Any way to skip or modify missions via save edit?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Polofix

Any way to skip or modify missions via save edit?

Post by Polofix » Sat, 30. Jul 22, 16:01

I can't continue in a mission, the next mission is not triggered.
Have already tried everything.
Last chance, Save Edit.

Is this possible with X4 missions and if so how, where are the entries for it?

In X-Rebirth it worked.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Any way to skip or modify missions via save edit?

Post by euclid » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 14:41

It is very risky to edit the saved game. If you would provide more details on the mission and the stage that fails to complete then we may be able to help you to complete it.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 17:37

euclid wrote:
Sun, 31. Jul 22, 14:41
It is very risky to edit the saved game. If you would provide more details on the mission and the stage that fails to complete then we may be able to help you to complete it.

Cheers Euclid
Yes, I am aware of that. But I don't see any other option so far.

This is my problem:

after a long X4 break I have updated from V3.3 to V5.1.

I also wanted to resume the split plot from back then. I had ended it at the point where you are supposed to deliver the Seperatist fleet to Fau t'Nnt. So I went the way of the Zyarth Patriarchs.
My current mission is Schiksalsflammen (in German). I have delivered the Seperatist fleet. Now the next mission is to await Fau t'Nnt.

I also found him on the Rattlesnake in Bitter Heart II. When I land there and try to talk to him nothing happens. I'm stuck in that spot. I've also waited a long time (10 RT Hours), left Sector and come back, but he won't talk to me.

He keeps flying slowly around the fleet.

I have to say, I also have some mods installed. But even uninstalling most of them didn't fix the problem.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 19:23

Polofix wrote:
Sun, 31. Jul 22, 17:37
... I have to say, I also have some mods installed. But even uninstalling most of them didn't fix the problem.
If any mod is the cause then it's likely it left a trace in the saved game that made the "bug" persistent even after de-installing the mod. Have you checked that all the mods you're running are up-to-date?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 19:28

Yes, all Mods are up to date.

I would love to continue playing with the save, it is now several hundred hours old.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 23:25

It may be worth posting in the X4: Foundation main forum (GER or ENG what ever you prefer) for help (make sure the problem mission is mentioned in the post title). In you post you should, however, point out that you are running mods. Still, there is a chance that other player have/had similar problems with that mission and the mods may not be the issue here.

I had a quick skim through the md files of the split expansion. It seems the mission only completes if you deliver the fleet with the exact specification, i.e. the ships and their equipment (loadout).

Sorry if I cannot be of more help now but I still advise strongly against editing the saved game. However, if you decide to attempt it then backup the saved game!

Cheers Euclid

Edit: It seems there was a problem with this mission but it's suppose to be fixed. E.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 07:03

euclid wrote:
Sun, 31. Jul 22, 23:25
It may be worth posting in the X4: Foundation main forum (GER or ENG what ever you prefer) for help (make sure the problem mission is mentioned in the post title). In you post you should, however, point out that you are running mods. Still, there is a chance that other player have/had similar problems with that mission and the mods may not be the issue here.
I have already done that (in English and German) but unfortunately no answer yet.
euclid wrote:
I had a quick skim through the md files of the split expansion. It seems the mission only completes if you deliver the fleet with the exact specification, i.e. the ships and their equipment (loadout).
That's what I did, and the ships were accepted. It hangs on the next part of the mission: 'Await Fau t'Nnt' (Zyarth Path). I wait for hours. he won't talk to me.
euclid wrote:
Sorry if I cannot be of more help now but I still advise strongly against editing the saved game. However, if you decide to attempt it then backup the saved game!
I would risk that if I only knew which entries to edit.
euclid wrote:
Edit: It seems there was a problem with this mission but it's suppose to be fixed. E.
However, this is a different bug. The ship Fau t'Nnt is on is in the sector, I can land on it, but he won't talk to me.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”