
-Sedna
-Quaoar
-Pele (Turning Point for USC Patrols, Abandoned Secret Beryl Base for Jump Gates, Paranid Ship hidden under the surface with crew cocooned)
-Eris (Artificial atmosphere and therefore habitable, tropical environment)
--Dysnomia
--Rabinowitz (Artificial mini sun)
-2687 EH1 (Asteroid, Kyle Brennan and Nopileos establish a memorial for Elena Kho here in 768nt)
-Wayward Station (Appears only in the books)
-Jump gate (In the books its out there, in the games in the asteroid belt)

Brennans Triumph:
Alpha Centauri Alpha (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
-Planet 1
-Taurus (Former Terran Colony, originally more than 10 million inhabitants, destroyed during terraformer war)
Alpha Centauri Beta (Yellow Main Sequence Star)
Proxima Centauri (Red Dwarf)

Segaris:
Sun
-Terranova (Former terran colony, evacuated during terraformer war, terraformers destroyed the ecosystem and climate, but left buildings intact)

Gaian Prophecy:
Sun
-Sutton (Earthlike)

Teladi:

Grand Exchange:
Sun
-Goldminers Dream (Habitable Planet, Skyscraper called Grand Exchange on the Surface)

Scale Plate Green:
Sun
-Natures Profit (Ruins of an unknown Race, Teladi exploited the ruins and sold the artifacts, surface covered by swamps, economy mostly agricultural)

Ianamus Zura:
Ianamus
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3
-Planet 4
-Planet 5
-Planet 6
-Planet 7
-Planet 8
-Zura (Teladi Homeworld, was severed from its colonies in 2146 during a reconfiguration of jumpgates and nearly 800 years later rediscovered. Breathtaking Auroras in the Atmossphere because of the special magnetic field, mostly swampy surface with shallow oceans. Rotation period 26:04:39, radius 5817 km, gravity 8.94 m/s² = 0.91 g, moderate temperatures. )

Profit Center Alpha: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1 (Gasgiant)
-Planet 2 (Gasgiant)

Memory of Profit: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Ikssaar
--Haarii

Two Grand: (Has probably only 2 Planets)
Sun
-Planet 1 (Probably Gasgiant)
-Planet 2 (Probably Gasgiant)
--Moon 1 (Rocky / barren Surface, training area for Teladi troops)

Split:

Thuruk's Demise: (Halmnan Aurora visible)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3
-Planet 4
-Planet 5
-Planet 6
-Planet 7
-Planet 8 (Slave colony on the surface)
-Gho-Czman (Brown Gasgiant, its name means Living pangolin, enormous gravitational field, the jumpgates are on the opposite sides of the planet, in the year 742nt a minor space battle occurs in orbit between Split, Boron and Xenon around the Xperimental Shuttle.)

Wretched Skies: (Halmnan Aurora visible, large dumpsite of trash, wrecks and corpses, several Split Prisons aswell as a Paranid Colony in the system)
Kasum-ghan (Orange Main Sequence Star)
-Planet 1
-Planet 2
-Planet 3 (Gas giant with rings, i just assume it to be the third planet)
-Kasum IV (Earth-like planet. Cultivation of Jabal plant & Argnu cattle, smarad green ocean with two golden land masses, Cities: Honhum-tan. Is under the control of the split based "Lho-Ingtar trading consortium", which however has entrusted the Teladi company to administer and manage it. The Teladi for their part, hire mainly Argon to pick the Jabal blossoms. Average temperature of 14 degrees, Rotation period 15:55:48, radius 6210 km, gravity 9.54 m/s² = 0.98 g)

Family Kritt (Agricultural Economy, formerly run by Family Njy)
Sun
-Planet 1
-Planet 2

Paranid:

Unholy Retribution
Sun
-Xar´Bar (Hostile Environment, Settlers accused by priests of not following paranid religious rules)

Faulty Logic (Ore and Silicon mines in the system)
Sun
-XylaXaar (One of the most resource-rich planets in known space, home to the oldest Paranid colony. At distant and irregular intervals, usually every hundred jazuras, there is a total windlessness here, during which there is not the slightest movement of air. During this time, extreme smog builds up in the major cities of the planet, making it almost impossible to spend time in the open air and therefore partially crippling the economy.)

Trinity Sanctum (New location of the "Holy Relic of Hope")
Power of faith
-&Planet 1 (Wild and untamed, nomade paranids raise maja snails)
-&Planet 2 (Wild and untamed, nomade paranids raise maja snails)
-Wirband (Desert Planet, similar to Paranid Prime. Since the year 2372 Wirband has been the mausoleum of the Sleeping Pontifex and sacrosanct for Paranids with a religious rank below the Third Consecration. Average surface temperature of 56 degrees, Rotation period 44:12:56, Radius 12912km, Gravity19.84 m/s² = 2.03 g, very little water and no exploitable mineral resources,)

Sacred Relic
Sun
-Planet 1 (Formerly inhabited by unknown race, ruins on the surface including a 3 stories high stone needle, giving the system its name.)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 00:08

Ok...well seems I took maaaany liberties 😆

I regrouped some of the vanilla "systems" into bigger ones. My systems are generally much larger, some are as Terran Sol, some have less planets but definetly much more than even vanilla description.

There is always an earthlike planet, a mars-like and a gas giant, in every system.

I used the planet's names you mentioned. I use all those present in the mapdefaults then look at description then, if still not named, I simply invent them. The latter are not spoken by betty but it is not a big deal.

Today I made 2 more Split systems, and the whole tides of avarice...that is a single system now...4 more and last systems and the base mod is ready. 😅

I tried a new game, it takes 10 minutes to start the map but then it goes without errors. The map is practically 4/5x bigger so it is to be expected. The mod urgently needs testing....

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 12:12

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 24. Jun 22, 00:08
I regrouped some of the vanilla "systems" into bigger ones. My systems are generally much larger, some are as Terran Sol, some have less planets but definetly much more than even vanilla description.
I did the same with my mods for X Rebirth where i included Midnight Star and Aguilars Belt into one System https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/549 , but that is because they neighbour each other in X3 and have the same Backgroundstars, the same sun and nearly the same planets, aswell as no lore mentioning them beeing separate. It is mentioned somewhere in the lore about the gateshutdown, that there actually were Jumpgate connections within some systems.
Realspace wrote:
Fri, 24. Jun 22, 00:08
There is always an earthlike planet, a mars-like and a gas giant, in every system.
Well i think its pretty boring and also very unrealistic. Star systems can differ a lot, in the games aswell as in reality. Not every star provides the environment for habitable worlds and gas giants cannot form in systems with bright shining stars which provide alot of Solar winds. Also for story related aspects its boring when every system is like each other and people in these systems didnt had to fight for their survival during the gate shutdown because their systems lack specific ressources or planets. For example, look at the DeVries-System from XR. The Canterans didnt have access to a habitable world, few ice in the system and a crumbling fleet of stations and ships. This shaped their society and gave them a recognizable unique style, which enriches the game world. In the systems i added to XR i made the systems as unique as possible. Not every one has a habitable world, one doesnt even have planets at all. Some are darker and others brighter with 2 or 3 suns. Also the ressources differ vastly, some are being rich, others are poor or have only specific ressources, sometimes even in larger quantities. This forces players to plan their approaches more wisely because not every system has everything in it and i think it gives way to a more fun experience.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 25. Jun 22, 09:23

Yep good point. Let's say that Rebirth despite very limited in the galaxy already was born with more variety and art. X4 is a collection of random sectors. I considered the idea that each faction at start had at least colonized one habitable Sol-like system, which should be not so rare according to "reality"

My original idea was to keep the mod very compact in order to then add some more "explorative" sectors in harsh places...fact is that for how the game manages the travel for long distances (gates/superhighways), exploration is not-existing. A nice game's mechanics would be to be able to build superhighways in the game. That would change a lot, bc with this engine and after the mod I made on the skyboxes, you could even put an entire system inside a sector. Even with high speed the travel would be too long but it would be nice to explore a region that is not connected, say a giant's rings region, and build a conection thereafter.

I used the superhighways a lot for expanding these huge regions of space. If in vanilla you jump from sector to sector inside even a planetary system, with my mod jumping is only at minimum two solar eclyptics, otherwise you can go from planet to moons of even to the closer planet (milions kms) by superhws so in theory this huge interplanetary space exists in game, you could navigate and find things. Yes, it would take days even at very high speed. I used a scaled distancing, still huge (in terms of millions kms). What I'd like is to make this work for gaming. Because making more random sectors, eyecandy blackholes etc which are just backdrops, they don't change the mechanics of jumping from a box to another. There is an implicit contrast between these two game's aspects: exploration and mass economy. The latter requires the boxes otherwise the game could freeze with all the simulation going on, but exploration suffers this "boxing".

I regrouped the sectors in system's connections aka super-hws and accelerators, still the sectors exist so, even if a sector is in anothe system, a faction should conquer it the same way as in vanilla. I think this is nice in action, a faction taking an external region of another faction's system. Game works the same, except that systems are more protected now having few external gates.

After the original idea I went very far, maybe I overdid but created entire systems made of multiple planets. For gameplay we could manage the region definition in order to give more strategical lack or richness of resources. As default I did not alter the vanilla sectors but added large regions there and in the new sectors. These regions are huge but not dense. The next step will be making more pockets of resources put far in the sectors.

From day one I got much more knowledgable about the game's design so, for instance, i got back to create true rings of asteroids exactly in the radius of the rings (as Saturn) instead of pockets of roids. This meaning one could really navigate the whole ring (200.000km or such) and find roids. This would expand the exploration a lot. Contrary to x3, we could have an entire game inside one sector. Point is how to make it work.

Third issue is that the game becomes slow. I tried a new start with the mod and it took 10 minutes to load the start.

At this point, the mod being almost ready in the general layout, I think I'll finish it with the current design, let people test it (I did a lot to make every system unique, not last by creating new planetary models) then finetune, maybe even remove some resources to salt it

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD TESTING] XRSGE - Galaxy REMAKE

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 11:04

UPDATE!

The map is ready!!! :-D ....(the mod is still not... :doh: )

I am uploading the new STARS mod 3.0 that has been greatly expanded in order for XRSGE mod to use all new materials.
So please start by updating the STARS 3.0 mod otherwise this one will not work: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

What I am still doing?
1) Checking all the region_definitions I modified, one by one. My aim is not only enlarge them to work in the new map (vanilla sectors are somehow untouched but distances are enlarged there too) but also improve performace and change the volumetric fogs to be softer, real regional fog and not intrusive spots
2) Working on the god.xml to recreate a starting setting that is coherent with the map but also for anomalies and hidden bases that follow the new star geometry
3) Adding or changing the gates further to create more complexed connection to increase strategy
4) Still working on names and descriptions

TESTERS URGENTLY NEEDED
For now I recomend the mod only to modders who want to be involved in the project and players who want to help testing the mod

What needs to be tested first:
1) SUPERHIGHWAYS. I've created 200+ superhws, there can be errors and not working ones. I already noticed that sometimes if the sector is still not displayed in the map the superhighway appears inactive but it works normally if the ending sector is known. Any guess why?
2) Checking names and descriptions, names as first. First understand how the names are set, then see if some are missing or incoherent (like a gamma sector for low orbit instead of alpha sector, etc.)

....updating.....
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 12:46

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 11:04
2) Working on the god.xml to recreate a starting setting that is coherent with the map but also for anomalies and hidden bases that follow the new star geometry
I hope new map will have DeadAir Dynamic Wars mod in mind too. Will this map be suitable for changing factions relationship and wars?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:41

The topic is moved to the thread with all the mods for the Galaxy Remake project.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=427585
Please move there for further requests.
The X4RSGE mod is uploading
Alpha testing for modders and players who want to help

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 15:39

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 12:46
Realspace wrote:
I hope new map will have DeadAir Dynamic Wars mod in mind too. Will this map be suitable for changing factions relationship and wars?
There's very little hard coding in my mod so it should work fine

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 16:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 15:39
ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 12:46
Realspace wrote:
There's very little hard coding in my mod so it should work fine
looking at the github I don't see any god.xml so I think it should be fine as it is, both mods should work together.
I will only add a totally redone god.xml to XRSGE because, of course, the map is totally changed and needs a new logic, new stations, new anomalies, etc. The rest (economy, etc.)I will leave to other mods. I hope the map will inspire other modders as base template.
I am uploading the mod, I reunited all the mods in one single thread: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=427585

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”