Anyone tried to make a "factory" or "wharf" ship?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Black Falcon
x4

Anyone tried to make a "factory" or "wharf" ship?

Post by Black Falcon » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 12:43

Hey there,

i was off pretty long and just read a bit about diffs and so on to get into modding a little bit.

As a matter of interest: Has anyone bothered with making a facotry / wharf - style ship?
So basically something like an L/XL that can produce products or ships on it's own.

Emaples:
A Carrier / Supply - ship that can build S/M sized ships.
A construction ship that could build capitals (in addition or instead of stations)

So - if it's known to be impossible i won't bother at all, to dive deeper into it.

Basically the idea behind this is to go the Homeworld / Battlestar galactica route, have scattered resources that need time to regenerate, so your fleet would have to travel around and build on the go.
Large traders whould be storages, small and medium ones would exchange resources and products.

Best regards
Black Falcon / Mr.Thi

Edit: I already noticed this will probably involve fiddling around with menu_interactmenu.lua -.-* - at best.
If you are interested in Homeworld 2 or EVE Online, take a look at my mod at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-rts

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Anyone tried to make a "factory" or "wharf" ship?

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 28. Jul 22, 15:18

Black Falcon wrote:
Wed, 27. Jul 22, 12:43
Hey there,

i was off pretty long and just read a bit about diffs and so on to get into modding a little bit.

As a matter of interest: Has anyone bothered with making a facotry / wharf - style ship?
So basically something like an L/XL that can produce products or ships on it's own.

Emaples:
A Carrier / Supply - ship that can build S/M sized ships.
A construction ship that could build capitals (in addition or instead of stations)

So - if it's known to be impossible i won't bother at all, to dive deeper into it.

Basically the idea behind this is to go the Homeworld / Battlestar galactica route, have scattered resources that need time to regenerate, so your fleet would have to travel around and build on the go.
Large traders whould be storages, small and medium ones would exchange resources and products.

Best regards
Black Falcon / Mr.Thi

Edit: I already noticed this will probably involve fiddling around with menu_interactmenu.lua -.-* - at best.
I haven't done it myself, but it should definitely be possible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”