Moving a Station help

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Moving a Station help

Post by Scoob » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 23:10

Hey all,

Not sure what happened, but I placed a station in the wrong sector, then left it to build for hours and hours while I've been doing various missions and other things. it was only when I went to check on it and it wasn't there, I knew something was up. I *thought* I'd placed it in Silent Witness XI, to take advantage of the nearby scrap field. However, where it's actually placed - and I really don't know how - is Nopileo's Fortune VI. Little scrap around this area, unless SCA are going particularly nuts in the sector.

Is it possible, via save editing, to move my station to a different location? I know this is a hack, cheat or whatever, but I don't want this one mistake / error / whatever happened to mean I'll abandon this game.

If it's a MASSIVE effort, editing every single module or something like that, it's too much. If the entire Plot can be moved with relative ease, I'm in.

Any and all help appreciated.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Moving a Station help

Post by euclid » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 23:44

I'm sure you can warp many objects (if not all) including stations (not only the PHQ) but I'm not sure of the building plot. Also some of the running scripts involving the station (mainly build and trade related) could cause problems. Anyway, an interesting idea. I'm sure someone is working already on a "Jump any Station" mod ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 00:01

I've never actually gotten around to research the HQ warping tech. Actually, this is the first game where the relevant mission has activated, it never did before. Anyway, I was looking more for a fix to my issues, thinking a save edit might be possible. I read elsewhere that the Cheat Mod can do this, but I hesitate to use that as I've heard it can cause problems.

So, not wanted a fully-integrated lore-friendly mod to do it - though that would of course would be great - rather just a fix for my dilemma lol.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 09:24

Most likely you need to complete the construction of the module or the entire station and then use the mod Recycle Ships and Stations

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421227
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/72

This should help you.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 14:45

Thanks, I actually have that mod downloaded, but not installed this game.

I may try and stick it out, see how the station gets on. To my surprise, there's a fairly steady stream of scrap incoming. Once the station is fully complete, I'll consider my options again. I must have just had a brain fart placing it in the wrong sector.

Dexo
x4

Post by Dexo » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 10:09

you can move any station with the cheat menu mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2046100040

you need to target the station and mark the new location on the map with the guidancesystem.
then you hit ctrl+h and select 1 and then 3.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”