Suggestion: The Behemoth G Class

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blackbirdx61
x4

Suggestion: The Behemoth G Class

Post by Blackbirdx61 » Thu, 28. Apr 22, 18:37

If you look at it the Behemoth looks like a massive double barrelled gun in space, no?

[ external image ] (The link seems to work below, but the Image will not post?)

But I think most players would agree with me that the promise far outshines the reality of that lame, Phew, Phew gun that we actually get that barely scratches a K, and is harmless as tossing Tennis balls against an I-Class.

At the sametime, the Behemoth can carry up to 40 Fighters; but as I have never seen a single video where this beasty launches even one. Excuse me if I dont believe anyone actually uses this ship as a Carrier.

So I was thinking I would love to see a mod, where in that unused Carry capacity is reduced to at most 12 Fighters; and maybe just 4 for scouts. While the Guns are buffed to ... Optimally something like 1/3 an Asgard Cannon; but at least the pop of a Heavy Torpedo. The graphic of the big plasma turret firing is so much more impressive, so I think that might be ported over. So no new graphics might be made.

Unfortunately I do not have the time and skills to do this myself; but if anyone wants to pick up this challange, I would be happy to make an appropriate donation at Nexus Mods when you post the file.
Please re here, if your interested in working something out. Or PM me for my personal email to discuss off board. TY much BB.

http://www.anar-mura.com/2022/X4_Behemoth_27Mar_132.jpg

Manawydn
x4

Re: Suggestion: The Behemoth G Class

Post by Manawydn » Thu, 28. Apr 22, 19:51

Have you heard of our Lord and Saviour VRO?

Blackbirdx61
x4

Post by Blackbirdx61 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 21:21

Manawydn wrote:
Thu, 28. Apr 22, 19:51
Have you heard of our Lord and Saviour VRO?
Heard of is about it, I take it I'm asking for something that's already been done.
I do use some quality of life mods, but this is my first play through, so I've tried not to go too
Crazy with mods/DLCs. TY I will take a closer look at VRO.

Sorry for the delayed reply, life and wrk, yeah know.
TYVM for your reply. BB.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 23:46

No worries! For first playthroughs, I suggest sticking with the unmodified vanilla version, as that would give you the baseline of what things *should* look like in-game. That being said, VRO can only be added to a new game anyways, so I would suggest running it once you are ready to begin a new game. Me personally, when I want to play vanilla, I keep a backup of the original vanilla extensions folder, just renamed to something along the lines of "rename for vanilla" I do the same in reverse as well for VRO when the vanilla extensions file is "active" via rename. Alternatively, you could also use tools like Vortex to handle most/all of that as well. X4 might even be on Mod Organizer 2, but don't quote me on that one.

Blackbirdx61
x4

Post by Blackbirdx61 » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 14:38

Cool,
Much appreciate the guidance. Especially how you keep the Vanilla version set aside, that does make good sense to me. Enjoy the weekend. BB

Blackbirdx61
x4

Post by Blackbirdx61 » Wed, 4. May 22, 16:02

Ok so I found a mod that does just what I wanted,
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/125

Thing is it also spawns a sort of Super Behemoth on each boot up of the game.

To stop this mod from spawning a supership on each boot up you need to, go into the Ag.xml file and replace.

<conditions>
<check_any>
<event_cue_signalled cue="md.Setup.GameStart" />
<event_player_created/>
</check_any>
</conditions>

With...
<conditions>
<check_any>
<!-- event_cue_signalled cue="md.Setup.GameStart" / -->
<!-- event_player_created/ -->
<!-- I am an XML Comment -->
</check_any>
</conditions>

Ok so all we have done is commented out the trigger. So if for whatever reason you need another super ship.
just restore the text and boot up the game. This does seem to adress the Spawing bug, while it does not affect
the fact that the mod replaces the lame Vanilla pop gun with a proper weapon for something that runs
2/3 the length of the Behemoth. I've done minimal playtesting of this edit, just a few hours but it seems to work just fine.

BB.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”