Default Behaviour - UI Elements

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kipski910184
x3ap

Default Behaviour - UI Elements

Post by Kipski910184 » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 08:20

I have been writing a number of mods, and have been using the Default Behaviour UI as others have done before me. I am not an xml developer, although I am not new to coding,

I cannot get dropdown lists to work, and am looking for some support.

I can get a list of wares, this has been done before and is pretty straight forward.

<param name="WARE" text="{1001, 45}" comment="Ware" type="ware" default="ware.hullparts"/>

When I am trying to get lists for other items such as turretmodes, factions, ships, etc it does not appear to work. I have tried using a variety of types as defined in the unpacked game files, no joy. I have created my own lists of items and tried to use them, but no joy.

<param name="FACTION3" text="{7777666, 932}" comment="Faction" type="global.$FactionList" default=""/>

I have tried many, many permutations and variations without success, I figure I must be missing something (probably something simple) or it is just a limitation of the system/method I am using.

The list box does not appear on the screen at all... I can find no examples in other mods of this being done.

It doesn't affect the functionality of the mods, but would certainly simplify the interface.

Any support here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Matt

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: Default Behaviour - UI Elements

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 13:54

What is allowed to be in order params is sadly hard coded in the lua that handles that menu. I can't remember the exact file but i ran into this issue when i was trying to add a faction drop down.

Kipski910184
x3ap

Re: Default Behaviour - UI Elements

Post by Kipski910184 » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 14:07

That is fine mate, had pretty much come to that conclusion, but it is good to have it confirmed... Thanks for the response...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”