[Request] Auto-replace destroyed ships that were assigned to a manager.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nexuscrawler
x4

[Request] Auto-replace destroyed ships that were assigned to a manager.

Post by Nexuscrawler » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 13:21

My savegame is getting larger and the number of stations and ships starts to grow. I increasingly find myself doing nothing else but replace ships that were destroyed due to pirate attacks, the occasional Kha'ak attack or through Xenon.

I got all my trade and mining ship blueprints saved. All I'm doing now about every hour or so is to go over all of my stations, look at the number of ships they have left, and then re-order the ones that were destroyed from the closest shipyard and re-assign them to the manager. That would be a task that would be really awesome to automate if possible.

Is there any sort of mod that would allow me to tell a manager to keep x amount of ships of a certain type (optimally via ship blueprints) and re-order them from the closest shipyard if they get destroyed and re-assign them to their task (mine, trade, protect)?
"Populanten von transparenten Domizilen mit fragiler Außenstruktur sollten mit fester Materie keine transzendenten Bewegungen durchführen."

Mystershow
x4

Re: [Request] Auto-replace destroyed ships that were assigned to a manager.

Post by Mystershow » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 19:57

There is a mod from Mysterial that does exactly this

It's called "Player Restock Subordinates" on the steam workshop

I haven't tried it but Mysterial is well known for mods of great quality
Last edited by Mystershow on Thu, 22. Sep 22, 04:01, edited 3 times in total.

Nexuscrawler
x4

Post by Nexuscrawler » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 22:01

Exactly what I was looking for!

THANK YOU!
"Populanten von transparenten Domizilen mit fragiler Außenstruktur sollten mit fester Materie keine transzendenten Bewegungen durchführen."

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 13:57

Exactly as Mystershow said...

I also use this mod since it came out. Some points to consider:
If you use a ship with a mix of different weapons/turrets, it will have sometimes (not always) problems, that not all weapons are again be installed. I had some s classes with a mix of lasers and rockets. Now, after the mod purchased it again, the turrets where switched - so this was not a problem. But I also had some fighters with a mix of different lasers and rockets - meaning 4 different types. In this case I never got the original configuration. Similar problems occure for L, M and XL. While I only use this mod for station and sektor security - mostly for out-of sector playstyle, I have my ships build up for these roles, you need to test if it works well with your payloads/turrets/etc.. A similar problem occures when using mods for other weapons, or shipmodels. In such cases you may also find that not all ships and weapons are repurchased and installed.
Also, it purchases the ships from the nearest shipyard! Means - your replacements are flying through other (maybe enemy) sectors! To overcome this (partly) you need to set the X4 internal filters for flythrough, save sectors, etc...
The replacements will only be orderd AFTER the battle. Means if you use a bulk, say 5 S, 2 M and 1L Class, these ships are orderd when the battle ended. Now, when ordered, as said nearest shipyard, you may fall into the problem of 'not enough ressources' at this shipyard. This mostly happens when the order goes to another faction. You need to look out for this, bec. your ships will take a longer time to build.
Renaming the replacements - none, needs to be done by player.
Roles, are preserved. Means, if you loose a s class escord, it will be a assigned as escord after its build. (Not working with mods for roles like sector patrol or rapid response, tater trader, etc...)

Still, this mod its a great help for larger fleets...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”