is there any way to "automatically" advance a plot (lets say via cheat menu or modifying file)?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kondenado
x4

is there any way to "automatically" advance a plot (lets say via cheat menu or modifying file)?

Post by Kondenado » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 20:19

I am stuck in one mission due to a bug (probably caused by mods).

Long story short, I need to repair the engine of a ship (in tides of avarice), but when I reach 20% it goes back to 5%. So I think that the best would be to advance the mission via cheat/mods as I have repeated this several times (reducing to the minimum amounts of mods, loading a little bit before) but I haven't managed to make it work.

Any suggestion on how to do it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: is there any way to "automatically" advance a plot (lets say via cheat menu or modifying file)?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 20:46

Over to the S&M forum as the gameplay forum is for vanilla play.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: is there any way to "automatically" advance a plot (lets say via cheat menu or modifying file)?

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:09

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 20:46
Over to the S&M forum as the gameplay forum is for vanilla play.
Mind linking where it says that?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:22

Kondenado wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 20:19

Long story short, I need to repair the engine of a ship (in tides of avarice), but when I reach 20% it goes back to 5%. So I think that the best would be to advance the mission via cheat/mods as I have repeated this several times (reducing to the minimum amounts of mods, loading a little bit before) but I haven't managed to make it work.

I am not familiar with that storyline or what is actually supposed to happen, nor am i familiar if you can set somethings hull to 100% with cheat mod.

Your best bet would probably be to run debug (exe params can be found at this post viewtopic.php?p=4976413#p4976413 )
Once you have the actual error it will be much easier to find a solution

Kondenado
x4

Post by Kondenado » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 17:42

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 01:22
Kondenado wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 20:19

I am not familiar with that storyline or what is actually supposed to happen, nor am i familiar if you can set somethings hull to 100% with cheat mod.

Your best bet would probably be to run debug (exe params can be found at this post viewtopic.php?p=4976413#p4976413 )
Once you have the actual error it will be much easier to find a solution
Thanks.

There is no error message or something like that.

Its a mission of Tides O avarice,

At certain point you find a ship "Bestowed ..." stranded in Windfall III I think, right before a Tide. You are supposed to try to fix the engine of the ship with the repair laser, and when you reach 20% the pilot of the ship will try to start the ship, but it will fail. Then you need to fix a couple of things more before the pilot abandons the ship.

I will look at the debug,

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 21:58

best way to do plots :

watch them on youtube .....and start a game with custom game start and all plots done thats the best way to play the game
the plots are hillariously buggy, stucking, and so damn annoiing .....
the plot sh1t out of ship on the torus for example ...the whole paranide plot .....
regarding plots.. egosoft did a worse job in x4 as in all games before...

Wonderbugg
x4

Post by Wonderbugg » Thu, 21. Jul 22, 17:07

My biggest gripe with the plot lines is that for some of these, you literally need a fleet of hundreds of fighters, a few destroyers and at least 1-2 carriers to complete them. No indication that this can happen to you - like in the Protectyon plot...you disagree with the twins and all of a sudden, there is 500+ VIG fighters on you. The other plot lines require you to build fleets, stations, etc. All of this costs more than you've made up to this point. When these happen, I just sit in my base, run SETA and come back in a week. Maybe I'd have enough credits by then.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”