Mod that allows xenon relations to change?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KalisaFox
x4

Mod that allows xenon relations to change?

Post by KalisaFox » Tue, 3. May 22, 14:44

Or an easy way to make this possible? im trying to set up a custom yaki start where I start with 0 relationship with xenon so they are not hostile at start, also planned to try and set up a resource economy and supply them, but i noticed if i attack any of them theres no faction hit, their faction is locked at what i set it at the start, I wouldnt mind even if i could have the option to declare war on them eventually but even that is disabled, so having to find a workaround, either a mod that makes it so i can at least hurt their relationship (ideally be improved as well with trading) or i assume I could change the files somehow for the faction to be able to not be locked? just not sure what kind of issues this could cause.

Malchar
x4

Re: Mod that allows xenon relations to change?

Post by Malchar » Tue, 3. May 22, 20:19

KalisaFox wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 14:44
im trying to set up a custom yaki start
The answer is in your question. If it is a custom start / scenario, you just have to set relations in your gamestart.xml.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 4. May 22, 04:08

Malchar wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 20:19
KalisaFox wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 14:44
im trying to set up a custom yaki start
The answer is in your question. If it is a custom start / scenario, you just have to set relations in your gamestart.xml.
Are those changes retroactive in a current game though? im talking adjusting relations mid game as the xenon seem locked, wanting to have a start that they start non hostile as im starting as a yaki, but have the option if i need or want to, to change them to hostile later.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 4. May 22, 05:52

Name of the file ; gamestart speak for itself. It cant be retroactive. however you can change relation, by modifying your savegame.
Otherwise you make things uselessly complicated. If you want xenons non hostile at start, define it like that in your scenario gamestart file. If later you turn them hostile, declare them war.
If it is for yourself and not for a mod, ignore gamstart and simply launch a custom game ; there is enough options, imo, for what you want.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 4. May 22, 06:44

oh okay so i can modify my existing game file anytime to change factions, thats what i really wanted to know, as for war, u cant declare war on xenon, even if u start non hostile, at least with in game options, perhaps that option is in save file.
just finding the exact location in save file may be a challange.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 4. May 22, 07:22

In first place, I m not too sure why you posted in this forum, the main one seems more adequate, imo.

The only thing you have to know about x4 save is they are pack. So modify a save it will be more easy to unpacked/extract it first. After that about all in save game files are clear, what you are looking for, is, IIRC at the very beginning of the file. Remember however relation go in 2 way. So modify relation player xenons then xenons player. Once the file modifed send it back to its packed container.

If you cant declare war to xenons act with hostility with them and you will have quickly have your war.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 4. May 22, 08:27

well the steam dicussion for any mod help is rough, the response time is allot lower and initially i was looking for a mod or how to mod to make it so xenon were unlocked (all of this was in my original post, them being locked, unable to declare war, me looking for a workaround, being aware about modfying them at start as thats how i got into this situation) also both are community forums but this one tends to have more activity beyond general discussion, and thanks for the location for the changes, also like i said in my original post, acting with hostility on xenon doesnt work by default because they are also locked hence why i started looking for solutions, if it was as simple as shooting xenon then it would have been a non issue, shooting just turns the local ones hostile for a short time, and with war disabled its effectivly impossible without modifiying files or adding a mod to change xenons faction after game start.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 4. May 22, 13:58

xenon relations can be unlocked by modding factions.xml
you can set up a script to change relations or edit the save as mentioned before

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 4. May 22, 15:12

First before to modify a save, may be you can take precautions, and make a copy you will transfer elsewhere.
For What I know relation lock is the first parameter you willl meet in the faction relation.

Code: Select all

<relations locked="1">
Remove this line or may be change the 1 in 0

Relation value ; -1 is -30 and 1 is +30.
-0.0032 is -5.
-0.032 is -15.

Others exemples

0.215671 is somewhere around +23
-0.72483 is somewhere around -28

Reminder ; Dont forget to change the value for the two factions with the same value.
Once the file is modofied repacked it, sendind it in its original container, overwritting the former one inside.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 4. May 22, 15:23

Malchar wrote:
Wed, 4. May 22, 15:12
First before to modify a save, may be you can take precautions, and make a copy you will transfer elsewhere.
For What I know relation lock is the first parameter you willl meet in the faction relation.

Code: Select all

<relations locked="1">
Remove this line or may be change the 1 in 0

Relation value ; -1 is -30 and 1 is +30.
-0.0032 is -5.
-0.032 is -15.

Others exemples

0.215671 is somewhere around +23
-0.72483 is somewhere around -28

Reminder ; Dont forget to change the value for the two factions with the same value.
Once the file is modofied repacked it, sendind it in its original container, overwritting the former one inside.
this is perfect, thank you, i probably wont change this for a long time but just glad to have this is an option for when i need it, i do wonder if theres any bugs or complications that may arise with storys and plots if im not hostile with the xenon but the game seems pretty good at making things hostile for a mission even if you are not normally enemies.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 4. May 22, 15:31

I m sorry, but I cant help with story/plot/mission. I m allergique to these things, or to be exact I considere the quality of these features so low at X4 that I ignore it. Someone else could probably answer you, but for this question, I m the last who can give you hints.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”