Removing/Modifying Instantaneous Reputation Loss - Help Please

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AJBradburn
x4

Removing/Modifying Instantaneous Reputation Loss - Help Please

Post by AJBradburn » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 22:28

tldr: I am struggling to track which methods are called when a player owned ship completes a kill. Does anyone have guidance on where this would be, or how to best track this down?

I am working on a mod that eliminates the instantaneous loss of reputation that comes with killing a component or ship.

A player completed kill was easy to modify through notifications.xml.

I am struggling to track which methods are called when a player owned ship completes a kill. Does anyone have guidance on where this would be, or how to best track this down?

Thank you,
Anthony

The lore behind it goes as such:
In a world where ships are using drones to solicit aid upon attack, where trade offers have to be sought out, it should be impossible for a faction to know exactly when a ship or component is destroyed. Only when the same factions owns the sector and ship should such an attack be immediately recognized. Otherwise, and especially when sector owner and ship owner are at war, kills of ships or components should be anonymous (ignored) or delayed with a drone.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removing/Modifying Instantaneous Reputation Loss - Help Please

Post by kuertee » Tue, 30. Aug 22, 09:10

PlayerAttacks in the notifications xml in the md folder.

For player-owned AI ships, you’ll need to edit the interrupt attacked xml on the aiscripts folder.

I think it’s sufficient to edit the aiscript xml for what you need because it handles attack by you and attacks by anyone else, including your ai pilots.

Check out my Friendly Fire Tweaks mod to get an idea of these two. (Note that there’s a bug in that mod that prevents it from working. But you’ll get an idea of what the mod does from examining my changes and examining those sections of Egosoft’s code.)
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

AJBradburn
x4

Re: Removing/Modifying Instantaneous Reputation Loss - Help Please

Post by AJBradburn » Wed, 31. Aug 22, 20:20

Thank you for taking the time to reply kuertee. I will take a look and see what I can achieve.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”