[Request] Disable engine sounds

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StarFreeze
x4

[Request] Disable engine sounds

Post by StarFreeze » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 14:22

Just came back playing the game after a many year break and the engine sounds like crazy loud compared to everything else in the game ruining the experience a lot. Sadly I see no in-game way of lowering the engine sounds specifically so thus a mod request or way to disable them. Or lower them by 90% because I want to hear the game sounds, the pew pew, and ambience...just not the engines the entire time at 5000000% volume compared to everything else.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Request] Disable engine sounds

Post by kuertee » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 18:31

I find the same.
You can turn down the ambient levels in the settings. No mod is required.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

StarFreeze
x4

Post by StarFreeze » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 03:32

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 27. Oct 22, 18:31
I find the same.
You can turn down the ambient levels in the settings. No mod is required.
Huh? what? My ambient volume at 0 and I can still hear the engines well over everything else. Its completely unbearable. The only way for me to lower it is lowering effects volume but then I can't hear the pew pew or anything else except station talk lol. Thus the desire for a mod to turn this engine related sounds off entirely.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 09:44

Look in the nexus, there is one mod doing that. There is also another that replaces all sounds if you like the new. In general, replacing sounds is easy. Do a subst_01.cat/dat with the same identical names of the vanilla sounds. Use the same audio format of course

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 13:51

If it's only one specific ship (engine) then you could edit the corresponding wav file (requires an audio software).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 15:47

StarFreeze wrote:
Fri, 28. Oct 22, 03:32
... Huh? what? My ambient volume at 0 and I can still hear the engines well over everything else. ...
If not ambient settings then one of the other settings - as you found out. :D I don't remember every setting available. I just knew it was one of those.

But yeah, low pew, pew included as you said. But it did lower down the engine sounds. :D

and ... just do what the others say.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”