Mod request: Move any station like the PHQ (QoL)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cyron43
x4

Mod request: Move any station like the PHQ (QoL)

Post by Cyron43 » Sat, 31. Dec 22, 19:16

Hi, it would be great if we could move any of our stations to any location, including a different sector.
I'm not an expert but wouldn't it be possible to access the same part of the code which is responsible for teleporting the PHQ to another sector?
Instead of asking Boso Ta we could ask the station manager to do it. Just skip the research part if that's causing any problems.

thomassanford
x4

Re: Mod request: Move any station like the PHQ (QoL)

Post by thomassanford » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 01:23

IMHO, It would be very cool if you could tractor beam pull them like in X3 with like a few tugs or some such. The teleporting stuff around I don't much care for personally, since we have no jump capabilities otherwise. Just my $.02.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 14:44

thomassanford wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 01:23
... since we have no jump capabilities otherwise.
Not sure what you mean with that. Anyway, the reason for my request is that I will most likely move to one of the Boron sectors once the DLC is out - not just in one savegame but in several.
This is a very cumbersome process:
- Build a temporarily depot in the new sector
- move all resources and products to there. Maybe I even need to buy more freighters just for that and this is very expensive!
- Tear down the old station and move the whole content of the build storage to the new construction site (because costs).
- Build the new station.
- Move the content of the depot to the new station.
- Tear down the depot and move the whole content of the build storage to the build storage of the new station (or sell it).

Yes it would be great if we could tow whole stations instead but this is not what this mod request is about. :)

thomassanford
x4

Post by thomassanford » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 18:33

Sorry. I was purposing an actual game mechanic to work toward your goals. If you just want to beam stuff around use Cheat Menu https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2046100040 Use the JUMP function.

More on same here

url corrected.E.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 19:44

I'm using this mod since its release but I didn't know we can do THAT. Shame on me. Thanks for telling me. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 20:41

You can edit the md related to the phq so that its final destination is not grand Exchange. You can set sector and xyz coord. I've never done it so don't know about possible plot breaking. But I saw the code in the md.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 20:47

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 20:41
You can edit the md related to the phq so that its final destination is not grand Exchange. You can set sector and xyz coord. I've never done it so don't know about possible plot breaking. But I saw the code in the md.
Hi Realspace, please consider that not everyone is a modder. I have no clue what you are talking about. Your words are like Chinese to me. Anyway, thanks for trying to help. My problem is solved. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”