[Question] New story/plot

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

32anChips
x4

[Question] New story/plot

Post by 32anChips » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 03:42

What would you need to make a new story / plot ?

Split from sticky.E.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Question] New story/plot

Post by euclid » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 19:57

Welcome 32anChips :-)

As you have noticed I've moved your post from the sticky thread because an own post should provide more feedback. However, as there were no replies yet I'll give you some pointers.

To create missions you need to learn the MD XML (see stickies here in this forum on how to start modding and also on tutorials) as all missions are triggered by events like entering a specific sector, docking at a specific station etc.. It is not too difficult to create a simple mission, meaning without PDA (video & voice) messages. You just need a trigger (event) and then send the objective to the player log. The mission would end if the objective is met (again an event). It gets a little more complicated if you want the mission to be registered (access via the UI) to have accept, progress update and mission detail options. To include PDA messages involves more work. Probably you could use some of the existing videos and add your own voice file to it but I've never tested that.

Hope that helps for a start ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

32anChips
x4

Re: [Question] New story/plot

Post by 32anChips » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 02:33

Thank you very much Euclid for the reply that is just what I was looking for.
Massive apologies for the delay my filing system for bookmarks is terrible and my memory is just as bad.
Thanks again 32andchips

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”