[request] Crew multiple selection/move by race/gender

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pitagora
x4

[request] Crew multiple selection/move by race/gender

Post by Pitagora » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 17:30

Hi fellow modders,

Here to ask the feasibility of a small mod able to select multiple (specific) crew members at once and change their role within the same ship.

I love to organize my ships crew making (for example) all female service crew and male marines, but picking each one on an incarcatura is a real pain.

I usually fill the ship with marines then pick all the girls and move them to service, so even a simple multiple (ctrl+click) section/move can be really helpful.

I know is an odd request, but you know... It's the sandbox games legacy, everyone finds the fun in a different way in theese games. :D

How hard can it be?
Ricarica et impera!

Pitagora
x4

Re: [request] Crew multiple selection/move by race/gender

Post by Pitagora » Sat, 7. May 22, 11:41

Ok, with so many views and no replies I understand I'm the only fool who want this kind of mod. :D

Soooo, anyone able to suggest me some ship crew management mods I can try to modify on my own?

I'm able to use programming tools, also made a couple of mods for other games, but never touched an X4 mod so I appreciate to be pointed in the right direction if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Ricarica et impera!

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Thu, 26. May 22, 02:12

You aren't the only one that wants this.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 26. May 22, 02:56

The problem isn't that nobody is interested; it is just that it is a much larger task than it would initially seem. I'm not even sure how it would be done to be honest with the lack of stable ui modding.

You could try it via lua which hardly anyone can actually mod.

Or you could try it via md and use sir nukes mod support for the ui portion.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 26. May 22, 10:40

Probably possible this way:
1. Converse with anyone in the ship,
2. Add options like: all girls go engineer, all boys go marines
3. loop through all personnel on the ship, change role if required
4. there are some gotchas:
4a. all but the captain are NPC templates - they work a little differently to npc entities, just a little differently
4b. There’ll be overflow of gender-role assignments if numbers don’t match
4c. Could be tricky gettin exact match because hiring is unchanged. Maybe auto fire the overflow and fill positions manually via normal hire convo

Of course, all this requires MD and x4 datatype know-how
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”